Asura.Alseyn
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-02-12 14:25:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Looks like Xolla did a zerg strat

Don't think this needs a blow-by-blow translation, but here's the outline.

Comp: PLD WAR MNK COR BRD RDM
Buffs etc:
Chaos/SAM, Minuet x3/Honour March, Haste II, Distract III, Holy Circle, Sepulcher, Shell Crusher, Tomhawk, Box Step x1 each (from two sub /DNC), Dia III + Light Shot

The way it works is that they have everyone (but tank) deliberately feed it a ton of TP while the tank is at range to make it infinitely loop Memento Mori and cast elemental magic (MM up makes it cast elemental magic), so it spends a lot of time standing still casting. They also note that in case you do get Gambol Macabre, the person with aggro can outrange and it cause it to fail.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-12 14:42:52
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for clarifying. I was incorrect in saying the tank was run, PLD is much better here. Forgot about holy circle and sepulcher.
By macsdf1 2022-02-12 21:18:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I told my group this was the new version of frog. Good to see it done cleaner than we did it. Tomahawk is smart. Just use non-chaining options and it melts. RDM melees with club, throws up Dia3/Distract3 and Gravity 3. RUN used Valiance when adds popped to get more hate, which is the real key to this fight. Dirge DDs to make sure, but WAR + MNK are probably using Schere+Legion Cytheriaue earring for lowered enmity. Just refresh 3 them makes them accrue less hate. No need for a whm here, nothing should be hitting the DDs besides Ice spikes

Where do you get gravity III, is it new?
By Ruaumoko 2022-02-13 01:43:46
Link | Citer | R

I told my group this was the new version of frog.
It really is... Elemental Seal Subduction and all.

YouTube Video Placeholder

2:18 for the second run featuring the BLU.
[+]
 Asura.Bootus
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2022-02-13 05:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Just making sure I understand what's happening here, Rua you're going PLD/RUN with mastery levels so you can use valiance?

Is there a good way to tank this if you don't have master levels on PLD and also don't have RUN geared?
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-02-13 09:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bootus said: »
Just making sure I understand what's happening here, Rua you're going PLD/RUN with mastery levels so you can use valiance?

Is there a good way to tank this if you don't have master levels on PLD and also don't have RUN geared?

I had issues getting hate off the skeletons sometimes. I'd get about half of them and the other two would go after one of the mages and everything I did (spells + cure bombs + sentinel + rampart) wouldn't get them off until I used Invincible, which Rua used in the first run of his video for the same purpose.

I tried it on /WAR and /BLU, strangely I had more issues on /BLU. In both cases, I saved Sentinel and Rampart for their 90% spawn, used both + Warcry and one Cure IV, then they ran to me and stayed there. Trying to AoE on /BLU didn't do much for me but my enmity set kinda stinks. Nothing I used ability wise wouldn't be available to a non ML PLD. On 3 runs in a row I was /WAR and no hate issues, the 1 run I did /BLU, I had hate problems with the skeletons.

We weren't successful, but our damage wasn't high enough either, tanking wasn't the issue. We'd run it down 10-15min in some runs. Typically we got killed by his aoe around 30-40% but that was around the 10min mark. If we had the damage then it wouldn't have been a problem. You could probably do the same thing without ML, though, and get hate off the skeletons. His nukes were weak, it's his TP moves that hurt.

These were mainly testing runs, so we didn't have an ideal setup. We wanted to see if we could duplicate the effect where he just spams Mori and casts nukes with the PLD moving slightly away a little bit at a time like in the Xolla video. I think Rua's larger spread kiting it is a lot safer.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-02-13 09:24:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
These were mainly testing runs, so we didn't have an ideal setup. We wanted to see if we could duplicate the effect where he just spams Mori and casts nukes with the PLD moving slightly away a little bit at a time like in the Xolla video. I think Rua's larger spread kiting it is a lot safer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwprKmZ_jas

Here's another PLD perspective video if it helps gauging distance. Subtitles note he's standing outside of Provoke range but inside magic range. Interestingly, it also says that the boss is more vulnerable to damage during its Blood Weapon phase.
(Btw, the "React" macro he has isn't him cheating, it's the Japanese name for Reprisal.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-13 09:45:32
Link | Citer | R

