First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-12-06 18:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
if youre not using valiant idk wtf youre doin in 17% gear haste with only 3 haste from atmacites

Quote:
but either way valiant should never come off drk, latitutde + valiant would put that set at 25% haste
Desperate Blows.
To expand: Valiant isn't always the best choice for Drk, the Haste shouldn't ever matter in VW unless something is seriously going wrong. The HP is the main draw to it, at least in my opinion, while still providing STR+15. Damage wise Dark Designs is going to win hands down.
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2012-12-06 18:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:
if youre not using valiant idk wtf youre doin in 17% gear haste with only 3 haste from atmacites

Quote:
but either way valiant should never come off drk, latitutde + valiant would put that set at 25% haste
Desperate Blows.
This. An if I setup VW runs I always have x2 march and haste. Set would be a bit different without buffs.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-06 18:25:41
Link | Citer | R

valiant is 15 to all attributes, basicly covering ~11 acc, besides the str haste and hp

side note, its alittle different if you know 100% youll be haste capped with a brd, but thats not going to happen 100% of the time, so having 1 set for complete haste cap (ja/magic) and 1 set for lack of one or the other

regardless, needs moar acc even with diabolic eye or aggressor
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-12-06 18:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Depends what he's fighting, if that's a Qilin set he definitely does not need acc.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-06 18:56:09
Link | Citer | R

This is my current DRK/war acc tp set under capped magical haste+LR. Wondering if there are any improvements I can make for situations where my acc is low? I have access to most items (except Valk. Breastplate).

The dps spreadsheet shows ogier over phorcys hands. Not sure why...wondering if someone could explain or if I inputed something wrong?
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-12-06 19:06:55
Link | Citer | R

eat pizza/ get 2brds and madrigals :D
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-06 19:10:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Depends what he's fighting, if that's a Qilin set he definitely does not need acc.
hence my "anything over T3"

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

This is my current DRK/war acc tp set under capped magical haste+LR. Wondering if there are any improvements I can make for situations where my acc is low? I have access to most items (except Valk. Breastplate).

The dps spreadsheet shows ogier over phorcys hands. Not sure why...wondering if someone could explain or if I inputed something wrong?
double attack is depreciating value the higher it goes so the boost will be less as well, cant say i know why ogiers showed higher tho lol

avant +1 hands will give you the acc while keeping the DA that phorcys boasts
after that depends on what youre fighting, acc wise you could always switch to fire bomblet, anger bomblet or bomb core otherwise

on the steeper end mars's ring could replace tyrant's, (everything assumes some form of regain leaving less need for xhit)

edit:

my cap set, rag leaves alittle more wiggle room in the acc depot

edit2:
also for the record

my vw tp set when ma or ja haste isnt capped (anger bomblet or bomb core would probably be better options but atk/acc is usually capped anyway and i've no luck with anger bomblet)
(valiant/latitude/coercion)
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-06 21:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Ok I figured out what was wrong with the spread sheet regarding ogiers- thank you. Fiddled around with bombcore/bomblet ghille. and you were right.

Pizza is giving me higher DPS than RCB. :/ Is that to be expected?

I'm using Ig'Alima as a target no stalwarts with DE+Agrressor.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-06 21:56:37
Link | Citer | R

if youre anything but capped haste, any boost to acc is going to out weigh boosts in anything else, just have to find that sweet spot in the gear you have available where you cap and can push the raw dmg

also, if youre using latitude or valiant, you could easily keep bale head with very little acc loss while keeping full haste cap
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-06 21:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
if youre anything but capped haste, any boost to acc is going to out weigh boosts in anything else, just have to find that sweet spot in the gear you have available where you cap and can push the raw dmg

also, if youre using latitude or valiant, you could easily keep bale head with very little acc loss while keeping full haste cap
Thanks.

Also for for Legion mobs is Ig'Alima a fair target mob for DRK DPS spreadsheet? or should I adjust his stats?
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-06 22:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Ig-Alima is said to be lvl120, and drk type (im pretty sure lol) or atleast no crazy eva boost besides lvl, not sure exactly the standard youve been gauging by tho... ill see if i can pull some quick numbers from somewhere

edit: using ig-alima for your own raw acc should work well for the basic legion stuff, cant say for some of the rougher areas tho. i'd say what youve pulled together tho will be your best option (with maybe a few legion specific pieces) without the free acc you pull from relic
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-06 22:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
using ig-alima for your own raw acc should work well for the basic legion stuff, cant say for some of the rougher areas tho. i'd say what youve pulled together tho will be your best option (with maybe a few legion specific pieces) without the free acc you pull from relic

Yah I'm working on Rag atm. Pieces from legion? You mean that accuracy back piece?
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-06 22:26:22
Link | Citer | R

no was thinking the ring, 2% da and 8 acc in legion (instead of mars's)

and that back piece for mb? definately go for it especially till you get relic... no idea how common a drop it is tho x.x ive slacked on the mb front myself
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-07 09:14:50
Link | Citer | R

Letalis mantle is purchased with meeble points. 70k if I remember correctly. I had mine after 1 round through each tier and a couple end boss fights. (3 manned the entire event though which equates to more points per run)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-12-07 09:31:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
I had mine after 1 round through each tier and a couple end boss fights.

