Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-07 19:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Anyone test if the mimic is immune to stun? Rdm chainspell stun, smn afac x5
Did not, but PUP seemed to work okay, but random hate switching to SAM kept getting him KO'd. If you went slow and steady you might be able to pull it off fairly easy. Also PUP party might go fairly well tbh.
 Asura.Biglovin
Serveur: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-08-07 20:04:21
Link | Citer | R

We tried 4 pup 1 cor with 1 person outside party to raise us. At start the mimic killed all 5 of us and pets. We got raised and put pets on it and took it to 74%, wiped all of us again. Outside raiser got us back up again and it's at 100%.... just a time out waiting to happen.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-07 20:05:45
Link | Citer | R

What's wiping you? Are you not keeping Reraise up and putting on DT at the relevant percentages?
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-08-07 20:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
What's wiping you? Are you not keeping Reraise up and putting on DT at the relevant percentages?

His Ka-thwunk move. I hadn't read through everything yet but will try it with DT gear on at those intervals.
By Ruaumoko 2018-08-07 20:35:47
Link | Citer | R

May sound stupid but has anyone actually tried Migawari?

Migawari is different to Scherzo in that it'll outright cancel severe damage and wear off, not just reduce it.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-07 20:51:15
Link | Citer | R

I think it would probably work. It's always worked on everything earthen armor worked on.
By Justuas 2018-08-07 21:04:37
Link | Citer | R

Used Venus Orb and witnessed a party leader got 5 mil gil after only opening a loud thud coffer and leaving.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 21:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Justuas said: »
Used Venus Orb and witnessed a party leader got 5 mil gil after only opening a loud thud coffer and leaving.

Sounds like a smart man who finessed the system and bounced. I would shake this man's hand.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-07 21:17:26
Link | Citer | R

Justuas said: »

Just tried HQ, thud-noise-noise, 5m to personal. Ill post some images after I finsh. Doing another HQ.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-07 21:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »
We tried 4 pup 1 cor with 1 person outside party to raise us. At start the mimic killed all 5 of us and pets. We got raised and put pets on it and took it to 74%, wiped all of us again. Outside raiser got us back up again and it's at 100%.... just a time out waiting to happen.

Interesting, so this matches up with my theory he will use Kathwack every 25%. At the same time, warden is streaming and they did NOT get any Kathwack after the initial pop one and they got it to 32% or so. They were mentioning red procs, not sure how they were getting it, but I'm thinking a red proc removes the next Kathwack.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-07 21:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Interesting, so this matches up with my theory he will use Kathwack every 25%. At the same time, warden is streaming and they did NOT get any Kathwack after the initial pop one and they got it to 32% or so. They were mentioning red procs, not sure how they were getting it, but I'm thinking a red proc removes the next Kathwack.

We did get a Blue !, but I thought it was part of his move. I have no idea what did it. I dont have log that high though to see. Ill repost after I talk to SAM.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-07 21:29:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

We did get a Blue !, but I thought it was part of his move. I have no idea what did it. I dont have log that high though to see. Ill repost after I talk to SAM.

So if you've seen a blue and someone else has seen a red, maybe this is like the HTBF avatars and there are multiple procs to make the fight easier? Just need to figure out what procs it. My party was PLD+COR+THF and we were doing darkness and I didn't notice any procs.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-07 21:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

So if you've seen a blue and someone else has seen a red, maybe this is like the HTBF avatars and there are multiple procs to make the fight easier? Just need to figure out what procs it. My party was PLD+COR+THF and we were doing darkness and I didn't notice any procs.

My first thought also. He was doing Light Skillchains when proc went off. ** No way to verify for sure though.

PLD WHM GEO PUP SAM BRD
Only PUP/SAM engaged.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-07 21:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Maybe magic damage based on day? Did you notice any drop in its evasion at all? because this thing is evasive as ***.

