9/11 Conspiracy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 13:15:22
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik said:
But while it's easy to point and laugh at 9/11 conspiracy theorists for believing in pretty weird stuff, to be internally consistent you would also need to point and laugh at anyone who believes that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because an ancient rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Does secretly pointing and laughing count? I learned long ago that arguing with people about religion is entirely hopeless...now I just smile and nod. Same approach works for conspiracy theorists as well...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Reublucian
Serveur: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-25 13:37:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Durai said:
This thread just crashed into a building...

hahahaha
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 13:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik said:
Conspiracy theories are religions, for all intents and purposes. Once someone is convinced of them, they will form internal rationalizations and explanations for any and all contrary evidence.

I'm not arguing that it's a "weakness" of human nature or even that it's entirely unhealthy. I don't think anyone has the authority to say that.

But while it's easy to point and laugh at 9/11 conspiracy theorists for believing in pretty weird stuff, to be internally consistent you would also need to point and laugh at anyone who believes that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because an ancient rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

A whole lotta people believe the above, and society doesn't mock them like we do 9/11 conspiracy theorists, despite the fact that as flimsy, debunked, and contradictory as the conspiracy theorists' evidence may be, they still have more than most world religions.

My point being: it's pretty useless to argue these things, and I can't decide if I'm amused or disappointed that this thread is already nearing 5 pages.

Devil's Advocate only here:

What’s humorous is that the alternative is equally as preposterous.
That billions of years ago an unknown event randomly occurred that caused an unfathomable amount of matter and energy to instantly be created where there had only been a vacuum before. And some of this brand new matter encountered this brand new force called gravity and began to collapse on it self and in doing so created so much heat that it caused a nuclear reaction and formed stars. Then inside of these stars as the nuclear reactions boiled away they began to create all of the elements on the periodic table, and once these stars expired, those brand new elements that had been created were then distributed around the universe to interact with other brand new elements to create complex structures. At some point the complex structures came together to form planets that would orbit around these giant nuclear balls called stars, and then asteroids and comets created at the beginning of the universe would just so happen to find their way to these planets and crash into them causing massive amounts of energy to be transferred into these planets along with a very particular set of elements that would allow for the possibility of even more unlikely events to occur. Luckily for us a planet existed in such a specific location in proximity to its star and was also struck by the perfect asteroid/comet that the exact elements needed to create earth were deposited.

This is just the creation of the planet and doesn't even consider the odds of life actually starting somehow, much less developing into us over millions of years time.

TBH space Jewish zombie doesn't really sound that much more farfetched imo.

Rembmer, Devil's Advocate here:
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 13:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
TBH space Jewish zombie doesn't really sound that much more farfetched imo.

*smiles and nods*

In all honesty, the argument about how "random" the formation of life on this planet, from a scientific point of view, can be easily explained by the fact that the universe is a big place...for every planet that met ALL of the criteria there's no doubt millions, if not billions or trillions, that didn't because of one missed chance along the way.

I liken it to the "10,000 monkeys banging on 10,000 typewriters for 10,000 years producing Shakespeare" thing. Highly statistically improbable, but not entirely impossible...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 13:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Im neither arguing for or against either, just saying both are pretty crazy lol.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-03-25 13:58:10
Link | Citer | R

I think people are thinking my intention was to bash Christianity. Not at all. I said so in my original post, meaning I didn't intend to spark a religious debate here.

My point was that in order to have a debate about these things, you need to be internally consistent if you want to point to conspiracy theorists and laugh at their wacky ideas. You can't laugh at a particular set of beliefs for being crazy when your own set is equally crazy. That goes for the religious as well as the non-religious.
 Seraph.Jeesus
Serveur: Seraph
user: Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-03-25 14:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik said:
Conspiracy theories are religions, for all intents and purposes. Once someone is convinced of them, they will form internal rationalizations and explanations for any and all contrary evidence.

I'm not arguing that it's a "weakness" of human nature or even that it's entirely unhealthy. I don't think anyone has the authority to say that.

A whole lotta people believe the above, and society doesn't mock them like we do 9/11 conspiracy theorists, despite the fact that as flimsy, debunked, and contradictory as the conspiracy theorists' evidence may be, they still have more than most world religions. And no, I'm not bashing Christianity here -- I'm just pointing out people's internal inconsistencies about these subjects.

My point being: it's pretty useless to argue these things, and I can't decide if I'm amused or disappointed that this thread is already nearing 5 pages.

Its 5 pages cuz ppl like you wont stop diverting the topic to ppl believing in a inside job are just crazy or whatever u want.... My 1st post was just asking a question. A simple yes, no and explain why would have suffice. Debating is good for ANY conversation and WILL make ppl advance in life. Give your opinion and never mind my own. If you have no opinion then move on to the next thread....
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 14:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik said:
I think people are thinking my intention was to bash Christianity. Not at all. I said so in my original post, meaning I didn't intend to spark a religious debate here.

My point was that in order to have a debate about these things, you need to be internally consistent if you want to point to conspiracy theorists and laugh at their wacky ideas. You can't laugh at a particular set of beliefs for being crazy when your own set is equally crazy. That goes for the religious as well as the non-religious.

Acknowledging that any religious believes that I may or may not hold do sound crazy and absurd, the OP is still foolish for believing the US government orchestrated the attacks on 9/11 because of some movie some people made. :D
 Bahamut.Calyxx
Serveur: Bahamut
user: calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-03-25 14:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Phioness said:
I had an idiot hippie pass me out a pamphlet once that stated this same 911 conspiracy crap. I read it, came back and leveled that c@#k sucker. One of the best, most satisfying, damn punches I have ever delivered too. Made that f*(&er eat some of his teeth, and told him the next time he's gonna be spreading worlthess f#$%ing garbage around, not to hand it out to someone who has friends getting blown to bits over in that f%^&ing shithole they call the Middle East.