In our runs, the Paladin stayed on top of the group until adds spawned, then used sentinel and rampart for hate and kept his distance. I think he pulled with Divine Emblem Flash for initial hate. We had the bard give the DDs dirge, and the tank got sirvente. I was on monk and used schere (with refresh) and cytherea pearl, but probably not needed. I never pulled hate once, but the warrior in our group did and died on one run, because warrior is absolutely busted in this fight. Insane dps . Once we got the hang of the distance and flow, sub 2 minute kill fights.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-02-13 09:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alseyn said: »
Asura.Iamaman said: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwprKmZ_jas

Here's another PLD perspective video if it helps gauging distance. Subtitles note he's standing outside of Provoke range but inside magic range. Interestingly, it also says that the boss is more vulnerable to damage during its Blood Weapon phase.
(Btw, the "React" macro he has isn't him cheating, it's the Japanese name for Reprisal.)

That is helpful, thanks. I think in the Xolla video, it appears he's a little closer in than he is. I had been tinkering with how close I can be for him to not melee / charm but still cast without chasing me down and locking him into those sortof micro movements between casts/JAs.

I noticed he took more damage later in the fight when he was in that phase also, when I was on MNK I was doing much more damage to both him and the adds at that point.

I also think we noticed that Utsusemi can absorb his physical aoe. I didn't test it extensively but he did one that wiped our party except for the RDM that had shadows up.

In our runs, the Paladin stayed on top of the group until adds spawned, then used sentinel and rampart for hate and kept his distance. I think he pulled with Divine Emblem Flash for initial hate.

Same thing I did, forgot to mention I stayed with the group and used Divine Emblem. I don't think there is much risk of charm that early in the fight, if there is any at all, and it makes getting hate from the skeletons a lot easier if everyone is grouped. Similar to the videos, I also would hit him with Shield Bash and used Sepulcher
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-13 10:59:41
Link | Citer | R

I hope y’all know they are so going to make this fight immune to gravity on the next iteration. Because the “frog method” we use to kill it is not how they intended us to beat it. Some poor SE developer thought long and hard about a new fight mechanic and we literally are ignoring it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-13 11:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Well, to be frank, they need to cut that ***out and actually play the *** game, so they know what to ACCURATELY plan for. We post every detail about every battle and they can't be bothered to do more than the minimum.

The same flow chart for every battle. They know what the players do every time. Sometimes I'm surprised more battles aren't done this way. Avoid all damage while still holding enmity and walking away. Why bother tanking it when you can do that and skip the need for the healer altogether.

But this is why so many mobs have enmity resets
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-02-13 11:32:24
Link | Citer | R

A video Kaggra did, He's on RDM/SCH

[+]
 Asura.Bootus
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2022-02-13 11:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Some poor SE developer thought long and hard about a new fight mechanic and we literally are ignoring it.

Probably because it's a frustrating and un-fun mechanic. If we wanted play around the mechanic, we'd still be bypassing it with pets. It's bad design.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-02-13 12:44:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure they really know what the right balance is for Ambuscade. They are all over the place with them.

The frog is a good example. The community found ways to cheese him (RDM enspell, MNK SB, PUP) by avoiding his TP moves altogether, but I imagine the original intent was to force the party to manage their bufs to avoid wiping when he used Quenching Hammer. Instead, we cheesed it outside of the original intent. I think the same thing is happening here.

On the flip side, that Sahagin ambuscade was infuriatingly annoying. Almost no one bothered farming VD because it wasn't worth the effort, just wait until next month when hopefully something easier comes along. They stacked it so full of mechanics to avoid cheesing it that most strats were mitigated. It was dumb.

Some of these remind me of a FPS game where the devs think difficulty comes from throwing as much crap at you as they can, never allowing you to move and artificially increasing the difficulty. Some of these ambuscades feel the same way, artificially difficult because they keep stacking them with too many mechanics to avoid cheesing. If they added some kind of hate reset to this one, IMO, it'd be the same way. Let's be real, no one is gonna sit around and try to get their whole party charmed to win an ambu.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-13 12:50:25
Link | Citer | R

If they properly balanced the game then they wouldn't have to do any of that. but as that's not going to happen, the mix they use is the best it's going to be.

A couple use conduit, a couple are zerg, a couple "need" shadows, a couple have procs, a couple need magic damage, a couple rely on sleep, a couple "need" ranged damage, a couple need pets, and now a couple are "kited"
[+]
By Draylo 2022-02-13 19:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Seems kinda balanced at least for XI lol.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Serveur: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-02-14 06:50:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm also having trouble getting hate on skeletons, only seems invincible works 100% but I really don't want to be resetting SP's every battle.

