Who All Got The Banhammer This Time?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who all got the banhammer this time?
Who all got the banhammer this time?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-02-25 12:38:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
I tried reading a few key threads I remember from the Unicorn forums....

It might be for the best if they were lost to time. Some things are better left in the past. So much drama.
But the drama was the best part.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-25 12:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
But the drama was the best part.

Hahaha, yeah. But I never liked soap operas and if those old forms had been aired on television they would have probably run General Hospital out of business.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-25 15:42:00
Link | Citer | R

I concur with the pov that SE has lost nothing in the scope of these "reported" bans. An even if the RMT or cheaters get ban'd they just buy new game keys an pop open a new financial account an whaddya know.. SE profits "more".

Even the url to their special task is dead an gone. The only people losing anything if ever are the legit players. By saying this it doesn't mean I condone cheating/RMT - only that the legit players are on the losing side.

If you try contacting the GM's in game they claim to be headed to investigate any claim you bring to their table but hours, days, weeks, months, years later most are still there.

(They should rename the report feature to the "help SE make more $" feature.. because that's all your doing with that function)

I stopped using the report feature over 16 years ago for 95% of anything reportable because there is nothing you can do to stop someone unless they are "clearly and openly" violating rules 'infront of a bunch of people'.. THEN and only then.. will the GM's do anything 'real' about it. Go ahead an disagree with me about this.. I know someone will.

The in-game report feature is and always has been/will be a joke.
Therefor this thread is a joke.

I'm only here as a passerby. Cya.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2020-02-25 16:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Waterdust said: »
I concur with the pov that SE has lost nothing in the scope of these "reported" bans. An even if the RMT or cheaters get ban'd they just buy new game keys an pop open a new financial account an whaddya know.. SE profits "more".

Even the url to their special task is dead an gone. The only people losing anything if ever are the legit players. By saying this it doesn't mean I condone cheating/RMT - only that the legit players are on the losing side.

If you try contacting the GM's in game they claim to be headed to investigate any claim you bring to their table but hours, days, weeks, months, years later most are still there.

(They should rename the report feature to the "help SE make more $" feature.. because that's all your doing with that function)

I stopped using the report feature over 16 years ago for 95% of anything reportable because there is nothing you can do to stop someone unless they are "clearly and openly" violating rules 'infront of a bunch of people'.. THEN and only then.. will the GM's do anything 'real' about it. Go ahead an disagree with me about this.. I know someone will.

The in-game report feature is and always has been/will be a joke.
Therefor this thread is a joke.

I'm only here as a passerby. Cya.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html

Yeah, GM "investigations" almost never really happened. We had a Japanese guy on our server who used to bot kings and it never went away until he stopped playing.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-25 16:41:23
Link | Citer | R

Oh the link works again? Weird.. it always gave me a page error whenever I went looking for it.. I think the report is about as honest as a typical US Politician.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-25 16:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Thats really not how this works.... it is never a higher profit to ban and hope to sell more product off of rebuys. If it were profitable, it would be the standard business practice. You lose sales and profits doing this.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-25 17:19:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Thats really not how this works.... it is never a higher profit to ban and hope to sell more product off of rebuys. If it were profitable, it would be the standard business practice. You lose sales and profits doing this.

Yeah? Someone go look up the profits report by Square and Blizzard while their at it an get back to this guys claim.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-25 17:29:42
Link | Citer | R

? Their profit claims have zero to do with whether or not banning players leads to more profits (it doesnt).

Not a single business on this planet thinks banning people somehow earns them higher revenue from the players they ban. Its not a thing, else you would see companies ban literally their entire playerbase to increase profits.
By Shichishito 2020-02-25 17:43:24
Link | Citer | R

RMT will return no matter how many times you ban them as long as they still return a acceptable profit.
if SE wants to maximise their profit they probably not want to ban them instantly but instead leave them alone just barely long enough to earn their chump change and stay interested in returning. what you don't want to do however is leave them untouched for 3 years straight cause that leaves a bad impression on the regular players and you'll lose subscribers on that side.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 17:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Every time they've banned me, they made more money, just sayin.

I'm not a normal case though, lol. For every account they ban I make two to replace it.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-25 17:50:35
Link | Citer | R

SE should just sell gil and get it over with already, can't compete against someone who can just poof a billion gil into existence in an instant.

Bots would be gone, people can still buy gil, SE sees a huge boost to revenue. Everyone wins.

I mean, 20 years of RMT, that is an inconceivable amount of real money that they let other people leech from their game. It is insane how much real dollars the RMT industry has made since the concept first came out.

SE is shooting themselves in the foot, and letting other people generate extreme amounts of profit off their backs.

One RMT account making thousands upon thousand of dollars, SE is happy with their 15$ a month as their share of the profit, kinda crazy.

I guarantee RMT have made thousands of times more money off of the entire existence of XI than SE has.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-25 17:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Bots would be gone

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 18:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Couple points worth noting, first square absolutely never makes good decisions. Literally never. Given options they always opt for the worse answer.

They've got dozens of other games having already learned all these lessons already and they just ignore all that free info.

