Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-04-03 02:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Khimeria said: »
Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Bahamut.Khimeria said: »
Is anyone else getting POL-1155 error (R:FFXI.dll) when trying to update? I did a bit of googling and deleted the .tmp and .tmp2 files from my FFXI folder and reran the update and got the same error.

It seems to be occuring mid way through installing the updates.

Do you have an old instance of FFXI still active? If you don't notice the physical window it might be a process still hanging. Close all Playonline/FFXI windows, open up your task manager and look for POL.exe. If you find any, right click it/them and end the process.

It was this, thanks :)

Glad I could help! ^^
 Valefor.Akheilos
Serveur: Valefor
user: Phed
By Valefor.Akheilos 2020-04-03 03:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Maat's Concoction gives 50 Job points
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-03 03:45:33
Link | Citer | R

With the over-abundance of home points where you can set your spot almost anywhere these days, slowing down MH exits for an option that's less than a 5 second walk away was a waste. If you want your HP at a mog house, use the related homepoint that is right next to it.

But now we have to choose it vs being fed it from a time where our current mobility wasn't even imaginable.

Regarding the merit point WS changes, funny some friends and I were just talking about this...but lord what a horrible thing to hide them behind.
[+]
 Valefor.Akheilos
Serveur: Valefor
user: Phed
By Valefor.Akheilos 2020-04-03 03:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Gonna take another year to get the KIs for that
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 03:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Akheilos said: »
Gonna take another year to get the KIs for that

That's the game plan! another year of *** quests. And you have to log in every month if you want them. p2w. gotcha. mobile freemium.

"Free" relic+2 is pretty dope though, assuming you haven't been dumb enough to spend hundreds of millions on it yet or are new. Took longer than I hoped for those to pop up, but, might mean emp+3 will actually drop now so they can have vouchers for next years deeds.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-03 04:22:01
Link | Citer | R

How long 'til they allow augmented (old) skirmish gear to be POL sendable? Q_Q
Aug Sinister Reign stuff too, pleeeease
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-03 04:39:45
Link | Citer | R

what is the "Deed: Token" key item from the AMAN reclaimer btw?
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2020-04-03 04:41:18
Link | Citer | R

clearly you can get 150k nyzul tokens from that!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 04:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
what is the "Deed: Token" key item from the AMAN reclaimer btw?

Token series: Relic 109 119+1 119+2

Exactly the same as it was for the Voucher series and AF

Quote:
A token given to adventurers who have received a certain number of Deeds of Heroism through Records of Eminence. Exchangeable for a set of five pieces of item level 109 relic equipment of your choosing.
(one single set, all 5 pieces 109 for the "token")
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-03 04:47:07
Link | Citer | R

uuunnngh
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 05:11:51
Link | Citer | R

If they wanted time sinks, they can add high valued mog bananza rewards at various milestone tiers, instead of things like exclusive trusts or essential QoL changes.

Cat's Eye would be a great 1 year reward. Everyone can use it, highly valued, dont need to do deeds to get 30k alex. Things like this would be great 1 time loyalty rewards.

Most of their rewards are fine and good rewards. I dont get why they have to ruin the entire thing with a select few extremely poor choices.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 05:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
If they wanted time sinks, they can add high valued mog bananza rewards at various milestone tiers, instead of things like exclusive trusts or essential QoL changes.

Cat's Eye would be a great 1 year reward. Everyone can use it, highly valued, dont need to do deeds to get 30k alex. Things like this would be great 1 time loyalty rewards.

Most of their rewards are fine and good rewards. I dont get why they have to ruin the entire thing with a select few extremely poor choices.

You think a free mythic is only worth $150 gonna have to step up your freemium game. Let your imagination run with it, the addicts will do it.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 05:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Cat Eyes is certainly the easiest part in a mythic at this point
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 05:19:01
Link | Citer | R

What were the actual change in deeds?

Did the last reward got replaced (Monb was replaced by more merit points in WS)?

