Who All Got The Banhammer This Time?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who all got the banhammer this time?
Who all got the banhammer this time?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
By Afania 2020-02-26 21:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Afania said: »
SimonSes said: »
Let me be clear; No one, and i mean no one, playing at any viable level of endgame, plays without either windower or ashita.

You are delusional. Several players from our LS play vanilla and that's one of the most acompilshed LS on Bahamut. 90%+ JP players play without windower/ashita and they did everything in end game. Few JP players started posting youtube videos recently. I doubt any of them uses windower/ashita and they do stuff like Ambuscade VD, Wave2 dynamis windurst boss, every boss in Omen and all of that solo with or without trusts.

Lexouritis is leader or Inquisition and leader or partial leader of Gunslingers. They did things like Tumult Curator and all Helms several years ago, before any evasion nerfs. Lex was playing vanilla all that time. I think he maybe recently started using Windower only to be able to use DGVoodooo, but he was successfully doing everything in endgame for several years now, including afaik "recently" being first NA LS to beat one of the Dynamis D wave 3. Also like I said, he is not the only one playing vanilla in those LSs.

I will repeat; No one plays without ashita or windower. Hell, if you have windows 10, you need to violate the ToS just to get the game to even run.

Does legacy component actually break ToS? That's new.

I play on Windows 7 anyways...Now I'm feeling special.

Edit: just read what mini said. That's weird, I used to play on win 10 laptop and never needed to install any tools for PoL to run. Just legacy components from Windows 10.

Without using a 3rd party tool to alter/replace the game files to utilize a newer version of direct x you will get substandard performance, especially on gaming laptops where it becomes literally unplayable, maxing out at 15 fps.

FFXI is so old newer OSs and hardware simply dont play nice with it out of the box. You need to violate ToS just to make the game run at an acceptable level.

Define "acceptable level".

I'm quite sure I have above 15 fps outside of dyna or zerg alliance. In fact my win 10 laptop is still faster than my win 7 ones. So it's not a requirment to break ToS to play.

Admittedly I did change the settings to pretty low for dynamis but saying it's absolutely unplayable under all circumstances to the point that everyone will break ToS is exaggerating.

If you want to argue that anything lower than the highest resolution isn't acceptable then that's another story.

I mean if you have a proper gaming laptop with a dedicated GPU and an integrated GPU, its physically impossible to get anything stable above 15 FPS without heavy modifications to either your laptop or the game itself, as it will not use your proper GPU. And even when it DOES use the GPU, its still playing in a severely suboptimal way that you need to make your experience objectively worse in order to enjoy.

Its the difference between me being able to max all settings + HD mods via dat swaps (which are also against ToS but hey), or having to have all settings at their lowest value, shadows off, everyone else stuck in JSE etc.

And even then its not a completely stable 30.

Sure, game lags at max settings but that isn't the same as needing tools to "run" the game.
By Shokozui 2020-02-26 21:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I love how people these days snub their noses at one type of cheater while they are a different type of cheater. Everyone breaking the ToS.

Justifying fraud by pretending everybody jaywalk! You are the kind of people we look for in our LS! :D

I welcome you with open arms... tiny tiny taru arms.
[+]
 Bahamut.Insdupergadget
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shokozui
By Bahamut.Insdupergadget 2020-02-26 21:35:46
Link | Citer | R

Indeed!

If you ain't cheating, you ain't

[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-26 22:20:36
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Let me be clear; No one, and i mean no one, playing at any viable level of endgame, plays without either windower or ashita.

You are delusional. Several players from our LS play vanilla and that's one of the most acompilshed LS on Bahamut. 90%+ JP players play without windower/ashita and they did everything in end game. Few JP players started posting youtube videos recently. I doubt any of them uses windower/ashita and they do stuff like Ambuscade VD, Wave2 dynamis windurst boss, every boss in Omen and all of that solo with or without trusts.

Lexouritis is leader or Inquisition and leader or partial leader of Gunslingers. They did things like Tumult Curator and all Helms several years ago, before any evasion nerfs. Lex was playing vanilla all that time. I think he maybe recently started using Windower only to be able to use DGVoodooo, but he was successfully doing everything in endgame for several years now, including afaik "recently" being first NA LS to beat one of the Dynamis D wave 3. Also like I said, he is not the only one playing vanilla in those LSs.

I will repeat; No one plays without ashita or windower. Hell, if you have windows 10, you need to violate the ToS just to get the game to even run.

Does legacy component actually break ToS? That's new.

I play on Windows 7 anyways...Now I'm feeling special.

Edit: just read what mini said. That's weird, I used to play on win 10 laptop and never needed to install any tools for PoL to run. Just legacy components from Windows 10.

Without using a 3rd party tool to alter/replace the game files to utilize a newer version of direct x you will get substandard performance, especially on gaming laptops where it becomes literally unplayable, maxing out at 15 fps.

FFXI is so old newer OSs and hardware simply dont play nice with it out of the box. You need to violate ToS just to make the game run at an acceptable level.

Define "acceptable level".

I'm quite sure I have above 15 fps outside of dyna or zerg alliance. In fact my win 10 laptop is still faster than my win 7 ones. So it's not a requirment to break ToS to play.

Admittedly I did change the settings to pretty low for dynamis but saying it's absolutely unplayable under all circumstances to the point that everyone will break ToS is exaggerating.

If you want to argue that anything lower than the highest resolution isn't acceptable then that's another story.

