June 2022 Version Update

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June 2022 Version Update
June 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
By Tokimemofan 2022-06-10 16:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I think they should take time before doing anything. If it makes Quetzalcoatl less overcrowded I’d be for them leaving it. Get a charm buffer and self inflict poison. In a few months hopefully they revisit the issue and fine tune things.
By GwenStacy 2022-06-10 16:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Razma got his 10mins of fame and now is a literal nobody w/ Spicyryan lol.

They are both in discord flailing mireu talking about why they can't get matches on tinder

good ending to this arc
 Shiva.Carrelo
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-06-10 16:48:43
Link | Citer | R

pls stop giving them attention, it just gets worse from here.

Edit: oh no
[+]
 Asura.Emba
Serveur: Asura
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2022-06-10 16:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Tokimemofan said: »
Asura.Embs said: »
I genuinely feel remorse for the whole spike flail bit now since SE somehow made things worse. Their solution is fine if only for Mireu but to apply that standard to the other 3 is pretty ridiculous. One can only hope they hotfix it so the whole warping business is only applicable to Mireu and not the regular 119 Wyrms.

Flailing was a mechanic that needed to be legitimately addressed but the solution is utterly ridiculous since it only punishes folks trying to farm beads via the 119 Wyrms.
Too little too late. You and Razma did far more damage to bead farming than this nerf. When I came to Asura I respected you and actually found you to be rather cool. You could have been the better person and told Razma to stop. Instead you took part in the trolling. Somehow beads matter but Domain points don’t.

To be clear, I'm not asking for you or anyone else's forgiveness. We are past that and I truthfully do not care, especially from you. I am mostly stating my disappointment in SE not employing a proper Red team to poke holes in some of the 'solutions' they deploy. This fix should not have made it all the way to production let alone past the first phase of brainstorming potential solutions. I am only regretful that SE could not do better on their subscribers behalf.

EDIT: Fixed quote formatting-
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 17:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Real talk, you expected them to THINK of something logical and get additional people to brainstorm it?

These are the same *** idiots that thought the way to stop selling jp was to reduce exp for parties of 7+.

They never think. or plan. They just react.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-06-10 17:04:54
Link | Citer | R

People suck and they get what they deserve. Good on SE for pulling their finger out and doing something for a change.

Also, screw master levels. Does anyone seriously enjoy having to grind that much?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 17:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
People suck and they get what they deserve. Good on SE for pulling their finger out and doing something for a change.

Also, screw master levels. Does anyone seriously enjoy having to grind that much?

Of course they do, they'd murder their own mothers for one more STR+1
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2022-06-10 17:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emba said: »
I genuinely feel remorse for the whole spike flail bit now since SE somehow made things worse. Their solution is fine if only for Mireu but to apply that standard to the other 3 is pretty ridiculous. One can only hope they hotfix it so the whole warping business is only applicable to Mireu and not the regular 119 Wyrms.

Flailing was a mechanic that needed to be legitimately addressed but the solution is utterly ridiculous since it only punishes folks trying to farm beads via the 119 Wyrms.
Too little too late. You and Razma did far more damage to bead farming than this nerf. When I came to Asura I respected you and actually found you to be rather cool. You could have been the better person and told Razma to stop. Instead you took part in the trolling. Somehow beads matter but Domain points don’t.

To be clear, I'm not asking for you or anyone else's forgiveness. We are past that and I truthfully do not care, especially from you. I am mostly stating my disappointment in SE not employing a proper Red team to poke holes in some of the 'solutions' they deploy. This fix should not have made it all the way to production let alone past the first phase of brainstorming potential solutions. I am only regretful that SE could not do better on their subscribers behalf.

EDIT: Fixed quote formatting-
Well at least we agree on half of that. If this also slows down DI enough that it lasts long enough to cap beads during peak hours it may be a net positive. Only time will tell.
By IGDC 2022-06-10 17:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Of course they do, they'd murder their own mothers for one more STR+1

Oh they'll do it, but that doesn't mean someone actually enjoys it.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-06-10 17:27:13
Link | Citer | R

I honestly don't understand all the whining about minor DI dragons. Just auto attack it from the front or the side. With the right buffs and trusts you'll get 1k beads almost every time regardless. Are people really THAT mad that they'll maybe get terror on Quetz and get 600 beads instead of 1k for 1 fight out of 10 (while making your 20th Aeonic)?
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-10 17:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Based on past data, it looks like MLv39-40 is gonna be in the range of 640k, putting total exemplar points from MLv0-40 at 7.5M+.

These numbers for 34-45 and 38+ are purely speculative, but they're based on matching previous curves when graphing TNL/level and the difference in TNL from each previous level, using the following approximated values:

34-35: 435,700 EXP
38-39: 576,000 EXP
39-40: 608,500 EXP
40-CAP: 640,800 EXP
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-10 17:30:57
Link | Citer | R

I filled in the 34-35 number. Those seem about right to me, except that I wouldn't make any strong predictions about 40-CAP given the discontinuous jump for 30-CAP previously. I could see them being like "1... MILLION XP"
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 17:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Hardcore mmo players love progression systems, it's a foundation of the genre and one of the reasons people keep playing. The only thing worse than a long grind, is having nothing left to progress on your fav job.

