Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-04-02 23:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Update Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56665-April-3-2020-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/April_2020_Version_Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/April_2020_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Digest #12
YouTube Video Placeholder

Not streaming tonight, I am only expecting one or two items due to the light update this month.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 23:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh but dat merit ws cap increase doe (overdue about 6 or so years)

Another month with no job updates.
 Bahamut.Neb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2020-04-02 23:57:02
Link | Citer | R

Well hopefully they surprise us
By Draylo 2020-04-03 00:07:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm excited
 Shiva.Malthar
Serveur: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-04-03 00:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I'm excited
You're always excited. lol
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2020-04-03 00:14:51
Link | Citer | R

Nice Social Distancing Matsui FFS
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-04-03 00:19:17
Link | Citer | R

The home point setting confirmation screen will no longer display when players leave their Mog House after changing jobs.

Whoa.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 00:23:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
The home point setting confirmation screen will no longer display when players leave their Mog House after changing jobs.

Whoa.

Only took twenty years, alright, progress!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-03 00:25:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Completing the objective Sheol A now requires that 45 days have passed since character creation.

? So they don't want armies of bots clipping to the top for free boxes huh

Quote:
The issue with Sinister Reign wherein certain NPCs would not appear.

Also looks like the August not appearing thing wasn't just a rumor
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 00:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Finally, increasing Merit WS points, this should have been done forever ag-

"Requires Deeds"

Mother *** why are you hiding QoL changes that are overdue and necessary behind monthly wait timers god damn it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-04-03 00:33:36
Link | Citer | R

I wonder what this will mean for Aeonics giving "maxed" out Merit WS.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-04-03 00:34:18
Link | Citer | R

how is that QoL? That is an earned upgrade stop crying and do the work like the other people have who actually deserve it. \

Go ahead and blast me, just because you exist doesn't mean you deserve it.
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-04-03 00:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The alter ego of Monberaux will no longer use the following abilities on players who are suffering from status ailments from sphere effects.
Antidote / Eye Drops / Holy Water / Mix: Vaccine / Mix: Gold Needle
* He will continue to use Echo Drops, Mix: Para-b-gone, and Mix: Panacea-1.

I guess they nerfed Monberaux/made useless for Yakshi (assuming his Cordon of Apathy is considered a "sphere" effect)?

Gah, I hope I'm wrong.
 Asura.Barone
user: Barone
By Asura.Barone 2020-04-03 00:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
I wonder what this will mean for Aeonics giving "maxed" out Merit WS.

Pretty sure that it's a total cap, not a cap on per weaponskill.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-04-03 00:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Increased cap for merit WS just means we can actually max out more than 3 WS
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 00:44:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zidaner said: »
how is that QoL? That is an earned upgrade stop crying and do the work like the other people have who actually deserve it. \

Go ahead and blast me, just because you exist doesn't mean you deserve it.

It is, by definition, QoL. It isnt necessary as you can go and swap merits at a whim. But you cannot honestly tell me you can play any job that has a required merit WS at any realistic capacity unless you have the merit WS, and have it maxed.

Which means if you play multiple jobs, youre heading back to the MH and swapping around merit points every time you want to play said job.

Theres a reason SE has been doing the job updates specifically for merit spells and making them auto unlock. Hell, SE even went back years ago and let you max merit every other category you couldnt max everything in prior. Theyre massive QoL buffs that make playing jobs far less frustrating.

There is nothing "earned" about a QoL buff.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2020-04-03 00:45:07
Link | Citer | R

I wonder what the new cap is.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-04-03 00:48:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
I wonder what the new cap is.
16, please look forward to it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-04-03 00:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Finally, increasing Merit WS points, this should have been done forever ag-

"Requires Deeds"

Mother *** why are you hiding QoL changes that are overdue and necessary behind monthly wait timers god damn it.

I have absolutely zero problem with requiring people to keep up with deeds getting to get some exclusive rewards, like Monberaux.