I mean if you have a proper gaming laptop with a dedicated GPU and an integrated GPU, its physically impossible to get anything stable above 15 FPS without heavy modifications to either your laptop or the game itself, as it will not use your proper GPU. And even when it DOES use the GPU, its still playing in a severely suboptimal way that you need to make your experience objectively worse in order to enjoy.

Its the difference between me being able to max all settings + HD mods via dat swaps (which are also against ToS but hey), or having to have all settings at their lowest value, shadows off, everyone else stuck in JSE etc.

And even then its not a completely stable 30.

Sure, game lags at max settings but that isn't the same as needing tools to "run" the game.

Except, again, for a large number of users, even at the lowest possible settings you get 15 FPS max.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-26 22:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Insdupergadget said: »
Indeed!

If you ain't cheating, you ain't

Hey, if breaking the law is good enough for the president of the US, its good enough for FFXI.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-02-26 23:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Asus FX504, Windows 10, no DGVooDoo, laptop's at max settings, and unless I roll the Dynamis roulette, I don't lag anywhere. 90% of the time I'm 25-30 FPS with no mods done.

Sub *** optimal I guess.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-26 23:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Asus FX504, Windows 10, no DGVooDoo, laptop's at max settings, and unless I roll the Dynamis roulette, I don't lag anywhere. 90% of the time I'm 25-30 FPS with no mods done.

Sub *** optimal I guess.

Oh look, someone that thinks anecdote = data.
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-27 00:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Over an hour without a post on this thread??!?!!?!

Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-27 00:59:17
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Afania 2020-02-27 01:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Over an hour without a post on this thread??!?!!?!

The conversation was over 7 posts ago, so you'd have to start a new (interesting) topic :p
By mhomho 2020-02-27 02:45:23
Link | Citer | R

Woke up this morning. Checked my emails.

Come on SE. I haven't even logged in on that one in while. How can they say I committed a violation if I wasn't even in game at the time of their 'sentencing'?

"Unfortunately, you have shown yourself to be unwilling to follow the rules of the FINAL FANTASY XI community."

Maybe I shouldn't have linked that one to a 14 account......
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-27 02:46:58
Link | Citer | R

What was this supposed to be?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-27 02:47:54
Link | Citer | R

This, is that.

Yessir they just passed out some banninations. and no, it doesn't matter if you hadn't done anything in days, they'll still say violations found on today.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-02-27 02:48:58
Link | Citer | R

What was this supposed to be?

Video link says this!

EDIT: Eiryl so fast ; ;
[+]
By mhomho 2020-02-27 02:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Was about 30days after it had gotten hit with a temp.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-27 02:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »

I only even happen to be awake because an account got bannonized. Blame square for my fastedness.

Not bad that's a new BP for me on how fast can a new account get banned.
1/08/2020 Thank you for registering a Square Enix account.
1/31/2020 This notice is to inform you that we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XI service account
2/27/2020 This notice is to inform you that we have terminated the FINAL FANTASY XI service account
[+]
By mhomho 2020-02-27 02:56:25
Link | Citer | R

They say the witching hour is 3am. Seems SE gives out bans at 3am EST. Eiryl is up as well. Coincidence?
By Draylo 2020-02-27 03:04:55
Link | Citer | R

On WED yes. The auto-ban is going strong, RIP
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-27 03:41:23
Link | Citer | R

...and yet Unclephil and Bloopbloop have been farming Bomb Coal in Garlaige Citadel for years now.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-02-27 03:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »

I only even happen to be awake because an account got bannonized. Blame square for my fastedness.

Not bad that's a new BP for me on how fast can a new account get banned.
1/08/2020 Thank you for registering a Square Enix account.
1/31/2020 This notice is to inform you that we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XI service account
2/27/2020 This notice is to inform you that we have terminated the FINAL FANTASY XI service account

Just out of curiosity, how many monthly charges ($13+) did you pay by the time each ban took place?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-27 05:22:53
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
What were banned people doing?

Sleeping probably.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-27 05:24:42
Link | Citer | R

...and yet Unclephil and Bloopbloop have been farming Bomb Coal in Garlaige Citadel for years now.

Yes, and a tri bots keep strong on Palborough Mines here on my server.

Maybe SE blinks their eyes for sphere botings and slaught spark/accolade bots (game needs more supply of spheres than gil imo)

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-27 05:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Meh.

They just want more extra cash. Those botters will still come back with a new sub.

Its actually quite brilliant. Anyone who ask spark/accolade conversion to gil to be nerf ignore that this farming can be one of the smartest commercial decision in the game: low requirement farming, low time investment, profits proportional to number of subs. What other content in game can bring new 18 active subs? And fragile subs you can just wipe them because they will come back like hydras head, converting in more cash to SE.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-02-27 06:51:30
Link | Citer | R

extreme would be starting to ban windower users, what they do now is just what they should have never stopped doing in the first place.

imagine they follow up their promises, deliver a big content update that draws players back in and they get confronted with a bot army the first couple of hours they've returned. doesn't make a good first impression.

i suggest we open a new thread every wednesday titled "who won this weeks mogbananza" or something along those lines. everyone bring rotten tomatos and eggs.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-27 08:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
extreme would be starting to ban windower users, what they do now is just what they should have never stopped doing in the first place.

imagine they follow up their promises, deliver a big content update that draws players back in and they get confronted with a bot army the first couple of hours they've returned. doesn't make a good first impression.

i suggest we open a new thread every wednesday titled "who won this weeks mogbananza" or something along those lines. everyone bring rotten tomatos and eggs.

Im pretty sure no one cares about the RMTs at this point. Its not like they really affect you in a significant way.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11