Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » people hiking up prices on ah
people hiking up prices on ah
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 23:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Thats what I did for my alt, Thats what a TON of people do with there alts. No situational issues, No "job not needed this month" issue.

guess what job has a absolute surplus by now to the point you aren't anything special even with a ergon equiped?

the times where a idris geo always had a foot in the door are over.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-02-05 23:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
in my experience 4-5 mil of sparks is more reasonable estimation and only if you farm the full 4 hours each time nonestop at a empty camp.

You experience does not mean ppl are not better at it.
10-12mill gill per character per gains exp if camp is free is my ussual gain from it
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-06 00:27:06
Link | Citer | R

Thats what I did for my alt, Thats what a TON of people do with there alts. No situational issues, No "job not needed this month" issue.

guess what job has a absolute surplus by now to the point you aren't anything special even with a ergon equiped?

the times where a idris geo always had a foot in the door are over.

says who? This month inparticular I did exactly what I just said, also, Thats why I said make your own ambu parties.. or are you one of those people afraid to lead?
By Shichishito 2019-02-06 00:29:45
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
in my experience 4-5 mil of sparks is more reasonable estimation and only if you farm the full 4 hours each time nonestop at a empty camp.

10-12mill gill per character per gains exp if camp is free is my ussual gain from it

the 4-5 mil from sparks are garunteed. geas fete trigger market was ruined quite a while ago and don't sell even remotely as fast as they used to so whats left are gobby keys for accolades which is pure gambling.

for me a dry streak of 100-200 gobby keys filled with crap was no rarity. its a bad habit around here to take the max they ever made and mistaken it with the average.

Quote:
10-12mill gill per character

multiboxing is a completely different game and even then 10-12mil/character on average sounds more like a pipe dream than reality.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-06 00:33:53
Link | Citer | R

the 4-5 mil from sparks are garunteed. geas fete trigger market was ruined quite a while ago and don't sell even remotely as fast as they used to so whats left are gobby keys for accolades which is pure gambling.

for me a dry streak of 100-200 gobby keys filled with crap was no rarity. its a bad habit around here to take the max they ever made and mistaken it with the average.

Quote:

multiboxing is a completely different game and even then 10-12mil/character on average sounds more like a pipe dream than reality.

The fact your gambling with gobbie keys.. No wonder you only make 4mil
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-02-06 00:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

10-12m is literally my average as well, no multiboxing. Just a group of people gathering mobs and AOEing them. 99k sparks every 20mins
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-06 00:51:06
Link | Citer | R

says who? This month inparticular I did exactly what I just said, also, Thats why I said make your own ambu parties.. or are you one of those people afraid to lead?

personal experience. on my server GEO is probably the first spot filled in every party, might be different on asura. for shout parties (joining or building yourself) you end up 95% of the time with 5 players sporting a mix of sparks and ambuscade +1 armor - you can be glad if you clear easy-normal in under 15 minutes.

the "good" players almost all exclusively play in closed groups which only accept other players if one of their homies quit. also you are always required to turn 2 blind eyes on stuff like JA0wait, position/speed hacks or any of that jazz, which is and always will be a deal breaker for me.

unfortunately there is no middle ground.
By Afania 2019-02-06 00:51:58
Link | Citer | R

folks i know, y'all
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
if ambu is situational and your job doesn't work, take the 3 weeks needed to make a job capable of D level ambscade.

and again downplaying the effort to make it look pretty. lets forget for a second that once you done spending those 3 weeks to build the ideal job for this months ambu the month is over. if you bring a job you only invested 3 weeks of gearing your aren't going to do V1 D, your going to do normal at best, and if your team mates show up with juobs they put equaly amount of effort into your stuck at V1 easy unless the month is a breeze.

Ive done 5-10 min VD runs with gears like this.
ItemSet 364897

In PUG.

It took me 2 days to get the necessary gears.

Its used in 80% of months.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-06 00:54:00
Link | Citer | R

personal experience. on my server GEO is probably the first spot filled in every party, might be different on asura. for shout parties (joining or building yourself) you end up 95% of the time with 5 players sporting a mix of sparks and ambuscade +1 armor - you can be glad if you clear easy-normal in under 15 minutes.

the "good" players almost all exclusively play in closed groups which only accept other players if one of their homies quit. also you are always required to turn 2 blind eyes on stuff like JA0wait, position/speed hacks or any of that jazz, which is and always will be a deal breaker for me.

unfortunately there is no middle ground.

