the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 67 68 69
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 13:32:20
Link | Citer | R

With the difficulty of the mimic I wouldn't be surprised if it forces the "thud" thing which gives you full spoils. So to some who want to make best use of their vouchers would prefer to beat the mimic with a full party, while those who like to gamble (and can't/don't want to run with a group) have the choice to do the lottery. These amazingly rare rewards from other content is incentive to store up silver vouchers every month, even if you don't plan on doing the content right away.

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Pup, drk geo, brd, rdm, cor and we timed out at 11% on the chest. Had several 99k dark and light heals that could have resulted in the win. Sleep on death to pervent it being casted, finding the element to proc blue seems to remove damage reduction on the coffer.

Qent feom hitting 300s to 1500s so roughly 80% DT, bringing 2 casters to search for absorb element and perform skillchains of the opposite side can push a lot of damage after a blue proc.

The element hops what appears every 15s

Had a feeling you needed a mixed setup with amazing buffs and coordination. Mimics are notorious for their annoying gimmicks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 13:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Honestly the could have just made omen bodies buyable through a storage NPC. After trading a certain amount of items he opens up new options, including cards mats etc. So many of these scales I have sitting around could be put to some use.

Something like:

20 kin scales
20 gin scales
20 fu scales
20 kei scales
20 kyou scales
X5 of each omen material

That's at least 100 runs. It would still take a ton of time if you were doing it this method, but at least there would have been a guaranteed way to acquire it and players could work towards it by still farming their ou drops and boss bodies individually.

To date, I have yet to see one body drop from several hundred bosses, and I know a few other people who have experienced the same. And yet a random player whose never entered omen once can obtain ashera out of sheer luck from a key or a treasure box with zero effort. That's baffling.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 13:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That's baffling.

First, working as intended.

Second, still working as intended. You keep doing the content for the shiney. Your sub staying active. Now, even if you wanted to quit doing "omen boss" because "body" doesn't drop, you're compelled to stay active to "win" a "chance" at "body" again.

You don't have a real chance at getting (anything) from AMAN (or gobbie keys, or bonanza, lets be totally honest here).
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 13:46:58
Link | Citer | R

Tying them to scales is a bad idea as it could mean some players purposely lot them over players who need to upgrade AF to +3s. I think finding other ways of giving us these bodies is a moot point, as SE's already done something to give us a new way of giving them to us, without making it as easy as hoarding scales which may or may not be at the expense of others. It's still super luck based, but it's something at least.
By Numquam 2018-08-08 13:48:38
Link | Citer | R

Can this smn burned?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 13:49:49
Link | Citer | R

If you really want a viable, reasonable option to "random drop" here it is: ROE defeat "boss" 0/100 reward: "body"

(only party/alli leader gets the recorded victory)*
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 13:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Numquam said: »
Can this smn burned?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you really want a viable, reasonable option to "random drop" here it is: ROE defeat "boss" 0/100 reward: "body"

(only party/alli leader gets the recorded victory)*

I suggested this back in 2015 to SE .. give us an ROE objective for Plouton where if you beat it 50-100 times you get a platemail straight up. That way at least if you never got it randomly, you get it eventually guaranteed through a lot of hard work.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 13:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Tying them to scales is a bad idea as it could mean some players purposely lot them over players who need to upgrade AF to +3s. I think finding other ways of giving us these bodies is a moot point, as SE's already done something to give us a new way of giving them to us, without making it as easy as hoarding scales which may or may not be at the expense of others. It's still super luck based, but it's something at least.

That was just an idea, though I don't think it matters because players use /seacom anyways? You pick what you want in most groups anyways.

They have an entire bead system that could be used to purchase more canteens, vs that silly 20hr timer on re-entry. Or could just make them accumulate like voidstones.

Matters to me not, since I don't actively do Omen runs nightly anymore, and I invest all of my time into solo Card runs tbh, and any time i have to do runs, I build a quick Ou and get more cards/sell the pop or fight for something I don't have. The whole omen body argument was just because the AMAN trove was a silly addition to begin with, especially including those items in there.

