Corse Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Bennettz
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Bennettz
By Ragnarok.Bennettz 2022-02-10 11:55:49
Link | Citer | R

LeagueMili's Vid - He won as RDM, PLD, Monk, BRD, WHM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR--zOJdZS0

Starts from 32:19 onwards.
 Asura.Xelnok
Serveur: Asura
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2022-02-10 11:57:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if this is normal corse behavior or not, but my darkness skillchains were healing it on Easy difficulty, 4 skeletons spawned at 90% hp as well.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Serveur: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-02-10 13:01:51
Link | Citer | R

IT has SP using blood weapon + souleater and did like 40k per hit + AE 40k lol
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2022-02-10 13:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Mewing Lullaby only removes 10% of the Corse's TP.
Geomancy is nerfed by 50%.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Serveur: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2022-02-10 13:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Where is a good place to find undead?
By Beau 2022-02-10 13:33:59
Link | Citer | R

feiyin home point 1
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-10 14:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Mewing Lullaby only removes 10% of the Corse's TP.

Anyone test Fatso Fargann's TP Drainkiss, or BLU's Reaving Wind/Feather Tickle?

Kind of redundant to ask this, but can it be done with AFAC? Surprised nobody mentioned this yet, usually it's the first strat attempted.
 Odin.Apollocry
Serveur: Odin
user: apollocry
By Odin.Apollocry 2022-02-10 15:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Bennettz said: »

I had a friend who lived in Japan for several years take a look at the video. They didn't watch the whole 1 hour video but here were the key takeaways that they gave me, do with it as you will. Mill believes that the adds act as buffs / allow the corse to do additional moves if they are alive. It is very important to kill the adds as quickly as possible. The corse also absorbs light damage while the adds are alive. This next part was lost in translation a bit, but it is also important to make sure that distract is on the corse. The direct translation I got is that "the monk isn't able to hit the boss at all without distract." which might tie into the damage dealt increase / damage taken reduction it could also mean that you want to stop tp feed while distract is off.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Serveur: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2022-02-10 15:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Boss and adds are bindable and gravable, can bind/silence the boss while you deal with the adds. At some points, I was getting a slew of buffs, but I only ever noticed them when they dropped (Regen/Refresh/Regain/Att Boost/Def Boost/Haste) and couldn't work out where they were coming from. I think there's a mechanic around that somewhere to help do spike damage.

Hecatomb Macabre is dodgable AoE (15s charm, 30s doom). Gambol Macabre doesn't seem to be dodgable (single target, 29s charm, 30s doom. Can _just_ get a cursna in if you time it right)
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-02-10 16:31:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm out of town this weekend, but I'm super excited to play with my Resist Charm set and Warding Round's Resist Curse for this Ambuscade. Could be super goofy and fun!
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-10 16:46:48
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
Boss and adds are bindable and gravable, can bind/silence the boss while you deal with the adds. At some points, I was getting a slew of buffs, but I only ever noticed them when they dropped (Regen/Refresh/Regain/Att Boost/Def Boost/Haste) and couldn't work out where they were coming from. I think there's a mechanic around that somewhere to help do spike damage.

Hecatomb Macabre is dodgable AoE (15s charm, 30s doom). Gambol Macabre doesn't seem to be dodgable (single target, 29s charm, 30s doom. Can _just_ get a cursna in if you time it right)
Can't cursna a charmed target.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-10 16:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Apollocry said: »

I had a friend who lived in Japan for several years take a look at the video. They didn't watch the whole 1 hour video but here were the key takeaways that they gave me, do with it as you will. Mill believes that the adds act as buffs / allow the corse to do additional moves if they are alive. It is very important to kill the adds as quickly as possible. The corse also absorbs light damage while the adds are alive. This next part was lost in translation a bit, but it is also important to make sure that distract is on the corse. The direct translation I got is that "the monk isn't able to hit the boss at all without distract." which might tie into the damage dealt increase / damage taken reduction it could also mean that you want to stop tp feed while distract is off.
It's more likely he was saying the monk just didn't have enough accuracy to hit without distract on.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-10 16:53:09
Link | Citer | R

That's what he said. You've got _just_ enough time to try one cursna after charm wears, before death.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-10 16:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's what he said. You've got _just_ enough time to try one cursna after charm wears, before death.

