well thank god for your parser
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-07-08 21:57:35
Link | Citer | R

Please tell us more about this mysterious stat called 'Haste' and the importance of capping it.
 Sylph.Wolfebane
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Wolfebane 2012-07-09 10:02:16
Link | Citer | R

I only posted that cuz i thought it was strange that people have embrava sets where they stack QA TA and DA and arent near cap haste. Sorry I dont have any gear sets of my own to post atm cept the typical capped haste 6hit setup.... Im sure people already have good 5hit capped haste gear sets posted. When I finish mine ill probably post it, but im lazy atm ;P

I was just trying to give info to ppl with sets posted and I have no intention of ever trolling in forums. Hope the info has helped and please just take it for what it is. Im not bashing anyone and you should play how you want as long as you pay your own bill imo.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-09 10:04:47
Link | Citer | R

Embrava sets don't need capped haste in tp set, as long as you have last resort up.
Haste + Embrava + LR = only need 12% or so gear haste to cap total haste.
That's why they did'nt have capped :p
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-09 11:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wolfebane said: »
I only posted that cuz i thought it was strange that people have embrava sets where they stack QA TA and DA and arent near cap haste. Sorry I dont have any gear sets of my own to post atm cept the typical capped haste 6hit setup.... Im sure people already have good 5hit capped haste gear sets posted. When I finish mine ill probably post it, but im lazy atm ;P

I was just trying to give info to ppl with sets posted and I have no intention of ever trolling in forums. Hope the info has helped and please just take it for what it is. Im not bashing anyone and you should play how you want as long as you pay your own bill imo.

Embrava+Haste is 43% (reduced for simplicity)
Last Resort is 25%
Leaves 12% needed for gear
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-07-09 11:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Giving you a load of snark because you were preaching to the choir, Wolfebane.

Yeah, a SCH only actually needs 432 skill to cap magical haste with Embrava+Haste, so the obsession with 500+ skill sets is a little silly except for the regen and 1/tic more regain, and then DRKs only need 11.25 haste to reach 80%. It's actually an old conundrum that used to involve double marches.

You still need a full 25/26% set for LR-down, but yes it's entirely possible to find a 5-hit on Rag or even 4-hit Apoc if you have smart sets for LR-up and know you're getting capped magical haste like in Neo-Nyzul. It really is the next step in TP set development, especially if Geomancer has any native haste abilities.
By LiandraLevi 2012-07-09 11:52:11
Link | Citer | R

So what sort of set should a AH/Abyssea DRK look into assembling, assuming they are about to start Neo Nyzul and would need just 12% gear Haste most of the time?

Also, is the haste from Embrava reduced if not at/over 500 enhancing?

I'm assuming Bale Head Goading and Ace's feet for the Store TP, I'd be over 12% but not sure what replacement gear I should use.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-09 12:00:47
Link | Citer | R

LiandraLevi said: »
So what sort of set should a AH/Abyssea DRK look into assembling, assuming they are about to start Neo Nyzul and would need just 12% gear Haste most of the time?

Also, is the haste from Embrava reduced if not at/over 500 enhancing?

I'm assuming Bale Head Goading and Ace's feet for the Store TP, I'd be over 12% but not sure what replacement gear I should use.

For NN most DRKs will be subbing /WAR. You can pretty much throw your xhit (not that you should totally ignore but I wouldn't stress about it either)out the window because most of the time are running around with regain active.

The haste over 420 skill gets reduced by haste spell. (Magic haste caps at 43.3% ~444/1024) so with haste (15%) you only need 28.3% from Embrava. Enhancing Magic÷15 + 1% Haste = 28.3 -1 x15 = 409 but incase it doesn't round people use 420 as the baseline for capped embrava haste. (29-1*15=420)

500 skill is nice for events like NN where you will not have haste full time (and the extra regain/regen)but anything over 420 is sufficient.
 Sylph.Wolfebane
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Wolfebane 2012-07-09 12:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Nice. That makes sense. I wasnt thinking about how much haste embrava actually gives. Thanks for enlightening me.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-15 12:51:05
Link | Citer | R

whats best TP Set more or less for DRK/SAM using Rag 99 to 6hit with Nyzul gear? And what would you swap out for Embrava/haste up?
 Asura.Yoyou
Serveur: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-07-15 13:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
whats best TP Set more or less for DRK/SAM using Rag 99 to 6hit with Nyzul gear? And what would you swap out for Embrava/haste up?

