users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June 2022 Version Update
June 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 09:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Teuphist said: »
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »

I mean, I used to flail every DI dragon but Mireu, and no one died. There was actually plenty of people there too. Let me guess… the flails from a 119 mob were killing you?
Flails weren't killing me or the player base on any of the regular NMs, it was Mireu that people were particularly coming out to do it to on Asura, which would cause wipes.
It's kind of laughable that people actually think players on Asura were having this kind of difficulty on the lower NMs.

None thinks, that players on asura were killed be flails from nq wyrms. I think you are missing the point or reading without understanding. We think that Mireu was only wyrm that required changes to Spike Flail, because it was lethal and players could abuse it to screw whole server. NQ wyrms were fine and that severe changes to Spike Flail on them is just SE being extremely lazy and not knowing where the problem lies.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-06-10 09:19:40
Link | Citer | R

It's kind of laughable that people actually think players on Asura were having this kind of difficulty on the lower NMs.

Considering the general skill of the Asuran playerbase, is it really laughable?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-10 09:23:02
Link | Citer | R

That's a very odd blanket statement to make.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-10 09:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Well if you kids can't play nice, we can all go sit in time out for a while.

Trolololololol Warp!
[+]
By GwenStacy 2022-06-10 09:29:16
Link | Citer | R

*** razma
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-10 09:41:59
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
I would of just changed it to charm and terror, honestly that would of been more amusing than warp.

I agree, charm would've been vastly superior to Warp. MPKers could just come back, but getting killed by other players would be a slap in the face. That happens enough times and they'd probably stop showing up on their own.

Adding charm to Azi and Naga would've been hilarious too for the situations where the charmed person doesn't get melted right away and can instead go around smacking everyone else, just like at Quetz.
By Meeble 2022-06-10 09:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's much simpler than that. They literally don't know the difference. They can't tell that Quetz Azi and Naga flails are harmless. (That whole not playing the damn game thing)

Also, stops them from becoming an issue, preemptively.

Nah. DI points are a catch-up system for new and returning players. Flail might be barely noticeable to you or me but it'll flatten a newbie in 117 gear with no vorseals or good trusts. That's the target player the baby dragons are tuned for, not the rema r15 edgelord fisting dragons from behind because sleep and terror are just, like, SO beneath them.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-06-10 10:01:50
Link | Citer | R

^DI existed as a source for beads long before domain points were created. New/returning players could still get their daily catch-up points even if they somehow died to NQ wyrm flail anyway.

It's nice they addressed Asura's manchild problem I guess, but this change should not have affected anything but Mireu.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-10 10:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Sleep is easy enough to ignore with poison pots. It's the full Dispel in addition to the terror that is annoying, especially when you've just used JAs with a 3- to 5-minute cooldown. Why put yourself through that inconvenience when it was avoidable?

There are a lot of times when I do DI that I'm one of the only people engaged on it (thanks to being on Valefor). Previously being able to fight it from behind and ignore Flail made it much easier to do self-skillchains and kill it quickly versus getting terrorized for up to 50 seconds (even in Malignance/Sakpata/Nyame).
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-06-10 10:08:44
Link | Citer | R

I mean, they literally gave us a piece of equipment to resist warp

[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2022-06-10 10:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Earlier this morning fighting Azi in zitah I was at its front feet and I got terrored and warped out.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 10:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Meeble said: »
It's much simpler than that. They literally don't know the difference. They can't tell that Quetz Azi and Naga flails are harmless. (That whole not playing the damn game thing)

Nah. DI points are a catch-up system for new and returning players. Flail might be barely noticeable to you or me but it'll flatten a newbie in 117 gear with no vorseals or good trusts. That's the target player the baby dragons are tuned for, not the rema r15 edgelord fisting dragons from behind because sleep and terror are just, like, SO beneath them.

Well, 2 things.

If you die, you still get points and beads, that's irrelevant. It's boring sure, to lie there dead while someone else kills it, but who cares.

Azi Naga Quetz die in 5 minutes, a couple flails is meaningless. The flailer can solo them. But, repeated Mireu flails may mean a loss.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-10 10:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Phah, mere peasants don't matter. This change directly interferes with my ability to show off my multi-box uber leetness and solo a multiplayer game. Those scrubs can eat cake!