I don't know if I can stay with the group until adds to do aoe rampart/valiance but even then I think it's not enough hate? seems like hate is not tied to NM hate or something weird.
 Bismarck.Stath
Serveur: Bismarck
user: stath69
By Bismarck.Stath 2022-02-15 17:10:30
Link | Citer | R

I am doing an OK job dodging the charm but the last three runs I have done (on E) he has popped bloodweapon and souleater exactly as he spawns the second wave of ads at 35%. The soulheater hits for 10-20k a hit and it just explodes my face.

Is there a mechanic to not have him do this? This does not seem to happen in Ruau's video
By Draylo 2022-02-15 20:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Cinzia said: »
I'm also having trouble getting hate on skeletons, only seems invincible works 100% but I really don't want to be resetting SP's every battle.

I don't know if I can stay with the group until adds to do aoe rampart/valiance but even then I think it's not enough hate? seems like hate is not tied to NM hate or something weird.

Its always enough hate for my runs, you can stand by him and slowly move away if gravity on, just need to watch for final retribution it can one shot people without shadows.
 Lakshmi.Miang
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2022-02-17 08:27:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stath said: »
I am doing an OK job dodging the charm but the last three runs I have done (on E) he has popped bloodweapon and souleater exactly as he spawns the second wave of ads at 35%. The soulheater hits for 10-20k a hit and it just explodes my face.

Is there a mechanic to not have him do this? This does not seem to happen in Ruau's video

Looks like his 1hr is at 45% but the adds are at 35%. If you push his HP down too fast, he'll respawn the adds and use souleater, so push 45% slowly
By regist 2022-02-17 17:34:15
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By siegmeyer 2022-02-17 18:58:54
Link | Citer | R

I was watching the same video and using a translator this is what these guys found:

Hecateum Macabre:
1 Boss AOE
2 it will only miss one player (including pets and Loupans).
3 The priority of the target to miss is direction behind the boss > not looking at the boss .
so the GEO, you can set up a compass diagonally behind the enemy so that the Loupan is not a target of misses.
the charm miss The RDM since he is behind the enemy, and the Loupan was placed diagonally, so the log shows as No effect as expected.
If the Louppan is a target, the log will change to a miss instead of a no effect.
the charmed PC will be put to sleep, and the BLU will do Mortal Ray to override the Doom.
After overriding it, the blue need to get out of range.
If the charm comes in succession and you don't have mortal ray ready, you can always use Cruel joke.
After being charmed, you will get 100 regen, 50 refresh, 30 regain, and 9999 attack and defense increase for 3 minutes.
When you see the enemy's SP effect, the BRD will use the NITRO
use Finale to remove the drain effect.
By Penpenn 2022-02-18 08:32:52
Link | Citer | R

siegmeyer said: »
I was watching the same video and using a translator this is what these guys found:

Hecateum Macabre:
1 Boss AOE
2 it will only miss one player (including pets and Loupans).
3 The priority of the target to miss is direction behind the boss > not looking at the boss .
so the GEO, you can set up a compass diagonally behind the enemy so that the Loupan is not a target of misses.
the charm miss The RDM since he is behind the enemy, and the Loupan was placed diagonally, so the log shows as No effect as expected.
If the Louppan is a target, the log will change to a miss instead of a no effect.
the charmed PC will be put to sleep, and the BLU will do Mortal Ray to override the Doom.
After overriding it, the blue need to get out of range.
If the charm comes in succession and you don't have mortal ray ready, you can always use Cruel joke.
After being charmed, you will get 100 regen, 50 refresh, 30 regain, and 9999 attack and defense increase for 3 minutes.
When you see the enemy's SP effect, the BRD will use the NITRO
use Finale to remove the drain effect.

