Who All Got The Banhammer This Time?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who all got the banhammer this time?
Who all got the banhammer this time?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-02-26 13:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Preface:
Most of us who use Nvidia GPUs need to install something like DG Voodoo to get the game to run. Therefore, 100% Vanilla play is denoted by the loading of the POL client without pre-loading Windowers or Ashita.

Reality:
Lex is even more vanilla than I am. Types as bad as I do. Yet manages to play the game totally vanilla. He occasionally duo boxes on 2 laptops.

I used to duo box on a desk top and laptop. But gave my laptop to a disabled friend who had fallen on hard times. So now I occasionally duo box using windower. I only use gear swap on COR because my COR has way too much gear. Vanilla makes it easier to optimize and fine tune acc and tp gain in mid process by just swapping gear around in your gear set panel.

Gear swap, however, requires better typing skills than I have, and several steps to make a simple change in gear code:
1) copy a gear set;
2) hunt down the line or lines in a job lua where the change needs to occur;
3) cut and paste;
4) save and reload;
5) test for errors;
6) correct the errors and repeat steps 2-5 till it works as intended.

Thus, while I appreciate the convenience of gear swap, I dislike it for emergencies or when lag is phenomenal. (i.e. Dynamis [D] lag.) or I run out of a certain ammo.

Inquisition LS includes mostly vanilla players and marginal gear swap players. We break most records on the fastest completion times on end game content like Master Trials and Dynamis [D] because support prides itself on being 100% present and focused on keeping the right buffs and debuffs up. Automated bots can't handle situations where lag, bad links, and deaths interfere with support priorities.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-26 14:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
I must have found the sweet spot, because my macro sets run perfect with equip sets, although I wish lock style could be it's own menu so I could free up 20 more slots. The only issue I come across is if I get my main/sub disarmed.

You can run vanilla and be perfectly efficient. Also, I'm a solo player anyhow, and I'm perfectly happy with my efficiency and playstyle.

Ehh, its pretty much impossible for equipsets to manage pre/mid cast sets properly, and heaven forbid you want to have multiple tp sets. You'll also spend a lot of time tping in ws gear just because of macro lag. If you mostly play solo with trusts I'm sure it works, but someone with equal gear and a proper gearswap is going to be far more effective.

Probably everything here is completely inaccurate. Coming from a vanilla equipset user. I can be just as efficient (if not more efficient) than people who rely on gs, and people that have seen me play can attest. Every set I have is built on the vanilla engine. The biggest issue I have is running out of space to put all of my utility sets (I play 15 jobs, so partially my problem). It's a big overstatement to say that GS USERS are going to be more efficient because it all depends on the player and not the engine. Though GS has efficiencies, you can build them in vanilla that are functional.

Ie I have a precast/mc especially for jobs like RDM, RUN. I have preshot/mid shot sets for RNG/COR. You wouldn't know I was a vanilla user if you were parsing next to me. It does require more macros but it's actually.....(stay with me here) kind of fulfilling.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 14:18:40
Link | Citer | R

You can be just as efficient with vanilla macros it's just stupid to do it.

Imagine burning thousands of macros for firesday watersday windsday etc

Imagine writing 16 weapon macros, and then 16 more that don't have moonshade for when you're at 3k, and then 16 more of the same macro for high acc, and then 16 more of those same high acc version for moonshades.

And if you say "you don't need to do that" then you lost the argument because you are decidedly NOT as efficient.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-02-26 14:42:32
Link | Citer | R

conditional gear like the elemental belts/staffs or moonshade are clearly designed with something like gearswap in mind, everything else would be a imposition.

with a editor like notepad++ you can search and replace any piece of gear for multiple jobs with the click of a button, that type of convenience alone makes GS a option worth to consider.

i can see how someone who already built his equipset library might be hesitant to go thru the hustle to setup gearswap but i also see there is little incentive for someone who setup his spellcast/gearswap years befor they implemented equipsets to switch back to the ingame solution.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-26 14:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Imagine writing 16 weapon macros, and then 16 more that don't have moonshade for when you're at 3k, and then 16 more of the same macro for high acc, and then 16 more of those same high acc version for moonshades.

I feel like this whole post is hypocritical of itself. You say you can be just as efficient, but then list all of the ways it's totally not efficient.

Sorry, but without gearswap you're just not as efficient (not talking to you eiryl, just in general). I have to hit 2 macros to do something, someone not using gearswap has to hit 10 macros. It takes time. The reason I parse so high in so many fights is because I don't waste any time doing anything. Every half of
a second counts.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 14:52:57
Link | Citer | R

It's basically: can I be efficient enough to beat you in a parse while I use vanilla, yes. < this is a good enough measuring stick for some people.

