Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June 2022 Version Update
June 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
By CrAZYVIC 2022-06-14 20:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Emp+2 is from new content in Ra'kaznar and probably has nothing to do with TVR.

Oh no I have nightmares, just stepping into the SoA areas literally makes me hysterical when I set foot in Western Adoulin.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My opinion about multi jobs vs 3-4 solid mains. If you have the free time to do it and you have been playing FFXI uninterruptedly since 2015-2022 the smart thing to do is to be a versatile player and offer multi-jobs.

For me it is totally possible to play FFXI at the maximum level with 3-4 jobs, as long as you cover several roles and know how to choose your jobs properly. If your 4 jobs are something like REMA THF, REMA WAR, REMA BRD and Mythic WHM, you shouldn't have a problem finding a group.

Finally, if you are one of those who has 3-4 jobs, you should choose a quieter "midcore" group with a friendlier environment. Do not join those LS "HARDCORE" where everyone is 6 boxing, play 18 hours a day, play META exclusively, they have a too serious environment.
By Hopalong 2022-06-14 21:13:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
For me it is totally possible to play FFXI at the maximum level with 3-4 jobs, as long as you cover several roles

But but... there's like a lot more jobs to experience. Why would I play ffxi using only 3-4 jobs... Missing out on 3/4 of the "content" that is still available. No expansions coming up, lifeline additions, breadcrumbs no meat... and they restrict part of the fun?

We all know SE/ffxi devs just need to spend money to make money. Market the game that's awesome, get new players and not sadly explain the little things they are doing to placate the current population. And god forbid restrict the fundamental positives of this game. FFXI was founded on changing jobs on your main character.

Everyone above who said whatever job you choose to get master levels, applies to all your jobs, have it spot on. Or apply a percentage decrease for off jobs, get like even 50% would be acceptable
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-14 21:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Back in early 75 dsys, Tanaka actually expressed surprise that a decent number of people were leveling multiple jobs to 75, rather than focusing on one. It seems that changing jobs was mostly intended for the subjob system, and they thought very few people would be hardcore enough to level multiple jobs to 75. It's also why invsntory was so limited at first, as they didn't think we'd need more than 80 slots in the field.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-14 21:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Back in early 75 dsys, Tanaka actually expressed surprise that a decent number of people were leveling multiple jobs to 75, rather than focusing on one. It seems that changing jobs was mostly intended for the subjob system, and they thought very few people would be hardcore enough to level multiple jobs to 75. It's also why invsntory was so limited at first, as they didn't think we'd need more than 80 slots in the field.

I had 6 open inventory at lvl 90 for just RDM. It was total crap. Things just got thrown in my case to be sorted at the port jeuno AH because the vendors were also there. I'm so happy to be able to play several jobs without wasting the time to fully re-sort my inventory. I came back as soon as someone explained how wardrobes worked.

Hopalong said: »
Quote:
For me it is totally possible to play FFXI at the maximum level with 3-4 jobs, as long as you cover several roles

But but... there's like a lot more jobs to experience. Why would I play ffxi using only 3-4 jobs... Missing out on 3/4 of the "content" that is still available. No expansions coming up, lifeline additions, breadcrumbs no meat... and they restrict part of the fun?

We all know SE/ffxi devs just need to spend money to make money. Market the game that's awesome, get new players and not sadly explain the little things they are doing to placate the current population. And god forbid restrict the fundamental positives of this game. FFXI was founded on changing jobs on your main character.

Everyone above who said whatever job you choose to get master levels, applies to all your jobs, have it spot on. Or apply a percentage decrease for off jobs, get like even 50% would be acceptable

Having 22 jobs is about choice. One choice is playing 22 jobs. Every other choice is not that.

Some jobs are not fun to play and some jobs are not fun to gear. <Opinions

There is enough grinding involved in getting a couple jobs to max right now. Do you really think SE would have made it less grindy for it to apply to ALL JOBS? They are trying to keep us occupied for as long as possible so they can pass this VR kidney stone.

For casuals, it works out and doesn't run them off with their single or double accounts. For Hardcore, it doesn't matter how bad the grind is, it's going to be done regardless on all 6 of their accounts while they are sleeping.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-06-14 21:43:53
Link | Citer | R

But it was built in, and marketed, so they couldn't have been "surprised". That's so whats up with this game... I think its the japanese business mentality. Smoke and mirrors. Inventory was PS2 limitations most likely, or they said that's what it was later I'm sure.

Great observation though, but does it apply during the 10+ years of the reality of why people play ffxi later?

Quote:
Do you really think SE would have made it less grindy for it to apply to ALL JOBS? They are trying to keep us occupied for as long as possible so they can pass this VR kidney stone.

No, this was exactly my point earlier, and its boring and tiresome.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ketsui
Serveur: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2022-06-15 01:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign

For the duration of the campaign, vanquishing specific monsters in the battlefields below will reward you with a variety of items, including materials needed to craft +2 empyrean equipment, Mog Bonanza kupons, Dynamis currency, and valuable synthesis materials.

It's not, this Campaign has been dropping materials for +2 empyrean armor for many many years.

It would be a typo if it said "reforged empyrean +2"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Dawezy
Serveur: Shiva
user: Dawezy
By Shiva.Dawezy 2022-06-17 06:55:37
Link | Citer | R

Just had my first flail warp, was shooting Naga from his side (if I had to guess distance, it was outside of Gregale Wing hitting me) - got pulled in and by reflex I moved back away to shoot him some more, slapped with Spike Flail then the chat log suggested I was "knocked back far into the distance!"

Bit annoyed have to admit but turns out the AI (or server?) deems that anyone who makes top of the enmity list and stays out of the Dragons melee range to cause said Flail is fair game for event removal.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10