Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Enough with the Elitism
Enough with the Elitism
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 18
By Afania 2018-04-05 10:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Here is my opinion about REMA/HQ:

If Making assumption about pt performance based on members rema and hq gears in this game would actually be accurate, then there would be a legit rational reason to do it.

But unlike gear scored based game like ffxiv that players could just meet the gear score and watch YouTube videos then beat things, ffxi is far more complex than that, and rema/hq makes much, MUCH smaller difference from big picture pov. FFXI is too complex that Team work, knowledge and communication makes much bigger difference in a team setting. Assuming players gear is at least escha/ambuscade level. Obviously bayld gears would mean leeching in high end content.

Ive seen way too many people don't realize that. They assume good pt in ffxi is 6 tier A super players with full rema and hq tearing things up. Lol no.

In reality a pt with 6 tier A players that don't work well together often don't kill more efficiently than 6 tier B+ players (or 2 tier A 5 tier B-) players with stronger team work.

That's why we often see high end ls or group only have a few tier A+ super players and remaining "follower" players are not as elite. Because that's how a "team" often works best.

Team work in ffxi is simply communication, communication and more communication. Devil hides in the details. If your tank doesn't know where to stand, tell them. If your pt members don't know what move to expect, tell them. If your cor brd run RDM doesn't know if they should DD, tell them. A "successful" pt in ffxi in today's Endgame is nothing But trial and error in a team to figure out what playstyle works best in this team and communication speed this process up and goes a long way to solve pt issues.

Further more, most "elite" gears makes much smaller difference in ffxi over next best option. Many hq makes 1% or less difference on spreadsheet, 0 difference in actual parsing. They only start making very noticeable difference when you pt with this person enough times to know that this guy is "prepared" well enough that he has a refined, diversed set for different situation, pushing himself to excel every moment. And you aren't going to notice that unless you pt with this person like, 20 times? Unless you examine that persons lua to understand his decision making skills.

In other words, the difference is small enough and negligible, often doesn't out weight that persons ability to "fit" in a team, or knowledge/reflex.

Tl;dr: After many many years of Endgame doing pretty hard things in ffxi, interacted with variety of groups and players, here's my opinion. When it comes to a player, assuming he has "good enough gears" that's not in bayld:

Communication and team work skill > reflex/situational awareness and knowledge(this can often be fixed with better communication and adjustment in strategy, thus not beating first) >>>>>>>>>>>>> elite gears

So yeah, elitists and gear obsessionist stfu =)

Asura.Verbannt said: »
And some advice coming from rema owners might be worth listening to, they have things you don't(or have made more of them maybe they are better at time management), sure a rema is not the only thing it takes to make a good job, but if you ignore good advice on the grounds you think they are just being elitist, then your arrogance and ineptitude is what will hold you back.

And vice versa. Any advice came from none rema player could be valuable if it's accurate and useful.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-04-05 10:32:24
Link | Citer | R

With our powers combine I am captain planet !

He's our hero going to take elitism down to zero !

Going to help him if I can get a REMA weapon in my hand !
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-04-05 10:36:00
Link | Citer | R

Oh hey there!

Please don't mind me. I'm just here reading posts and enjoying the epic trolling.

Lots of downtime at work, so this is helping.
[+]
 Asura.Darian
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-05 10:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Just a bunch of forum lurkers doing V1 N complaining about life. Carry on.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-04-05 10:42:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Oh hey there!

Please don't mind me. I'm just here reading posts and enjoying the epic trolling.

Lots of downtime at work, so this is helping.

Join the elitism club...you must have all REMA weapons but we get ***done bro. Hardcore 24/7 yea booooooooooooy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 10:46:02
Link | Citer | R

I have plenty of REMA, most aren't worth a ***and i still ask people for advice and what not. Can't do everything by yourself, even if you could it's not as fun.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-05 10:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Plenty of REMA, most aren't worth a ***

Accurate
By Afania 2018-04-05 10:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
And so is fonewear (he admits to being drunk 24/7).

Being drunk 24/7???? That's too op. Gonna learn how to do that so I can be elite too.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-04-05 10:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Accurate

So you are telling me that making a relic club was a waste of time...damn it !
By Trapsta 2018-04-05 10:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Damnn a whole thread about one person getting insulted lol, must of really hurt them feelings. #LifeGoesOn
[+]
By whitemage 2018-04-05 10:58:46
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

Accurate

It isn't a waste of time.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-05 11:21:11
Link | Citer | R

With our powers combine I am captain planet !

He's our hero going to take elitism down to zero !

Going to help him if I can get a REMA weapon in my hand !
Lol
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-05 11:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Trapsta said: »
Damnn a whole thread about one person getting insulted lol, must of really hurt them feelings. #LifeGoesOn
Facts
By Jetackuu 2018-04-05 11:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Accurate

Hey now.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-04-05 11:25:23
Link | Citer | R

SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-04-05 11:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Murisia said: »
being told he failed at the game for only have a few REMA's

lol by who, guys like this?

[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 11:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Accurate

I did ag for yoichi for my sam, total waste.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-05 11:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
lol by who, guys like this?

we wish we were that handsome....
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-05 11:59:15
Link | Citer | R

If you are an Elitist help yourself to one of these, no need to thank me
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-05 12:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Not on topic....but how are these gil buying chumps buying their way to a mythic? without doing all those dopey quests!... or assaults or whatever they're called...