Dont blame the market for being on a low pop server.. if all you can find is sparks gear dd's then move servers..

and if you leave groups because someone else is using J0Wait, thats just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... Why do you care. How does it effect you at all. Mind ya business. Playing with hackers wont get you banned. Make your money, move on and...

By Shichishito 2019-02-06 01:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
10-12m is literally my average as well, no multiboxing. Just a group of people gathering mobs and AOEing them. 99k sparks every 20mins

are you sure its 99k SPARKS in 20 mins, not just accolades?
even with kupofried, a cor and 2 good pullers with the entire camp to ourselfs (which never happens) i wouldn't see me pulling 10-12mil average. not in zitah, not in ru'aun and neither in reisenjima.

then again the last couple of times i joined a gain exp group i ended up pulling/killing solo while the rest went afk or chatting on their mules.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-02-06 01:18:52
Link | Citer | R

even with kupofried, a cor and 2 good pullers with the entire camp to ourselfs (which never happens) i wouldn't see me pulling 10-12mil average. not in zitah, not in ru'aun and neither in reisenjima.

then again the last couple of times i joined a gain exp group i ended up pulling/killing solo while the rest went afk or chatting on their mules.
100% sure. Accolades cap in 10 minutes, sparks in 20.

As long as you don't have too many people where your XP per kill drops under 5k, 10-12m runs are completely feasible. 2 PLDs pulling, 1 solid BLU one-shotting, a healer, and whatever else you can find that'll help like COR for Wizard's/Corsair's Roll or a GEO.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-06 01:24:39
Link | Citer | R

There are two paradigms for FFXI players:

Paradigm One:
Players who multi box, hack, and/or bot; at this point in the game, the general consensus, its totally okay it seems, so not even going to argue that.

With this paradigm, the expected market nature and economy will definitely cause some concerns on the aggregate demand, causing inflation, even if these items aren't durable/important.

Paradigm Two:
Players who play a single character, play casually, and/or during events only; at this point in the game, the general consensus, its totally weird it seems, and people usually expect you to multi-box, play more, or have 5 well-geared jobs.

With this paradigm, the expected market nature and economy will have almost a negligible effect on the aggregate demand, and by association, inflation is kept to its minimum.

Some Conclusions:
Most people, don't seem to understand that, having these two paradigms simultaneously, causes the [Gini Index] to have a really high value, almost close to (70-80)% just by taking the AVG of a multi-boxer to a single player, on an AVG server.

I would expect however, with time, the gap between these two paradigms, will be big enough to erase paradigm two, and that entails, most "single players" will have to make a decision, to multi-box, quit, or accept the fact that their horizontal/vertical progression will take considerably longer.

In any decision, you would still face threads like this, which is totally okay and natural.
By Shichishito 2019-02-06 01:25:39
Link | Citer | R

Why do you care. How does it effect you at all. Mind ya business. Playing with hackers wont get you banned.

it has something to do with having standards and to pass on a potential gain if people don't live up to them.

how do i explain this to a asuran...
think of a ambu shout with REMA as min requirment and if you don't meet those you won't get invited.

now think of the REMA min requirement equating to my standards regarding hardcore cheating.
By Shichishito 2019-02-06 01:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
most "single players" will have to make a decision, to multi-box, quit, or accept the fact that their horizontal/vertical progression will take considerably longer.

you can also temporarily quit for a couple of years and return when content becomes soloable that previously used to be a brick wall.

but thats pretty much what it boils down to.

the last players will be 6-18 multiboxers who never realised there aren't any players left to sell their gil to.
By Afania 2019-02-06 02:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Paradigm Two:
Players who play a single character, play casually, and/or during events only; at this point in the game, the general consensus, its totally weird it seems, and people usually expect you to multi-box, play more, or have 5 well-geared jobs.

Are there any real reason to have 5+ well geared jobs or multibox though? I dont find the incentive to do it.

Ive never get asked to multi box nor have 5 well geared jobs. And from what ive seen in most of wave 3 runs its always same peep on the same job role. The best dd players are never asked to play geo for wave 3 and the best whm players are almost always on whm. The only time I ever see job role got changed happens when people want to take a break from their main job. And even then it mostly happen in farming runs.

