Enough With The Elitism

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Enough with the Elitism
Enough with the Elitism
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18
By fonewear 2018-04-11 12:55:32
Link | Citer | R

15 pages and I have no idea why kids love hip hop music.
By Foxfire 2018-04-11 12:56:11
Link | Citer | R

16*
By fonewear 2018-04-11 12:58:04
Link | Citer | R

16 pages and I don't remember what they hell happened 3 posts ago.
By fonewear 2018-04-11 12:59:10
Link | Citer | R

My brain left on page one:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 13:00:27
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
My brain left on page one:

Lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-04-11 13:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »

I just can't get used to In Flames' new vocalist.

And stop stealing my shitty memes.
By fonewear 2018-04-11 13:06:11
Link | Citer | R

I learned that the Green Giant is elite:

Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-11 13:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
people are jerks. it's human nature.

And yes it is, nobody say it's not this entire time. OPs message is more like "people are jerks, but let's try not to be sometimes", not "if you are jerk go burn yourself in the fire" nor "jerk doesn't exist"

If someone don't agree with him and still want to be a jerk, just log on to ffxi and keep being a jerk Then? No point to keep posting and push page count to 20.

SOMEBODY HAS TO FIGHT IT!!!

/long face palm drag

look I'M EVIL and so when somebody tries to do good then I have to try to stop them... if you want nothing then you have to stop without good, then evil can't exist and we can stare at a blank screen all day long....

it's a two sides to every coin type of deal...I really don't know why this requires so much explanation... you flip a coin it either comes up "heads" or "tails" you can't have one without the other
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 13:24:06
Link | Citer | R

I learned that the Green Giant is elite:

Green giant
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 13:25:21
Link | Citer | R

And yes it is, nobody say it's not this entire time. OPs message is more like "people are jerks, but let's try not to be sometimes", not "if you are jerk go burn yourself in the fire" nor "jerk doesn't exist"

If someone don't agree with him and still want to be a jerk, just log on to ffxi and keep being a jerk Then? No point to keep posting and push page count to 20.

SOMEBODY HAS TO FIGHT IT!!!

/long face palm drag

look I'M EVIL and so when somebody tries to do good then I have to try to stop them... if you want nothing then you have to stop without good, then evil can't exist and we can stare at a blank screen all day long....

it's a two sides to every coin type of deal...I really don't know why this requires so much explanation... you flip a coin it either comes up "heads" or "tails" you can't have one without the other
Valid
By fonewear 2018-04-11 13:25:51
Link | Citer | R

What are you talking about this thread is like 4 pages from becoming elite. We can't stop now we got no brakes !
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 13:26:36
Link | Citer | R

What are you talking about this thread is like 4 pages from becoming elite. We can't stop now we got no brakes !
Brakes? Brake level 0!!!
By fonewear 2018-04-11 13:28:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Brakes? Brake level 0!!!

I found some brakes:

[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-11 13:44:51
Link | Citer | R

life isn't fair.

and it's never going to be. it order for fairness to exist unfairness also has to exist you can't have just one...

I disagree. Life is fair the moment everyone feels it is unfair. Only when one side is content is it clear the other side is disadvantaged.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-11 14:09:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
life isn't fair.

and it's never going to be. it order for fairness to exist unfairness also has to exist you can't have just one...

I disagree. Life is fair the moment everyone feels it is unfair. Only when one side is content is it clear the other side is disadvantaged.

you can disagree with reality all you want but take it from me. the second you put on the white coat with the really really long sleeves your nose with get itchy.

fairness and unfairness/hot and cold/good and evil/light and dark

they are our perceptions of life and the world around us. life isn't one or the other it's both.

ok... so you get into a hot bath but very soon you grow accustomed to the hot and it's no longer hot to you. it may still be considered too hot or too cold to someone else but to you it's just a bath. if you have ever been in a bath so long you don't notice the water any more?

if you put a frog in a big pot and heat it gradually enough the frog wont notice and it will boil to death. it only perceives hot and cold in extremes if you throw a frog in a hot pot it will jump right out but if you heat it gradually they don't notice.

but it's just water. it's actually not hot or cold until it boils and turns into steam or freezes and turns into ice but either way until that point it's just water we say the water is warm when we accept that we cant tell the difference whether it's hot or cold

same thing with fairness we are assigning fairness or unfairness to things arbitrarily there is no universal fairness thermometer to gauge the actual fairness of an action. we can pretend that we all agree that something is fair or unfair but that doesn't mean it actual is. only our perception is similar or at least claimed to be similar among the group being polled.

so no life isn't fair and it can't possibly be fair without also being unfair at the same time.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-11 14:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
There'll always be the haves, and the have-nots.

ok hold that thought a moment.

let's say that you are a "have not" and I am a "have". just for the sake of making this important point. we both die simultaneously and I had a hundred smidgens and you had one smidgen.

who in death has more smidgens? -neither of us we both have no smidgens we're dead.

a miser with unimaginable wealth can have an unhappier life than someone who starves to death. so who dies richer?
By Afania 2018-04-11 14:17:46
Link | Citer | R

you can disagree with reality all you want but take it from me. the second you put on the white coat with the really really long sleeves your nose with get itchy.

Perhaps I used the wrong word then.....

OP received more upvote than most ah posts. That means what he said is something people want to read, objectively speaking.

In that way it's more useful than majority of other AH posts, thus not useless.

If someone doesn't like it, or disagree with it, or claim it's useless/shameful post, they are probably the minority. Opinions of minority doesn't matter (as much)

It's also the obvious reason why the other thread gets removed. It has no market because it's not positive.