I'm still stuck on that stupid one you gotta find a particular rock with the dumb worms... before time runs out.... /drops pickaxe

[/hears Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in his head]

PRIVATE NIKOLCE!!! HAVEN'T YOU FOUND THAT GODDAMNED ROCK YET?! YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF ***!

I'll never make it to stupid captain.... /cleans toilets with his toothbrush
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 12:13:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Not on topic....but how are these gil buying chumps buying their way to a mythic? without doing all those dopey quests!... or assaults or whatever they're called...

I'm still stuck on that stupid one you gotta find a particular rock with the dumb worms... before time runs out.... /drops pickaxe

PRIVATE NIKOLCE!!! HAVEN'T YOU FOUND THAT GODDAMNED ROCK YET?! YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF ***!

Gunny also wants you to eat that whole bag of ***. But that one can be a pain, honestly when i do mythics i wait until a friend is and we do ***assautls together.
 Phoenix.Faloun
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-04-05 12:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Enough with the Ethylisme !
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-04-05 12:15:54
Link | Citer | R

Had a few things I wanted to say before I hit the gym. First of all, I just got out of the shower with my *** Sandy. She's 90 pounds, 5'3 and the has the body and face of a goddess. You know how I pulled her? By being the alpha male. Something you nerds don't know ***about. All you know about is Elitism and REMs, while I'm out there in the club popping bottles and cheating on my *** every night with the finest dimes.

Did I *** my *** in the shower just a minute ago? Yea, it was clutch, and that *** would never cheat on a greek god looking specimen like myself, I give it to her so good. Don't believe me? Ask your girlfriend. Know what I'm saying? Face, pussy.

I am the most attractive man any of you will ever have the jprivilege of being amongst. I bench 300 pounds now and do 2,500 sit-ups a day. My abs are hard as a rock and my *** is the size of a cucumber. When I walk down the street I can smell your girlfriend's pussy getting wet. She wants to *** with a real boss, not a chump change coward like yourself. Just playin, you ain't even got a girl. All you got is Final Fantasy. You play that ***, imma be playing with my girls *** in the club.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2018-04-05 12:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
Had a few things I wanted to say before I hit the gym. First of all, I just got out of the shower with my *** Sandy. She's 90 pounds, 5'3 and the has the body and face of a goddess. You know how I pulled her? By being the alpha male. Something you nerds don't know ***about. All you know about is Elitism and REMs, while I'm out there in the club popping bottles and cheating on my *** every night with the finest dimes.

Did I *** my *** in the shower just a minute ago? Yea, it was clutch, and that *** would never cheat on a greek god looking specimen like myself, I give it to her so good. Don't believe me? Ask your girlfriend. Know what I'm saying? Face, pussy.

I am the most attractive man any of you will ever have the jprivilege of being amongst. I bench 300 pounds now and do 2,500 sit-ups a day. My abs are hard as a rock and my *** is the size of a cucumber. When I walk down the street I can smell your girlfriend's pussy getting wet. She wants to *** with a real boss, not a chump change coward like yourself. Just playin, you ain't even got a girl. All you got is Final Fantasy. You play that ***, imma be playing with my girls *** in the club.

Someones got a small pee pee
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-04-05 12:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Aesthetic CEO 10k/day
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-04-05 12:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-05 12:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Lol

Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-05 12:47:23
Link | Citer | R

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/384038134/

Nice try chump. We all can copy paste ***too and if that is what you look like you look like an Italian sonic the hedgehog.

The original post this chump copied from if you’re too lazy to click the link:

“What's really good witcha? you already know, it's ya boy Ramiro

Had a few things I wanted to say before I hit the gym this morning. First of all, I just got out of the shower wit my *** Maria. 95 pounds, 5'3 and has the body of a goddess.[She just blew me, ***was SO cash].know how I pulled her? Being a real man, something you nerds don't know ***about. All you know about is books, while I'm out in da club poppin' bottles and cheating on my *** every night with the lushest breezies in Jersey.

Did I *** that skank in the shower just a minute ago? You know i did, it was clutch. And she wouldn't dare cheat on a greek god looking specimen like myself, I give it her good, all day, every day. Don't believe me? Ask your girlfriend. Know what I'm saying? Face, ***.

You chumps make me sick, hanging out on your nerd website all day jerking off to fat chicks, I roll out with my boys 8 nights a week. When I walk up in da club, *** can't wait for the Alphabet ['cos i'm the ALPHA male and you can BET on it] to wrap his pimp mitts around their titties.

You pussies have won the lottery to even get to speak with me. 6'3, bench 240 and my ***'s the size of a cucumber. When I walk down the street I can smell your girlfriend's pussy getting wet. She wants to *** wit a real boss, not a chump change loser like you. Just playin', you ain't even got a girl. All you got is Warhammer. You play that ***, imma be playin' wit girls *** in da club.

Don't be hatin' bro', Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. Captain of the football team, have a .212 batting average (not that you pussies even know what that means), and can drink all of you pussies under the table.. What sports do you do, other than "professionally not getting laid"? I also get straight A's. Dang, you wish you were me! ***aint gonna happen son, you're all wastes of good air who should just kill yourselves.

On the grind.

- Ramiro the cham”
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-05 13:01:06
Link | Citer | R

You can always tell when someone is hiding their small package syndrome, when they start off a discussion with "before i hit the gym". Super dead giveaway.

Also, 4 pages for this? I was more impressed with the counter vs parrying debate, where I actually gleaned some useful data on what I could augment next. This thread man...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 18