Who All Got The Banhammer This Time?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who all got the banhammer this time?
Who all got the banhammer this time?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
By Shichishito 2020-02-20 13:03:29
Link | Citer | R

agree, those who get banned always return, its the pile/fly relationship. i'm pretty sure i've read reports of multiboxers who cheated on all of their accounts but only got some of them suspended. there is probably a method to the madness as its less likely they quit for good as long as they still have unharmed accounts active and more likely they'll recreate those lost alts if they can power level them with their remaining ones.

would be interesting to know if its more likely to lose a account with ergons as reacquiring one would insure at least a half yearish subscription.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 13:39:34
Link | Citer | R

How SE chooses who to ban

[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Serveur: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-20 15:21:02
Link | Citer | R

anyone else notice that the number of bannings they reported happening actually went down by several hundred in november when the medal/VWNM bannings were at their peak?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 15:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Fake numbers are fake
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2020-02-20 15:35:01
Link | Citer | R

Imagine playing ffxi without flee speed and pos hacks
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 15:44:27
Link | Citer | R

There is a case to be made that movement speed is too slow. Several things in modern FFXI are just time wasters by definition. (Weakness for example, serves no purpose other than to waste your time. JA delay is a way to waste time). But if they bumped movement speed up by 50%, would require the same for all monsters. Which wouldn't be bad imo. Most of the need for movement speed is for just travelling and not circumventing game mechanics/enemy speed.
[+]
 Fairy.Trig
Serveur: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-02-20 15:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fondue said: »
Imagine playing ffxi without flee speed and pos hacks
Or just be a cor
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 15:47:15
Link | Citer | R

If you ever actually looked at time spent getting to "objective" and/or waiting for "objective" vs actual time spent doing "objective" I promise you would be a sad sad panda.

And it's interesting they've already increased the movement speed.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-20 16:09:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you ever actually looked at time spent getting to "objective" and/or waiting for "objective" vs actual time spent doing "objective" I promise you would be a sad sad panda.

And it's interesting they've already increased the movement speed.

So true.

And a measly 25% (24%?). Should've been at least a 50% increase. Alot of zones in the game are quite large.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 16:13:22
Link | Citer | R

That's not half the problem. Too much goddamn zoning. Zone to get KI. zone to empty Sparks. Zone to Mog house to get Gil. Zone to run to auction house to sell stuff. Zone to enter battlefield. Zone out of battlefield. Repeat on mules.

I can clear VD tenzen in about 2 minutes after buffs but it takes another 3 in zoning/selling/trading gear for vouchers/new ki. By the time I finish all of that, composure on RDM is ready again from when I used it in the fight.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 16:20:27
Link | Citer | R

lol. doing the dragon cycle.

Zone to Qufim. Zone to Zitah. warp to the boss. zone out with warp ring. Zone to Miseraux. Zone to Ru'aun. warp to the boss. Ring to Dem. Zone to Reisen. Warp to the boss.

All those zones. All those menu interactions. how much time you spend just menuing to do that is mind blowing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-20 16:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Several things in modern FFXI are just time wasters by definition. (Weakness for example, serves no purpose other than to waste your time.)

Gotta completely disagree on this bit (snippeted from your original post- your other comments I had no argument over, just the comments on weakness).

Weakness is a wonderful design in the game. Without it, we could just zombie stuff, but it wouldn't even be zombie. Its that 3-5 minutes out of action that makes strategies built around AVOIDING that result work. If there's no penalty to dying, why try and prevent it beyond a few swings?

Hate too high for the tank to hold it off you? Just die and reset hate, get healed/buffed back up no wait. Hell, why waste a slot on a tank anyways? Just let the DDs go hog wild until they die, and repeat.

Why waste time with defensive buffs? Go all out offense in buffs and gear and get what swings in you can.

If there are functional ways that the game could work without a weakened status in terms of the uniqueness of this game, I'm all for hearing them. I play this game because its NOT like other online games, and I don't think I'm alone in that regard. Weakened status is one of those things that while makes our lives harder during fights/events, also forces a different complexity to not only beating something, but surviving it to maximize efficiency.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-02-20 16:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That's not half the problem. Too much goddamn zoning. Zone to get KI. zone to empty Sparks. Zone to Mog house to get Gil. Zone to run to auction house to sell stuff. Zone to enter battlefield. Zone out of battlefield. Repeat on mules.

I can clear VD tenzen in about 2 minutes after buffs but it takes another 3 in zoning/selling/trading gear for vouchers/new ki. By the time I finish all of that, composure on RDM is ready again from when I used it in the fight.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
lol. doing the dragon cycle.

Zone to Qufim. Zone to Zitah. warp to the boss. zone out with warp ring. Zone to Miseraux. Zone to Ru'aun. warp to the boss. Ring to Dem. Zone to Reisen. Warp to the boss.

All those zones. All those menu interactions. how much time you spend just menuing to do that is mind blowing.

AMBU ugh
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-20 17:07:39
Link | Citer | R

hestermofet said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
it's going to be 'that time' once a week for the foreseeable future, if you're still running around at 200% and pos warping for irrelevant ***consider yourself dumb

I've been running around all morning at 700x speed and POShacking around the goddamn world and absolutely *** all has been done to me this morning. Presuming everyone is getting banned for it makes you look about as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as the morons who buy your gil. Quit pretending you're some all-knowing *** guru of FFXI when you spout ignorant *** such as this.

