Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 01:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Yes, because assuming no QA:

Actual TA rate = TA rate
Actual DA rate = (1-TA rate) * DA rate

So like, the 3 DA is worse than it already was!
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-04 01:20:25
Link | Citer | R

If you have 0 QA, 0TA, 0DA yes 2TA is always better than 3DA.

What if you had 60DA before adding either 2TA or 3DA?

Guess which one actually comes out on top?

This is what I mean by things aren't always so obvious. Yes 1QA >1TA >1DA, but once you have certain amounts, it's not always what you would just assume.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-04 01:21:15
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't matter how much you already had. That 3DA is still inferior to 2TA.

Actually that's right, but still derp, since you'll never have that much DA ever, let alone without some TA or QA.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 01:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Actually no, Diasetsu is right about the 60 DA case.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-04 01:24:15
Link | Citer | R

No it isn't, jesus christ, 2%TA+60%DA < 3%DA +60%DA.

1.628 < 1.63
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-04 01:24:56
Link | Citer | R

You both posted before reading my edit. :< heartbroken.

It doesn't change the fact that using 60DA as an example is pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

You don't start seeing incredibly small numbers of TA being beaten by DA until around 47~ DA, which is not only unrealistic to obtain if obtainable at all (WAR maybe? With atmas?), but the chances of not having any preexisting TA are low when you're with that much DA.

I don't think myself a math expert at all, in fact I make at least one mistake per math post I make, however I also don't use unrealistic situations to account for people who don't want to use their brains.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 01:39:39
Link | Citer | R

i make math mistakes like it's my job
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-07-04 01:40:54
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-04 01:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Even though it's an unlikely situation, it's still a situation that can occur. That's all that I was trying to point out. Really though my interjection was more a ploy to get people thinking. For example when counting actual hits, 1QA=3DA, but 3DA will be better more often than not.

I just like to stir the pot, so that people expand their thoughts.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 01:45:42
Link | Citer | R

You got me to solve for the value of D where 2 T begins to be worse than 3 D, so I appreciate that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-04 01:46:09
Link | Citer | R

I would agree if the person is gearing very poorly or in rare and unusual circumstances. In any realistic situation where they're not, however, the rules apply.

If it makes it better, I'll add a third basic rule for people who don't care about math to follow:

1) QA > TA > DA. An equal amount of QA will always be more effective than an equal amount of TA or DA, and an equal amount of TA will always be more effective than an equal amount of DA.

2) 1 QA = 3 extra hits per 100, 1 TA = 2 extra hits per 100, 1 DA = 1 extra hit per 100

3) If you're for some reason in extreme excess of DA with a minute amount of TA or QA, then DA can be superior to a minute amount of TA or QA.

Otherwise just use Sylow's guide... it's easy to follow and contains only basic mathematical operations. It's not that scary. You can even plug your numbers into a calculator, Windows has a scientific calculator built in that lets you do parentheses and brackets and everything!
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 01:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I would agree if the person is gearing very poorly or in rare and unusual circumstances. In any realistic situation where they're not, however, the rules apply.

If it makes it better, I'll add a third basic rule for people who don't care about math to follow:

1) QA > TA > DA. An equal amount of QA will always be more effective than an equal amount of TA or DA, and an equal amount of TA will always be more effective than an equal amount of DA.

2) 1 QA = 3 extra hits per 100, 1 TA = 2 extra hits per 100, 1 DA = 1 extra hit per 100

3) If you're for some reason in extreme excess of DA with no TA or QA, then DA can be superior to a minute amount of TA or QA.

Otherwise just use Sylow's guide... it's easy to follow and contains only basic mathematical operations. It's not that scary.

This is not actually a valid constraint~
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-04 01:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Okay that spreadsheet helped me understand better. I knew that QA > TA > DA, but I was a little skeptical about how the actual percentages were justified I guess. Basically it's better to have a chance at a QA than not to have a chance at a proc at all.