It should be noted that purchasing letalis mantle requires getting goal 3 on all runs at least once.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
By Barrick 2013-02-01 16:27:15
Link | Citer | R

So is 7 HIT but pushing a ton of DA TA QA a good option as well?

something like
ragnarok/duplus/ /Anger bomblet
phorcys/ganesha/kokou/brutal
Enif corazza/bale/rajas/tyrant's
atheling/windbuffet/phorcys/huginn

with this it is a 7 hit yes /SAM but 26% haste 12% DA 2% triple and 5% QA any thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful
 Sylph.Agentblade
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-02-01 16:41:24
Link | Citer | R

which body piece would be best to TP in for my drk? I have Ace's, Porthos, AF3+2, and Ares'. Im working on Valk, Ebod and possibly Enif atm. Was wondering what would be best to get me by till than.

*edit : This is what im currently using.

Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-02-01 16:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Depends on your weapon, best x-hit and subjob ;)
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2013-02-01 16:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Barrick said: »
So is 7 HIT but pushing a ton of DA TA QA a good option as well?

something like
ragnarok/duplus/ /Anger bomblet
phorcys/ganesha/kokou/brutal
Enif corazza/bale/rajas/tyrant's
atheling/windbuffet/phorcys/huginn

with this it is a 7 hit yes /SAM but 26% haste 12% DA 2% triple and 5% QA any thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful
I usually ignore STP when high regain or save TP comes in to play, so these kind of sets do have uses. If you are going to ignore STP though you may want to get rid of the sam sub. This is most definitly not something you should always do, but in places like Voidwatch or NNI it has merit.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-02-03 18:11:31
Link | Citer | R

This is the tp build I'm working towards now.

Seems to be a substantial boost over my current set

The augs on the Armadaberk is about what you would expect to find, 6 stp and 3 DA and such.

Thoughts?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-02-04 08:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
This is the tp build I'm working towards now.

Seems to be a substantial boost over my current set

The augs on the Armadaberk is about what you would expect to find, 6 stp and 3 DA and such.

Thoughts?

40stp to 31stp

What are you trying to accomplish?
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2013-02-04 08:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
which body piece would be best to TP in for my drk? I have Ace's, Porthos, AF3+2, and Ares'. Im working on Valk, Ebod and possibly Enif atm. Was wondering what would be best to get me by till than.

*edit : This is what im currently using.

Ace's will cap haste, but so will Porthos. I'd assume the TA on Porthos would win as long as you don't need Ace's ACC.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-02-04 14:09:36
Link | Citer | R

What I'm trying to accomplish is, this set will keep my 5hit, capped haste, while gaining 3 acc, 21 def, 15 str, 9attk, 3 DA and 2 TA, as well as a 11% boost to hp, and I guess mp too, with no real downside.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-02-04 14:28:07
Link | Citer | R

What I'm trying to accomplish is, this set will keep my 5hit, capped haste, while gaining 3 acc, 21 def, 15 str, 9attk, 3 DA and 2 TA, as well as a 11% boost to hp, and I guess mp too, with no real downside.

Is that all? lol

The real answer is swap Ares head for Phorcys. You'll want 34-39stp in your TP build.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-02-04 17:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. I thought I'd mathed it out that I could afford to lose that stp. Guess not. Well that's why I asked. Thanks for the feedback.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2013-02-04 18:33:18
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. I thought I'd mathed it out that I could afford to lose that stp. Guess not. Well that's why I asked. Thanks for the feedback.
Should be fine, your set gives you 20.2 tp a swing.
By Solrain 2013-02-04 18:47:13
Link | Citer | R

It works, but you'd have to Cata in 24 STP which probably makes the build not worth it overall. I think that's what Taint was getting at.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-02-04 19:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Yep. Right you are. I neglected to take that into account when I was making it. So I guess same set, just with the phorcys helm as Taint said.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2013-02-04 19:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Solrain said: »
It works, but you'd have to Cata in 24 STP which probably makes the build not worth it overall. I think that's what Taint was getting at.
Not sure why it would matter for a pre aftermath set.
By Solrain 2013-02-04 20:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Good point!
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16