Can I be as efficient as I could be, with gearswap, no.

Same deal with "which job is bestest? I beat my friend all the time"
[+]
By Drayco 2020-02-26 14:55:44
Link | Citer | R

I would have killed to know about GS back in the 75 days playing blm. 8 elemental staffs, 8 obis, HP force down set for Sorcerer's Ring... I had to hit at least 3 macros before casting and 2 during casting for every single spell. I can't imagine throwing a mid-cast macro into that mix.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 14:57:26
Link | Citer | R

There was gearswap back then, it was just a different name. spellcast.

it was for that purpose, specifically, but it's been perverted into the damn near botting that it is now.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-26 16:03:40
Link | Citer | R

It's like we've gone full circle. No, is not delusional to assume the majority break the tos in some form, stop being dumb. Youre probably breaking the tos just using this websites features
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-26 17:04:05
Link | Citer | R

There was gearswap back then, it was just a different name. spellcast.

it was for that purpose, specifically, but it's been perverted into the damn near botting that it is now.

At the same time, optimizing can be a lot of fun as well. While i prefer ashita, i do enjoy playing around with ashitacast and trying to get things to work and optimize things from scratch with minimal things directly taken from other players, and only looking at theirs for reference on how to get things to work.

There are some things i wish i either knew about with ashitacast or that were added to ashitacast, such as having it check if you have an item in inventory before running a command or check if a JA is off CD before using it, but its honestly a *lot* of fun micromanaging what it does in the background and finally getting something to work yourself.

In that way, its a lot like FFXIIs combat; if you really enjoyed the gambit system and all the tweaks you could do to that, micromanaging your windower/ashitacast is a much more in depth version of that if you want it to be.

Its more realistic to look at it as an extension of the game and gameplay at this point than just something that diminishes or avoids it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-26 17:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Let me be clear; No one, and i mean no one, playing at any viable level of endgame, plays without either windower or ashita.

• First Aeonics — 04/10/16
• All 16 Aeonics — 04/11/17
• Tumult Curator — 06/06/16 (Long before evasion nerfs)
• Unafraid of the Dark (SL MT) — 08/18/16
• Black & White (Alex/Odin MT) — 11/13/16
• Sealed Fate (Omega/Ultima MT) — 02/04/17
• Disjoined Galka — 07/08/18
• Disjoined Tarutaru — 07/11/18
• Disjoined Elvaan — 07/18/18
• Disjoined Mithra — 07/21/18
• Heroine's Combat II (Iroha MT) — 09/19/18
• Schah 36s Melee Burn — 02/26/19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXOwbhxGH5M
• Sealed Fate NO MEWS (Omega/Ultima MT) — 08/12/19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVRzvUHsJuM

No windower or Ashita

SimonSes said: »
I think he maybe recently started using Windower only to be able to use DGVoodooo, but he was successfully doing everything in endgame for several years now, including afaik "recently" being first NA LS to beat one of the Dynamis D wave 3. Also like I said, he is not the only one playing vanilla in those LSs.

Disjoined Galka was First World and i'm 90% sure Tarutaru was 2nd World Kill of a disjoined.

No windower or Ashita

If this isn't 'viable endgame', idk what is
[+]
By Afania 2020-02-26 18:31:36
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Shame it's not easy to just ban access to FFXI servers from Chinese and UAE IP addresses to stop the majority of the sellers and buyers.

Huh? Unless they changed something playing FFXI in China used to require VPN.

You also need VPN to play (not Chinese version of) FF14 in China so banning access does absolutely nothing. Either not all sellers are Chinese or they would use VPN anyways. Everyone and their mother in China uses VPN so it's not like they ever care.

Fenrir.Loynis said: »
Afania said: »
It's possible to have unlimited equipset slots now that you can save the settings.

I play 11 jobs and the entire reason why I can give certain jobs 5+ macro books is because of the new save settings function.
Do you mean that setting in the FFXI config to save/restore game settings?

Yes.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-02-26 18:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Drayco said: »
I would have killed to know about GS back in the 75 days playing blm. 8 elemental staffs, 8 obis, HP force down set for Sorcerer's Ring... I had to hit at least 3 macros before casting and 2 during casting for every single spell. I can't imagine throwing a mid-cast macro into that mix.
Fafnir comes to mind, OK BLMS start casting BURST2 at xx:xx, wait3, open skillchain, wait 3, close skillchain. seems like 25 seconds later burst2 goes off. Boy what a precast set would of done back in the days
[+]
By Afania 2020-02-26 18:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Let me be clear; No one, and i mean no one, playing at any viable level of endgame, plays without either windower or ashita.

