Forget the prequel I want the shitty rebootquel
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-07 10:27:44
Link | Citer | R

once more since it appears to be a difficult concept for some to grasp:

Stop mentioning Gain-EXP results as being fake if all you do is sell shields. Until you start selling prize powder and warping the second accolades are capped, not sparks, you'll never match the numbers being mentioned. If you're only selling shields, good luck breaking 8mil/gain per char, and realistically more like 6-7mil/gain per char.

In the time you fill sparks to dump you could have filled accolades twice. This means the kills that you take home 1 mil in shields gil from, those of us selling both accolades and sparks have taken home 3 mil. More dump time yes, but not impossible and still far ahead of just converting shields.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-02-07 10:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
once more since it appears to be a difficult concept for some to grasp:

Stop mentioning Gain-EXP results as being fake if all you do is sell shields. Until you start selling prize powder and warping the second accolades are capped, not sparks, you'll never match the numbers being mentioned. If you're only selling shields, good luck breaking 8mil/gain per char, and realistically more like 6-7mil/gain per char.

In the time you fill sparks to dump you could have filled accolades twice. This means the kills that you take home 1 mil in shields gil from, those of us selling both accolades and sparks have taken home 3 mil. More dump time yes, but not impossible and still far ahead of just converting shields.

Not to play devil’s advocate, but my 10-12m runs are entirely on shields with my group. ~20 minutes to cap, 2~3 minutes to dump since we’re only buying gobbiekeys with accs. We’re back out there almost immediately to fill up again.

It’s doable so long as everyone is actively there for 4 hours and doesn’t drag their feet to get back to camp.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-07 11:04:20
Link | Citer | R

impressive.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-02-07 11:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Why wait til Monday night, Wednesday afternoon or Sunday morning for Gain-Money when Brosale is open 24/7?
Filthy casuals
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-02-07 11:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget to use code BR74

....... COME ON!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-02-07 11:31:12
Link | Citer | R

My greatest problem is finding a good camp that will allow me kill the magic 125 mobs without competition.

Once pchan mentioned incursion, i never tried that but anyone else has experience cleaving there?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-02-07 11:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
My greatest problem is finding a good camp that will allow me kill the magic 125 mobs without competition.

Once pchan mentioned incursion, i never tried that but anyone else has experience cleaving there?

I have heard of people going into Omen and doing small lights runs during GE. Granted your tags wouldn’t last all 4 hours, but it does give you your own personal camp for a chunk of the time.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-02-07 11:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Reading this thread:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-02-07 12:02:18
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr

Shichishito wants crafters to take years to make crafting shields, farming orbs without bots or multi boxing. Then they have to pay for materials and craft neck +2's and rostams just to sell these to them for a price that's less than what one would make farming badly for less than 16 hours/month.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-07 15:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Shichishito wants crafters to take years to make crafting shields, farming orbs without bots or multi boxing.

imho reason the final stage of craft shields is that awful is only due to the % of total players using hardcore cheats has been steadily rising over the years. since they "can't" ban sufficently anymore; the argument here beeing they'd run out of funds to keep the game going; they have to balance around that situation.

also Staleyx, Eiryl and me had something beautiful going on and you you guys ruined it!
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-07 15:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Shichishito wants crafters to take years to make crafting shields, farming orbs without bots or multi boxing.

imho reason the final stage of craft shields is that awful is only due to the % of total players using hardcore cheats has been steadily rising over the years. since they "can't" ban sufficently anymore; the argument here beeing they'd run out of funds to keep the game going; they have to balance around that situation.

also Staleyx, Eiryl and me had something beautiful going on and you you guys ruined it!
No, the only reasons the shields are so awful to complete are because
Quote:
You will need to build your Spirit up to 100,000 to obtain your Apex Crystal
and the materials are awful to farm.

The reason we already have so many shields completed is because people multi-boxing and probably also botting have locked down large amounts of space to ensure a single shield is getting a decent % of the materials that the server can produce in a day.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-02-07 15:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Naw the reason SE decided to make making them such a grind is much simpler. These were designed specifically because of how huge advantage Kupo shield gave people who got lucky enough to win the bonanza. And complaints had been quite vocal... but at the same time you couldn't make getting it so easy that it effectively invalidates the prizes these people choose
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-07 16:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »

No, the only reasons the shields are so awful to complete are because
Quote:
You will need to build your Spirit up to 100,000 to obtain your Apex Crystal
and the materials are awful to farm.

