Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-10 07:13:30
Link | Citer | R

They really try to make it miserable as possible, but TP denial still works yeah?

Thats still viable. Was the original plan before they found gravitykite worked.

Post deleted by User.
By Ranoutofspace 2023-02-10 08:56:31
Link | Citer | R

Treated it like a little Mboze; MNK popped adds, everyone TPs on adds and used a BLU to Reaving Wind/Feather Tickle. Slow but works for now.
[+]
 Odin.Danial
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2023-02-10 09:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Man, can't understand why SE keeps looking at these fights and saying wow, the players keep inventing ways to get around our ridiculous mechanics. They really seem to be enjoying the event, how do we stop this from happening?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-10 09:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Because its supposed to be miserable not fun

And you're supposed to do it the way they say to do it.

(It keeps congestion down and regulates the market. When it's extremely easy a million mules drop a billion rema mats)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-10 10:53:46
Link | Citer | R

I know this isn't a popular opinion but I believe the goal of video game developers is to challenge the players. If they realize that their original design had a gigantic flaw in it which allowed players to exploit the fight and not be challenged by the mechanics, they should plug that hole so that the fight is challenging instead of being a stomp you can win with several AFK characters on the hardest difficulty.

They don't always get it right (frog) and there are plenty of really easy fights and loopholes, but I find it very strange when players complain that the developers of the content are trying to stop them from bypassing and ignoring all the mechanics.

I'm sure there's some argument for creativity of the player base, but for example if you could stand on top of a fence in a game and the enemy couldn't attack you, that wouldn't be considered a great creative solution, it's just bypassing the mechanics and should be fixed. Obviously it's a grey area and there are differences between cheese and exploits, but the same concept applies.

If, for example, they made some ambu boss susceptible to doom and forgot about it, and everyone was using a doom strategy...it should be patched, that was obviously not intended and allows players to ignore the threats the enemy presents and kill them without going through the process. This can be taken to the extreme as well by developers only allowing a single strategy to win and requiring you to bring specific jobs to a very specific thing, but TBH that is true of like...high tier Ongo and nothing else?

I think all this talk of railroading, pigeon holing, and SE patching out any strategy they don't like is wildly overblown. You can bring all kinds of crazy setups to all kinds of content and plenty of people do weird stuff, including in Ambu and Odyssey, and even times where everyone does the same strat it's mostly because of meta forces like BG Wiki, Youtube, and these forums, and not because of the mechanics.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerkles
Serveur: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2023-02-10 10:57:41
Link | Citer | R

Just kill the boss and don't die. That has always been the name of the game. TP denial works, do that.
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2023-02-10 11:19:44
Link | Citer | R

Boss hits for 20k+ during blood weapon, did I miss something?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-10 11:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerkles said: »

You missed the don't die part. GL next try.
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-02-10 11:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Would doom still land if charm didn't?
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2023-02-10 11:38:57
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Bahaha. I was hoping someone would take the opportunity.

Read earlier in thread, no adds = no die. Back in I go.

EDIT:

I 5 box and had a friend come COR.

PLD MNK BRD WHM BLU COR

Standard TP denial. Kill adds. 4 step boss. (rip no godhands, shitty empy).

Got 1 TP move off cause I was slow on 1 cast.

12 min clear :S

EDIT 2:

Nvm 7:30 clear. Had my BRD help with adds with cor. Also remembered to use Dia 2 this time.
[+]
By Mrxi 2023-02-10 14:05:12
Link | Citer | R

EDIT:

PLD MNK BRD WHM BLU COR

EDIT 2:

Nvm 7:30 clear. Had my BRD help with adds with cor. Also remembered to use Dia 2 this time.
What did you do for Blood weapon? no threat if PLD has hate and blocking?
 Bahamut.Kinzu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Pra
By Bahamut.Kinzu 2023-02-10 14:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Similar set ups as the ones posted, but I added a WAR in the mix for add killing:

MNK (Godhands - 4 Step Strat)- Chi Blast, Penace etc.
WAR - Club for Add Killing (didn't engage MB)
PLD - Tank/Healer
BRD/WHM - Buffs/Additional Healer
COR - Add Kill & Rolls
BLU - Feather Tickle Spam

MNK, WAR, COR kill adds and only MNK fought the MB. I used a Subtle Blow gear set on my MNK.

Going to try other party compositions my LS peeps and I had in mind just to switch it up a bit. If successful I'll share it on here.

5-6 min fight time, may try to speed it up some.

In summary, the TP drain method works.
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2023-02-11 08:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »

EDIT:

PLD MNK BRD WHM BLU COR

EDIT 2:

What did you do for Blood weapon? no threat if PLD has hate and blocking?

