Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-04-03 08:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
If they wanted time sinks, they can add high valued mog bananza rewards at various milestone tiers, instead of things like exclusive trusts or essential QoL changes.

Cat's Eye would be a great 1 year reward. Everyone can use it, highly valued, dont need to do deeds to get 30k alex. Things like this would be great 1 time loyalty rewards.

Most of their rewards are fine and good rewards. I dont get why they have to ruin the entire thing with a select few extremely poor choices.

You can already get most of the alex if not all from doing Ambuscade monthly for a year and never touch AH or Salvage for it.

Cat Eyes is certainly the easiest part in a mythic at this point

Einherjar is pretty brain dead too.

Cat Eyes is certainly the easiest part in a mythic at this point

They arent, in large part due to accessibility. And if you look at new/returning players.... they arent going to be getting gil at the rate current players are, and without a modern group, likely wont be generating 90+m/week for at least a year.

Please see first comment, alex is extremely easy to get. Requires 0 gil, just time and minimal effort.

Requires one year worth of time. How does that, in any way, change its value as the reward over the trust? If anything, youre literally proving my point for me.

I already outlined how to mass produce alex.

Have a 1$ alex mule, choose an easy month, run to buscade, burn 3 seals on VD (mercing or whatever) grab all alex and some cash, teansfer to main, restart account and you have more 3 seals and more 1750 alex available

He wants free Alex (cat's eye) as a reward for easy 10m monthly RoW quests is what I'm picking up.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 08:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Funny thing is that they noticed the first time reward of odyssey was being exploited then they put the 45days restriction.

Ambuscade, though, they didnt put this restriction, probably because not many are exploiting it
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 08:42:05
Link | Citer | R

I kinda think they simply forgot to have it there. I really doubt anyone was actually spamming it on new accounts (excessively)

Even if you got a whole stack every time it'd really suck to do, but some people do have nothing better to do.
Imagine literally doing that 4 times an hour for 12 hours to make less than $10 (it would be manually not wide spread enough bots the first month)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-03 08:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Heres what I got from this thread:

Quote:
WAHHHHHHH I DIDNT PARTAKE IN CONTENT FOR A YEAR BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GARBAGE AND USELESS NOW ITS NOT GARBAGE AND USELESS AND IM A YEAR BEHIND WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 09:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Well if you nitpick posts, yeah
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 09:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Lol digest they had to talk about a repeated ambuscade as there is not much to talk anyway

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Serveur: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-04-03 09:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Quote:
WAHHHHHHH I DIDNT PARTAKE IN CONTENT FOR A YEAR BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GARBAGE AND USELESS NOW ITS NOT GARBAGE AND USELESS AND IM A YEAR BEHIND WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah this is kinda what I read from a few posts here also. I'm pretty much caught up for the most part. I skipped the Flower planting ***. Everything else I finished.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-03 09:07:40
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
The quests for deeds are annoying, if they are going to be what amount of "stay subbed" quests they should be less so.

Delve, Chocobo races etc? no.
Then dont do it lol
 Sylph.Snk
Serveur: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-04-03 09:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Snk said: »

Quote:

Yeah this is kinda what I read from a few posts here also. I'm pretty much caught up for the most part. I skipped the Flower planting ***. Everything else I finished.

Chocobo Racing you can just afk. Delve, Go pop something outside two to three times and eat the bead and you're done.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-03 09:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Snk said: »

Quote:

For real, these arent massive time sinks.

Mystery box: literally 1 minute 3 times in a month
Chocobo races: no idea, never done it
WoE: shouldnt take long at 119
Legacy: Go do it on VE and be done in 2 min. Its not like limit points are in high demand anymore.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 09:10:16
Link | Citer | R

The only one thats stupid is grow. All the htb you should have access to, otherwise avatar would blow too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-03 09:13:38
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
The quests for deeds are annoying, if they are going to be what amount of "stay subbed" quests they should be less so.

Delve, Chocobo races etc? no.
Then dont do it lol

Quote:

*goes down on SE*

Slurp Slurp - Mmmmm I'll defend your F2P Mechanics in a pay to play game all day Papi. Now slap me around and tell me I'm special
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-03 09:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I've done none of those monthly objectives at all and don't feel compelled to.

