Who All Got The Banhammer This Time?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who all got the banhammer this time?
Who all got the banhammer this time?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
By BilunSalaes 2020-02-27 17:04:15
Link | Citer | R

No cp / sparks bots, and honestly (yes, being transparent because these bans for petty stuff that I had thought was just quality of life / face-lift stuff at this point minus gaze_check maybe) I haven't even used sellnpc in quite some time. Trying to think I did use the MAGA addon recently, and temps. Again, these are all windower addons. Some you cannot download through windower client, like equipview, I may have used warps shortly after the original ban until someone said that it was a no-no so I stopped using it and started interacting with warp crystal again.

I cannot stress enough from my point of view. Using windower addons for quality of life improvements just doesn't register to me as something that should trigger this, packets or no packets. No running around murdering things for hours on end, no overnight JP grind, etc. Just windower.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-02-27 17:49:42
Link | Citer | R

"argh S-E should ban people"

"WHY DID S-E BAN ME??????"
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-02-27 18:01:49
Link | Citer | R

Wondering if people were talking about hacks bots plugins exploits ect ect in the game around the time they got banned or if they even care about that. Because i was, i was explaining to my ls to not buy the obviously duped medals when they popped up.
 Sylph.Snk
Serveur: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-02-27 18:03:24
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Sylph.Snk said: »
I honestly had no idea this ***even happened. I've been away working a lot & I come back just now to hear about bans.
You b&?

Nah my old *** account is fine. I don't try and even do anything I might get targeted on.

Quote:
I will repeat; No one plays without ashita or windower. Hell, if you have windows 10, you need to violate the ToS just to get the game to even run.

I'm in that 0.01% also. I don't use either and I handle things just fine.
By Draylo 2020-02-27 19:13:33
Link | Citer | R

BilunSalaes said: »
No cp / sparks bots, and honestly (yes, being transparent because these bans for petty stuff that I had thought was just quality of life / face-lift stuff at this point minus gaze_check maybe) I haven't even used sellnpc in quite some time. Trying to think I did use the MAGA addon recently, and temps. Again, these are all windower addons. Some you cannot download through windower client, like equipview, I may have used warps shortly after the original ban until someone said that it was a no-no so I stopped using it and started interacting with warp crystal again.

I cannot stress enough from my point of view. Using windower addons for quality of life improvements just doesn't register to me as something that should trigger this, packets or no packets. No running around murdering things for hours on end, no overnight JP grind, etc. Just windower.

Strange... I wonder what it oculd be in your case. Many people have been using the superwarps, especially the update version, and have reported no bans. I don't know about the gaze one, did you actively use that? It might be something automated that causes it to trigger flags, similar to how a bot would operate. Can't speak to that, but only a guess.

Were you using bidder?
By Pantafernando 2020-02-27 20:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
BilunSalaes said: »

Strange... I wonder what it oculd be in your case. Many people have been using the superwarps, especially the update version, and have reported no bans. I don't know about the gaze one, did you actively use that? It might be something automated that causes it to trigger flags, similar to how a bot would operate. Can't speak to that, but only a guess.

Were you using bidder?

Hes using many questionable addons. Like the other guy said, whats “QuietSparks”? I did a quick search and didnt find its code on git or similar. And that “Pricer”? I do found mention on this one in windower forum, but it seemed an addon discontinued. Then that “Temps”. Do that addon have requirement checks? Can buy the super revit before doing 20k kills?

Obviously any addon have a certain risk but updated addons or addon with active developer tend to receive more feedback and update it with more security check, etc. while using addon from unknown source tend to have more obscure actions.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-02-28 01:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
And that “Pricer”?
Pricer searches ffxiah to find the prices of items. Probably safe. Doesn't interact with the server in any way.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-02-28 02:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Shichishito said: »
extreme would be starting to ban windower users

Can they actually detect you are using windower vs vanilla client?
I sincerely doubt it, even though GMs used to claim that they could.
They can't directly detect it.
There is a command to check the client, though, but it parses different data.

I don't think Windower is or will ever be a problem and most of the addons are perfectly fine. What I do notice however is that there wasn't anyone banned who wasn't at the very least using "grey" addons. So based on that, the bans are pretty accurate.
Now, if someone gets banned while not using any grey addon, that's another story.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-28 14:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Temps addon shouldn't be ban worthy, it's one of many QoL addons se needs to implement.

Same with Pouches, the whole silt pouch ***or doing the event which gives the CP capes is like SE want everyone to get RSI and be unable to play.

Temps can get you an item you cannot obtain naturally yet. I agree, stupid to ban people for... But im not SE. Honestly, a lot of the massive ban waves have been drastic overreactions imo anyway.
By Draylo 2020-02-28 14:39:50
Link | Citer | R

I really have never heard of any cases that didn't involve tako/clipper, afk botting or some kind of automation. I have my suspicions about random addons like superwarp or bidder causing bans. If anything, we would see more cases spring up. Most have admitted to POS hacking or botting.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-02-28 15:08:50
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't invest any energy in trying to figure out a company that decided the best way to go after mass dupers would be to ban someone for clipping through a door.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-28 15:46:41
Link | Citer | R

One thing i must agree with SE, if they conclude someone need to be punished, there isnt anything to do aside perma ban. The other punishment is temp ban but its naive to think if someone doing something banable will stop doing just because a 3 days of vacation.
By fonewear 2020-02-28 15:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
I wouldn't invest any energy in trying to figure out a company that decided the best way to go after mass dupers would be to ban someone for clipping through a door.

I heard they have a giant wheel and whatever "bad thing" it lands on that activity gets banned.

