Forum » FFXI » General » the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 4 ... 67 68 69
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 23:42:32
Link | Citer | R

It's going to be miserable regardless. I guess you could have the bard use nocturne and keep ramuh on stun duty just for death. IDK, this thing better drop all five omen bodies for all of this work or this would certainly be a waste.
By Ruaumoko 2018-08-07 23:54:02
Link | Citer | R

So you can get the Omen bodies on Mars Orb, interesting.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-07 23:56:01
Link | Citer | R

It's literally ANV keys. Again. With the illusion of being content. They even get you to do old content for "totally not anv keys"

Sure you can but you won't.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-08 00:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's literally ANV keys. Again. With the illusion of being content. They even get you to do old content for "totally not anv keys"

Sure you can but you won't.

I don't know what is worse- this- or the fact I actually still fall for it!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 00:11:19
Link | Citer | R

How long until we start seeing these shouts:

{Mars Orb} {Do You Need It?} 5M - {Venus Orb} {Do You Need It?} 10M {/tell}
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 00:13:05
Link | Citer | R

That's too cheap. You're on Asura. Bump that ***up to retard prices. 50m for Mars orbs. 200m for Venus orbs.
[+]
By SeekerStar 2018-08-08 01:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's too cheap. You're on Asura. Bump that ***up to retard prices. 50m for Mars orbs. 200m for Venus orbs.

Raffle it off, perhaps. Winner touches the chest first.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-08-08 02:03:17
Link | Citer | R

try venus, open 2 coffer and ... get a eschite helm and a damn coral ... i think i gonna hate this event
 Cerberus.Genoside
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-08-08 02:36:53
Link | Citer | R

I feel dumb I am in lower jeuno and greyson is not here at g-11 also, I do not have the quest in my records of em. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

update* i reset the game because I didnt download the update but was still able to login from, the main menu after maintenance. I think this is my issue.
Also to get reward and leave do I have to kill something or can loot and scoot?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 02:42:18
Link | Citer | R

He's right in front of the chocobo stables. And the ROE is started in Basics. Then Content.
 Cerberus.Genoside
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-08-08 02:56:11
Link | Citer | R

yeah before i did update it said his name was kalivile then i restarted game did update and poof there he was.
By SimonSes 2018-08-08 04:28:58
Link | Citer | R

So I wanted to keep opening till I get loud thud. I used Mars orb.
I haven't got anything good, but luck was on my side in different way. I opened 9 out of 10 brown chests without getting a mimic.
So I guess at least we now know, that "loud thud" is not guaranteed in one of the chests, at least when using Mars orb.

Shiva.Shwtym
Serveur: Shiva
user: Shwtym
By Shiva.Shwtym 2018-08-08 04:34:21
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
So I wanted to keep opening till I get loud thud. I used Mars orb.
I haven't got anything good, but luck was on my side in different way. I opened 9 out of 10 brown chests without getting a mimic.
So I guess at least we now know, that "loud thud" is not guaranteed in one of the chests, at least when using Mars orb.

Applause just for having a sizable sack mate
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-08 04:52:23
Link | Citer | R

So... This is SE scheme for taking out Gil in the economy? They should let people buy up to 100 vouchers per month.
 Lakshmi.Igadget
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-08-08 04:53:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shwtym said: »

Showtime!

now that's a name I haven't seen in years.
 Shiva.Shwtym
Serveur: Shiva
user: Shwtym
By Shiva.Shwtym 2018-08-08 05:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Igadget said: »

Showtime!

now that's a name I haven't seen in years.

Didnt recognizes the name until I saw the user lol how are you gadget!
 Lakshmi.Igadget
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-08-08 05:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Didnt recognizes the name until I saw the user lol how are you gadget!

Not bad, just recently came back to the game full time. Hope the old server isn't as dead as mine!
 Bahamut.Malothar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-08 05:59:49
Link | Citer | R

For anyone going in just to burn an orb in the hopes of snagging some chests, it may be worth keeping in mind that taking more people results in more treasure per chest. The NPC mentions it, and many of the SSs here show soloers getting 1 to 2 (rarely) items per chest, while parties were getting 2-3 per chest. May be worth figuring out if there's a breaking point or if you're best off always going with a full 6 man.
 Lakshmi.Igadget
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-08-08 06:01:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
For anyone going in just to burn an orb in the hopes of snagging some chests, it may be worth keeping in mind that taking more people results in more treasure per chest. The NPC mentions it, and many of the SSs here show soloers getting 1 item per chest, while parties were getting multiple per chest. May be worth figuring out if there's a breaking point or if you're best off always going with a full 6 man.

I got 1 item per chest when I went with 6 earlier.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-08-08 06:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is how I see this going...

NIN/run x3
GEO
SMN
BRD

NIN keep Migawari up, Lux x2/Pflug
For death resists--
Offhand Odium, Shadow Ring + Warden Ring, Samnuha Coat
GEO Idris - GEO-Frailty, Entrust-Vex, Indi-Torpor
BRD does SVCC Dark Carols, DD songs, gives support mages Hymnus at all times as safety RR (since Thwack will remove it)
SMN applies RR to each mage to help them survive Thwack
Mages sit in DT sets and move away from NINs (except GEO)
After Thwack, SMN repeats RR on all mages, NIN keep recasting Migawari and pray they resist Death.
Just for reference, I'm pretty damn certain that both Meva/dark resist and Plfug do nothing to prevent the Death spell from landing.