Should be free instead of adding a F2P element in a monthly sub-game tied to content that doesn't matter while making you do it for a year (at least allow people to backlog the monthlies to do it later)- Talk about not respecting the player base that actually pays you monthly constantly to even log in

Amazing how these things just work out, eh?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-04-03 09:19:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm completely caught up and I still think this Weaponskill thing is bull. I thought Mon was kind of BS but you had so much warning that something good was obviously coming that it really is on you for not doing it. I think of him more in lines with Ygnas where you have to do months of work to unlock it which, I mean, I still kind of think is BS but whatever, clearly they have no intention of reducing these timesinks anymore.

Weaponskill cap, really this should have just been dropped ages ago since it's not like you can take advantage of every weaponskill simultaneously anyway. At least they stopped stubbornly refusing to increase it, but this solution seems stupid. And it's another five months worth of deeds to finally get it. Someone starting today has to wait 18 months to unlock it, that's absurd for something so trivial.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 09:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Funny thing is that they noticed the first time reward of odyssey was being exploited then they put the 45days restriction.

Ambuscade, though, they didnt put this restriction, probably because not many are exploiting it

Because you cant really exploit it. You still need to clear it, which requires a group to clear the content. And you cant restrict ambu behind a lockout, given entry level 99 gear comes from it.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 09:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Then youre a moron. Deeds are not a good system to have exclusive rewards put behind that are non cosmetic. This is true of any game with a similar system.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 09:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Whats the diffemce between both KIs? Was it explained?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 09:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Whats the diffemce between both KIs? Was it explained?

Deed Vouchers AF 109 119 119+2
Deed Tokens Relic 109 119 119+2
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 09:34:28
Link | Citer | R

I mean the difference between the martial techniques kis
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 09:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I'm completely caught up and I still think this Weaponskill thing is bull. I thought Mon was kind of BS but you had so much warning that something good was obviously coming that it really is on you for not doing it. I think of him more in lines with Ygnas where you have to do months of work to unlock it which, I mean, I still kind of think is BS but whatever, clearly they have no intention of reducing these timesinks anymore.

Weaponskill cap, really this should have just been dropped ages ago since it's not like you can take advantage of every weaponskill simultaneously anyway. At least they stopped stubbornly refusing to increase it, but this solution seems stupid. And it's another five months worth of deeds to finally get it. Someone starting today has to wait 18 months to unlock it, that's absurd for something so trivial.

I'm sure they really care what you think. I'll copy your post and send it directly to SE.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 09:36:29
Link | Citer | R

I mean the difference between the martial techniques kis

Probably unlocks 5 and 10 more slots, I assume that's reasonable. I wouldn't count on getting all maxed. (If you ask, and start bitching about it, they might give max, you've got a year to try)

It will be September before anyone knows the answer about #1 and an entire year for #2
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-04-03 09:36:48
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even notice there was a second KI...

So probably the first KI brings you up the cap once and the second KI will fully bring up the cap so you can unlock everything at once. What a dumb year two reward.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-04-03 09:37:34
Link | Citer | R

orangemanbad said: »

I'm sure they really care what you think. I'll copy your post and send it directly to SE.

You can recognize they don't care about my input but fail to notice no one cares about yours?
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 09:38:11
Link | Citer | R

You can recognize they don't care about my input but fail to notice no one cares about yours?

I don't care that you don't care. But thanks for trying.
 Ragnarok.Odynson
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kensai98
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-04-03 09:40:44
Link | Citer | R

I really can't remember but is the Maximum 40 Deeds of Heroism a month?

If so then that would take 18 months to get the WS item if you were starting from scratch. That seems like a bit much. no?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 09:42:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Odynson said: »
I really can't remember but is the Maximum 40 Deeds of Heroism a month?

If so then that would take 18 months to get the WS item if you were starting from scratch. That seems like a bit much. no?

Yup, if you start today 18 months till you get access, very stupid system. and if gobbie box pops you'll miss those 10 points. meaning 19 months.

I already did this whole argument in another thread about it being really *** stupid.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-04-03 09:43:14
Link | Citer | R

I don't care that you don't care. But thanks for trying.

And clearly I don't care that SE doesn't care since I think we all know they don't read this forum so your comment was just as helpful as mine, lol.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-03 09:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Amazing how these things just work out, eh?

Doesn't stop me from completing all the content in the game while helping my friends. Instead its sad to fen see SE head down this route.

QOL changes should not be blocked on doing monthlys for 18 months straight - Slippery slope blah blah blah - I mean... What's next?

Also - here's a napkin, You still got some SE batter on your chin their pal...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8