Also, derail.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-08 13:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Monk
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 13:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

That was just an idea, though I don't think it matters because players use /seacom anyways? You pick what you want in most groups anyways.

They have an entire bead system that could be used to purchase more canteens, vs that silly 20hr timer on re-entry. Or could just make them accumulate like voidstones.

Matters to me not, since I don't actively do Omen runs nightly anymore, and I invest all of my time into solo Card runs tbh, and any time i have to do runs, I build a quick Ou and get more cards/sell the pop or fight for something I don't have. The whole omen body argument was just because the AMAN trove was a silly addition to begin with, especially including those items in there.

Also, derail.

My group never uses /seacom, although we have a wishlist system for equipment. Anyways .. no one wants to read about what shoulda coulda woulda, they're here to find out how to down the mimic so they can use up their vouchers. Derail over.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 13:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Master trial having a kupo voucher or whatever as a reward would be much better.

Unafraid of the Dark: Irradiance Blade, Asteria, Coruscanti, etc.. all pre-ilevel glows

Black and White: Fermion Sword, Tartarus Mail, Gyve Doublet, Zitah Weapons

Sealed Fate: Aphelion Knuckles, Zendik Robe, Zitah Bodies, Volte Gear(Sandy)

Iroha BC: Mizukage Naginata, Omen Bodies, Volte Gear(Bastok)

Keep it 6 months behind development cycle. There's no harm in allowing players who are at the current top content to save time on old stuff. It would get a whole lot more people doing master trial, and logging in in general.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 13:57:18
Link | Citer | R

Master trials are for tryhards. Keep the reward related to the content with ROE is the more logical way.

It's not hard to "earn" an ashera harness, but it's impossible to get lucky enough to get one. Removing luck is the answer. Not lolmastertrials.

You will have MASSIVE attendance increase when there is viable grind.

If you knew that with 100% certainty you got an ashera on your 100th kill, you're very much more likely to go do it 100 times.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 13:59:49
Link | Citer | R

If you knew that with 100% certainty you got an ashera harness from clearing the new Iroha BC, you'd start putting the effort into being up to date instead of staying perpetually 18 months behind and complaining about everything new.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 14:02:29
Link | Citer | R

The point is you would've gotten it already, had it existed when it was new. saying 100 kills from today wouldn't work as well.

May as well just start passing out REMA for lolmastertrials too while you're at it. They're less relevant than omen bodies are.

Mastertrials are fan service and nothing more. Wasted resources. You can't just pass our 6 omen bodies everytime a group clears a master trial. That's way too far. You want them to keep doing omen, and omen specifically, for omen rewards.

I mean look, these *** are still using DELVE rewards to make current synth recipes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 14:12:31
Link | Citer | R

You can, as long as the master trials are sufficiently harder than [Event] and sufficient time has passed since [Event]'s introduction.

The master trials were not cleared for months after their release, and not cleared consistantly for years. I don't know if Iroha one is the same scale, but there's no reason content of that scale can't have rewards to match.

You can't give a giant gameplay advantage for it, because not enough of the playerbase will be able to play at that level and that forces it to be part of the gear ladder. You can certainly give any amount of time saving, you just want to avoid invalidating things until they've had their time in the sun.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 14:14:44
Link | Citer | R

Or, to put it simple terms:

Anyone can have a .01% chance of getting a free Ashera anyway from an ANV key, AMAN, w.e.

Someone in the top .01% of the current playerbase getting one for demonstrating that they are just that good isn't going to break the game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 14:15:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

The master trials were not cleared for months after their release, and not cleared consistantly for years.