/s for anyone taking this seriously.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2022-06-10 10:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Wing AoE, Azi's Firaga, Naga's para, and Quet's sleep are enough to heck over a gimp player. Flail was never the issue. Now if I want to cap my DI points, I get to not engage and contribute until the wyrm is sub 10% HP and fire off a stacked WS. Gonna have to do more fights per day that take longer to complete. This seems to hurt everyone.

The only flipside that I see if that we'll have more DI fights where party size bonus is capped. Dead server, y'know.

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Earlier this morning fighting Azi in zitah I was at its front feet and I got terrored and warped out.
I'm guessing you get warped if your trust causes flail. Good thing that the wyrm's large character radius causes trusts to dance around to the tail if you don't know how to position properly, and the first trust called is more often that not, gonna be a tank.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-10 10:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Love the gear argument when you can spend less than a single day worth of DI points to completely cap your dt- in domain invasion
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 11:10:07
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-06-10 11:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Yeah lets forget, that for 200 Domain Points you can buy armor set that during DI gives you +50%DT, +50%SubtleBlowII, +50%WSD, +50sTP and +50%FC and have total base stats (STR,DEX, etc.) higher than almost any end game equip. Now weapons for 80 Domain points has broken stats too like +80 acc/+80att, higher base damage than REMAs and stupid bonuses like +30stp or +30% WSD/PDTII/critRate/DA/TA etc.

Even if you are super fresh 99lv, you can get those in max 4 days on servers with capped daily bonus and easily be in super saiyan mode during Domain Invasion.
[+]
By Meeble 2022-06-10 11:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta said: »
Wing AoE, Azi's Firaga, Naga's para, and Quet's sleep are enough to heck over a gimp player. Flail was never the issue. Now if I want to cap my DI points, I get to not engage and contribute until the wyrm is sub 10% HP and fire off a stacked WS. Gonna have to do more fights per day that take longer to complete. This seems to hurt everyone.

The only flipside that I see if that we'll have more DI fights where party size bonus is capped. Dead server, y'know.

I did the whole new player experience about a year ago for a pocket bard, the only things that were an issue were intentional flail and sometimes hundred fists if there weren't any other players present. With even a few players the trust heal spam more than makes up for regular aoe.

No argument that they could make some QoL changes for the bead farming crowd, though. Longer fights wouldn't be so bad if the time between spawns wasn't so excruciatingly long when solo.

If you die, you still get points and beads, that's irrelevant. It's boring sure, to lie there dead while someone else kills it, but who cares.

Sure, if you're multiboxing a fresh alt or grinding out numbers like a job, no biggie. Free bio break, yo.

It's a crap experience for someone actually playing a single character, though. I get that most of the audience here doesn't care about dem scrubs, but without some of them having fun and sticking around the game's gonna die a heck of a lot sooner, and the dev team seems to understand that, even if their skill at implementation leaves much to be desired.
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2022-06-10 11:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Can't wait to get lvl 3 aftermath on my calad and run through everyone on Quetz since now we can't avoid charm. Glad the actions of a few *** on Asura have stained my blade with the blood of some 117 returning players. Great balancing!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-10 11:52:19
Link | Citer | R

I mean, a couple Asura players created a problem (exposed it, however you want to label it), Asura players complained about a problem created by a couple of players, and SE decided to address the problem. Nobody thought SE would rule with an iron fist and actually decide upon this form as a way of fixing the problem. It's completely irrational and lazy. Imagine if there was a penalty for every single thing that players complained about and they decided to be overly harsh with the implementation of the "fix".

"Oh, a certain crafter is jacking the prices of items up? His next purchase will instantly expend all of his gil."

"This guy is hogging up all of the Kur/Isgebind/Carabosse/Heqet/Cirein-Croin etc pops with his mules? "Repeatedly spawning the same NM in a party for longer than 10 minutes will cause that player to instantly lose their Visitant stats" "

It's funny, but it's also incredibly stupid and ridiculous. That's basically what they did here. They could have easily scaled down Spike Flail, or just made it so that it attacks the main target for severe damage and leaves everyone else at a reduced rate. They went about it the lazy way.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-06-10 11:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget, everyone. Thank Tokimemofan for being the obnoxiously loud idiot complaining numerous times on every *** platform about one server's few problem individuals and ruining a game system for new/returning players, despite having racked up 10s of thousands of DI points and never spending them.