<ammo>Hagneia Stone</ammo>
<head>Phorcys Salade</head>
<neck>Rancor collar</neck>
<lear>Bale Earring</lear>
<rear>Brutal Earring</rear>
<body>Armada Hauberk</body>
<hands>Bale gauntlets +2</hands>
<lring>Tyrant's Ring</lring>
<rring>Rajas Ring</rring>
<back>Atheling Mantle</back>
<waist>Goading Belt</waist>
<legs>Phorcys Dirs</legs>
<feet>Ace's Leggings</feet>

Just need Reso to land first hit and you will be fine.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-15 13:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Isn't Mala best neck? I thought i read that here and there in other drk tp threads.

Whats minimum StoreTp you need on Adaberk?

I thought it will be this set but wasnt sure. Thx alot both of you!
 Asura.Yoyou
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-07-15 13:42:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm 0/377 on Mala currently so Rancor is the best option I've atm.
My Armada has 6 stp and 2 DA , yes you need 5-6 STP where the last option would be the ideal because you won't have to bother to synergy it again.

5stp ~ 17.1*5+13.3= 98.8

6stp ~ 17.2*5+13.3= 99.3

^
no Rose

Sorry I've forgot to mention I use a rose strap with ragna where it is 17.7 each swing so it was 17.7*5+13.7 >profit.
The pole grip above must have confused me , sorry.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-15 14:00:00
Link | Citer | R

ONLY 4 hits on Reso?
I'd aim for no more than max 3 hits <_>
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-15 14:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Damn annoying when you do miss one hit too much though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-15 14:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said: »
he asked for minimum, and its still miss tolerant

if youre only hitting 3/5 regularly then you need to look at your accuracy.

*she

well if its 4 hits for resolution maybe we better go with rose strap and have dat 6hit more or less for sure
[+]
 Fenrir.Ghostknight
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zeraphion
By Fenrir.Ghostknight 2012-07-15 14:35:29
Link | Citer | R

Some of the sets I've come up with, none have a perfect hit build as I find it stupid when you have regain.

VW March+haste+Latitude:

Embrava+haste:

VW Embrava+haste+Latitude:
 Asura.Yoyou
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-07-15 15:06:21
Link | Citer | R

he asked for minimum, and its still miss tolerant

if youre only hitting 3/5 regularly then you need to look at your accuracy.

*she

well if its 4 hits for resolution maybe we better go with rose strap and have dat 6hit more or less for sure
Rose strap is a terrible idea. Get 6 stp on adaberk or ws in rajas if youre worried about missing 2/5.

Edit:
There is really no reason to /sam in current content anyway. /war and 7 hit.

There's really no reason to play drk with the current contents anyway. SAM/WAR and rape everything.

People play what they want how they want I guess , she asked for something and got multiples answer she'll go with whatever she'll be pleased with eventually
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-07-15 15:09:27
Link | Citer | R

lmao
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-15 15:11:42
Link | Citer | R

we still need to augment his adaberk and he only has NQ so will be 5 stp max for now ._. i mean rose strap for now to see how it works if acc on w/e he do is fine then can still change rose with Pole. Pole was the grip we wanted to use anyways, but youall made it sound its not something you can count on :x

I thought those low STP already count on raja for WS but if not than it should be fine i guess. On ADL /sam is nice to just shot out 2 ws after each other once split. /SAM seemed to work better there (Normally all just do 2-4 WS on ADL before its death)
 Asura.Yoyou
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-07-15 15:15:41
Link | Citer | R

we still need to augment his adaberk and he only has NQ so will be 5 stp max for now ._. i mean rose strap for now to see how it works if acc on w/e he do is fine then can still change rose with Pole. Pole was the grip we wanted to use anyways, but youall made it sound its not something you can count on :x

I thought those low STP already count on raja for WS but if not than it should be fine i guess. On ADL /sam is nice to just shot out 2 ws after each other once split. /SAM seemed to work better there (Normally all just do 2-4 WS on ADL before its death)

Rajas is already accounted in that set , so yeah with rose 13.7 with only the first hit , without rose 13.3, usually 3/5 hits land but incase acc is low or anything else with /sam and that set up I've only to rely on the first hit to land to keep my Xhit
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-15 15:22:26
Link | Citer | R

i think counting on 3/5 hits land is a good.

So to understand it good, StoreTp also effect the "extra" hits. Does it sound right? So when i WS with 6 STP in WS set and /sam i get 15.7 TP after 3 hits ya?

*ninjaredit 15.7
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16