You are delusional. Several players from our LS play vanilla and that's one of the most acompilshed LS on Bahamut. 90%+ JP players play without windower/ashita and they did everything in end game. Few JP players started posting youtube videos recently. I doubt any of them uses windower/ashita and they do stuff like Ambuscade VD, Wave2 dynamis windurst boss, every boss in Omen and all of that solo with or without trusts.

Lexouritis is leader or Inquisition and leader or partial leader of Gunslingers. They did things like Tumult Curator and all Helms several years ago, before any evasion nerfs. Lex was playing vanilla all that time. I think he maybe recently started using Windower only to be able to use DGVoodooo, but he was successfully doing everything in endgame for several years now, including afaik "recently" being first NA LS to beat one of the Dynamis D wave 3. Also like I said, he is not the only one playing vanilla in those LSs.

I will repeat; No one plays without ashita or windower. Hell, if you have windows 10, you need to violate the ToS just to get the game to even run.

Does legacy component actually break ToS? That's new.

I play on Windows 7 anyways...Now I'm feeling special.

Edit: just read what mini said. That's weird, I used to play on win 10 laptop and never needed to install any tools for PoL to run. Just legacy components from Windows 10.
By Afania 2020-02-26 18:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »

I feel like this whole post is hypocritical of itself. You say you can be just as efficient, but then list all of the ways it's totally not efficient.

Sorry, but without gearswap you're just not as efficient (not talking to you eiryl, just in general). I have to hit 2 macros to do something, someone not using gearswap has to hit 10 macros. It takes time. The reason I parse so high in so many fights is because I don't waste any time doing anything. Every half of
a second counts.

Exaggerating, lol. Nothing in this game requires the player to hit 10 macros for 1 single action...2 macros for most actions including annoying FC or precast sets. I may use 3 in dynamis for preshot cuz lag, that's it.

And if you say "you don't need to do that" then you lost the argument because you are decidedly NOT as efficient.

You can just copy the remaining 15 equipsets then change that 1 slot for moonshade >.>
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 18:54:32
Link | Citer | R

It's not about "writing" the macro/making the equipset

It's the ludicrous idea of using that many slots on it, merely manually changing that many macrobars is highly inefficient.

I should have said "having" that many, and "using" that many, not "writing", because of course you would have to argue about it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2020-02-26 19:22:43
Link | Citer | R

Some of us do fine with having all the macros, since we get used to where they are and it's what we are comfortable with.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-02-26 19:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Xiutaru said: »
Some of us do fine with having all the macros, since we get used to where they are and it's what we are comfortable with.

Nope sorry the guy clearly stated he's inspected every player's client and has proof that we're all cheating.
 Phoenix.Miraun
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-26 19:30:38
Link | Citer | R

It's basically: can I be efficient enough to beat you in a parse while I use vanilla, yes. < this is a good enough measuring stick for some people.

Can I be as efficient as I could be, with gearswap, no.

Same deal with "which job is bestest? I beat my friend all the time"
How can you even parse in vanilla?

BAM

In regards to the stuff on the last page. I can only speak for myself... and while I'm still going through the appeal process, it would be the end of FFXI for me if/when the appeal falls through.
In fact, SE had given some 3 days to other folks in the LS, putting a damper on FFXI outlook and enjoyment. Some folks have been reaching out to me to inquire to completely swap to a new MMO. Not critical LS mass, and I would never want to pull people away from the LS. I just wanted to point out that not all bannings are going to net 0 result, some will lose just the person, and some will cause even more folks to leave.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-02-26 20:00:35
Link | Citer | R

its just the temporary huttburt, just wait till the soreness is gone.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-26 20:27:02
Link | Citer | R

You are delusional. Several players from our LS play vanilla and that's one of the most acompilshed LS on Bahamut. 90%+ JP players play without windower/ashita and they did everything in end game. Few JP players started posting youtube videos recently. I doubt any of them uses windower/ashita and they do stuff like Ambuscade VD, Wave2 dynamis windurst boss, every boss in Omen and all of that solo with or without trusts.

Lexouritis is leader or Inquisition and leader or partial leader of Gunslingers. They did things like Tumult Curator and all Helms several years ago, before any evasion nerfs. Lex was playing vanilla all that time. I think he maybe recently started using Windower only to be able to use DGVoodooo, but he was successfully doing everything in endgame for several years now, including afaik "recently" being first NA LS to beat one of the Dynamis D wave 3. Also like I said, he is not the only one playing vanilla in those LSs.