Very scientific.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-28 15:50:04
Link | Citer | R

https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Fleeing&c2=Botting&c3=Cheating&c4=Loving&c5=Learning&c6=Burning.&t=FFXI+ban+o+rama&time=5
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-28 15:50:50
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
<iframe src="https://wheeldecide.com/e.php?c1=Fleeing&c2=Botting&c3=Cheating&c4=Loving&c5=Learning&c6=Burning.&t=FFXI+ban+o+rama&time=5" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I knew you were just a bot from dev to piss other users.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-28 15:52:00
Link | Citer | R

<iframe src="https://wheeldecide.com/e.php?c1=Fleeing&c2=Botting&c3=Cheating&c4=Loving&c5=Learning&c6=Burning.&t=FFXI+ban+o+rama&time=5" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I knew you were just a bot from dev to piss other users.

Yep I was programmed by some guy on the internet. The most advanced bot you ever did see.

My only weakness are those "I'm not a bot check boxes" I can't get by those.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-02-28 16:46:25
Link | Citer | R

My only weakness are those "I'm not a bot check boxes" I can't get by those.
Right?! Like, that COULD be a crosswalk! I DONT KNOW I CANT DECIDE!
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-28 20:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
bidder causing bans

both myself and toralin have said, in no uncertain terms, that bidding too fast or AH botting too long will get you banned

i have personally lost (lv1) accounts to this several times until I realized it was the common factor and stopped doing it, and this was before they even got active again.. bidder has been banworthy since at least 2018
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-29 00:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Hide all your apps, SE is coming for you
By Pantafernando 2020-02-29 02:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Its easy to see why a bidder addon can result to bans. It gives an unfair advantage to people using vs people not using it.

Ive been selling some unwanted stack of spheres and noticed they were being sold in a matter of minutes after i placed them to be sold.

On the other side, the cash i earned with those stacks were suposed to buy stack of spheres i want, but nah. Despite that stack being sold like 4 times a day, its impossible to actually find them on AH. They are like claiming bots against timed spawn NM: anyone not automating will never get to buy the item
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-29 02:34:25
Link | Citer | R

And i just wondered maybe having many bots to camp AH another reason to massive inflaction, if someone can keep 24h a day watching AH and buy at very first moment any item below a threshold, its easy to see not auto bidding players will always end having to buy the item at higher price than its real value.

Conclusion: anyone auto bidding is a cancer to the game even more than boting or rmting: you can mess with literally entire server instead a limited group
[+]
By mhomho 2020-02-29 02:37:54
Link | Citer | R

TFW you realize they released the perm bans on the same day as the kick-off of the Return Home to Vana'diel campaign and the Ultimate Seekers edition is 67% off.....

[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-29 04:38:53
Link | Citer | R

And i just wondered maybe having many bots to camp AH another reason to massive inflaction, if someone can keep 24h a day watching AH and buy at very first moment any item below a threshold, its easy to see not auto bidding players will always end having to buy the item at higher price than its real value.

Conclusion: anyone auto bidding is a cancer to the game even more than boting or rmting: you can mess with literally entire server instead a limited group

I mean... realistically its complaining about nothing. The issue described isnt "bots bidding are an issue".... the issue is lack of supply.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-02-29 04:44:52
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
TFW you realize they released the perm bans on the same day as the kick-off of the Return Home to Vana'diel campaign and the Ultimate Seekers edition is 67% off.....

Makes sense to take out the trash, before inviting new people to come and stay.
By mhomho 2020-02-29 06:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Makes sense to take out the trash, before inviting new people to come and stay.

Sweety, it just means I have to pay 9.99 this month instead of 12.95. Some accounts that got banned didn't really lose anything.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-29 09:01:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
The issue described isnt "bots bidding are an issue".... the issue is lack of supply.

Every item should not have a saturated supply. The issue is bots bidding, period. Look at how badly they are able to manipulate prices due to this.

I have my synth material purchasing automated, doing 200-300 bids at a time. It would send out the next bid as soon as the server responded, so 1.5s or so apart. This got 2 different lv1 accounts banned(72h > perma > 72h > perma, 4 actions total) in 2 weeks in early 2018. Delaying it to the full length of a legitimate bid, the same mules haven't been touched in years.

Plain and simple, spamming bidder can get you banned. I built a delay into all my bidding tools when I realized it so I have no idea what the actual threshold is, but this was before they even started actively banning again, so there should be absolutely no doubt that it is a dangerous plugin.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-29 13:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
The issue described isnt "bots bidding are an issue".... the issue is lack of supply.

Every item should not have a saturated supply. The issue is bots bidding, period. Look at how badly they are able to manipulate prices due to this.

I have my synth material purchasing automated, doing 200-300 bids at a time. It would send out the next bid as soon as the server responded, so 1.5s or so apart. This got 2 different lv1 accounts banned(72h > perma > 72h > perma, 4 actions total) in 2 weeks in early 2018. Delaying it to the full length of a legitimate bid, the same mules haven't been touched in years.

Plain and simple, spamming bidder can get you banned. I built a delay into all my bidding tools when I realized it so I have no idea what the actual threshold is, but this was before they even started actively banning again, so there should be absolutely no doubt that it is a dangerous plugin.

And again, even then thats not an issue with people using bid bots. Even if we get rid of all the bidder bots, people will still want the item, and it will still not be in enough supply for those that want it. Its more than likely that the dude complaining about the bidding bots would still end up with 0 even if we get rid of all the bots.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-29 15:42:22
Link | Citer | R

They should just ban for everything and charge £50 each time to unlock your account and not perma ban. People would get tired of paying in no time.

But then I would have to figure out a way to convert $ into £.....

Is there a bot for that? Don't want to get carpel tunnel.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11