kishr said: »
Is it important? not really
Buy now? = you choice

Price goes down = you gill

Learn market = win

[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 14:11:04
Link | Citer | R

that type of price pumping is a side effect of this ill marketplace ffxi is sporting for years now. only people who run bots, or other shady means of obtaining gill, are willing to overpay by that much.

creates scenarios where, if you aren't willing to resort to those methods yourself but still want a fair price, you'll be forced to wait months or years till the "elite" has finally decked out all their mules.

people here telling others to stop complaining and buying overpriced are talking past the point. the people who do overpay that high are the botters and they couldn't care less in the first place, they are usually not the ones complaining.

but hey, #botsdon'tdoanyharm!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-05 14:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
that type of price pumping is a side effect of this ill marketplace ffxi is sporting for years now. only people who run bots, or other shady means of obtaining gill, are willing to overpay by that much.

creates scenarios where, if you aren't willing to resort to those methods yourself but still want a fair price, you'll be forced to wait months or years till the "elite" has finally decked out all their mules.

people here telling others to stop complaining and buying overpriced are talking past the point. the people who do overpay that high are the botters and they couldn't care less in the first place, they are usually not the ones complaining.

but hey, #botsdon'tdoanyharm!

[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 15:00:26
Link | Citer | R

you need to gitgud @ trolling sir, your troll image reply is broken.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-05 15:37:16
Link | Citer | R

Nah its working fam...

Just your internet is cheap like yourself...
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-05 16:28:11
Link | Citer | R

I'd love to know if the people complaining even know the cost of materials and the loss per sale (IF THEY SELL) of NQs and the break even often at best of +1's...not to mention the actual HQ rates that can be expected combined with the insane gil downpayment that must be made in order to even ATTEMPT the weapons.

I always chuckle at these things like an amused father at his children when they say "daddy just pay a bazillion dollars and get the new car!" Its about on the same level of price understanding and dollar value as threads like these.

So what if they're selling to themselves to keep the prices where they want them? When you can't list items in bazaar because the going prices are less than the max allowed in a bazaar, how else can one advertise?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-02-05 16:39:36
Link | Citer | R

In the months and years you waited for a "fair" price you could've farmed the gil legitimately hundreds of times over.

This aint exactly a new thing either. Right before SoA dropped I was selling some hexed -1 pieces for prices higher than some of these +2 necks and that was a T1 crafts with only 1 HQ. And still didn't always net gil out of that. Before than waaaaaay back people would pay tons for things like HQ dusk or whatever. And all along the way people would ask for prices that would put the crafters in the hole while they of course wanted to make money.

It's more a sign of how terribly broken the crafting system is. How often nqs are at best huge losses at worse literal npcd/desynthed. And now with estrucheons how losses now play a bigger role as well as the huge upfront cost of just making those damn shields on top of the crafting itself.

Does botting cause some inflation sure. And SE has various forms of combating that too. But more importantly it also inflates the value of non npcing methods of making gil. Though just sparkings without bots is still amazing gil. Especially when you think damn at one time I fished all day for like ~2mil and at one point like half that and actually saving/farming for a good month to buy Novio
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-05 16:44:05
Link | Citer | R

It's just a perfect storm of ***. Sparks with garbage content a broken crafting system and the botpocalypse.

"completely broken" is the new normal.

Even the JP are largely getting ignored, in regards to the shields/bots.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-05 17:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes I see the sellable npc i use to sell my shields looking at the wall and notice 20 people standing in the wall...
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-05 18:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Then you got people shouting trying to buy a regal ring for 45mil. lol
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 18:39:56
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
In the months and years you waited for a "fair" price you could've farmed the gil legitimately hundreds of times over.

from a botters perspective that probably is a valid argument but it completely ignores the effort/reward ratio a regular player has to consider.

This aint exactly a new thing either. Right before SoA dropped I was selling some hexed -1 pieces for prices higher than some of these +2 necks

no one says its a new problem. there have been huge issues with the market for many years due to bots, exploits, multiboxing, RMT and SE who pretty much stopped combating any of those issues.

the fact that some people are willing to pay 50-300+ mil for items that aren't even REMA grade pretty much implies that they didn't have to put any/very little effort into obtaining that gil.

REMAs are a bit of a different calculation. even if they cost a lot you'll never be looking at a 100% loss when the vertical gear progression moves on. HQs on the other hand are pretty much a 100% loss at that point.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-05 18:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Stop being a whiny bum and farm omen daily

Literally 20m a week almost if you do it every day...