Last time when I leveled whm for event I got told to come cor to wave 3 runs anyways. I ended up having to make my own ambu pt and save a whm slot for myself so I can play it. (Then my pt member will push me to cor role every once a while if they get a chance)

"Need 5+ jobs for endgame!!!!" Seems like a myth to me. Most of the time people are stuck on the best role for them in a group.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-06 02:59:22
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
"Need 5+ jobs for endgame!!!!" Seems like a myth to me. Most of the time people are stuck on the best role for them in a group.

thats only the case if you are fortunate enough to have a static group of people and doing content that pretty much requires to bring your strongest job.

as soon as you deal with shout parties or someone is after a particular clear/gearing a new job you'll have to deal with job switching.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-06 03:06:00
Link | Citer | R

Ive never get asked to multi box nor have 5 well geared jobs. And from what ive seen in most of wave 3 runs its always same peep on the same job role.

As much as I value your input.. on AVG~

Using the words "never" and "always" begets the notion of hyperbole in your statements.

It's definitely not a myth to have 5 well-geared jobs, more so; when you notice that nearly every recruiting end-game LS, ask for the ability to cover [Support, DPS, Healing, and Tanking], it seems to me, just because you're on COR 80% of the time [which covers both roles extremely well these days], you restored to that conclusion based off your own narrative.

Furthermore, its a decision after all, one can take it, or simply leave.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-06 03:09:31
Link | Citer | R

thats only the case if you are fortunate enough to have a static group of people and doing content that pretty much requires to bring your strongest job.

Countless times, in static groups, Healers or Tanks, ask to come something else after a considerable time coming as such in events, and this happens with even the oldest groups in Game, not just a simple PUG or Shout.
By Afania 2019-02-06 03:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Ive never get asked to multi box nor have 5 well geared jobs. And from what ive seen in most of wave 3 runs its always same peep on the same job role.

As much as I value your input..

Using the words "never" and "always" begets the notion of hyperbole in your statements.

It't definitely not a myth to have 5 well-geared jobs, more so when you notice that nearly every recruiting end-game LS, ask for the ability to cover [Support, DPS, Healing, and Taking], it seems to me, just because you're on COR 80% of the time [which covers both roles extremely well these days], you restored to that conclusion based off your own narrative.

You guys make it sound like unless someone has Support, DPS, Healing, and Tanking they can never do endgame. But seriously, how many ls out there are full of alliance of super player with all roles?

I have 2 endgame ls, and vast majority of people that I know of thats in it has 2 roles max, and arent even elite at them. Pretty much only "core" people of the ls has 2+ well geared roles, everyone only use 1-2 endgame functional jobs.

Having 5 roles is convinient if you try to pug, which I can probably agree. But its convinience, not requirement.

Quote:
just because you're on COR 80% of the time

Nah, I can come whatever job I want if I really ask for it, but there are no real incentive to unless I want to take a break with jobs.

If I dont tank there are 10 people that can(and tank better than me), if I dont heal there are 10 people that can(and heal better than me too). If I dont DD there are 30 rema DD aimimg for a dd slot lol. Its more like if I play any other role Im gimping the pt so......
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-06 03:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Exactly, its another option for convenience, same as multi-boxing, quitting, or leech a Core team who are bored enough to carry you.

None of the statements made, hint towards it being a "requirement".
By Afania 2019-02-06 03:29:33
Link | Citer | R

You guys make it sound like an "expectation" though.

I wouldnt say its leeching off core team either, since wave 3 favors bigger alliance there are plenty of slots for people that just want to come thf rdm geo and do 1 thing in entire run.
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-02-06 03:33:26
Link | Citer | R

As much as I value your input.. on AVG~

It's definitely not a myth to have 5 well-geared jobs, more so, when you notice that nearly every recruiting end-game LS, ask for the ability to cover [Support, DPS, Healing, and Tanking], it seems to me, just because you're on COR 80% of the time [which covers both roles extremely well these days], you restored to that conclusion based off your own narrative.

Furthermore, its a decision after all, one can take it, or simply leave.

Rolls in the game: Tank, DPS, Support, Healer. At most, there's an expectation to fill 4 jobs, not 5. And realistically, jobs like RUN, COR, and RDM can fill two of those rolls quite well. Do RDM + COR, and you're filling DPS, Tank, and Support-- and you get to share a metric ton of gear between them. Add WHM (arguably the cheapest job in the game to get to end-game levels), and you're talking two jobs that share much of their gear and a third that's super cheap, and you fill every roll that's needed. If none of those are your cup of tea, have 2 of 'em, anyway-- it'll help you gear the job you love up to the point where you (almost, you pendant) always get asked to come on what you want to play.

It's not hard.

To be clear: that's an "at most"-- I've yet to be in an LS that demanded more than one roll be... adequate. And there isn't any game content my groups haven't done.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-06 03:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Okay, maybe its much simpler to categorize them this way:

Group Activity: current meta in LS recruiting, encourages "single players" to cover [Support, DPS, Healing, Tanking] irrespective of gear requirements, taste, skill, and how they all overlap.