So in short to all those who actually accept such garbage: F%^k you and your conspiracy.

Here's another pamphlet for ya douche bag go screw yourself and ill go on beliveing what i want =) I live in america and have friends in the army. In truth your probly 12 and ran home and cried to your mommie
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 14:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Jeesus said:

Its 5 pages cuz ppl like you wont stop diverting the topic to ppl believing in a inside job are just crazy or whatever u want.... My 1st post was just asking a question. A simple yes, no and explain why would have suffice. Debating is good for ANY conversation and WILL make ppl advance in life. Give your opinion and never mind my own. If you have no opinion then move on to the next thread....

You fool, you never, and I mean NEVER go "ppl like you" on Jaerik. Its the equivalent of walking up to Shug Knight and sucker punching him in the balls.

Edit: Also, Jaer I would love to take a philosophy class with you lol.
 Seraph.Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-03-25 14:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Jeesus said:

You fool, you never, and I mean NEVER go "ppl like you" on Jaerik. Its the equivalent of walking up to Shug Knight and sucker punching him in the balls.

Frobeus said:
Jeesus said:

Edit: Also, Jaer I would love to take a philosophy class with you lol.

Ok when your done juggling his nuts in your mouth maybe we can have an intelligent debate? Guess thats out of the question huh.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-25 14:16:58
Link | Citer | R

Do all of you guys have to call eachother names?
This all looks HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when talk about having nuts in your mouth, getting punched in the crotch and dirty words. (ex. last three posts)
 Seraph.Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-03-25 14:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
This all looks HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when talk about having nuts in your mouth, getting punched in the crotch and dirty words. (ex. last three posts)

Apparently yes. Thats how we get things done... look how the government does it.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 14:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Sorry dude, but conspiracy theory based off a movie you saw and intelligent debate don’t really go hand in hand
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-25 14:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Jeesus said:
Ludoggy said:

Apparently yes. Thats how we get things done... look how the government does it.

Really now? Politicians do bash each other but they don't call each others bad names often.
 Seraph.Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-03-25 14:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Sorry dude, but conspiracy theory based off a movie you saw and intelligent debate don’t really go hand in hand

Yea you are right, documentary are all a waste of time. People never learned anything from them... unless they actually WATCH it.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 14:24:47
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
 Seraph.Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-03-25 14:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:

Really now? Politicians do bash each other but they don't call each others bad names often.

Thats because their on national television...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 14:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Jeesus said:
Frobeus said:

Yea you are right, documentary are all a waste of time. People never learned anything from them... unless they actually WATCH it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088258/

Because all things presented in documentary form are 100% true.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 14:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Jeesus said:
Frobeus said:

Wait, Spinal Tap isn't a real band?! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!
 Seraph.Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-03-25 14:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Jeesus said:
Frobeus said:

Yes that is exactly what I said... Will you stop already I tought i saw you posting 3 pages ago that you were tired of this....
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 14:34:07
Link | Citer | R

I am, but there aren't really any other good threads going, and work just won't get any less boring.
 Seraph.Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-03-25 14:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
I am, but there aren't really any other good threads going, and work just won't get any less boring.

By good thread you mean bad and stupid right?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 14:45:58
Link | Citer | R

no the good ones are the ones you can have fun in, joke, etc.

even i dont like to post in every thread i see cause they dont seem so entertaining.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-25 14:55:37
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik said:

This is true--the problem most people have with Christianity is the "Christians" themselves; the fact that we say certain things and do the other, preach love and display intolerance.

Jaerik is NOT bashing Christianity--or any religion for that matter--being a believer myself, I was not offended by his post, I completely agreed with his idea on consistency. In ANY relgion or none, just be consistent with your beliefs, and apply it to not only the people around you, but to yourself most of all. :)
 Seraph.Jeesus
By Seraph.Jeesus 2009-03-25 14:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Is it a coincidence that their is a link to Loose change final cut there?
Alyria said:

even i dont like to post in every thread i see cause they dont seem so entertaining.

Then create your own thread "Jokes and Entertainment"
I dont think there is anything funny about 9/11 and this thread was not created to entertain or joke about. Its a very serious matter to me and I wish ppl would be more constructive about there replys. I'm not excluding myself cuz I have fallen to their lvl a couple of times but the ignorance and stubbornness of some ppl is frustrating and beyond my understanding. I was willing to argue the 9/11 commissions "facts" but i guess it is futile to go on... Close this thread already as I am not gonna get any enlightenment from this thread.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-25 15:04:39
Link | Citer | R

Nothing is ignorance and stubborness just because people disagree with you. That actually makes you the ignorant one, lol. You're not getting enlightenment because your mind is already closed to the notion you might not have all the facts.

Sorry if we're not posting the way you want in your forums, I'll see myself out shall I?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 15:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Jeesus said:
Is it a coincidence that their is a link to Loose change final cut there?
Alyria said:

Then create your own thread "Jokes and Entertainment"
I dont think there is anything funny about 9/11 and this thread was not created to entertain or joke about. Its a very serious matter to me and I wish ppl would be more constructive about there replys. I'm not excluding myself cuz I have fallen to their lvl a couple of times but the ignorance and stubbornness of some ppl is frustrating and beyond my understanding. I was willing to argue the 9/11 commissions "facts" but i guess it is futile to go on... Close this thread already as I am not gonna get any enlightenment from this thread.

well no one was teasing your theories or information you were giving. You start talking of this stuff and ppl will debate whether they agree with you or not.

9/11 happened a long *** time ago and time to move on.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8