I guess that is technically possible, but in practice, what 1/1000000 chance of succeeding.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-10 17:00:33
Link | Citer | R

I mean the perfect cursna set (with 30 more healing skill now) has a pretty high chance of success.

and if you have cursna received affect, it's over 100%, yeah?
 Odin.Apollocry
Serveur: Odin
user: apollocry
By Odin.Apollocry 2022-02-10 17:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Odin.Apollocry said: »

It's more likely he was saying the monk just didn't have enough accuracy to hit without distract on.

Very possible, I just haven't heard anyone mention accuracy issues and that monk in the video at least appears to be well geared. The person who translated just specifically stated that it didn't translate perfectly so I cannot say for certain.
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-10 17:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean the perfect cursna set (with 30 more healing skill now) has a pretty high chance of success.

and if you have cursna received affect, it's over 100%, yeah?

Yes but the timing isn't as exact as you mention. I did a bunch of runs today and on several the death and uncharm were at the same moment. Now I was trying to activate Holy Waters but in many situations I didn't even begin to use it before I was on the floor and in others the death effect is seen in log before uncharm. Not saying it's not possible but it's definitely not something you can count on from what I've seen.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-02-10 17:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone actually tried PUP tanking this? Maybe we'll get a situation similar to Golden Kist where if you resist the poison, you also resist the stun, and in this case maybe if you resist the charm you also resist the doom?
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-10 17:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Has anyone actually tried PUP tanking this? Maybe we'll get a situation similar to Golden Kist where if you resist the poison, you also resist the stun, and in this case maybe if you resist the charm you also resist the doom?

Yes I've confirmed that's exactly how it works. If you resist the charm you resist the doom.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-10 17:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Here is the video going over what I learned in my few hours today tinkering with this new one. Info for both soloers and parties.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-02-10 18:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »

Yes I've confirmed that's exactly how it works. If you resist the charm you resist the doom.
great to know thanks
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-10 18:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like PUPpt is gonna work good then!

4x PUP
1x GEO
1x COR

COR buffs pet rolls
GEO stays at distance, BoG/EA GeoFrailty, IndiFocus, debuffs and dispels the Corse.

1x Full Valoredge using Overdrive
3x ValorShooter

Rotate the PUP using full Valoredge and Overdrive, by the time you're done with the 4th run, Overdrive should be back for the first player.
Sounds like it could work in theory?
Not sure if the Adds would mess it up though, depends if they go on random targets or on the one with hate.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-10 19:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Sounds like PUPpt is gonna work good then!

4x PUP
1x GEO
1x COR

COR buffs pet rolls
GEO stays at distance, BoG/EA GeoFrailty, IndiFocus, debuffs and dispels the Corse.

1x Full Valoredge using Overdrive
3x ValorShooter

Rotate the PUP using full Valoredge and Overdrive, by the time you're done with the 4th run, Overdrive should be back for the first player.
Sounds like it could work in theory?
Not sure if the Adds would mess it up though, depends if they go on random targets or on the one with hate.

Sadly that's the complication this month, they seem to just run everywhere and after entirely different targets. I didn't get enough runs in to determine what if anything was governing it but during one of the runs I was in the middle of a skillchain having just done a ton of damage and the add just walked off and hit a mage on the back line for no reason. I'm sure it can be managed somehow but if you watch my vid above you may get an idea of just how crazy random they are, can't imagine what they would be like on VD.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-02-10 20:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Kind of redundant to ask this, but can it be done with AFAC?
I haven't tried myself yet, but it's a new fight. Most likely bp's have been nerfed, afac does 10% damage after the 1st blood pact and smn's will step on each other's toes if more than 1 smn is there targeting the same mob. Maybe would work on the adds?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-02-10 20:38:53
Link | Citer | R

BPs are nerfed (reduced damage if used in succession). The adds it spawns seem to pick a random target and stay on that target regardless of enmity, making a burn difficult. Also keep in mind at 30% he will use Blood Weapon and start swinging for 25k/hit.

