The A.M.A.N. Trove BC

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 67 68 69
By SeekerStar 2018-08-08 08:41:55
Link | Citer | R

I imagine it drops something of worth, whether it be gear or, more usually, a Mimic hoard... ton'o gilz.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2018-08-08 09:19:16
Link | Citer | R

Can hold the mimic forever when we brought a pup.

Had a sam ag yoichi ws spam with puppet tanking but the damage was pretty bad and had to give them bard preludes.

Sam switched to doji and managed to take away 30% of its hp before pulling hate and getting death'd, was also using /drg in the hopes jump would shed some hate.

Used overdrive on puppet to get aggro off the sam when she started pulling hate after unweak+rebuffed, it helped.

Cor wildcard failed to reset SPs and we timed out due to lack of damage.
Going to try 3 more orbs later and bring a drg main to see if they can dps and stay lower hate than the puppet and shed their hate. Just wondering if the wyvern can survive the aoe abuse from the mimic.
pup sam brd whm cor party of 5

*whm never got drawn-in so was able to stay at max casting range to the SAM and cure/na until sam died to death. very safe since the puppet's always going to be next on the hatelist to avoid the draw-in

*used companion/bst roll on pup, chaos/sam on samurai, marches+scherzo
 Asura.Sirtaint
Serveur: Asura
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-08-08 09:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Ashera Harness Body 2018-08-08 09:19:03 Source: Guildwork

Lucky
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 09:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Tried Mars' Orb with NIN NIN GEO BRD COR WHM. Had no issues with death(NINs turn, BRD lullabies, didn't seem to build resist even after 40+ casts). Used scapegoats for Ka-thwack. Did not need migawari, Scherzo was enough. Every single debuff I tried landed easily from WHM.

Seems to have variable DT going from roughly -80% to +50%, and not just on WS. It was not a straight DT buildup, it went from significant reduction to damage bonus in a matter of seconds.

Quote:
10:12:30 melee hit for 67
10:12:33 melee hit for 498
10:12:33 melee crit for 748

Started TPing nonstop even with auspice up and NINs using capped SB. It seemed as if it might have been countering my Blade:Tens with Death Trap, but I'm not confident enough to say that is definitely the mechanic.

I suspect you need to fulfill some secondary condition, rather than just brute force it, as the constant stuns eventually resulted in death to poison after being stunned twice too quickly to poisona. It was frequently double TPing before stun wore, with no TP given by the players.. this again suggests a mechanic may be at work.

Interested to try MNK/WAR without weaponskills. Not confident it will change anything, but the chest does not have that much HP and with elegy/slow/paralyze it's melee is completely inconsequential.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 09:40:20
Link | Citer | R

How low were you able to get this down to?

Not to sound simple minded, but what day of the week was it? Did you try any of NIN's elemental WS to see if there was a proc, or behavior change? i.e. Blade: Ei, To, Chi, Teki (covers darkness, Ice, Earth, Water). Did you try elemental ninjutsu, and were you skillchaining it enough to see any noticeable behavior? I died very quickly into the fight so I couldn't do anything, not to mention it's evasion was enormous. The comments previously indicate there were procs (perhaps similar to HTBF in spells/ws/ja during tp moves).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 09:45:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Interested to try MNK/WAR without weaponskills. Not confident it will change anything, but the chest does not have that much HP and with elegy/slow/paralyze it's melee is completely inconsequential.

Might look into using some capped Invigorate Merits with Relic(aug) hands, to potentially counteract the poison (especially if you're stunned).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 09:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Got it down to ~60% in a matter of 90 seconds or so, then it used second ka-thwack and the next couple skillchains healed it significantly(to 80%+) so I swapped from Shun to Ten to avoid skillchaining. The DT started shortly after the skillchain heals, but since the heals started immediately after second ka-thwack there is a possibility that also triggered the DT. Died around ~52% after reducing it again.