Anyone recall the ambuscade with the Airiman that could cast death? That damn thing death'd and killed my RUN like every freaking run. And that was with Shadow ring/Eihwaz/Samnuha, And Lux x3 and Pflug.

Still, this is an anecdotal account. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. But at least be aware that this is something that needs some testing before we assume a strategy can be based on it.

If anyone is interested in doing some death testing, Angra Mainyu in dynamis Beaucedine is an amazing test mob for death. Although unlike my Shadow Ring testing RUN(and NIN) can't wear the Twilight set, which would make the testing a bit harder. Of course, if we're just looking to see if pflug can ever resist death, then /RUN should also work. The hard part there though, is that pflug has a recast and every time you die, you lose the buff. So sample gathering for pflug is likely to be rather painful.

And for meva/dark resist, well, if that worked, my PLD should have been resisting the ***outta Death during my shadow ring testing, just by being in mostly ilvl gear(Twilight set being the nonilvl gear)

I'm also curious to see if Death resist gear suffers the same issue as resist+ gear. That being that you only get half the listed potency vs NMs. Shadow ring didn't have a listed potency, so my testing does inform about that.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-08 06:17:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is how I see this going...

NIN/run x3
GEO
SMN
BRD

NIN keep Migawari up, Lux x2/Pflug
For death resists--
Offhand Odium, Shadow Ring + Warden Ring, Samnuha Coat
GEO Idris - GEO-Frailty, Entrust-Vex, Indi-Torpor
BRD does SVCC Dark Carols, DD songs, gives support mages Hymnus at all times as safety RR (since Thwack will remove it)
SMN applies RR to each mage to help them survive Thwack
Mages sit in DT sets and move away from NINs (except GEO)
After Thwack, SMN repeats RR on all mages, NIN keep recasting Migawari and pray they resist Death.
Just for reference, I'm pretty damn certain that both Meva/dark resist and Plfug do nothing to prevent the Death spell from landing.

Anyone recall the ambuscade with the Airiman that could cast death? That damn thing death'd and killed my RUN like every freaking run. And that was with Shadow ring/Eihwaz/Samnuha, And Lux x3 and Pflug.

Still, this is an anecdotal account. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. But at least be aware that this is something that needs some testing before we assume a strategy can be based on it.

If anyone is interested in doing some death testing, Angra Mainyu in dynamis Beaucedine is an amazing test mob for death. Although unlike my Shadow Ring testing RUN(and NIN) can't wear the Twilight set, which would make the testing a bit harder. Of course, if we're just looking to see if pflug can ever resist death, then /RUN should also work. The hard part there though, is that pflug has a recast and every time you die, you lose the buff. So sample gathering for pflug is likely to be rather painful.

And for meva/dark resist, well, if that worked, my PLD should have been resisting the ***outta Death during my shadow ring testing, just by being in mostly ilvl gear(Twilight set being the nonilvl gear)

I'm also curious to see if Death resist gear suffers the same issue as resist+ gear. That being that you only get half the listed potency vs NMs. Shadow ring didn't have a listed potency, so my testing does inform about that.

I cant speak on terms for RUN, but Bolster(Idris(Capped)) Vex+ Attune did nothing to even slow it from landing on people.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-08 06:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Igadget said: »
I got 1 item per chest when I went with 6 earlier.

I dunno then, maybe 1-3 for parties? I've seen reports of a full party opening 2 chests and getting 5 items, while a lot of soloers appear to be getting 1 per chest.

The NPC mentions this when asking him about orbs. Maybe it's only in effect for Venus orbs?

Derping on how to post an image on here, been a few years since I've been back. Link to the text is here.

Quote:
On a separate note, I heard a rumor when I first started that the more you bring to the A.M.A.N., the more items you'll receive.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-08-08 06:26:49
Link | Citer | R

1E1
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-08-08 06:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Can confirm Loud thud isn't guaranteed on Mars orb, opened 9 wooden chests and never got loud thud.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-08 07:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Whole lot of omen bodies being reported for the first 24hr, don't remember nearly as many coming from ANV keys, and that's without anyone successfully killing the mimic yet.

Would be interesting to get a real data set and figure out an approximate droprate.

Post deleted by User.
By SeekerStar 2018-08-08 08:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
For anyone going in just to burn an orb in the hopes of snagging some chests, it may be worth keeping in mind that taking more people results in more treasure per chest. The NPC mentions it, and many of the SSs here show soloers getting 1 to 2 (rarely) items per chest, while parties were getting 2-3 per chest. May be worth figuring out if there's a breaking point or if you're best off always going with a full 6 man.

Holy crispy rainbow shaded *** I thought you quit!

I remember when you made Idris and people thought GEO was bad. XD

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 67 68 69