I think you have an admirer. His first post was to trash talk lol
By Crossbones 2020-02-20 17:08:01
Link | Citer | R

There is already a penalty to death which is losing all your buffs. Make it 2 minutes max or 1m with arise and that's good enough.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 17:10:49
Link | Citer | R

Weakness is one of those necessary evil deals. It's really stupid and overly punishing. 30 minute event and you can't do anything for 5 entire minutes? Broken. (yes arise is a thing, but if it takes more than 2 minutes - multiple deaths, cooldown, timing it's still 5 minutes or more actual down time)

Is it really necessary to have a punishment for dying? is it really necessary for that punishment to be 3-5+ minutes? Does it really matter if you could get up with no penalty?

Group can't win and zombies the mob for the full 30 minutes - you have to wait the full 30 minutes for your turn.
Group can win but keep dying and prolong the fight the full 30 minutes and win - you still had to wait 30 minutes for your turn, but their experience was shittier because of the punishments.

It doesn't really need to be a thing. Especially not lowered max health and -100% attack speed and absolute zero macc and racc. How many times do you die right after a raise because you're animation locked with 50 hp.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-20 17:21:24
Link | Citer | R

let's not pretend this game isn't already easy enough

weakness is perfectly fine, jesus
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-20 17:26:51
Link | Citer | R

It is fine, but it's also unnecessary

It's that extra annoying little thing that they tack on to everything.

Confirm every auction house sale? Trade crystals to the moogle? Retrieve crystals but have to break them from clusters? Manually obtain a new pop KI by zoning back and forth? Recast the same trust every time you zone? Wait two minutes to cast trust if you invite someone? Food dispel? Animation lock? "saving throws"? 5% floors? Running out of time in abyssea? 10 minute long chocobo races? Full inventory loads every time you zone?

All little annoying things that don't really need to be things.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-02-20 18:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Bots get banned, humans get unburdened.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-20 18:51:31
Link | Citer | R

The real punishment from dying isn't weakness, but it's that period of time where you're devoid of buffs. The other jobs have to divert focus away from what they were doing to get you back your buffs, so you don't die (again) or so that you're able to actually contribute to the fight. Only ninja can remove weakness (go figure) but it's entirely designed to waste your time. Full dispel move from this months ambu is about wasting your time. But all of those things are within the flow of battle and it's fine because it's a mechanic that players aren't even remotely concerned about. Didn't even say there was anything wrong with weakness either; I only mentioned it in the context of "things that waste your time in the game"

But movement speed and zoning being horribly slow/redundant in relation to completing tasks is taxing. It's no surprise players resort to speed and position hacking because that ***turns into a chore.
By Draylo 2020-02-20 18:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much just stop POS hacking and afk botting, even for WS trials. It's not gil buying or whatever dumb stuff people think. They do this every so often, the last time was like 2 years ago and its because they were embarrassed with the recent exploits back to back. They will probably stop in a couple months or so and you can do it again fro another two years, but someone needs to be the test pigs and see if its still on.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-20 20:37:06
Link | Citer | R

They already increased movement speed, you use teleports to get everywhere or have mounts for large zones. Really the only zone thats annoying is the wotg ones for missions, those are miserable but once you pass it you never go again.

Theres really no need to speed hack, no need to beat the entire game so fast.

Also, i carry a rarab hat +1 in my wardrobe, it gives quickening and short recast.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-02-20 21:42:43
Link | Citer | R

Jdove said: »
Lets just all stop using 3rd party programs when we play the game all together from now on and play the way it was meant to be played. Noone wants to buy gil or cp with bots our time isn't valuable enough to cheat. we all have more time than ever to play or we would just quit theres no need to bot all week for 2 hours of play time on a week end what would even be the purpose of playing.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-02-20 22:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Jdove said: »
Lets just all stop using 3rd party programs when we play the game all together from now on and play the way it was meant to be played. Noone wants to buy gil or cp with bots our time isn't valuable enough to cheat. we all have more time than ever to play or we would just quit theres no need to bot all week for 2 hours of play time on a week end what would even be the purpose of playing.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Dr. Evil has to be one of the most quotable characters in cinema.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-02-21 01:46:29
Link | Citer | R

I just want a skip cutscene function. I don't care if it's from SE or from a third party source. I want to play the game, not watch a movie. There are places you can click to rewatch cutscenes if you care enough about a story. Not to mention that I've already ignored/tapped through them enough times already.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-02-21 01:58:44
Link | Citer | R

most aspects of the game got speed up over time but weakness is one of those that didn't. 3-5 minutes weakness it complete overkill. death already comes with consequences for instance:
-healer needs to change focus and party runs a higher risk of more deaths
-low hp + animation lock + AoE spam of enemy increases chance of getting bodied again right away.
-you lose all buffs and rebuffing takes focus of DDing/supporting from half of your party.

the higher tiers of raise should reduce weakness to maybe 30-60 seconds max, you could consequently also reduce battlefield timeouts from 15 to 10 minutes for example which could further reduce queue wait times but thats all free "play time" to keep the hamster wheel spinning for longer.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11