The reason we already have so many shields completed is because people multi-boxing and probably also botting have locked down large amounts of space to ensure a single shield is getting a decent % of the materials that the server can produce in a day.
Fact. Even without botting its mind plus soul crushing. The process is hard period has nothing to do with botting.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-07 16:13:45
Link | Citer | R

I stand by the statement that no one should ever make those shields without bots. You would have to be incredibly stupid, or insanely bored to even consider it.

it's just like fishing in game. Has a use... but damn, it's a waste of life to do it manually.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-07 16:27:50
Link | Citer | R

mmo devs always have the panic that people finish their content goals and quit befor they have fresh content ready, so they create very grindy tasks and bottle necks to stretch the goal.

if you host a marathon and everyone suddenly uses cars to reach the finish line and you can't disqualify them what do you do? you extend the distance they have to travel so the people are still entertained for the expected duration they paid for.

the devs could have instead asked for just 25.000 points, enhance drop rate or make them drop from mobs with faster repops. causality...
By Afania 2019-02-07 17:25:34
Link | Citer | R

mmo devs always have the panic that people finish their content goals and quit befor they have fresh content ready, so they create very grindy tasks and bottle necks to stretch the goal.

if you host a marathon and everyone suddenly uses cars to reach the finish line and you can't disqualify them what do you do? you extend the distance they have to travel so the people are still entertained for the expected duration they paid for.

Why do you feel the need to win a marathon in a mmo though?
By fonewear 2019-02-07 17:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I stand by the statement that no one should ever make those shields without bots. You would have to be incredibly stupid, or insanely bored to even consider it.

it's just like fishing in game. Has a use... but damn, it's a waste of life to do it manually.

I don't know incredibly stupid seems to be the norm on Asura.
By clearlyamule 2019-02-07 17:43:06
Link | Citer | R

A better analogy would be some people are using PEDs... and just like botting it is punishable when found.
By Shichishito 2019-02-07 17:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Why do you feel the need to win a marathon in a mmo though?

i'm not after winning a marthon. my point is when hardcore cheats became socially acceptable the game design changed with it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-07 18:41:57
Link | Citer | R

must be so wonderful to live in such a simple world where the answer to everything is "its botting's fault".
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-07 19:08:07
Link | Citer | R

must be wonderful if downplaying and sugarcoating ill behaviour is enough to convince yourself cheating is not a issue.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-07 19:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
must be so wonderful to live in such a simple world where the answer to everything is "its botting's fault".
Well when they can’t even play the game in general well...
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2019-02-07 19:53:01
Link | Citer | R

At this point in the games history, I would work to accept and overcome it. Maybe work on some crafting or something to take advantage of the higher prices.

Don't expect SE to swoop in and remove at least half of their subscription revenue.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-02-07 20:08:34
Link | Citer | R

SE absolutely swoops in and removes botters and rmts when they can be reasonably certain and don't fear losing subscriptions because lets face they will be back
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-07 20:28:31
Link | Citer | R

There's random price hiking going on with hpb. I have noticed this at specific times today. People trying to artificially set prices higher, perhaps to justify bazaars. Just can't play into that game and have to wait then out.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-02-07 20:42:59
Link | Citer | R

must be wonderful if downplaying and sugarcoating ill behaviour is enough to convince yourself cheating is not a issue.
At this point, who cares if there are bots (I say this as someone who uses vanilla pol). Bots make shields, they buy our crafting materials and sell us HQ gear. If they were gone, the whole economy would collapse and would need to be rebuilt. Just let it go.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-07 21:05:57
Link | Citer | R

At this point, who cares if there are bots (I say this as someone who uses vanilla pol). Bots make shields, they buy our crafting materials and sell us HQ gear. If they were gone, the whole economy would collapse and would need to be rebuilt. Just let it go.
Valid points.
By kishr 2019-02-07 21:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Just remove the ah and let's make another thread to *** about something else instead.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7