Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-11 07:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Asura.Aldolol said: »
Boss spawned second adds at 33%

First time I've heard this being reported. Wonder what the trigger is on that specifically. I've never seen a second set of adds yet.

In my solo runs I've actually never seen it NOT spawn adds at 35%, note I've always killed them at 90%.
 Asura.Aldolol
Serveur: Asura
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-02-11 07:48:48
Link | Citer | R

I was shocked when it did it, the "mystical veil" reapplied, I was 4 stepping the boss down, perhaps I did too much magic damage and it thought *** you here is an aura again?
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-02-11 07:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aldolol said: »
I was shocked when it did it, the "mystical veil" reapplied, I was 4 stepping the boss down, perhaps I did too much magic damage and it thought *** you here is an aura again?

In most my runs I'm doing LOTS of Skillchain and MB damage, so it being triggered by magic is a possibility since I've seen it every time.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 08:22:04
Link | Citer | R

I've managed to kill VD twice now.

Once as
PLD/WAR/MNK/COR/BRD/WHM

Once as
PLD/RDM/MNK/COR/BRD/WHM

Other findings: Immune to stun, but susceptible to Slow/Paralyze/Addle2/Silence/Distract3. Bio3 SEEMED to help reduce Final Retribution damage. I think maybe a Minne or Barrier would probably make you live reliably.

On the attempt with WAR, it charmed everybody, only the WAR resisted and got whacked immediately. I ignored the second set of adds on this and it used Blood Weapon & Souleater and killed the MNK and BRD before I could wrangle it back onto PLD. I killed it from about 9% with the COR savage blading.

I have a strong hunch 0 adds being up LOCKS the Souleater aspect of this fight. If any add is up when he uses Blood Weapon, he will use Souleater in unison. I have seen twice now that all adds dead = no Souleater with Blood Weapon. And Souleater is what does big damage there, obviously.

So, I feel pretty strongly about that aspect.

The aspect I don't feel so strongly about is the charm vs charmga. Single target charm is so much more devastating to incur compared to the AoE charm. I'm still not sure what mechanics go into this. I've seen both Hecatomb AND Gambol Macabre be AoE. The second time I won, the fight was much longer because I had some Final Retribution deaths and I killed the second set of adds. Even with the longer fight (approximately 15 minutes), he didn't use a single charm move. Like, why? He was only using Quelling Seal and Final Retribution toward the end.

More testing required on the charm portion of this fight. It's a weird juxtaposition because you would want to try to resist the single target charm, but you would not want to resist the AoE charm (due to the buffs granted). Kind of puts you in a weird place. You would ideally want all 6 members to get charmed so nobody dies. But clumping together puts mages at risk of catching a full damage Final Retribution while in midcast set.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-02-11 08:31:31
Link | Citer | R

I ran this on difficult yesterday afternoon and we made short work of it after seeing it once. Setup was Monk, Bard, Rdm, Whm, Cor, Pld

The Paladin kept the corse's attention while I beat him up on monk. I was the only one on the corse, and with capped subtle blow, Shijin spiral's plague effect, and penance it only used tp'd on us once. Shijin Spiral --> Victory Smite --> Victory Smite absolutely destroyed it's HP bar.

Two things to note - When the adds spawned we all focused on killing them ASAP. Cor rdm and bard focused a single mob together while I soloed adds one at a time with the same skillchain I used on the boss. The adds are weak; they melted. We saw two sets of adds, one around 75% and if memory serves the second came around 50 ish.

The other thing was that the corse charmed me around 30%, and when he did it applied both charm AND doom at the same time. We had the red mage sleep me and when the charm wore the whm immediately threw out cursna's. The charm duration was approximately 7 tics on the doom counter, so it provided a short window to clear the doom status before killing me. It reminds me of Long Armed Chariot's Brainjack tbh. We only did one fight because we had an event afterward, but with the setup we used this was a pretty easy faceroll. Once the charm wore off and my doom was cleared I took the corse down th erest of the way without issues.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 09:09:08
Link | Citer | R

Another down. Still awfully jank on VD. This time it was rapid fire single target charm. I would get PLD back up, get hate back, start punching on MNK, then the next TP move was just another single target charm.

Additionally, it's so bogus when ONE person resists the Charmga and immediately gets gangbanged. This run it was the MNK, so another 3 minutes of damage on pause.