Blood weapon itself isn't a threat. Its if he has adds out, he has access to Soul Eater. So as long as no adds are up, he will not dunk you with BW+SE.
 Carbuncle.Slib
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-02-11 12:13:39
Link | Citer | R

My findings trying to 3 box this has been...

Rdm cor brd

I just melee the boss, any time I see it begin a tp move, I attempt to run away as you are able to out run the AOE charm move.

Once adds spawn, I bind the adds that are on my trusts as they die fast and take them down one at a time. Bind boss if off cd.

After adds are dead I repeat the top step. Final retribution does hurt a lot and did kill me as my red mages mlvl and hp were low. Could add more defense to avoid that or simply a scherzo.

Basically the fight seems simple and doesn’t require tp denial, however it is viable. Takes a long time to cast AoE charm and red mage debuffs also made it where quelling seal never paralyzed or silenced me.

Going to play around with the fight more.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-02-11 12:25:33
Link | Citer | R

Blood weapon itself isn't a threat. Its if he has adds out, he has access to Soul Eater. So as long as no adds are up, he will not dunk you with BW+SE.
Last night our experience was that not all adds needed to be dead to inhibit the use of Souleater. We killed only one, maybe two, and did not see Soul Eater used in that run. Having adds up gives us TP batteries, so we did much like someone above said: treat it like Mboze.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-11 15:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Stop damage. Hold it at whatever so both don't happen.
By Draylo 2023-02-11 15:43:11
Link | Citer | R

I know this isn't a popular opinion but I believe the goal of video game developers is to challenge the players. If they realize that their original design had a gigantic flaw in it which allowed players to exploit the fight and not be challenged by the mechanics, they should plug that hole so that the fight is challenging instead of being a stomp you can win with several AFK characters on the hardest difficulty.

They don't always get it right (frog) and there are plenty of really easy fights and loopholes, but I find it very strange when players complain that the developers of the content are trying to stop them from bypassing and ignoring all the mechanics.

I'm sure there's some argument for creativity of the player base, but for example if you could stand on top of a fence in a game and the enemy couldn't attack you, that wouldn't be considered a great creative solution, it's just bypassing the mechanics and should be fixed. Obviously it's a grey area and there are differences between cheese and exploits, but the same concept applies.

If, for example, they made some ambu boss susceptible to doom and forgot about it, and everyone was using a doom strategy...it should be patched, that was obviously not intended and allows players to ignore the threats the enemy presents and kill them without going through the process. This can be taken to the extreme as well by developers only allowing a single strategy to win and requiring you to bring specific jobs to a very specific thing, but TBH that is true of like...high tier Ongo and nothing else?

I think all this talk of railroading, pigeon holing, and SE patching out any strategy they don't like is wildly overblown. You can bring all kinds of crazy setups to all kinds of content and plenty of people do weird stuff, including in Ambu and Odyssey, and even times where everyone does the same strat it's mostly because of meta forces like BG Wiki, Youtube, and these forums, and not because of the mechanics.

Its pretty obvious a large portion of the community has become doom and gloom and real annoying jaded whiners 24/7. Sometimes its warranted but they literally find any occasion to do it. There is nothing wrong with a challenge, if there wasn't any people would complain too and say "TOO EZ." Happens to literally everything lately, they can never win either way they do things.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-11 15:49:47
Link | Citer | R

SP happens at (exactly?) 35% and adds are (timed?) hold at 36% till pops, kill pops, push 2hour

Something like that.

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2023-02-11 19:14:11
Link | Citer | R

The one thing that makes videogames stand out for other form of entertaintment likes movies,tv,books is the fact it puts a challenge in front of you in some shape or form.
 Bahamut.Wizardstick
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Sieve
By Bahamut.Wizardstick 2023-02-12 18:07:59
Link | Citer | R

We ran the mnk soloing dmg setup. While he was making skillchains I found that my rdm could burst for about 22k dmg. We had some pug mnks so I don't know what good mnk dmg looks like, but the bursting helped speed things up. I might decide later that it's too much tp feed but it's something to consider.
By Serjero 2023-02-12 21:54:10
Link | Citer | R

Mewing seems to work okay I had two supports sub SMN since my BLU is also my MNK and it seems to work out as well was just alternating them every 30 seconds with no issues. PLD MNK BRD WHM COR RDM runs are 5-10 min depending on if I remember Holy Circle exists.
By SimonSes 2023-02-13 06:50:16
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Under 2 min from enter. I think they use Shield Bash with +2~3 gauntlets to dispel Souleater? Otherwise they zerg using skeleton as TP battery. 2x BLU curing with White Wind and one is doing Tourbillion for def down.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7