Yeah, easy guesses would be element based on day, or maybe Light is one proc and Darkness another and you have to balance it? Warden has resolution spamming as his strat and it hits some massive DT by the time they get under 40%. So wonder if repeating the same skillchain elements makes it get stronger?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aerix 2018-08-07 21:49:52
Link | Citer | R

Duo'd on PUP with a SMN friend, got the mimic down to about 66% twice (Venus orbx2) before it became impossible.

Kathwack was used at 70% in both cases and below 70% the Mimic's mechanics changed considerably. It started spamming Death Trap for high Poison damage that eventually got my maton killed and it absorbed skillchains at multiplied values. For example, a Gravitation that normally dealt 11k~ damage would instead heal the mimic for around 80k instead.
 Carbuncle.Otige
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Otige
By Carbuncle.Otige 2018-08-07 22:00:13
Link | Citer | R

Got this today from the fight

5,000,000 gil and Makora meikogai

https://i.imgur.com/90bGYK9.png
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-07 22:20:07
Link | Citer | R

Random stuff.

Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 22:28:18
Link | Citer | R

Migawari blocks it. RR gets wiped.

I didn't re-apply RR, but I casted San and swapped out of my Death-Resist set, so died soon after. Might be an interesting tactic to have a sole NIN open chests, and have the party invite him if/when a mimic pops. Assuming his Special MOve is Party-Only, you can cheese-evade at least the first one, and then plan for the next.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-08-07 22:47:23
Link | Citer | R

...As if I needed to make more NIN videos...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 22:54:16
Link | Citer | R

This is how I see this going...

NIN/run x3
GEO
SMN
BRD

NIN keep Migawari up, Lux x2/Pflug
For death resists--
Offhand Odium, Shadow Ring + Warden Ring, Samnuha Coat
GEO Idris - GEO-Frailty, Entrust-Vex, Indi-Torpor
BRD does SVCC Dark Carols, DD songs, gives support mages Hymnus at all times as safety RR (since Thwack will remove it)
SMN applies RR to each mage to help them survive Thwack
Mages sit in DT sets and move away from NINs (except GEO)
After Thwack, SMN repeats RR on all mages, NIN keep recasting Migawari and pray they resist Death.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-08-07 23:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is how I see this going...

NIN/run x3
GEO
SMN
BRD

NIN keep Migawari up, Lux x2/Pflug
For death resists--
Offhand Odium, Shadow Ring + Warden Ring, Samnuha Coat
GEO Idris - GEO-Frailty, Entrust-Vex, Indi-Torpor
BRD does SVCC Dark Carols, DD songs, gives support mages Hymnus at all times as safety RR (since Thwack will remove it)
SMN applies RR to each mage to help them survive Thwack
Mages sit in DT sets and move away from NINs (except GEO)
After Thwack, SMN repeats RR on all mages, NIN keep recasting Migawari and pray they resist Death.

I thought Hymnus did not work?
 Shiva.Zerkles
Serveur: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-08-07 23:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Hymnus did not work when I tried. The only thing I can't remember is if we died to the damage (which means it works) or if we got death procced.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-07 23:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Jdove said: »
does alexander block death?

no
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-07 23:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Hymnus to provide raises to the possible dead mages. You would use summoner to recast rr with cait sith, but if you die to thwack, hymnus would allow you to get right back up. So it would be two raises applied after every thwack
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-08-07 23:37:01
Link | Citer | R

I think its probably possible barring any surprises sub 30%

Using low TP feed DD and bard lullaby interrupting death. It will build resistance to lullaby eventually though.
 Phoenix.Taplaiceps
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Taplaiceps 2018-08-07 23:39:01
Link | Citer | R

This event is so random it's a little dumb to me. Yeah, I'm happy about what happened to me (see below) but come on, what the hell.

I spent all day trying to get 10 silver vouchers for the venus orb. I finally get it on my alt Evolved, I go in Giddeus BCNM, open 1 chest and boom mimic.

I get all pissed off after the wasted time, I go to my main Tap, just do the bare necessity of getting the mars orb. I go to Yughott Grotto BCNM, open one chest and voila!:

First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69