Thanks for that thread, too!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-04 01:52:09
Link | Citer | R

I'll show you a valid constraint~
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 01:53:31
Link | Citer | R

Seriously though

1%QA

2%TA < 3% DA

(1.65172 vs. 1.6537)

1% QA
1%TA

2% TA < 3% DA

(1.66558 vs. 1.667263)

Doesn't make it any more realistic, though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-04 01:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh also, 48>51DA really should be the norm for MONK during a zerg by the way if you have an 11 fighter's roll. Only problem is, you'll also have at 3-6%TA which does change the 3DA> 2TA thing slightly.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-04 01:54:35
Link | Citer | R

with minute amounts of TA or QA

FIX'D
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 01:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
Oh also, 48>51DA really should be the norm for MONK during a zerg by the way if you have an 11 fighter's roll. Only problem is, you'll also have at 3-6%TA which does change the 3DA> 2TA thing slightly.

And also 3% QA~
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 01:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
with minute amounts of TA or QA

FIX'D

There you go!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-04 01:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Oh god I just read through what I started D:
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-04 01:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Mostly me being dumb like usual, pay it no mind.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-04 02:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Not just you man but every other part of the thread XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-07-04 02:05:14
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »

I just like to be an *** about minute details when I get drunk, which is often.

Speaking of which, Sylow, I noticed your offhand Kraken Club formula doesn't account for Main-Hand OAX, lol. I wouldn't bother fixing it though, I mean who Main-Hands an OAX weapon with Kraken anyway.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-04 02:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »

I just like to be an *** about minute details when I get drunk, which is often.

Speaking of which, Sylow, I noticed your offhand Kraken Club formula doesn't account for Main-Hand OAX, lol. I wouldn't bother fixing it though, I mean who Main-Hands an OAX weapon with Kraken anyway.

Yeah, that's why I didn't account for it lol.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-08 17:35:42
Link | Citer | R

So thinking about making a Ragnarok. Was wondering what are the best TP/WS options for this weapon (with Resolution of course)? Don't include Neo-Nyzul or Armada/Valkyrie cause I haven't done any NN and I won't be getting the latter any time soon.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-07-08 17:38:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
So thinking about making a Ragnarok. Was wondering what are the best TP/WS options for this weapon (with Resolution of course)? Don't include Neo-Nyzul or Armada/Valkyrie cause I haven't done any NN and I won't be getting the latter any time soon.
Not to be a ***, but if you can afford a ragnarok, you can afford Armada/Valk.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-08 17:46:43
Link | Citer | R

One tp set to cap haste and 6 hit and one set where you stack DA TA QA for embrava situations. For ws you just need to stack str.
You only need 3 macros, you're just a ws machine.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-08 17:47:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Not to be a ***, but if you can afford a ragnarok, you can afford Armada/Valk.

I can't afford much atm haha. But doing dynamis every day for a couple months would be enough for any Relic. I'm not saying in the future after the Ragnarok is done I won't have either of them. But even after I have the Ragnarok at 75 I will be doing dynamis still for a while to farm the gil for Umbral Marrows, so my gil will be tied up for a long time. So until that point, I would like to know my best options until it's 99 and I can use my gil for something else.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-08 19:46:03
Link | Citer | R

If I magically got a Ragnarok right now this is what my TP and WS sets for DRK look like atm.

TP:

WS:

I know...lolFireBomblet.

TP Bonus Moonshade if it's better in one of the earring slots.
 Sylph.Wolfebane
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Wolfebane 2012-07-08 20:59:18
Link | Citer | R

If you use a parser you will notice that the more DA you stack the less of a difference it makes. Until it gets to the point of making almost no difference at all. Without complicating anything with formulas I would just assume that after about 15-20%DA you would be better off with any amount of TA or QA. Only this if you are at capped haste. And unless Embrava counts as gear haste you should keep capped haste on your gear set even with embrava. Haste > QA TA or DA if your goal is maximum dmg output. Embrava cap is 34% and i believe it is magic haste. Haste on a parser works the exact opposite of DA. Each haste you gain makes more difference on a parser then the last. Total haste cap is 80% so why not try to reach it?

In Short: HASTE > QA > TA > DA
Store TP is right behind haste if you can keep haste cap and it can bump you down a few hits in TP phase.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16