April 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-07 23:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Serious question, what's the login campaign this month? I don't see anything posted on it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-04-08 00:06:43
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
On the Mog House exit pop up, I find it better to just warp into Selbina or Mhaura to job change to avoid the excessive delays (2 x zoning + annoying pop up on exit + stupid targeting of tunes instead of door which they have not fixed).

Agreed, Nomad Moogles are better than the extra zoning.

These days I tend to set HP at Mhaura or Norg #2 (HP, Nomad/Porter moogles and AH are all steps away, and when it's Oseem campaign you're near him too for daily disappointment).

I can also claim some sort of pathetic Vana'diel hipster cred for having used Rabao HP sometimes BEFORE IT WAS COOL.
By Spoiled 2020-04-08 00:27:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
Serious question, what's the login campaign this month? I don't see anything posted on it.

Info will probably get released tonight(Wednesday night) last day of exchange is tomorrow(Thursday)
By clearlyamule 2020-04-08 13:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Spoiled said: »

Info will probably get released tonight(Wednesday night) last day of exchange is tomorrow(Thursday)
It's actually already out but they forgot to put a link to it

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login82.html
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-08 13:50:38
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »

Where are my empy aby items?

By SimonSes 2020-04-08 14:34:25
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »

Where are my empy aby items?

Here..
By Pantafernando 2020-04-08 15:39:22
Link | Citer | R

One of the lamest ever.

More 200 seals i guess
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-01 13:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
One of the lamest ever.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56771

Edit: To be fair, basically every campaign is going to be active at some point through the month of May. It's not like anybody cares much about which ambuscade NM is around. They mostly care if it's easy or difficult and in this case, Orcs are easy. Nobody cares what login reward lockstyle is around either. They just care if Shantotto II can be obtained.

I enjoy May campaign's name. "Relaxing in Vana’diel Campaign (May 2020)". They are just relaxing at home.

So basically we have ALL OF THIS TO KEEP US BUSY so yeah. Knock out the same spambuscade for whatever loot you want and then you have all of this:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56747-Relaxing-in-Vana%E2%80%99diel-Campaign-%28May-2020%29
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-05-01 13:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Orcbuscade 2: Electric Boogaloo
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 13:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Their excuse isn't even a good one. All 20 ambuscades are copy/paste (V1)

They had the ability to "turn on" the new monthly campaign, the monthly event (feast of swords), and keep up with new login campaigns, it's not much different, so.

Not really any viable excuse for not changing it. But I suppose the excuse is, because we can't create a new v2 we won't even bother with v1.

Seems like they aren't earning their sub fee to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Illumin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sylvanica
By Bahamut.Illumin 2020-05-01 14:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Will they rotate the rewards between vouchers and tokens? I'm missing a lot of the gear that wasn't available this month, so here's hoping.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-01 14:08:03
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, I can't say for sure, but I doubt the Dullahan shield will be changed out because those kinds of rewards are tied to the family-of-the-month that is up and in that case, it may be tied to which set of the other stuff can be obtained. You may be out of luck.

Like I said in the above post, however, there will be a lot to keep you busy and ambuscade is hardly "version-update-worthy content", but they do have to change it out monthly until the servers shut down because they painted themselves into that corner with that style of content. (Instead of just not resetting points and letting us pick which fight we wanted to do like any regular orb/merit battle).
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-01 14:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

They had the ability to "turn on" the new monthly campaign, the monthly event (feast of swords), and keep up with new login campaigns, it's not much different, so.

Not really any viable excuse for not changing it. But I suppose the excuse is, because we can't create a new v2 we won't even bother with v1.

They don't need to provide you any justification. Providing something is out of pure generosity. You're not their mother. Don't like it, unsub.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-05-01 14:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

They don't need to provide you any justification. Providing something is out of pure generosity. You're not their mother. Don't like it, unsub.

In his case: Don't like it, go on every single forum page available and complain about it and tell them how they're wrong. At this point you just have to assume he's going to argue, disagree, or/and complain about every last thing that ever happens to this game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 14:44:39
Link | Citer | R

If it makes you happy to think that lol.

Just stating facts. They should "easily" change the mobs (and rewards) and while they don't "require" an excuse you shouldn't be satisfied with the lack of an adequate one.

