Forum » FFXI » General » June 2022 Version Update
June 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Aburaage
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-06-10 12:36:11
Link | Citer | R

If the character got D2'd, when they re-enter, chances are they're not going to be able to see Mireu, so they're out effectively
 Odin.Lusiphur
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-06-10 12:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aburaage said: »
If the character got D2'd, when they re-enter, chances are they're not going to be able to see Mireu, so they're out effectively

This can technically be dealt with thanks to 3rd party tools if they're so inclined.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-06-10 12:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Anyone can force Mireu to spawn on their screen by just running far out of bounds until they get warnings, then running back. Works every time.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-06-10 12:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Should have just changed Mireu to instant death with the loss of a full master level for the main target. Make the whole server watch you level down for messing with everyone.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-10 12:53:19
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Should have just changed Mireu to instant death with the loss of a full master level for the main target. Make the whole server watch you level down for messing with everyone.

Trolls would just bring a ML0/CP not capped jobs to trigger flails and lose nothing then, lol. Like that even stops real trolls :p.
By Aerix 2022-06-10 13:03:48
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Aerix said: »

Trolls would just bring a ML0/CP not capped jobs to trigger flails and lose nothing then, lol. Like that even stops real trolls :p.

Extend it to instant regular level loss as well, then. If you drop to 98 you won't be able to wear ilevel gear anymore. Good luck actually grabbing hate at that point.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 13:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Honestly the biggest shock is the developers read the complaints and acted on it, it feels like we are being totally ignored most of the time.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-06-10 13:13:30
Link | Citer | R

I remember 3-4 years ago when I started farming domain invasion for my first aeonic, I was mad at all the people engaging the dragon from behind, until one of the Inquisition guys (Erra <3) explained to me how much better and more efficient it is to attack from behind the dragon to avoid terror / sleep and get max points. Eventually most players followed suit, and domain invasion worked out pretty well. The right set of trusts as well made a big difference, the more people used Selhteus the more AOE heals took place, making the damage taken a complete joke. The dragons also had a pretty good chunk of HP, so you would rarely leave with less than 1000 beads.

Moving forward, SE decided to make several adjustments to Domain Invasion, one of which was reducing the dragon's HP if I remember correctly, that made it really hard to get 1k points because the enemy died too quickly.

It's *** now how players are forced put up with sleep / terror, weak enemy (less beads). The grief is real, the troll is real.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2022-06-10 13:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Lusiphur said: »

This can technically be dealt with thanks to 3rd party tools if they're so inclined.

Shooting the messenger is half the problem. You may not like it but Mireu Spike Flail griefing wasn’t just an Asura problem. The amount of people stumping for Razma was ridiculous to the point that Spicyryan actually tried to make the case that people should flail Mireu. I can only assume based on your name that you are also a moderator at r/finalfantasy11 you could have stepped in and taken the step of reigning him in but did not. Live with the consequences. You didn’t have the decency to speak up. Or do you have a defensible argument as to why causing a Mireu loss is a good thing. We would love to hear it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-10 13:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
I remember 3-4 years ago when I started farming domain invasion for my first aeonic, I was mad at all the people engaging the dragon from behind, until one of the Inquisition guys (Erra <3) explained to me how much better and more efficient it is to attack from behind the dragon to avoid terror / sleep and get max points. Eventually most players followed suit, and domain invasion worked out pretty well. The right set of trusts as well made a big difference, the more people used Selhteus the more AOE heals took place, making the damage taken a complete joke. The dragons also had a pretty good chunk of HP, so you would rarely leave with less than 1000 beads.

Moving forward, SE decided to make several adjustments to Domain Invasion, one of which was reducing the dragon's HP if I remember correctly, that made it really hard to get 1k points because the enemy died too quickly.

It's *** now how players are forced put up with sleep / terror, weak enemy (less beads). The grief is real, the troll is real.

Completely agreed with everything here. I’ve been fighting DI dragons from the rear for years because it’s easier, and nobody complained about flails from the lower 3. Now the changes made make these fights slightly more annoying to deal with. Again, Mireu makes perfect sense. But the other 3 dragons as collateral damage is the part we all disagree with
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 13:30:00
Link | Citer | R

I don't really understand why the *** flail is like 30 yalm AOE in the first place, instead of ya know, a conal tail swipe. Like Zilants do. Same ***. Dancing tail. Or hydras, serpentine tail. Khims, plague swipe. Cerbs, scorching lash.

I feel like that was always stupid.