If a cash market existed, it wouldn't change anything. Do you think rmt are going to stop making free money? they'll just drop the price. It would have to drop below 5c per mil to be no longer worthwhile. and at that point no one is ever going to do anything again because for $5 you can buy literally anything.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-25 18:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Guess I don't follow, they could go crazy ban happy on anyone attempting it even if they tried to undercut the official prices, because well, they wouldn't have to worry about losing out on all that sub money anymore which seems to be what everyone assumes is happening with the current apathy toward this infestation.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 18:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Let's say they announce tomorrow zero tolerance and opening a gil cash shop.

Bot clip automate buy or sell instant ban starting tomorrow. Who's going to keep paying to play that way? Sounds like millions of dollars flying away to me.

They've got a good thing going where they just look the other way.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-25 18:11:30
Link | Citer | R

So pay to win is acceptable only if it's not the actual company that owns the IP doing it? Many people would still play, many more would actually buy the gil. So the idea that everyone playing the game is hacking and botting their way along is absurd
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-25 18:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Inflation is happening now, what's the difference?
By Shichishito 2020-02-25 18:18:00
Link | Citer | R

there are dozens of MMOs with real money shops that didn't last 3 months. real money shops have pay2win written all over them which ususally isn't well perceived, especially not in conjunction with sub fees. thats why SE invented this werid mix of events with rewards that scale with the amount multiboxes you run. despite beeing pay2win with extra steps it seems to be accepted by a bigger group of players than ingame shops are.

if we consider a large amount of mercs are also rmt the ingame shop would break the gil triangle. (player buys gil -> pays merc for service -> merc sells gil back to player), mercs might die out cause they couldn't compete with SEs prices and in a game with RARE/EX gear and no mercs the incentive to buy gil would suddenly decrease so they might even make more cash with their pay2win with extra steps concept.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-25 18:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
there are dozens of MMOs with real money shops that didn't last 3 months. real money shops have pay2win written all over them which ususally isn't well perceived, especially not in conjunction with sub fees. thats why SE invented this werid mix of events with rewards that scale with the amount multiboxes you run. despite beeing pay2win with extra steps it seems to be accepted by a bigger group of players than ingame shops are.

if we consider a large amount of mercs are also rmt the ingame shop would break the gil triangle. (player buys gil -> pays merc for service -> merc sells gil back to player), mercs might die out cause they couldn't compete with SEs prices and in a game with RARE/EX gear and no mercs the incentive to buy gil would suddenly decrease so they might even make more cash with their pay2win with extra steps concept.

This is also absurd. People paying mercs to just sell their gil right back to them, I mean, c'mon. Get your act together people, you are being played hard.

Here's a scenario, player buys gil, pays mercs, mercs pay each other to Merc all the things. It's not a gil triangle, it's a *** shell game. Triangle implies 3 or more parties are mutually accomplishing their goals based around the success of the other party involved.

Player to Merc then selling right back to player is monopoly and possibly some sort of ponze-esque scheme.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-25 18:26:56
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Inflation is happening now, what's the difference?
People are doing this intentionally, it's not general inflation.

People are price fixing intentionally, because inflation has bloated server gil levels to the point that people don't even care what it costs.

That is not inflation dude. That is a symptom of it.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-25 18:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Every time they've banned me, they made more money, just sayin.

I'm not a normal case though, lol. For every account they ban I make two to replace it.

-Does the secret Hydra handshake too for the l0lz
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-02-25 18:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Player to Merc then selling right back to player is monopoly and possibly some sort of ponze-esque scheme.
i 100% agree, it's stupid. then again we are talking about ppl who pay other ppl to play a game for them. stupidity seems to be more of a requirement than a hinderance.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 18:38:18
Link | Citer | R

Low IQ is very much required equipment for an MMO

The other thing, the cycle, as it were. This is why sinks are supposed to exist. And why sparks are bad.

Bot creates billions, sells billions to player, player pays merc, merc sells gil back to player, player pays merc. It never goes away. Highly flawed and extremely obvious flaw.

You have to take gil out faster than sparks creates it, a literal impossibility.
 Asura.Rmtwhiss
By Asura.Rmtwhiss 2020-02-25 18:39:51
Link | Citer | R

***, they got me. I was drifting around Bastok Mines like its Mario kart.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-25 19:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
RMT will return no matter how many times you ban them as long as they still return a acceptable profit.
if SE wants to maximise their profit they probably not want to ban them instantly but instead leave them alone just barely long enough to earn their chump change and stay interested in returning. what you don't want to do however is leave them untouched for 3 years straight cause that leaves a bad impression on the regular players and you'll lose subscribers on that side.

It still takes resources to make those bans. Given SE has largely ceased banning them, we can reasonably conclude banning RMT is less profitable than actively pursuing them and banning them, given the cost of the resources needed to do so.
By Shichishito 2020-02-25 19:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You have to take gil out faster than sparks creates it, a literal impossibility.
but how do you ensure that gil sink only hits those partaking in this circle jerk? if that gil sink would also affect legit players their gil would melt to zero in no time.

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
It still takes resources to make those bans. Given SE has largely ceased banning them, we can reasonably conclude banning RMT is less profitable than actively pursuing them and banning them, given the cost of the resources needed to do so.
i don't think auto ban is very resource hungry since it is automated and apparently they recently reactivated auto ban so that conclusion might be a fallacy.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11