Asking a hardcore (and we mostly all hardcore here compared to most other mmorpg communities) if they like grind is like asking someone really into fitness if they really love working out, they kind of do but it's really the results they like/want.

When I capped job points on my blue I was happy for a few days, and still liked being capped but I was also sad I could no longer make anymore progression on my fav job. I like Mlevel even if I never cap them, because the mindset of knowing I still have stuff to work on is a positive.

Also Mlevel isn't anywhere near as important as Job Points, so it's not required to cap them.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-10 17:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I filled in the 34-35 number. Those seem about right to me, except that I wouldn't make any strong predictions about 40-CAP given the discontinuous jump for 30-CAP previously. I could see them being like "1... MILLION XP"

Yeah, the value for 40-cap is based on continuing the curve. It will most likely be way, way worse. It may end up being somewhere around 725k, based on TNLs for 20 and 30 each more than doubling the previous cap's TNL:

10: 10,058
20: 23,337
30: 52,831
40: 116k~?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-10 17:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Somehow I'm parsing 99% accuracy on monk (~50k samples, so high confidence). I thought that offhands for 1H weapon users were capped at 95% still.

Guess not: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Hit_Rate
 Bahamut.Kacil
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-06-10 17:35:25
Link | Citer | R

It's gonna hurt so bad dying without any reraise or raise and having to homepoint.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-06-10 17:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Positron said: »
Has anyone recorded the number of points needed from 34-35?
34-35 is 435,673
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-10 17:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kacil said: »
It's gonna hurt so bad dying without any reraise or raise and having to homepoint.

need a new bed with exemplar point retention moghancement
[+]
 Bahamut.Kacil
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-06-10 17:50:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna make sure to have reraise even if I'm fighting Jaggedy Eared Jack. On second thought. Too risky. It could go sideways.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-06-10 18:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Somehow I'm parsing 99% accuracy on monk (~50k samples, so high confidence). I thought that offhands for 1H weapon users were capped at 95% still.

Guess not: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Hit_Rate

This was altered with the 2019 MNK update. Completely revolutionized impetus.
 Asura.Akkarinn
user: Camosan
By Asura.Akkarinn 2022-06-10 18:10:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Akkarinn said: »
Not sure who's maintaining BGWiki (I'm lazy) but here's what I've got so far, beyond what I've already seen shared in the thread:

M35-36: 473,392
M36-37: 509,085
M37-38: 542,995

M38-39: 575,336
By Tokimemofan 2022-06-10 18:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Honestly I think they should take time before doing anything. If it makes Quetzalcoatl less overcrowded I’d be for them leaving it. Get a charm buffer and self inflict poison. In a few months hopefully they revisit the issue and fine tune things.

Sounds like Asura problems. I have no problem ever capping beads on any dragon I go to, and I don’t even try to get capped beads, I go randomly once in a while for domain points.

They should’ve made the changes only on Asura.
It’s only Asura problems because SE allows Asura to have 6-8x the population of the smallest servers. Simplest solution would have been to ban Razma before everyone else got involved. DI wasn’t exactly broken enough to need fixing before these trolls started in.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-06-10 18:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Did we confirm that skills and stats still increase by 1 just like under 31? And hp mp is 7?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-06-10 18:46:49
Link | Citer | R

Flailing was a mechanic that needed to be legitimately addressed
was it really?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-10 18:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Flailing was a mechanic that needed to be legitimately addressed
was it really?
I never had any issues with the Flail mechanic in general- but in a context like Mireu where not everyone has the same goal in mind, it can be abused by those who merely wish to sew chaos.
[+]
By Razma 2022-06-10 19:28:39
Link | Citer | R

No ragrets, you all could've left it alone after the first one whichh was just me being curious but the animosity raised by you sweaty gross nerds taking things way too far I stopped feeling bad about it long ago. Got my personal patch note so I got what I wanted.
By Tokimemofan 2022-06-10 19:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Which is why you should have been banned.
[+]
By Razma 2022-06-10 19:41:47
Link | Citer | R

I'll try harder next time, keep struggling on VE Lilith bud.
By Tokimemofan 2022-06-10 19:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Razma said: »
I'll try harder next time, keep struggling on VE Lilith bud.
Malignance won’t help much on GEO which is my current in progress job. Go fester somewhere else
[+]
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2022-06-10 19:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Razma said: »
No ragrets, you all could've left it alone after the first one whichh was just me being curious but the animosity raised by you sweaty gross nerds taking things way too far I stopped feeling bad about it long ago. Got my personal patch note so I got what I wanted.

Such a Merils thing to say..
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10