the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69
 Siren.Dekoda
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-01-11 08:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Thanks all, I didn't know that could happen. This was at Waughroon Shrine for me. Sounds like the worst offender.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-11 09:39:10
Link | Citer | R

waffle said: »
Actually, the third time, I ran back and some chests that previously loaded failed to load, so I ran back a second time.
Had this happen to me as well, but that one time I was having connection issues so it's no surprise so many packets were getting lost in the communication between Client and Server.

The other time it was just a random one-time only thing and running back and forth once fixed it for me.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-11 10:17:58
Link | Citer | R

There are people who play this game that never deal with npc's failing to load?!?
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Serveur: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2024-01-11 10:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
There are people who play this game that never deal with npc's failing to load?!?
1/3 times when I teleport to a crag I need to run away for it to spawn the point.

The worst offenders are when doing the reset proc trick in abyssea, and the point doesn't spawn when teleporting away..
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-11 10:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Didn't Byrth release an addon, a long time ago during the Sinister Reign spam era, that greatly reduced this NPC/objects failing to load client-side?

I don't remember the name but I absolutely remember him releasing this addon.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-11 10:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Remember
but its not infallible.
 Siren.Dekoda
Serveur: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-01-11 12:05:55
Link | Citer | R

It's been awhile but I do remember that happening at Abyssea confluxes too

I thought this was SE messing with me because I just got Crepuscular Knife on a previous orb and they were hiding the chests with more Shinryu gear
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-01-11 14:56:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »
1/3 times when I teleport to a crag I need to run away for it to spawn the point.

The worst offenders are when doing the reset proc trick in abyssea, and the point doesn't spawn when teleporting away..

What's the reset proc trick?
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: maletaru
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2024-01-11 15:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »

If a mob has a proc you don't have on your job, run to a teleporter, teleport away from it. It will de-aggro and when reclaimed will have a new proc, hopefully one you have access to.
[+]
 Bismarck.Demetor
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Demetor
By Bismarck.Demetor 2024-01-11 15:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Maletaru said: »
Felgarr said: »

If a mob has a proc you don't have on your job, run to a teleporter, teleport away from it. It will de-aggro and when reclaimed will have a new proc, hopefully one you have access to. Kill it and try again cause you're too lazy for that ***.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-11 15:26:07
Link | Citer | R

That's the trick; whether or not it's worth your time is a whole 'nother thing. If it's a 15 minute respawn NM, probably not worth sitting around for another 15 minutes and hoping for the next one, but it depends if you value your time or your effort more, I guess.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-11 15:29:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Demetor said: »
Kill it and try again cause you're too lazy for that ***.
There is zero chance in hell I'm wasting a cerb/khim/hydra pop.
[+]
 Bismarck.Demetor
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Demetor
By Bismarck.Demetor 2024-01-11 16:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Don't disagree at all, but there's cases on the other end where you'd obviously be wasting your time doing this, like the Carabosse NMs, or possibly even some 15min spawns who can be farmed from gold chests instead, depending on their proximity to a teleporter.

Regardless, it was meant to be a joke about being lazy, not an argument on the merits of doing it or when it is and isn't worth it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-11 16:34:42
Link | Citer | R

If someones refreshing a La Theine Liege red trigger, they deserve to have their account banned lol
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Serveur: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2024-01-11 16:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Don't disagree at all, but there's cases on the other end where you'd obviously be wasting your time doing this, like the Carabosse NMs, or possibly even some 15min spawns who can be farmed from gold chests instead, depending on their proximity to a teleporter.

Regardless, it was meant to be a joke about being lazy, not an argument on the merits of doing it or when it is and isn't worth it.
Felt pretty worth it when I was farming Chloris
Don't think I resorted to it for the others I've made.
 Asura.Malkavius
user: Malkavius
By Asura.Malkavius 2024-01-15 21:48:19
Link | Citer | R

I did not update BG-Wiki but I was buying some Mars orbs and the seller entered as well as one of my characters, the seller warped out and I opened chests and eventually got rainbow and got the 5m gil even though 2 of us had entered the B.C.
This is the first time this has happened to me after many many orbs like this so either it's new or just very rare?
From the wording (and how I thought this worked) on BG, this shouldn't have occurred.
/shrug
By Seun 2024-01-15 22:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malkavius said: »
I did not update BG-Wiki but I was buying some Mars orbs and the seller entered as well as one of my characters, the seller warped out and I opened chests and eventually got rainbow and got the 5m gil even though 2 of us had entered the B.C.
This is the first time this has happened to me after many many orbs like this so either it's new or just very rare?
From the wording (and how I thought this worked) on BG, this shouldn't have occurred.
/shrug