We still haven't worked out a strategy which is reliable yet, just sharing what we've seen thus far. All attempts were on VD, but didn't get that much time with it yet.
By Mrxi 2022-02-10 21:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
BPs are nerfed (reduced damage if used in succession). The adds it spawns seem to pick a random target and stay on that target regardless of enmity, making a burn difficult. Also keep in mind at 30% he will use Blood Weapon and start swinging for 25k/hit.

We still haven't worked out a strategy which is reliable yet, just sharing what we've seen thus far. All attempts were on VD, but didn't get that much time with it yet.
Did you try with multiple avatars or all same one?
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: maletaru
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2022-02-10 21:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
Did you try with multiple avatars or all same one?

Tried Flaming Crush, Volt Strike, and Hysteric and they all seemed to be weak if used after another BP. Frankly, they weren't very strong to begin with. I also tried Meteor Strike and it was weak. SMN can damage this thing, but it isn't likely to be strong enough by itself.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-02-11 02:25:06
Link | Citer | R

So we did a couple VDs tonight. You want the AoE charm to happen.

Single target charm gets you a 30 second Doom with a 29 second Charm. You can live with your WHM being really on point and a little bit of timing luck, but latency and other stuff usually mean you die.

AoE Charm gives you a 30 sec Doom with a 15 sec Charm. This is pretty easy to cleanse with either Divine Seal, Yagrush or some Holy Waters.

Living through charm gets you 6 buffs. Haste (potency unknown), Regen/Refresh/Regain (all seemed kinda marginal), Atk Buff (9999 atk), Def Buff (9999 def) for 30 or so seconds after the charm wears off. So the whole group can really go ham and put in some work very fast if you are ready for it.

We did it RUN MNK WHM GEO COR BRD w/ Soul Voice and the fastest clear was 8 mins.

MNK completely destroyed the adds one-by-one w/ SS > VS > VS.

The fight was really only a problem when it chose to do a single target charm and the timing was bad/unlucky on removing it.

RUN felt really pointless in all honesty. We are going to try for faster runs tomorrow w/ double MNK in place of RUN. Gonna tune sets a little bit to take advantage of PDL some more since attack is capped with the buff.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-02-11 06:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Won as 6 box:

SAM, RDM, COR, WHM, GEO, BRD

GEO - Indi Barrier for adds, Indifend for just boss, Geofury
BRD, HM, VM5/4, Madrigal
COR - SAM, Chaos

Went with the solo SAM DD approach and used a full subtle blow setup (no SU5) TP moves were reduced.

First set of adds died in one 3 step (Kashe > Shoha > Fudo), used the GEO to stun them to reduce their TP moves as they kind of suck. RDM has to keep silence on the boss during this phase otherwise you will get magic bursted.

Boss spawned second adds at 33%, during this time he did one AoE charm, not too much I can take from that other than make sure your WHM has aquaveil up as adds are probably hitting the WHM, like above once the aura was off it was 9999 attack and defence on everyone, did not make any difference in damage due to already being attack capped however.

No need to bring a tank, the only part that really hurts is the adds phase and that is what indi-barrier helps with.

Only other take away I can give is Final Retribution hurts on anyone not in full dt idle, my rdm idle sucks atm and it got one shot through barrier and fury.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 07:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Boss spawned second adds at 33%

First time I've heard this being reported. Wonder what the trigger is on that specifically. I've never seen a second set of adds yet.

EDIT: I retract my statement. He is only summoning a second set of adds now at around 30~35%.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7