It's gonna be a headache to do reliably until this charm is figured out.
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-02-11 09:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much my findings, aoe charm is nice, single target charm is annoying and obnoxious, leaving the adds up is no beuno, it randomly started casting aga 5's rather than 3's and just hit harder. The only time I have seen an aoe charm was when all 4 adds were up, not sure if there is any relation to that with your runs?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 09:24:10
Link | Citer | R

The most recent Charmga I saw was when all four adds were dead at around 60%. I was tabbed to MNK and saw everybody on party list get charmed and I went "heeeeeeeeey nice!" then realized MNK did /not/ get charmed. MNK was promptly split open like a coconut.

The last three single target buggers were sub 35%. One rolled out almost in tandem with the adds summoning, but I'm sure there is no correlation, just bad TP move timing.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 09:39:15
Link | Citer | R

I guess worth mentioning for science. The long, 15 minute banger I had where he didn't charm or charmga a single time, I only used Raging Fists on the corse.

After that, the next couple runs I changed to multi-step light to try to kill faster. That is when I noticed an uptick in charm usage.

It's a small sample size, but perhaps frequency of SC increases frequency of charm TP moves.

EDIT:

Disproved my own theory. SC does not affect his ability to use or not use Charm and Charmga.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-02-11 10:09:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
I have a strong hunch 0 adds being up LOCKS the Souleater aspect of this fight. If any add is up when he uses Blood Weapon, he will use Souleater in unison. I have seen twice now that all adds dead = no Souleater with Blood Weapon. And Souleater is what does big damage there, obviously.

Would it make sense to try and have a NIN tank the main mob and ignore the adds or have an off tank wrangle them while you kill the boss? It could mitigate TP gain somewhat and, provided they can keep hate, prevent issues from SE/BW doing too much damage. I wasn't sure if he AoEs enough to wipe shadows or not.

That might allow you to ignore the other adds and just focus on killing him.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 10:41:13
Link | Citer | R

Probably the final update here.

PLD/MNK/COR/BRD/WHM/BLU

Feather Tickle and Reaving Wind spam. Zero TP moves in 10 minutes. Chi Blast, Shijin, Sepulcher for TP mitigation. Kill adds when they pop. Asuran > Smite > Shijin > Smite at all times. MNK/DRG Super Jump when you get hate from 99k radiances. COR Random Deal to get chi blast back. Don't be afraid to turn around for a second if TP Inhibit wears off and Chi Blast still on cooldown.

Honestly could probably drop the WHM for something else, maybe a RDM or GEO and have BRD and the other support heal, erase, and blindna.

No TP moves is the ticket. Pretty stress-free. Took about 12 minutes including buff time. I'm multi boxing so I err'd on the side of caution and didn't have anybody else but the MNK fight the adds. If you are 6 real people, anybody who can help kill the adds should help (COR, mainly).

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-02-11 11:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried Absorb-Tp? Could just get everyone to spam that if need be?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-11 11:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Do absorb spells work on Corse? They're undead right?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 11:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Did not try absorb-TP. BLU by itself was enough. If you wanted extra security blanket, you could get the /SMN cait siths out O_O.

Decided to keep the WHM for auspice so I would cap SB1 in my WS set and in case things got hairy. WHM/SMN could easily contribute to mewing.
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-02-11 11:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Thinking it's easier for me to do the absorb-tp than blu since my alts blue is trash. Will give it a go and report back later.

Edit - yeah it doesn't work.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-02-11 13:11:28
Link | Citer | R

A quick video from Kaggra:

https://twitter.com/FF11_Kaggra/status/1492188391471185920

Subtitles say:
- Fight close together to keep the adds from moving apart.

- Tank goes easy on hate until adds appear. (Just Flash is fine.) Once the adds appear, use Sentinel and build as much hate as you can. This should let you get enmity on all the adds.

- Once adds appear (1) Saboteur + Manifestation + Bind. (2) Manifestation + Gravity. (3) Cast Gravity II on boss.

- After that just chase the boss and hit it.

- (Freeze frame, red circle on tank) Tank gets enmity while standing not too close to the boss. (*Get too close and the boss will Charm!)

Quoted tweet thread:
"Jotting down a simple V1 strategy.