But nahhhhh

You want the internet to give you a pat on the back...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-05 18:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Not for nothin, can't even wipe your *** with 20m. With inflation what it is, that 20 is more like 2.
By Tarage 2019-02-05 19:07:03
Link | Citer | R

It's the economy stupid.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-05 19:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not for nothin, can't even wipe your *** with 20m. With inflation what it is, that 20 is more like 2.

Still better way at gil then whining on the forums about bots
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 19:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Stop being a whiny bum and farm omen daily

Literally 20m a week almost if you do it every day...

assuming your numbers are right and no failed attemps we looking at 6 weeks for 1 rostam on asura, another 6,5 to augment it. so 12 weeks (almost a quater of a year) for a item thats probably going to be obsolete befor one even manages to BiS half of the gear-slots of just one job.

keep in mind now a days most people expect you to have multiple well equiped jobs.

You want the internet to give you a pat on the back...

yeah, i'm just looking for pats on the back in ***-post central...
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-02-05 19:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Brah...

Thats only if you did omen...

Try grinding... you know... things mmos are built on... there is tons of events you can make money off of....

Sorry there isnt a gitgud switch you can press...
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-02-05 20:00:31
Link | Citer | R

This aint exactly a new thing either. Right before SoA dropped I was selling some hexed -1 pieces for prices higher than some of these +2 necks

no one says its a new problem. there have been huge issues with the market for many years due to bots, exploits, multiboxing, RMT and SE who pretty much stopped combating any of those issues.
First off multiboxing isn't cheating or botting (though sure they can go hand in hand)

Second those same people are going to pay more for that Alex or whatever you farm that isn't easily botted lastly

[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 20:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Sorry there isnt a gitgud switch you can press...

there is. its called botting, remember?

Thats only if you did omen...

Try grinding... you know... things mmos are built on... there is tons of events you can make money off of....

thats where we moving toward the realm of the MMO becoming your fulltime job where everything has to subordinate your MMO habits. which by the way is the excuse for a lot of people to start botting in the firstplace...
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-05 20:04:39
Link | Citer | R

First off multiboxing isn't cheating or botting (though sure they can go hand in hand)

Second those same people are going to pay more for that Alex or whatever you farm that isn't easily botted lastly

Facts :0
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-05 20:05:25
Link | Citer | R

do you want someone to just tell you how to make gil or something?

1 solo character can make 8mil per gain with trusts. 10+ per gain if you team up with people and have a good camp. Not botting.

1 solo char as mentioned can make 20mil/week in omen, again with trusts no botting.

you can make at least 50mil/month on sellables via ambuscade points. Oh my, no botting!

do one cycle of a HTBF on VD with friends once a week (8 kills, the KI you store plus spending 70 of your 75 stored merits, then quickly cap merits at gain) will net you likely another 5-8 mil depending on values of what you get.

so using the lowest numbers I listed, and only make 1 gain per week (assuming you have commitments or scheduling issues that would mean you can't make more):

4 gains per month @8mil each= 32 mil
20mil per week in omen= 80 mil
50 mil per month from ambu = 50mil
5 mil per HTBF cycle per week=20 mil

182 million from 4 sources per month. More than enough to buy that Rostam and probably half of the upgrade mats.

And if you're gonna complain that a weapon of the value that a Rostam has isn't worth a month, you're going to get zero sympathy here. Most people around here who have multiple RMEAs got their first when it took 8+ months worth of work to get the level 75 version.

As for upgrading, dude just equip it and kill stuff in dyna-D with a shell. Won't spend a dime. Or use the drops you get in that dyna-D run and double dip your upgrade speed.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 20:17:29
Link | Citer | R

they don't just go hand in hand with botting (which is bad enough) but are also the FFXI version of pay to win. kinda like shelling out extra bucks in a f2p itemshop for a reward boost or whatever.

its implemented in a smart way so a lot of people don't recognize it for what it is but bottom line its simply pay2win.
kudos to SE for getting away with it in a game that already charges a monthly subscription and not even get called out for doing so. wonder if any other game pulled that off befor.

also its already february 2019 over here, is the dude that makes up the numbers of that chart on holidays?
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 20:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
1 solo character can make 8mil per gain with trusts. 10+ per gain if you team up with people and have a good camp.

in my experience 4-5 mil of sparks is more reasonable estimation and only if you farm the full 4 hours each time nonestop at a empty camp.

do one cycle of a HTBF on VD with friends once a week (8 kills, the KI you store plus spending 70 of your 75 stored merits, then quickly cap merits at gain) will net you likely another 5-8 mil depending on values of what you get.

its either farming sparks or quick merits for more HTBF, can't do both during gain exp.