I'm trying to make sense of this as the wording is a little confusing to me. I'll try to summarize what you said in a way that makes more sense (at least to myself and hopefully others). Please let me know if this is what you mean:

1.) Party Compilation: Blunt DD RDM/SCH BLU/RDM GEO/WHM BRD/WHM COR
2.) GEO/WHM - Fury/Frailty. Ensure that the GEO-Frail is behind mob diagonally (SW or SE on compass if mob is facing north). Cures
3.) BRD/WHM - 1x March, 2x Minuet, STR Etude (Sub in 1 madrigal if needed) - Lullaby on the charmed target ASAP. Cures. Save NiTro for Dispel of NM's SP(Fight should not last 5 minutes)
4.) COR - SAM/Chaos Roll. Shoot from distance (>15?) - don't get enmity
5.) RDM/SCH - Buffs/Debuffs all around. Club DD for Black Halo spam. Manifestation + Bind on adds. RDM/SCH should DD from directly behind the NM.
6.) BLU/RDM - Hang out at range. When party member is charmed/doomed, cast Mortal Ray (Single target doom). This spell puts a 60s doom on the target, overriding the NM's doom. BLU Doom spells lose effect if the BLU runs away greater than 10' yalm from the target, so run away after doom lands to effectively "Cursna" the charmed player.
7.) Blunt DD - Ensure to melee in front of mob - preferably with a provoke or something to ensure enmity is on you. You should be doing the most damage anyway

Fight Flow:
- Buffs at beginning
- Engage NM where it stands. Everyone is close to the mob / can melee at this stage.
- Adds spawn around 67% - RDM uses Manifestation + Bind. Blunt DD pulls mob to spawn location
- GEO pops Loupon up on the mob, ensuring it is behind the mob at a diagonal
- RDM melees the mob from directly behind the NM. Blunt DD melees in front of it
- AoE Charm will miss the RDM due to positioning.
- Once Blunt DD is Charmed - RDM Sleep & BRD Lullaby the Blunt DD
- RDM shifts to stand on top of the slept Blunt DD
- BLU stands directly behind mob, and uses Mortal Ray on Blunt DD. Cruel Joke if this misses. Random Deal if both miss and try again.
- Once BLU Lands Doom on the charmed DD, run away back to casters
- Blunt DD will hit like a freight truck once uncharmed & awake.
- Blunt DD & RDM need to "pincer" the NM, with one always directly behind (preferably RDM) and one in front (preferably blunt DD). Position accordingly. Provoke is your friend.
- NM will SP around 45%. BRD needs to NiTro + Finale to remove the drain effect. Can re-apply BRD songs now if wish with NiTro up, but should not need to.
- 2nd Add spawn at 33% should not occur if either (a) hit hard enough or (b) due to first adds being awake (Can someone confirm this?)

Anything that I missed with this strategy setup? This seems super fun but would need a very coordinated group (thus the detail of this post)

Can anyone confirm if Rending Deluge would also remove the drain effect on the NM's SP, or one of the other BLU Dispel moves available?
[+]
By siegmeyer 2022-02-18 15:24:48
Link | Citer | R

thanks a lot for your summary, sadly i do not know japanese but for what I can tell that is pretty much what is ocorring in the video.

it seems only 2 DDs stay in range of charm + loupan (maybe in order to trigger the aoe charm you need 3 bodies in range?)

they keep alive the first set of adds so they do not have to deal with the respawn. just bind them and move away.

I have tryed myself using mortal ray on the charmed person and does not work 100% of the time since the acc on that magic is trash,
By Shichishito 2022-02-18 15:49:05
Link | Citer | R

siegmeyer said: »
I have tryed myself using mortal ray on the charmed person and does not work 100% of the time since the acc on that magic is trash
most notably mortal ray is a gaze attack so the player has to face you in order to have a chance for it to land. if you go for that strat you might want your DDs to wear low meva gear?

iirc some types of charm can be dispeled, would be neat if you keep the att/regen/regain buffs.
Penpenn said: »
Can anyone confirm if Rending Deluge would also remove the drain effect on the NM's SP, or one of the other BLU Dispel moves available?
if rending deluge doesn't work then droning whirlwind(unbridled learning, wind based full dispel) might be also be a option. could also try to use that to remove charm?
By siegmeyer 2022-02-18 16:22:03
Link | Citer | R

I didn't notice if the person was facing me at moment I will test it again later tonight
By Penpenn 2022-02-18 17:48:55
Link | Citer | R

That's why the Blu stays behind the mob with the slept blunt DD in front. That would handle the conal.

I personally have not tried this strat but it does seem interesting! I mainly just want to doom my LS mates... You know with a spell instead of a failed strategy...
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-18 19:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Penpenn said: »
I mainly just want to doom my LS mates... You know with a spell instead of a failed strategy...
i second that but i think it still heavily depends on how fast the BLU or RDM react casting sleep or Mortal Ray, where the rest of the party stands and who the charmed player targets.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7