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this sounds normal to me. You said the seller warped so I assume they were at a HP. You received the loot because you were the only one eligible to receive it. Does BG say something else?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-15 22:15:12
Link | Citer | R

Widely believed that if a popper warps before the terminal you can't get the 5m
By Seun 2024-01-15 22:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Game is basic af. People are painting it in superstition to make it interesting? It would make more sense if they thought that the terminal popper is the only person who gets paid.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-15 22:23:10
Link | Citer | R

I have no idea where these rumors of party member requirements came from w/r/t the gil drops from AMAN trove. Maybe it's the confusing, unnecessary statement about how you can get gil if you have party members in the zone? That statement should just be deleted, it adds nothing of value except encouraging superstition
By Seun 2024-01-16 00:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Duplicates not dropping only applies to items if your group already has what would drop. Instead you get a blank psace in the pool.

There's no check to see that you already have 5m or 10m when the gil prize is awarded.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2024-01-28 17:57:11
Link | Citer | R

I used to see a lot of shouts of folks selling TROVE drops. Not so much any more. Anyone selling TROVE Crepuscular Mail per chance? If so, how much does it go for?

I got lucky on the rest, farmed doing the fight and got Crepuscular Cloak from a random TROVE.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-28 18:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Ive seen mail/helm sell for 100, seen shouts for 150 as well... But as a rational player I don't understand why anyone would pay that price tag for such a niche piece / lockstyle piece? Frankly it should only be worth 50 or less Strictly due its rarity, but expect more from shouts due to greed.
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-28 19:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Ive seen mail/helm sell for 100, seen shouts for 150 as well... But as a rational player I don't understand why anyone would pay that price tag for such a niche piece / lockstyle piece? Frankly it should only be worth 50 or less Strictly due its rarity, but expect more from shouts due to greed.

Consider:
A) 150M or 200hrs running Shinryu (reduced by your luck)?

B) 150M or buying orbs at 2-3M a pop until you get lucky?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-28 19:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Its "rarity" is something like a 0.1% drop rate of a split pool of 5 items
By Seun 2024-01-28 20:03:13
Link | Citer | R

5 items across 1% rate. Either way, you're spending far more time doing Shinryu than it would take you to farm 150M. It's more rare from trove than it is from Shinryu.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-28 21:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »

Consider:
A) 150M or 200hrs running Shinryu (reduced by your luck)?

B) 150M or buying orbs at 2-3M a pop until you get lucky?

I did consider it... and its Still a useless piece with an exorbitant price tag STRICTLY due to its rarity. That doesn't change my opinion.
The useful pieces from Shinryu are both Rare as *** And useful, so they warrant the super high price. The non-useful ones warrant a high price due to rarity, but not the pricetag similar to the useful ones. Sorry, can't change my mind on that. Although if you happen to be lucky enough to find one in your pool and actually find a 150m buyer for mail or helm, congrats. A sucker is born every day I suppose
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-28 22:20:49
Link | Citer | R

a useless piece with an exorbitant price tag STRICTLY due to its rarity
Kraken Club is 800 mil
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-28 23:11:39
Link | Citer | R

I mean... you know that's disingenuous. I get your argument, but clearly KClub is more useful than the armor by exponential value.

Regardless of the utility for doing trials, its still BiS offhand for multiple jobs in some aspects of endgame, such as sheol C for example. I shouldn't have to argue that vs a iLvl RR1 set combo that's if someone truly wanted as a panic button they could farm the non iLvl version for the same benefit. (and its 10x more common too)

At the end of the day, people with limitless money will spend it however they want, for whatever rare trinkets they can get their hands on even if its the most polished shiny turd in lot of ***. My point was simply that the perception of rarity to value for these 2 pieces in particular is off, and while people tend to expect a cloak price tag for a mail, it really isnt worth that and should be treated as such.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-29 00:05:19
Link | Citer | R

And yet in the inflation thread, it was repeatedly said that only a fraction of the playerbase is still doing Sheol.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69