50 mil per month from ambu = 50mil

ambu is very situational and depending on what jobs you have and what people you run with chances are you do easy-normal V1. D-VD is usually a rare exception on easy months. also if ambu is easy currencies usually drop so you either have to wait 1-2 months to sell your stuff or take the loss.

all in all the numbers you put up there are not very accurate to make it look more beautified. yet its still a lot of work hours (16h/month alone for gain exp) just for farming and you'd still never be able to compete with bots.
and assume most people play with more in mind than just farming.

And if you're gonna complain that a weapon of the value that a Rostam has isn't worth a month, you're going to get zero sympathy here.

if you put it in perspective to a REMA that grants you the ability to upgrade later on and therefor never devalue 100% of your time/effort spent on it then yes, i do believe 120mil is still way to much - even for a rostam.

i'm not expecting sympathies, you rarely get any for speaking out uncomfortable truths.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-05 21:38:20
Link | Citer | R

if you're only selling sparks you're doing it wrong.

you don't use up the merits you earn doing a gain session for gil, they are a side-effect of doing gain. I don't see your point there either.

if ambu is situational and your job doesn't work, take the 3 weeks needed to make a job capable of D level ambscade. You don't need BiS gear or to be Master level to do that by any stretch. If you're waiting around because no one wants your <fill in job here> for this month's ambuscade, is sitting whining better than changing that fact for when it WILL rotate around again?

I'm a single box player with one mule account to hold crafting materials. I do not have a final form shield. I've never botted, ask anyone on Leviathan if I have the computational knowledge to handle dat ***. I don't even wanna multi. I have a helluva lot of ***because I have spent time. If you don't spend as much time, you'll have less ***.

You keep saying that the Su5 weapons devalue, I don't see what the problem is. People have been over paying for the newest thing the second it comes out since Armadaberks in Kings days. You aren't just paying for the item, you are paying for the time you get to use it- the earlier you buy it compared to the item's inception, the longer you feasibly could use it, thus making it worth more.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-05 21:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Youre not making 27-30mil a week per character solely off gain exp? Wtf are you doing??

Also, I personally don't think rostams are worth it vs HQ1 so you know what I did instead of crying? I bought some HQ1's...
[+]
By Foxfire 2019-02-05 21:52:26
Link | Citer | R

If you can only do V1 E~N, you probably shouldn't be trying to buy a rostam yet.

I'm always broke but I never *** about "things are too expensive". Just learn to save your gil. Either things drop in price or you save enough to get it.

End of story.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-05 22:54:02
Link | Citer | R

folks i know, y'all
if ambu is situational and your job doesn't work, take the 3 weeks needed to make a job capable of D level ambscade.

and again downplaying the effort to make it look pretty. lets forget for a second that once you done spending those 3 weeks to build the ideal job for this months ambu the month is over. if you bring a job you only invested 3 weeks of gearing your aren't going to do V1 D, your going to do normal at best, and if your team mates show up with juobs they put equaly amount of effort into your stuck at V1 easy unless the month is a breeze.

even if you are king dingeling himself (everyone around here thinks they are) you still need 5 equaly well geared mates that are competent at their jobs to do V1 D-VD.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-05 23:29:25
Link | Citer | R

folks i know, y'all
if ambu is situational and your job doesn't work, take the 3 weeks needed to make a job capable of D level ambscade.

and again downplaying the effort to make it look pretty. lets forget for a second that once you done spending those 3 weeks to build the ideal job for this months ambu the month is over. if you bring a job you only invested 3 weeks of gearing your aren't going to do V1 D, your going to do normal at best, and if your team mates show up with juobs they put equaly amount of effort into your stuck at V1 easy unless the month is a breeze.

even if you are king dingeling himself (everyone around here thinks they are) you still need 5 equaly well geared mates that are competent at their jobs to do V1 D-VD.

You can level a Geo to 99, Get a few JP, gear it up and be 900skill in less than 3 days of casually playing. Geo is almost ALWAYS used in ambu, and NO D/VD ambu has ever needed an idris to win. You can make your own runs everytime and cap hallmarks that way. Thats what I did for my alt, Thats what a TON of people do with there alts. No situational issues, No "job not needed this month" issue.

now get to work.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7