"the lore" is "oh I guess if I can't bite you I use tail" ok, but tail hits the whole arena, so why ever not use tail.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-06-10 13:31:20
Link | Citer | R

The ffxi team at SE has officially lived long enough to see themselves become the villain lol answering trolling with trolling
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 13:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Spike flail has been a problem forever, I remember people would try cure tanks fighting nid to get on the hate list and then and cure bomb / invincible behind the dragon to try cause wipes.

Or train spiders through it while they were fighting to make it move and trigger a SF.
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-06-10 14:10:11
Link | Citer | R

I can't believe this, Sandworm has been warping people for years and now people want to start complaining about the mechanic. smh
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-10 14:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Master Level 33 -> 34 is almost 400k exemplar points, but at least the increase per level seems to be gently decreasing:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Master_Levels

Maybe something around 600k exemplar points to get from 39 to 40?

Something like "it takes as many exemplar points to get from 30 to 40 as it did from 1 to 30?"
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-06-10 14:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Something like "it takes as many exemplar points to get from 30 to 40 as it did from 1 to 30?"

I suspected that would roughly be the ratio we'd end up with when they first announced Mlvl 40. That's an awful lot of grinding for those last few levels. They definitely intended this to be a long term project. I dread to think what the final push from M40 to M50 will look like.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-10 15:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Master Level 33 -> 34 is almost 400k exemplar points, but at least the increase per level seems to be gently decreasing:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Master_Levels

Maybe something around 600k exemplar points to get from 39 to 40?

And ML50 will require the amount of XP required to go from 1 to 2100 ML40!
 Asura.Embs
user: Emba
By Asura.Embs 2022-06-10 15:02:31
Link | Citer | R

I genuinely feel remorse for the whole spike flail bit now since SE somehow made things worse. Their solution is fine if only for Mireu but to apply that standard to the other 3 is pretty ridiculous. One can only hope they hotfix it so the whole warping business is only applicable to Mireu and not the regular 119 Wyrms.

Flailing was a mechanic that needed to be legitimately addressed but the solution is utterly ridiculous since it only punishes folks trying to farm beads via the 119 Wyrms.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-10 15:04:22
Link | Citer | R

I feel they didn't go far enough with just a measly warp, should of been warp followed by a forced 5 minute terror or forced DC.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2022-06-10 15:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Embs said: »
I genuinely feel remorse for the whole spike flail bit now since SE somehow made things worse. Their solution is fine if only for Mireu but to apply that standard to the other 3 is pretty ridiculous. One can only hope they hotfix it so the whole warping business is only applicable to Mireu and not the regular 119 Wyrms.

Flailing was a mechanic that needed to be legitimately addressed but the solution is utterly ridiculous since it only punishes folks trying to farm beads via the 119 Wyrms.
"I never knew a company that has a habit of fixing things by making it worse for everyone would actually make things worse."
[+]
By Razma 2022-06-10 15:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if fealty blocks warp?
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-06-10 15:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Warp is Enhancing Magic, so you prevent it with /blockaid.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 15:39:25
Link | Citer | R

People causing the spike flails should of had more sense, they did it to such a degree they had to do something.

When you make the developers do something, you probably won't like the result.

Shinryu is another example, people lost their minds about having to wait to enter when the queues would of dropped if you just waited a few weeks.

Now we have the "fix" forever.
By Draylo 2022-06-10 15:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Yeap and then they still complain, the lesson is never learned lol. I hated that Shinryu change, I knew people were overexaggerating the wait for something brand new.
 Asura.Akkarinn
user: Camosan
By Asura.Akkarinn 2022-06-10 15:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Not sure who's maintaining BGWiki (I'm lazy) but here's what I've got so far, beyond what I've already seen shared in the thread:

M35-36: 473,392
M36-37: 509,085
M37-38: 542,995
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-06-10 16:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone recorded the number of points needed from 34-35?
 Bahamut.Kacil
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-06-10 16:07:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious what mobs will check as at ML 40
By Tokimemofan 2022-06-10 16:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Embs said: »

Too little too late. You and Razma did far more damage to bead farming than this nerf. When I came to Asura I respected you and actually found you to be rather cool. You could have been the better person and told Razma to stop. Instead you took part in the trolling. Somehow beads matter but Domain points don’t.

Razma said: »
Good grief. Still trying to find a way to flail Mireu. Checkmate, you lose. I actually flailed nags raja last night for science. It doesn’t seem to be a spell warp. Everyone is tired of this. See you Monday.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-06-10 16:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Razma said: »

Honestly, respect for sticking with the bit
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 16:27:23
Link | Citer | R

If you want them to potentially change this on lower tier di dragons, make a post on the official forums about why.

There isn't much chance they will change it, but there is as much as there ever will be if you make the case for it asap after they did this.

They do read posts there.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10