Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK TP sets
DRK TP sets
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16
By Fafnir 2012-08-26 05:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Fodder = no lvl correction, capped att, capped acc, capped fSTR.

Personally, when I'm building a set and I want to check it against the spreadsheet, I don't assume full buffs, but not zero buffs either. I usually start off with Haste+LR as a standard. If its a VW set I'll assume Stalwart's is on full time, as well as the haste from atmacites, but if you're building a set for Embrava, usually you're getting fully buff'd from other things (SAM roll is very irritating to build around)...I guess if you're still doing Neo Nyzul you might only be getting Haste and Embrava though.

I'm curious what you use for a fodder set if you aren't using ogier's, Taint.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-27 08:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Fafnir said: »
Fodder = no lvl correction, capped att, capped acc, capped fSTR.

Personally, when I'm building a set and I want to check it against the spreadsheet, I don't assume full buffs, but not zero buffs either. I usually start off with Haste+LR as a standard. If its a VW set I'll assume Stalwart's is on full time, as well as the haste from atmacites, but if you're building a set for Embrava, usually you're getting fully buff'd from other things (SAM roll is very irritating to build around)...I guess if you're still doing Neo Nyzul you might only be getting Haste and Embrava though.

I'm curious what you use for a fodder set if you aren't using ogier's, Taint.

I don't have a fodder set for DRK, fodder is not what DRK is for. Ogier's pulling ahead on fodder is superficial since most mobs won't survive one resolution and your xhit gets thrown out the window. You are probably better off using a GA and cleaving, or get on a job that does fodder better.

Ragnarok.Rezeak
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-08-28 01:09:17
Link | Citer | R

I don't really post much just would like peoples opinions on this set it's for legion w/ full buffs

Basically i use it so

Resolution = 15.2 tp return (95%+ of the time since it's w/ one attack missed)
Embrava = 12 tp (431/60*5*0.2 = 7.18 secs)

15.2+12 = 27.2 tp

100-27.2/5 = 14.56 so need 14.6 tp or more for a 6 hit /war

in that gear set u have 34 store tp

11*1.34 = 14.7 a hit back

meaning w/ capped magic haste and embrava you'll be 6 hiting w/ 5% QA 2% ta and 14$ Da.

Only issue i see w/ it is that you can get like 5 hits off faster than 2 ticks of embrava meaning your likly to be 7 hiting but considering WS delay and stuff it shouldn't happen more than 20% of the time

Either way it still holds alot of QA DA TA so there no real loss outside of maybe acc (can use phy head and switch to mars ring for a large boost in acc if needed)
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-28 07:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Rez, you can just ask me in game.

Change the gloves to Avant Gauntlets +1 or Phorcys Mitts for the DA depends on if you are capped ACC or not. Ring slot obviously use the 3%DA ring in Legion, and use pole grip.

As previously mentioned/discussed. With embrava /war you basically only need about 14 stp (I used 17) to be 7 hit with 2 ticks of embrava.

With that set, you are going with 32% DA, 1% TA, and 5% QA, and it is beast with full buff.

Edit: I don't think 6 hit is worth it, you are losing 7% DA and risk occassionally having to wait for 2nd tick of embrava. With the speed you are WSing in legion, I think 7 hit is a good balance between getting stuck in the 2 sec WS delay and also not losing much on WS frequency.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-28 08:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Like returner said with full buffs just go all out QA,TA,DA unless you are running a WSscript you'll be overTPing like crazy just from Human delay.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-08-28 15:57:29
Link | Citer | R

The over tping issue is a problem ofc but still you can over tp in 7 hit just as much as you over hit in a 6 hit so you'd still be WSing a hit earlier either way. (unless i missed something, plz say)

I guess the human error thing is the main thing it's easy enough for me to hit my WS macro on hit 6 but it's the getting the tp gear back on fast enough that is an issue since u'd lose you 6 hit if ya didn't macro it fast enough.

Is it worth the 7% DA loss i guess you could say sometimes lol but 7% Da isn't a huge loss but if your fast enough u can make the most out of a 6 hit.

7% Da = 4.7% ish dmg loss (little less w/ fighters roll)
6 hit is a 20% WS increase so say a 10% DMG increase(it's prolly more but w/e rough crap)
So i guess if ya take advantage of it 50% of the time it's equal and i don't think that too hard.

Either way they both good ways to play DRK anyway thx for the feedback ^^

Edit another big issues is that if your SCH is <500 skill u sacrificed the 7% da for nothing
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-28 17:49:27
Link | Citer | R

The thing is that it is not really 20% increase in WS due to the fact that you are subjected to WS delay.

Assume it is a 2 sec delay, your 7 hit cycle vs 6 hit cycle under capped haste would be:

86.2 * 6 + 120 = 637.2
vs
86.2 * 5 + 120 = 551

So it is really 15.6% increase in WS frequency. And if you account for DA/TA/QA, which you have alot, you are no longer x 5 or x 6 but you are multiply by a lesser number, which further reduce the WS frequency gain. That's WS satuation, and also why OAT weapons aren't as good under full buff situations as their gain on WS frequency is severly reduced due to this logic and that it is not nearly enough to cover up the WS damage loss and TP damage loss. Not to mention, 2% of the 7% DA that you lose you lose on WS too as you can't change grip during WS.
By Fafnir 2012-08-28 18:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Taint: I can understand your reasoning, but I'm wondering if it justifies ignoring such a set in situations like Neo Nyzul or ADL. For me personally, I see the use in ADL runs, where nothing really poses a threat, but the speed of kills would help you farm triggers faster. You can't avoid bringing a DRK to ADL since its one of the clear winners for the zerg, and you can't change jobs and re-enter anymore.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-28 18:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Taint: I can understand your reasoning, but I'm wondering if it justifies ignoring such a set in situations like Neo Nyzul or ADL. For me personally, I see the use in ADL runs, where nothing really poses a threat, but the speed of kills would help you farm triggers faster. You can't avoid bringing a DRK to ADL since its one of the clear winners for the zerg, and you can't change jobs and re-enter anymore.