Human are jerks by nature, but majority of human also like the idea of being positive. Deal with it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 14:22:29
Link | Citer | R

OP received more upvote than most ah posts. That means what he said is something people want to read, objectively speaking.

If someone doesn't like it, or disagree with it, or claim it's useless post, they are probably the minority.

It's also the obvious reason why the other thread gets removed. It has no market because it's not positive.

Human are jerks by nature, but majority of human also like the idea of being positive. Deal with it.
Having your friends vote for something does not count. And fun fact there are more crybabies than strong individuals in the world. I don’t agree with the elitest attitude but I also know what makes them angry. That is by not acknowledging their exist or letting the childish statements of “look at his REMAs and look at mine.” That comment alone made the individual childish not elitest. By acknowledging their exist or statement puts them in the same boat. Hell this was taught to me in elementary school wtf are they teaching kids these days? Cry about it instead?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-11 14:23:57
Link | Citer | R

so back to the topic at hand.

can there be "enough with the elitism" does elitism exist, can't we quantify it and then can we eradicate it?

no

elitism is the OP and 24 other people's perception of the behavior of others. it doesn't actually exist in any quantifiable measure.

it can't be created or destroyed. the only thing you can change is your individual perception of it. it can be a negative thing that you find hurtful or it can be a positive thing that you want to accomplish or aspire to. but it's also nothing and meaningless at the same time.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 14:25:37
Link | Citer | R

so back to the topic at hand.

can there be "enough with the elitism" does elitism exist, can't we quantify it and then can we eradicate it?

no

elitism is the OP and 24 other people's perception of the behavior of others. it doesn't actually exist in any quantifiable measure.

it can't be created or destroyed. the only thing you can change is your individual perception of it. it can be a negative thing that you find hurtful or it can be a positive thing that you want to accomplish or aspire to. but it's also nothing and meaningless at the same time.
The facts are too damn high!
By Afania 2018-04-11 14:29:43
Link | Citer | R

If someone doesn't like it, or disagree with it, or claim it's useless post, they are probably the minority.

Having your friends vote for something does not count. And fun fact there are more crybabies than strong individuals in the world. I don’t agree with the elitest attitude but I also know what makes them angry. That is by not acknowledging their exist or letting the childish statements of “look at his REMAs and look at mine.” That comment alone made the individual childish not elitest. By acknowledging their exist or statement puts them in the same boat. Hell this was taught to me in elementary school wtf are they teaching kids these days? Cry about it instead?

Majority of upvote wasn't his friend. They are just readers that agree with him.

His post also didn't scream "die elitists die" nor target at anyone, more like share feelings by reminding us to be humble after witness some forum drama. It only became Darian v.s Alfy thing a few pages after, it doesn't change the nature of original post.

I don't think there is anything wrong to remind us to stay humble all the time, he didn't criticize others harshly either.

If you read the OP post as another elitist crybaby post, then you missed his point completely.

Quote:
This post isn't directed at anyone in particular, but more so at all of us including MYSELF, that needs to be reminded at times where we come from.
By fonewear 2018-04-11 14:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Majority of upvote wasn't his friend. They are just readers that agree with him.

His post also didn't scream "die elitists die" nor target at anyone, more like share feelings by reminding us to be humble after witness some forum drama. It only became Darian v.s Alfy thing a few pages after, it doesn't change the nature of original post.

I don't think there is anything wrong to remind us to stay humble all the time, he didn't criticize others harshly either.

If you read the OP post as another elitist crybaby post, then you missed his point completely.

Quote:
This post isn't directed at anyone in particular, but more so at all of us including MYSELF, that needs to be reminded at times where we come from.

That is the thing I didn't read the OP post.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-11 14:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Opinions of minority doesn't matter (as much)

opinions aren't real.

opinions don't matter at all. they aren't matter. they are opinions. they can change in an instant. it's only your perception that causes you to believe they have more weight if more people share them. they don't I have a scale right here! your opinion doesn't matter more or less than anyone else's no matter how many people agree or disagree with you.

ok.... so I'll ask you what color is the sky? and you say blue. and everyone agrees with you that it's blue but it isn't actually blue. it's clear.

but you and everyone that shares that same opinion can write it down in books and all agree as much as you want and you can burn me at the stake for being a heretic and all this sort of thing. but the sky still isn't blue. it doesn't have any color at all it's just an optical illusion based on your perception that you got a lot of people to agree with you on but that doesn't make it true
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 14:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
There was no point or fact. It’s an opinion which means nothing and that’s a fact. I am sorry you missed the truth.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-11 14:45:08
Link | Citer | R

I didn't read the OP post.

well the good news is - it doesn't matter.

some people read it and thought it was swell and other people read the same words and got all bent out of shape over it.

the author had no more control over the reaction to their words than I have to mine and in the end everyone realized that nobody cared and they all lived happily ever after.

and then everyone died

the end
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 14:46:43
Link | Citer | R

I didn't read the OP post.

well the good news is - it doesn't matter.

some people read it and thought it was swell and other people read the same words and got all bent out of shape over it.

the author had no more control over the reaction to their words than I have to mine and in the end everyone realized that nobody cared and they all lived happily ever after.

and then everyone died

the end
Lol give us the honest truth version of the post!?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-11 14:51:03
Link | Citer | R

nothing is true; everything is permitted.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-11 14:54:13
Link | Citer | R

nothing is true; everything is permitted.
;0000000
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-11 14:54:18
Link | Citer | R

“‘Nothing is true—all is permitted.’ Hassan Sabbah. The Old Man of the Mountain quoted from ‘The Master of the Assassins’ by Betty Bouthoul.”

for everyone that stubbornly refuses to read books... >.>
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18