Composition: Tank, DD, DD, COR, RDM, BRD [he wrote DD three times though, lol]

This is a kiting strategy.
Tank goes easy on hate until adds pop, then spams hate once they appear.

Cast AOE bind -> AOE Gravity -> Gravity II on boss then hit it while the tank kites.

No charm, no need to deal with adds. Simple."

"RDM is sub /SCH.

RUN works as tank, but if your party has low damage, Memento Mori will make the corses's spells hurt later in the fight, so Aegis PLD has an advantage. (PLD can also heal self.)
Tank needs to maintain a distance just on the verge of magic range the whole time. Get too close and the corse will charm."

"DDs should have sub /DRG if possible. ML5 gives them Super Jump, making things safer. The corse will absorb skillchains so it might be good to have everyone use Fragmentation WS.
Rolls are Crooked Chaos/SAM.
Songs are Honor March, Minuets and Dirge. (May not need Dirge with cytherea pearl [!!] or Schere Earring.)"

"I wrote that this was simple, but over time the debuffs will wear and the boss's magic damage up will make things pretty spicy.

Choose from N - VD depending on your party's DPS.

When you get used to it, you'll finish within 5 minutes."
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 13:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Hahaha that one makes me laugh. Sounds fun.
By Shichishito 2022-02-11 13:49:34
Link | Citer | R

why not simply dispel memento mori?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 13:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Finale resists unless troubadour'd. And dark based dispel never gonna happen.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-11 13:54:21
Link | Citer | R

IIRC BLU could easily dispel the Corse NM in Reisenjima with Blank Gaze. Even if you can't position from the front, Osmosis should 100% land, making BLU a very reliable party slot. Nevermind, forgot Corse were undead, so Osmosis won't work. With Gravity, it should be easy enough to run in front and cast Blank Gaze, though.

Another month where RDM is absolutely busted. What is this, 4 months in a row?
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-02-11 14:07:41
Link | Citer | R

In that case, if you don't need the Aegis:

ItemSet 383671

Sub /BLM and alternate Freeze (/BLM50), Tornado (/BLM52) and Quake (/BLM 54) to build TP. Cast Banish II and then use Empyreal Arrow when it won't skillchain.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-11 14:19:53
Link | Citer | R

lmao
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-02-11 17:43:14
Link | Citer | R

You can outrun Gambol Macabre even if done in melee range, it takes 3 seconds for the move to go, run as far as you can and you will get the "out of range" message.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-02-11 18:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alseyn said: »
In that case, if you don't need the Aegis:

ItemSet 383671

Sub /BLM and alternate Freeze (/BLM50), Tornado (/BLM52) and Quake (/BLM 54) to build TP. Cast Banish II and then use Empyreal Arrow when it won't skillchain.

You are my new favorite person.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-11 19:45:25
Link | Citer | R

voracious trunk can also steal buffs and it's wind based so might have a chance to land.

SMNs atomos is darkbased but according to wiki 100% accurate so maybe worth trying.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-02-11 20:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nevermind, forgot Corse were undead, so Osmosis won't work.
Rending Deluge is another 100% Dispel option, I believe. You'll just need to be careful not to hit and unbind the adds if using that strategy since it's AoE.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-02-12 12:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Looks like Xolla did a zerg strat

[+]
 Phoenix.Raycian
user: raycian
By Phoenix.Raycian 2022-02-12 12:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Is
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nevermind, forgot Corse were undead, so Osmosis won't work.
Rending Deluge is another 100% Dispel option, I believe. You'll just need to be careful not to hit and unbind the adds if using that strategy since it's AoE.

Is it 100%? Wiki says "Chance of dispel."
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-12 12:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Looks like Xolla did a zerg strat

That's essentially the Frog strat, zerged while the tank stays out of range. Kudos to them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-12 14:18:32
Link | Citer | R

I told my group this was the new version of frog. Good to see it done cleaner than we did it. Tomahawk is smart. Just use non-chaining options and it melts. RDM melees with club, throws up Dia3/Distract3 and Gravity 3. RUN used Valiance when adds popped to get more hate, which is the real key to this fight. Dirge DDs to make sure, but WAR + MNK are probably using Schere+Legion Cytheriaue earring for lowered enmity. Just refresh 3 them makes them accrue less hate. No need for a whm here, nothing should be hitting the DDs besides Ice spikes
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7