You'll probably be /sam farming ADL. Zerk and agressor don't do anything vs him. (or extremely little) And Neo Nyzul xhits are worthless. (more time spent running then fighting)
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-28 18:12:33
Link | Citer | R

We are comparing 3 sets from what I can see.

Ogier's 6hit acc,qa+2 (what are you WSing in?)

7hit stacking DA,TA,att,STR

Phorcys 6hit DA,att,STR,acc
By Fafnir 2012-08-28 19:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Quick question since i haven't had the opportunity to do legion: Do you use LR down sets with Embrava up or do the waves go down so fast you can keep LR locked enough to justify not making an LR down set?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-08-28 19:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Quick question since i haven't had the opportunity to do legion: Do you use LR down sets with Embrava up or do the waves go down so fast you can keep LR locked enough to justify not making an LR down set?

spikeflail
 Asura.Kalasin
Serveur: Asura
user: liar
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-08-28 19:59:09
Link | Citer | R

You'll probably be /sam farming ADL. Zerk and agressor don't do anything vs him. (or extremely little) And Neo Nyzul xhits are worthless. (more time spent running then fighting)

While you are right that Zerg and Agressor do close to nothing on ADL himself with all the buffs you will have, they do help while you are farming PIs, unless your healer is completely terrible and you have to rely on Seigan to stay alive, which would then again slow down your kill speed anyway.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-08-28 20:42:56
Link | Citer | R

For WS Set can use w/e u'd use on others except i keep Rajas on just to help the tp return on the WS (even tho i prolly don't have to)

You can lock buffs in Legion so should have LR Berserk and Agg full time tho there is no harm in having a LR down set cause there are dispels and some time you may not lock buffs enough
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-08-28 20:57:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kalasin said: »

While you are right that Zerg and Agressor do close to nothing on ADL himself with all the buffs you will have, they do help while you are farming PIs, unless your healer is completely terrible and you have to rely on Seigan to stay alive, which would then again slow down your kill speed anyway.

must be the same reason he advocates /sam for nyzul, im thoroughly confused.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-28 21:06:12
Link | Citer | R

Not as much as hasso does the 40%+ of the time Last Resort isn't up.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-28 21:10:42
Link | Citer | R

embrava = /war max haste regain no need to worry about hit build

no embrava = /sam hit build, meditate, hasso when LR down

Now fill in the situations
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-28 21:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kese said: »

must be the same reason he advocates /sam for nyzul, im thoroughly confused.

/war for nyzul is for voke....its a running around event.

Hasso,sekka,seigan > DA10 for farming ADL pops and for ADL himself. Especially since you can't full time LR.
 Asura.Kalasin
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-08-28 21:22:49
Link | Citer | R

If you need Seigan, read what I said about the WHM being awful. Yes, there's a time where LR isn't up, no, it's not 40% of the time, that's a random number pulled out of nowhere.

Edit: LR is down 22% of the time unless you didn't merit it, in which case you shouldn't be on DRK.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-28 21:24:43
Link | Citer | R

Last resort is a 3 minute duration, and 5 minute recast. 3/5 = 60%. So 60% of the time it's available, and 40% of the time it's not. So no, I didn't pull that out of nowhere.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-08-28 21:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Last resort is a 3 minute duration, and 5 minute recast. 3/5 = 60%. So 60% of the time it's available, and 40% of the time it's not. So no, I didn't pull that out of nowhere.
who taught you how to merit drk? lol
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-28 21:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, I forgot about recast merits. But last resort isn't up all the time, and the times it's not, the 10% haste is doing way more for you than 10% DA.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-28 21:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Not trying to defend, but he is just answering the person asking why 60%, which most of us would know that he is assuming unmerited. I am just saying 60% has to ring the bell somehow, even if you are merited, you would be saying well, it is more than 60% since I am merited instead of saying how do you get 60% I don't get it....

Edit: nvm, he edited so
[+]
 Asura.Kalasin
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-08-28 21:31:41
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, I forgot about recast merits. But last resort isn't up all the time, and the times it's not, the 10% haste is doing way more for you than 10% DA.

So having 10% haste 22% of the time(0% on ADL) is better than having 10% DA fulltime? Uh.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-28 21:33:38
Link | Citer | R

So having 10% haste 22% of the time(0% on ADL) is better than having 10% DA fulltime? Uh.
Yes, but nobody farms the pops and pops them the same day. And it's 28% of the time anyways.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-08-28 21:34:48
Link | Citer | R

Yes, but nobody farms the pops and pops them the same day. And it's 28% of the time anyways.

My group did :(
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-28 21:34:59
Link | Citer | R

You forgot hit build and meditate which are good for farming, I would assuming you don't use embrava when you farm.
 Asura.Kalasin
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-08-28 21:35:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry that your Dynamis group sucks. Mine farms and kills 4-6 pops every day. Don't assume everyone is doing things the same way you are.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-28 21:37:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry that your Dynamis group sucks. Mine farms and kills 4-6 pops every day. Don't assume everyone is doing things the same way you are.
Must suck having to bring 18 people.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16