But yeah... I'm 100% with you on locking fixes to the dumb Merit WS cap behind deeds. That should be for everyone by default. It's so clearly a system-wide QoL issue.
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2020-04-03 01:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Man people seem to be butthurt seems they havent done any deeds and are gonna cry because they cant unlock weak ws's
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 01:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Okhryeny said: »
Man people seem to be butthurt seems they havent done any deeds and are gonna cry because they cant unlock weak ws's

Its irrelevant to if anyone has done this or not, and for multiple jobs you NEED your merit WSs in order to be competitive, and realistically almost, if not all, are required for skillchains.

Merit WSs are not "weak".

Youre telling me that players have to sit and wait over a year just to be able to stop spending 30+ mins swapping around merit points every time they want to job change to one of their jobs they dont have merited right now, and thats perfectly fine? Finally fixed the problem... just gotta pay monthly for 13+ months and keep up with monthly objectives, and *** you if youre a new player start the wait at 0?

This is not proper game design. At all. Even people who have kept up with it should be pissed, because they should be getting something else instead, not a QoL change everyone should get under some need for something exclusive.
[+]
 Bahamut.Khimeria
user: khimeria
By Bahamut.Khimeria 2020-04-03 01:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Is anyone else getting POL-1155 error (R:FFXI.dll) when trying to update? I did a bit of googling and deleted the .tmp and .tmp2 files from my FFXI folder and reran the update and got the same error.

It seems to be occuring mid way through installing the updates.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-03 01:40:07
Link | Citer | R

The implementation just didn't make any sense though. Why would you tie something QOL like unlocking more merit WSs behind monthly progressive content? Nothing about the WS are unique to warrant that kind of gate, and, I mean, the people who would probably most benefit from this would be players who don't have a lot of Aeonic weapon options like newer/returning players. They wouldn't have the deeds to benefit from it. They implement things in the most illogical way sometimes that the average player gets frustrated dealing with it.

A much better idea for linking deeds to WS would have been to put relic weapon skills into this category, with extra bonuses being applied multiplicatively with weapon bonuses. That way, veteran players could have gotten some better use out of those relic WS that are still garbage even at R15. At least it would have been worth the grind
By ashcrow 2020-04-03 01:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The implementation just didn't make any sense though. Why would you tie something QOL like unlocking more merit WSs behind monthly progressive content? Nothing about the WS are unique to warrant that kind of gate, and, I mean, the people who would probably most benefit from this would be players who don't have a lot of Aeonic weapon options like newer/returning players. They wouldn't have the deeds to benefit from it. They implement things in the most illogical way sometimes that the average player gets frustrated dealing with it.

A much better idea for linking deeds to WS would have been to put relic weapon skills into this category, with extra bonuses being applied multiplicatively with weapon bonuses. That way, veteran players could have gotten some better use out of those relic WS that are still garbage even at R15.

we need deeds to get that potion?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 01:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

A much better idea for linking deeds to WS would have been to put relic weapon skills into this category, with extra bonuses being applied multiplicatively with weapon bonuses. That way, veteran players could have gotten some better use out of those relic WS that are still garbage even at R15.

Agree with part 1, disagree heavily with part 2, as its pretty much the same issue. The deeds system should be nice bonuses, not things that are exclusive or outright essential. If you cant get it elsewhere, and its not cosmetic, it shouldnt be in deeds.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-04-03 01:45:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Khimeria said: »
Is anyone else getting POL-1155 error (R:FFXI.dll) when trying to update? I did a bit of googling and deleted the .tmp and .tmp2 files from my FFXI folder and reran the update and got the same error.

Do you have an old instance of FFXI still active? If you don't notice the physical window it might be a process still hanging. Close all Playonline/FFXI windows, open up your task manager and look for POL.exe. If you find any, right click it/them and end the process.
By zigzagzig 2020-04-03 01:47:58
Link | Citer | R

So much work for a 5 minutes video ..... and also thousands , or billions line of Codes for so much many changes after 20 years.....

Lazzy ..M .. F... ***.... SE.
 Bahamut.Khimeria
user: khimeria
By Bahamut.Khimeria 2020-04-03 01:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Bahamut.Khimeria said: »

Do you have an old instance of FFXI still active? If you don't notice the physical window it might be a process still hanging. Close all Playonline/FFXI windows, open up your task manager and look for POL.exe. If you find any, right click it/them and end the process.

It was this, thanks :)
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-04-03 01:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I'm excited

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8