Enjoy another non-update though, Nothing changes on my end.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-05-01 15:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
...and we are working feverishly
oh pls don't.

translation:
"we are pissed about the extra shifts due to 2 consecutive exploits in a row so we decided to deduct that time from the monthly 'content creation' (lawl) and blame it on 'corona limitations'."
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-05-01 16:09:56
Link | Citer | R

imagine unironically thinking that
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-01 16:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Illumin said: »
Will they rotate the rewards between vouchers and tokens? I'm missing a lot of the gear that wasn't available this month, so here's hoping.
Glad I'm not the only one in this boat. I missed on most of the Limbus variants when I quit a couple years ago, and every month where I'm only offered vouchers instead of tokens, I waste so much.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 16:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Every month offers both. You just have to do a lot more runs for the alternate set. Every month one set is in the total marks and the other set is in gallantry.

But yeah you should be irritated that it won't shift from set 1 > set 2 in the total category. It's unacceptable.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 16:19:02
Link | Citer | R

IIRC the gallantry category is NQ versions.

So totally not worth grabbing, never waste metal/fibers on that one, metals and fibers are very limited every month and galantry metals and fibers are like 1000 gallantry each?

You dont need to +2 every piece but my OCD is hurting that i need more 2 or 3 months to complete all sets. And that farming like 200k hallamrks every month
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 16:20:42
Link | Citer | R

NQ and +1 sets are both in gallantry, they just cost way to much to be reasonable. But they are there.

(9 Intense Normal runs for the body+1 for a 'average' player/returnee)
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 16:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Sorry i mean hallmark category.

This month for example, the total hallmarks is NQ and HQ+1 voucher (meghanada & co). Hallmarks is NQ tokens (mummu & co). Gallantry is voucher again. So this month you just cant have tokens HQ+1
By FaeQueenCory 2020-05-01 16:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
To be fair, I can't say for sure, but I doubt the Dullahan shield will be changed out because those kinds of rewards are tied to the family-of-the-month that is up and in that case, it may be tied to which set of the other stuff can be obtained. You may be out of luck.

Like I said in the above post, however, there will be a lot to keep you busy and ambuscade is hardly "version-update-worthy content", but they do have to change it out monthly until the servers shut down because they painted themselves into that corner with that style of content. (Instead of just not resetting points and letting us pick which fight we wanted to do like any regular orb/merit battle).
Rewards are probably able to be swapped out the same way Deeds objectives are: it's just a text file... basically.

I had thought that the fights themselves are stored on the servers and just dummied out or on depending on the ID they set to be referenced... but if they can't change them without being physically there... that would indicate that it's more in depth than a simple toggled, copypasted reference ID. (It could even be a physical hard drive swap, where the drive contains the actual fight data!)

But Matsui's notes saying "reset" instead of "swapped" (even in JP side: "リセット" instead of "差し替え")... Perhaps there is some other limiter that I'm not thinking of?
Or it could just be company bureaucracy to demand changing something through the provided devkit and not through the source code....

Empyrean people should be happy I guess... more HMPs.
And at lest we didn't get stuck with 3 months of Velkk.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 16:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sorry i mean hallmark category.

This month for example, the total hallmarks is NQ and HQ+1 voucher (meghanada & co). Hallmarks is NQ tokens (mummu & co). Gallantry is voucher again. So this month you just cant have tokens HQ+1

It should be opposing pieces, not same, but I haven't even looked in a while.

Vouchers/+1 in total and Tokens/+1 in Gallantry and vice versa
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-01 16:52:22
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-05-01 17:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »

Speaking the truth!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-01 17:15:40
Link | Citer | R

This month is:
Hallmarks NQ Token (which is kinda useless cause you then have to waste your limited metal/fiber to +1 it, which could be used to +2 it)
Total HM NQ/HQ voucher
Gallantry Voucher at vastly inflated prices
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-01 17:24:58
Link | Citer | R

If it makes you happy to think that lol.

Just stating facts. They should "easily" change the mobs (and rewards) and while they don't "require" an excuse you shouldn't be satisfied with the lack of an adequate one.

Enjoy another non-update though, Nothing changes on my end.

First; you're confusing what "facts" are. They owe you a game subscription, at their desired quality level. You can either pay or not pay (unsub) for what they have to offer.

Second; you wrote "should", you meant to say "could". You aren't forcing them to do anything.

Third; you wrote "excuse", you meant to say "reason".

Your entitled thought of any of this is mind blowing. If you don't like the game, move on. They owe you nothing except the ability to login to their service for a monthly rate. They determine everything else. You literally don't get a say. Is this that hard to figure out?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 17:34:18
Link | Citer | R

No, you're confusing what I said facts are.

If they can change the login campaign, and the monthly campaign, and the feast of swords, they could rotate ambuscade. Fact.

Can do it and won't do it = excuse, not reason. (semantics)

They should change the mobs and rewards, it is "easy to do" it's already done, just a swap.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8