Thanks, Tokimemofan of Asura!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-10 11:55:16
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Lusiphur said: »
for being the obnoxiously loud idiot complaining about one server's few problem individuals and ruining a game system for new/returning players

I'm not defending the guy or anything, but the blame should not go to the whistleblower or the complainant, whatever. This is totally a SE lazy approach. Don't redirect your frustration at the messenger, tell SE how absolutely terrible this adjustment is (on the OF). That's who you should direct your energy towards.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-06-10 11:56:30
Link | Citer | R

No, I'm pretty sure there was relatively no real issue for people with half a brain and we can rest the blame solely on that retard.
By Afania 2022-06-10 11:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
The spike flail adjustment is dumb as ***. Warp, seriously?

Gonna thank Asura for making this move even worse than before for everybody else! You will be remembered. ;<

Got nothing to worry about if you're not the person causing it. What's bad about that for everyone else?

Asura.Saevel said: »
RadialArcana said: »
I would of just changed it to charm and terror, honestly that would of been more amusing than warp.

Well I think their goal is to stop people from flailing dragons. Spike Flail is a punishment mechanic, you do the fight "wrong" and you get hit with this powerful attack. People figured out that they could play in such a way that negates the danger of that attack and use it to break the monsters AI.

If their goal is to stop ilv117 players dying from flail on NQ dragons too, remove this *** TP move so nobody actually die to the flail.

Why keep this TP move, but warp whoever that triggers it, so this TP move never gets used? It makes no sense, as this change means less freedom strategy wise, than simply remove the TP move. And it only prevents NIN THF playing the job like they should, as getting behind the NM is part of the gameplay on these jobs.

Adding warp doesn't stop people from intentionally triggering spike flail too. Afaik there are more than one people doing it, they can still take turn triggering this move as the warped person comes back.

If their intention is to protect ilv117 players from dying even to NQ dragons, remove this TP move. It's the most logical thing to do if that's their goal. So people can fight behind if they want to. Warping people is not punishing trolls, it's punishing everyone else that wants to use fighting behind as a legit strategy by taking away their freedom.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 12:00:51
Link | Citer | R

Since Lushiphur wants to be a dumbass

Razma made Asura lose Mieru 3-4 times in a row by using anchor and other things to make it spike flail back to back constantly and get no knockbacks.

Razma caused this entire problem, it was far more people than just Toki that reported it. Razma was griefing the entire server, was everyone just supposed to ignore it?

It's one thing to do it once or twice for a laugh, but if you do it for over a month lots of people are going to get mad about it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-10 12:03:45
Link | Citer | R

No, I'm pretty sure there was relatively no real issue for people with half a brain and we can rest the blame solely on that retard.

It wasn't an issue for me because Mireu was a dumb NM I could never see anyways. I'm sure next to nobody cared, but either way, it was still a grieving tactic, so someone has the right to complain about it, even if it was very small in scope as far as who it affected. My only issue is that SE dealt with this in an incompetent by attaching this to the other 3 dragons. The original complainant was making the case that it was about Mireu, which, if allowed unchecked, caused everyone to lose the streak bonus and DI cap total. So the complain was noble and benefitted everyone if it was fixed. SE going overboard and blanket applying this to all dragons was just dumb.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-10 12:22:18
Link | Citer | R

Changing mireu isn't the problem anyway. Changing the other 3 is the nonsensical part
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2022-06-10 12:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget, everyone. Thank Tokimemofan for being the obnoxiously loud idiot complaining numerous times on every *** platform about one server's few problem individuals and ruining a game system for new/returning players, despite having racked up 10s of thousands of DI points and never spending them.

Thanks, Tokimemofan of Asura!
Oh the irony
By Afania 2022-06-10 12:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
My only issue is that SE dealt with this in an incompetent by attaching this to the other 3 dragons.

Does this warp effect actually prevents the one that got D2ed re-entering the zone?

Because if it doesn't then it may not even prevent the trolls. Since you can get terrored in that fight, and spike flail can still kill if your HP is low, a pt of 6 can rotate flail triggering, if it's triggered twice in a row it can still mpk someone in theory.
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-06-10 12:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
My only issue is that SE dealt with this in an incompetent by attaching this to the other 3 dragons.

Does this warp effect actually prevents the one that got D2ed re-entering the zone?

Because if it doesn't then it may not even prevent the trolls. Since you can get terrored in that fight, and spike flail can still kill if your HP is low, a pt of 6 can rotate flail triggering, if it's triggered twice in a row it can still mpk someone in theory.

The terror effect makes that character sit out for a bit, but a megaboxer or group of individuals can still basically work towards forcing multiple Flails on Mireu regardless.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10