I did not use any elemental or debuff ninjutsu, or any elemental WS. The DT disappeared and reappeared numerous times while only using Blade: Ten and not skillchaining.
By volkom 2018-08-08 10:48:45
Link | Citer | R

Got regal gloves from Mars orb last night
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-08-08 11:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Venus:

Thud,Noise,Noise,Noise,Thud,Noise,Loud Thud

All crap:

Onimusha-no-kote
donar gun
vanya cuffs
frayed sack of plenty
indi-grabity
hahava mail
indi-malaise
 Bahamut.Malothar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-08 11:30:23
Link | Citer | R

SeekerStar said: »
Holy crispy rainbow shaded *** I thought you quit!

I remember when you made Idris and people thought GEO was bad. XD

hi2u2! :P

I just came back this past week after being gone for 2.5~ years. Had an old friend hit me up and I had occasionally read up on the content releases so I knew there was stuff to do. Once he reached out to me, nostalgia really took over. How the times have changed for Idris though. I've seen tons of Idris around, but most are mules! :(
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-08-08 11:37:46
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried balancing physical/magic dmg to see if it keeps the DT away?
 Phoenix.Taplaiceps
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Taplaiceps 2018-08-08 11:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

I'm a little confused. Why would you need to kill the mimic, if you can hold it forever? Just open up every other box, open up the gold chest and leave?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 11:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried a mix of damage types (melee, ranged, magic) avoiding skillchains?

Phoenix.Taplaiceps said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

I'm a little confused. Why would you need to kill the mimic, if you can hold it forever? Just open up every other box, open up the gold chest and leave?

Not done this content myself yet, but I believe the other chests disappear while the mimic is out .. or it'd be stupidly easy and someone would've suggested it.
 Asura.Ziasquinn
user: ziasquinn
By Asura.Ziasquinn 2018-08-08 11:57:34
Link | Citer | R

all chests (including gold) despawn when mimic pops, supposedly gold respawns if you kill it
 Phoenix.Taplaiceps
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Taplaiceps 2018-08-08 12:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Aahh okay, so we're all thinking all the other chests despawn also, so you only get what you've already opened?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2018-08-08 12:25:46
Link | Citer | R

tried another bein greedy and got mimic so tried to kill, didnt win, but some notes:

AG gungnir drg was able to go ham on the mimic with a puppet tanking using jumps to shed hate, wyvern did fine staying alive with an occasional spirit link and steadywing.

+defense ignoring ws's like camlann were doing better than stardiver

A kathwack a immediately followed up with a stun+ aoepoison ended that run though. Critical people getting stunned while poisoned and dying feels crappy. Losing momentum in this fight is a killer.

Kinda salty they added this bc when im like 1/100+ on getting a friend a tartarus body spammin vagary and havent seen an omen body while doing a ton of that content as well.
I have a several 119 pulse bodys and 2 tart bodies from goblin and ki turnin'luck' - disappointed the content that originally drops highly sought items never drops them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-08-08 12:33:36
Link | Citer | R

As someone who ran a Vagary LS for 18+ months weekly, never seeing a Platemail from Plouton (but 10 from the passage for others) I'm really happy SE decided to let it drop from this too. The drop rate from the passage is very bad, but Plouton it's virtually non-existent.

My current LS has beaten many Omen bosses this year and last, and we've only seen one Udug Jacket (which is more than some groups). So I'm happy for this change, it lets people get a chance at drops they usually wouldn't stand a chance at seeing.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-08 12:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Aahh okay, so we're all thinking all the other chests despawn also, so you only get what you've already opened?
You don't get anything at all if the mimic pops and you fail to kill it. Stuff doesn't actually enter the pool until you exit the BCNM by clicking the gold chest.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 12:45:15
Link | Citer | R

It's gambling. You only get to see your items if you walk away. You pick up to 9 chests and hope it's not a mimic. If it isn't lucky you, keep your spoils. If you happen to be unlucky and get a mimic, you get nothing unless you manage to kill it. The discussion thus far is about how we can down the Mimic, since it is clearly possible to do so, and it would give all of the spoils.