NVM. they just set one more year of rewards
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 05:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Meh

Im at a point that whatever. I dont remember reading anyone complaining they have any problem with merited WS. Either you have it ready by using aeonic or youre using other WS. Not that many merited WS are actually spamable that you need 5/5. and if you need, you can easily drop merits each fight given how fast we refil.

thats to say, this reward is pure garbage in terms of achievement. One QoL, none will ever know if you get them, if you dont get, not that it will change something, if you do get them, most likely you wont be using its full potential, so yeah.

Yeah, i do agree 2 years of playing is past the Line of reasonable because no game should ever be developed to be played that much time. but not gonna feed those 2 or 3 idiots that think this is fine.

Just enjoy your ride.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 05:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

You think a free mythic is only worth $150 gonna have to step up your freemium game. Let your imagination run with it, the addicts will do it.

Its.... not even a free mythic. Its a large gil sink completed, and one of the biggest time wasters, but you still need 3.3k beit and all the chores.

But even so, it is a heavily desired item, and one no one would really complain about getting as a major milestone.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 05:59:10
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

They arent, in large part due to accessibility. And if you look at new/returning players.... they arent going to be getting gil at the rate current players are, and without a modern group, likely wont be generating 90+m/week for at least a year.
By ashcrow 2020-04-03 05:59:39
Link | Citer | R

so did any 1 try getting the potion i have 0 deeds
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 06:13:20
Link | Citer | R

They arent, in large part due to accessibility. And if you look at new/returning players.... they arent going to be getting gil at the rate current players are, and without a modern group, likely wont be generating 90+m/week for at least a year.

At the point they get the need of have a mythic, they should be aware how to farm half efficiently.

Its not like someone is creating one account and the very first thing he wants to do is to drop alexandrites to have a mythic
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 06:17:05
Link | Citer | R

ashcrow said: »
so did any 1 try getting the potion i have 0 deeds
Maat's whatever right?
Valefor.Akheilos said: »
Maat's Concoction gives 50 Job points
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 06:34:34
Link | Citer | R

At the point they get the need of have a mythic, they should be aware how to farm half efficiently.

Its not like someone is creating one account and the very first thing he wants to do is to drop alexandrites to have a mythic

You cant farm alex that well, and im assuming the way RMTs get them to sell is using 3rd party tools, and for any sake of discussion in relation to the game 3rd party tools shouldnt really be considered for balance purposes, especially since in-zone movement is outside what even ashita and windower would consider to be supported.

For normal players, buying what the RMTs are selling or off AH is going to be a much better investment of time than trying to get 50-99 alex/15min once an hour.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 06:56:36
Link | Citer | R

Man, a literal WoW troll avatar, come on bruh at least fake it.
(goblin apparently, close enough)
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 06:57:54
Link | Citer | R

Suspicious

But worth it

Coward
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-04-03 07:08:48
Link | Citer | R

You can already get most of the alex if not all from doing Ambuscade monthly for a year and never touch AH or Salvage for it.

Einherjar is pretty brain dead too.

Please see first comment, alex is extremely easy to get. Requires 0 gil, just time and minimal effort.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-03 07:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Alex will never be truly "free".
A Cat's eye would since you can't resell it.

The "free" Alex you get from Ambuscade (if that's what you meant) is not free at all. That's "gil" that you could get by selling and that you're not getting by choosing to keep it.
Not really that much different from an economical point of view.
It just feels very different from a psychological one.

With that said, I sorta have to concur that the 30k Alex is possibly the easiest part of Mythics these days.
"Easy" is generic, I dunno, maybe better to define it the "less annoying" part.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-03 08:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

You can already get most of the alex if not all from doing Ambuscade monthly for a year and never touch AH or Salvage for it.

Please see first comment, alex is extremely easy to get. Requires 0 gil, just time and minimal effort.

Requires one year worth of time. How does that, in any way, change its value as the reward over the trust? If anything, youre literally proving my point for me.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 08:23:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Requires one year worth of time. How does that, in any way, change its value as the reward over the trust? If anything, youre literally proving my point for me.

I already outlined how to mass produce alex.

Have a 1$ alex mule, choose an easy month, run to buscade, burn 3 seals on VD (mercing or whatever) grab all alex and some cash, teansfer to main, restart account and you have more 3 seals and more 1750 alex available
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8