Because there is -no- reason to do them if you start passing out omen bodies, they'll be beat day one. Instead of omen. There would be no reason to do omen (bosses) anymore.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-08-08 14:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Putting vouchers for harder-to-get older gear would certainly give me incentive to start logging on again and participating in Master Trials... I always felt like they were a missed opportunity by just putting cosmetic drops in them, especially with the stupid hefty 250 merit point entry fee along with being automatically *** if you die.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 14:19:49
Link | Citer | R

There would be no reason to do omen (bosses) anymore.
If you've done the 100-150 runs needed to get all your accessories and non-body drops, you've honestly earned the right to stop counting canteens. It's not a bad thing, it frees up time to do things like master trials or wave 3 of dynamis.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 14:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Master Trials ARE a huge wasted opportunity. No one debates that.

Giving them rewards that take away from other "current" (even old) content. Is the debate.

Your title and false sense of accomplishment is your reward. That's supposed to be enough for a one percenter.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-08 14:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

The master trials were not cleared for months after their release, and not cleared consistantly for years.

Because there is -no- reason to do them if you start passing out omen bodies, they'll be beat day one.

The accomplishment is sufficient reason for a specific group of players. If you're not motivated by that, that's fine, but you really need to step out of your own shoes for a minute and acknowledge that your mindset is not shared by everybody else in the world. A lot of people are motivated by gear, others mostly want to socialize. Some like climbing a mountain just because it's there to climb. It's not up to you to decide what constitutes accomplishment, and the way you constantly state your opinion as fact comes off as arrogant, childish and petty. I think I've seen you post maybe two things that weren't complaining about something.

Personally I think you should spend some time reflecting about how you act and who you want to be. Please stop with the constant pointless negativity in the interim. It's making these forums unbearable.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 14:37:20
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather Master trials offered unique rewards than giving items from other content. It's not tied to anything else. AMAN trove is connected to the Goblins/Moogles AMAN service, so it makes sense the battlefield acts like you're trading keys for random drops.

(If SE wanted it ..) Master trials should offer unique rewards you won't find anywhere else, and they should be some of the best gears in the game to give incentive for players to do them regularly. But that wasn't the point of Master Trials .. they give out special luxury items with crazy glows to those who want the challenge. SE never wanted to force this on the population as it's purposely very difficult which would only frustrate groups. I hope this thread can get back on topic soon.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 14:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

Safe spaces belong on reddit and facebook.

I'd rather Master trials offered unique rewards than giving items from other content. It's not tied to anything else. AMAN trove is connected to the Goblins/Moogles AMAN service, so it makes sense the battlefield acts like you're trading keys for random drops.

(If SE wanted it ..) Master trials should offer unique rewards you won't find anywhere else, and they should be some of the best gears in the game to give incentive for players to do them regularly. But that wasn't the point of Master Trials .. they give out special luxury items with crazy glows to those who want the challenge. SE never wanted to force this on the population as it's purposely very difficult which would only frustrate groups. I hope this thread can get back on topic soon.

Kylos gets it. If you WANT to do master trials, ask for a reason to do THEM. Not for a reason NOT to do omen.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 14:49:07
Link | Citer | R

I do get it Eiryl, but sometimes your opinions are given in such an abrasive way it takes away from what you're trying to say. I know we're all grown-ups here, but that's the point, we've all been through negative aspects of life and the last thing we need is people being overly negative here on a forum. Saying "safe spaces belong on reddit and facebook" is a prime example of the negativity Snaps pointed out.

It's good to argue sometimes, but we're all in the same boat here. We all love this game and we all have differing opinions, so we don't need to be so critical of what each other says .. unless it's something serious. Like criminal serious. Hope ya don't see this as me being a *** or anything, it's an observation. When you're not being negative you have very good points, but when you are it becomes more about your attitude than what you're saying. I know ya shouldn't have to pussyfoot around people, but I always felt like it's not what you say, it's how you say it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 14:52:10
Link | Citer | R

Look, if you or anyone dislikes my "negativity" feel free to use the block button. I openly encourage you to do so. Bitching about me, gets you no sympathy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 14:57:30
Link | Citer | R

We're looking for sympathy? Ok .. so we might as well be talking to a wall. I might take you up on that actually, you do make good points sometimes, but your attitude is so bad it does what Snaps described: unbearable.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 67 68 69