Quote:
Wooden Chests
If you strike it lucky with a wooden chest, you will receive an additional item drop when you clear the content. If you are unlucky, all the treasure chests will vanish and you will have to engage in combat against a fierce mimic.
* If you best the mimic, the gold treasure chest will appear once more and you may open it to clear the battlefield.

Quote:
Kinda salty they added this bc when im like 1/100+ on getting a friend a tartarus body spammin vagary and havent seen an omen body while doing a ton of that content as well.

You should not be salty at anybody else's spoils or anything. This was a crappy event they added to make you feel better about not getting super rare items from content after doing it for ages. It shouldn't even exist, but since it does, it does not harm anyone to do it and it can only present you with possible rewards. No need to get mad, because so far, it's already showing much better drops from this complete gamble than the original events do. I wouldn't put any emotion into this, it's just another iteration of ANV keys and Gobbie Boxes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 12:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Wow, that's really annoying then. Looks like having a planned skillchain list with elements on hand is the way to go, have BLM + GEO cycle t1 nukes, and then quickly do that element-opposing skillchain.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-08 12:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Almost sounds like they really didn't intend for you to kill it but left you the barest of bones of being able to so it's not like you have to gamble. It's just like a million times for efficient and easy to do so
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 12:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You should not be salty at anybody else's spoils or anything. This was a crappy event they added to make you feel better about not getting super rare items from content after doing it for ages. It shouldn't even exist, but since it does, it does not harm anyone to do it and it can only present you with possible rewards. No need to get mad, because so far, it's already showing much better drops from this complete gamble than the original events do. I wouldn't put any emotion into this, it's just another iteration of ANV keys and Gobbie Boxes.
Don't know that it's salty at spoils so much as adding yet another highly luck based way to obtain the same items. Having a skill dependant way to farm those items at a better droprate would be vastly preferable. Doesn't matter if you can do a picture perfect omen run and full clear in 15 minutes, you could still go years without seeing the drop you want. That's demoralizing to capable players.

I highly doubt the Mimic will give you anything special, they've already said it just lets you keep the drops you already got. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, looks like someone will down it today. Just wouldn't put much stock in it, they already said what the deal is.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 13:03:20
Link | Citer | R

I was just about to write that entire first paragraph, you took the words right out of my mouth. What I'm saying, though, is that this event is just another iteration of
Bonanza
Gobbie Boxes/Campaign
SP Keys/Campaign
Anv Keys

SE has been selling the idea of "luck" based gimmicky events and calling it campaigns and content. "Demoralizing" is a correct term, but so what. They've been continously doing this for a very long time, so to them, farming 600 omen bosses and never seeing a body is not so bad, because they're going to release an event that drops 10~ bodies within a day, so the odds are evened out. They've been pulling this shitty events from day one, and players "gitgud" off of sheer luck and chance.

Demoralizing doesn't even begin to explain how silly that is. But I'm not about to get upset because some other guy got incredibly lucky due to SE handing free ***out like candy. That has been their standard operating procedure since forever, they just repackage it and make you feel like you have another chance at something great. It's expected.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Truckie
Serveur: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Truckie 2018-08-08 13:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Box Bonanza. At least its not costing me inventory slots.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 13:27:03
Link | Citer | R

Ou is far too easy. Add all the stupid rare drops to the new master trial(maybe they already did, but I doubt it) and let people farm them there. Then, if they continue with the trend of 1% droprate ***, throw it into the next super-hard BC they come out with at reasonable rates.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-08 13:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Ou is far too easy. Add all the stupid rare drops to the new master trial(maybe they already did, but I doubt it) and let people farm them there. Then, if they continue with the trend of 1% droprate ***, throw it into the next super-hard BC they come out with at reasonable rates.

I feel like this would breath some life back into the game.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 67 68 69