Solo Activity: You basically gravitate towards the most durable, drama free, solid jobs, that can get you what you want; be that Gil, Mats, or Upgrades. I could think of many jobs, I personally do everything on either DNC, COR, or DRG.

Your horizontal/vertical progression is heavily tied to these two activities, and can't just assume, if you don't want to follow Paradigm One, it will be all cool, not thinking about covering these roles.
By Kazaki 2019-02-06 04:17:29
Link | Citer | R

It's almost like it's a marketplace run by real people or something wtf /s
[+]
 Sylph.Pankas
Serveur: Sylph
user: Pankas
By Sylph.Pankas 2019-02-06 05:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Sparks are the evil of all evils, because everything can be bought, and it doesn't matter what is the price.
Stop analyzing your progression level, as if you hit certain gil per/hour/day/ month threshhold, price of the items becomes irrelevant.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-02-06 06:27:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

not sure what geas feta trigger market has to do with it.
its not part of my cleaving gil making
But at least you are now explaining why you are doing that low.

That you think other ppl averages are pipe dreams probably tells a lot about you and the reason you are doing poorly.
You are incapable off accepting that you can improve.

Your pride keeps you in a denial.

I know my average typical outcome is 10-12mill per character because i sometimes get to loan friends characters that i bring to leech.
i note down there starting gil, go cleave. pull out the gil increase at the end of the run.

Again you pride are not helping you.
 Sylph.Pankas
Serveur: Sylph
user: Pankas
By Sylph.Pankas 2019-02-06 06:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

not sure what geas feta trigger market has to do with it.
its not part of my cleaving gil making

But at least you are now explainng what you are oding horribel

and that you think other ppl averages are pipe dreams probably tells a lot about you and the reason you are doing poorly.
You are incapeable off accepting you can improve.

Your pride keeps you in a denial.

i know my average typical outcome is 10-12 per character because i somtimes get to loand frinds characters that i bring to leech.
i note down ther starting gil, go cleave. pull out the gil increase at the end of the run.

Again you pride are not helping you.

Again pointless argument with no outcome. Instead of wall of text just write "I'm better than you, end of story", would be the same, just less to read.
So your arrogance meets his pride and we got 3 pages of pointless discussion, where on the page second post could be written: "Supply and demand my friend"
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-02-06 06:37:31
Link | Citer | R

All this babble, just get gud, merc and make gilz. If you don't have a basically geared BLU, THF, BST, or whatever job to easily AoE and max sparks during gain xp, just put the controller down. Way too easy to make gil nowadays.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-02-06 07:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Pankas said: »
Again pointless argument with no outcome. Instead of wall of text just write "I'm better than you, end of story", would be the same, just less to read.
So your arrogance meets his pride and we got 3 pages of pointless discussion, where on the page second post could be written: "Supply and demand my friend"

Teaching somebody to look beyond his pride so he can learn from others beside just calling it ***, IS helping.

It doesn't matter how much info I toss at him if his response is just going to be "its ***", its "a pipe dream"

He never asked for an explanations because he was to busy denying the possibility of improving.

I believe its way more arrogant to bassically say "I cant; do this so nobody else can do it..." than to say "hey you can improve here because I am doing better than that"
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-02-06 07:44:33
Link | Citer | R

well lets do his math 20 mins to cleave to 99sparks
(Thats faster than me but lets do it
10mins to warp around and dump pts

Thats roghly 100k * 10.25 or 1 mill gil in 30mins
4hours of cleaving / 30mins for a cycles = 8 cycles
8 cycles *1.025 mill = 8.2mill

and thats from sparks only

my rinse/repeat cycle is a little less than 40 mins
I make around 1.8mill per cycles
4hours / 40 mins - 6cycles a gain exp time
8x 1.8mill = 10.8 mill

If the camp is free this includes timing of killing 0-2 ascended mobs for stones sacks in between pulls.

these are not counted into the gil above.
nor crystals or anything else that is not straight to npc

Also why are you in a group to begin with ?
zitah and ruaun you can definitely cleave solo.
reinsijima you might want a puller and a healer.

But im puzzled that you by you own admittance are informing that you run with ppl that are not doing a good effort of using the gainexp time. and yet you are so quickly to deny the information from people telling you they can be improvements?

"my runs are not really that optimal due to blah blah... but NOBODY can do better than me" just seems like quite an paradox
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7