I will repeat; No one plays without ashita or windower. Hell, if you have windows 10, you need to violate the ToS just to get the game to even run.

Edit: just read what mini said. That's weird, I used to play on win 10 laptop and never needed to install any tools for PoL to run. Just legacy components from Windows 10.

Without using a 3rd party tool to alter/replace the game files to utilize a newer version of direct x you will get substandard performance, especially on gaming laptops where it becomes literally unplayable, maxing out at 15 fps.

FFXI is so old newer OSs and hardware simply dont play nice with it out of the box. You need to violate ToS just to make the game run at an acceptable level.
By Afania 2020-02-26 20:27:31
Link | Citer | R

I should have said "having" that many, and "using" that many, not "writing", because of course you would have to argue about it.

And yeah, of course whenever I said something it's "arguing" but 5 other people in the same thread who made the same point weren't.

This entire debate is dumb ad *** to begin with. It's not like GS users will ever admit other people can play the game just fine without trying really hard to belittle their choice.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2020-02-26 20:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Huh? Unless they changed something playing FFXI in China used to require VPN.
I'm not sure if this was necessary sometime in the distant past, but I've been able to log in from mainland China without a VPN since as long ago as 2012. In fact, the only time I've actually ever needed to use my VPN to play was when I stayed for a few days in a hotel that seemed to have its own internet restrictions in place. No issues connecting without the VPN after I left there. :)
By Afania 2020-02-26 20:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Without using a 3rd party tool to alter/replace the game files to utilize a newer version of direct x you will get substandard performance, especially on gaming laptops where it becomes literally unplayable, maxing out at 15 fps.

FFXI is so old newer OSs and hardware simply dont play nice with it out of the box. You need to violate ToS just to make the game run at an acceptable level.

Define "acceptable level".

I'm quite sure I have above 15 fps outside of dyna or zerg alliance. In fact my win 10 laptop is still faster than my win 7 ones. So it's not a requirment to break ToS to play.

Admittedly I did change the settings to pretty low for dynamis but saying it's absolutely unplayable under all circumstances to the point that everyone will break ToS is exaggerating.

If you want to argue that anything lower than the highest resolution isn't acceptable then that's another story.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 20:34:36
Link | Citer | R

And yeah, of course whenever I said something it's "arguing" but 5 other people in the same thread who made the same point weren't.

This entire debate is dumb ad *** to begin with. It's not like GS users will ever admit other people can play the game just fine without trying really hard to belittle their choice.

I mean it's silly to use an Abacus when we have calculators, so yeah, they are going to belittle someone rocking their stoneage tech.

Is it still totally viable to use an abacus to do maffs? sure is.
Is it particularly fun or whatever, sure if you enjoy sliding stones and tallying.
Is it slower than letting a computer do it, mmhmm.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-26 20:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Define "acceptable level".

I'm quite sure I have above 15 fps outside of dyna or zerg alliance. In fact my win 10 laptop is still faster than my win 7 ones. So it's not a requirment to break ToS to play.

Admittedly I did change the settings to pretty low for dynamis but saying it's absolutely unplayable under all circumstances to the point that everyone will break ToS is exaggerating.

If you want to argue that anything lower than the highest resolution isn't acceptable then that's another story.

I mean if you have a proper gaming laptop with a dedicated GPU and an integrated GPU, its physically impossible to get anything stable above 15 FPS without heavy modifications to either your laptop or the game itself, as it will not use your proper GPU. And even when it DOES use the GPU, its still playing in a severely suboptimal way that you need to make your experience objectively worse in order to enjoy.

Its the difference between me being able to max all settings + HD mods via dat swaps (which are also against ToS but hey), or having to have all settings at their lowest value, shadows off, everyone else stuck in JSE etc.

And even then its not a completely stable 30.
By Afania 2020-02-26 21:02:29
Link | Citer | R

I mean it's silly to use an Abacus when we have calculators, so yeah, they are going to belittle someone rocking their stoneage tech.

Is it still totally viable to use an abacus to do maffs? sure is.
Is it particularly fun or whatever, sure if you enjoy sliding stones and tallying.
Is it slower than letting a computer do it, mmhmm.

If using a calculator breaks ToS, then I probably wouldn't use it... But wait, calculator doesn't break ToS. So why should I avoid it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 21:03:40
Link | Citer | R

It's actually a third party tool. If you want to count in game you need to line up bunnies and sleep them.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11