My Bandwagon Mnk thread
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 08:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

*** that ***, it seriously lacks content for the apathetic fatso player class.
By Wombat 2011-02-03 08:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

It's called food, unoob.
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-03 08:32:30
Link | Citer | R

Wombat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It's called food, unoob.

*** yes, I love food.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 08:34:03
Link | Citer | R

I've had enough of levelling that stat. I want more content damnit.
 Bismarck.Selzak
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-02-03 12:13:55
Link | Citer | R

"MY GIRLFRIEND" aside, people do take this game way too seriously. As cliché and repeated as this is to say, it's true and often forgotten: This is just a video game, not a job. Have fun.

I've played this game for the better part of 7 years, and for the most part I had the elitist, everything is either optimal or wrong attitude. People who play the game like that are rarely having fun though, the game becomes work instead of a game.

The reason for this is probably because it takes so much time to get ***done in this game. You have people who actually manage to get most things done (either because they have a lot of free time, or because the game is their #1 priority), and then you have people who just hop on to play around in their free time between work and/or school and haven't had the chance to accomplish as much as the former group.

It takes a lot of time and effort to do some of the stuff in this game, which is why most of us like it. However, when you put in that time and effort and then see someone who hasn't but they aren't really losing out on anything, you want to create that separation that you feel you deserve for having worked so hard. The need to create that separation is what really causes this whole attitude, and it wouldn't happen if people just played the game and got their gear for the enjoyment of it instead of with the false expectation of impressing other players.

It may sound silly, but if you really examine yourself most of you will probably find that you're playing this game for the social aspects of recognition and praise. This is why most people play MMO's, and it's also why most people who play MMO's happen to be shut-ins. It's the fact that you go to a virtual world for recognition that makes you a typical, laughable lame-*** sitting at his computer all day...not the act itself. If you could break that (it's hard), you would get a lot more enjoyment out of the game and life in general.

This isn't an attack on anyone in particular, just a heads up for everyone I guess. I've been though it, out of it, back again, etc... You just have to be careful with your priorities, and the MNK bandwagon thread is full of people who've made the (very easy) mistake of losing touch.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
Serveur: Cerberus
user: collapse
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2011-02-03 12:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Selzak said:
"MY GIRLFRIEND" aside, people do take this game way too seriously. As cliché and repeated as this is to say, it's true and often forgotten: This is just a video game, not a job. Have fun. I've played this game for the better part of 7 years, and for the most part I had the elitist, everything is either optimal or wrong attitude. People who play the game like that are rarely having fun though, the game becomes work instead of a game. The reason for this is probably because it takes so much time to get ***done in this game. You have people who actually manage to get most things done (either because they have a lot of free time, or because the game is their #1 priority), and then you have people who just hop on to play around in their free time between work and/or school and haven't had the chance to accomplish as much as the former group. It takes a lot of time and effort to do some of the stuff in this game, which is why most of us like it. However, when you put in that time and effort and then see someone who hasn't but they aren't really losing out on anything, you want to create that separation that you feel you deserve for having worked so hard. The need to create that separation is what really causes this whole attitude, and it wouldn't happen if people just played the game and got their gear for the enjoyment of it instead of with the false expectation of impressing other players. It may sound silly, but if you really examine yourself most of you will probably find that you're playing this game for the social aspects of recognition and praise. This is why most people play MMO's, and it's also why most people who play MMO's happen to be shut-ins. It's the fact that you go to a virtual world for recognition that makes you a typical, laughable lame-*** sitting at his computer all day...not the act itself. If you could break that (it's hard), you would get a lot more enjoyment out of the game and life in general. This isn't an attack on anyone in particular, just a heads up for everyone I guess. I've been though it, out of it, back again, etc... You just have to be careful with your priorities, and the MNK bandwagon thread is full of people who've made the (very easy) mistake of losing touch.

No. Just. No.

it's not about having "the best" gear. It's about not being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE with your gear choices.

I mean for fook's sake: Swift Belt? Sattva Ring? Locquacious Earring??

Jumping Jesus raptors you can buy better gear than that for less than 500k gil on the AH. And the better belt is fooking free if you spend a couple hours (yes, a couple hours) total on the quest.

Stop with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE white-knighting. The OP is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and simply comes off as a lazy fukker who is trying to justify being a gimp piece of ***.
[+]
By Wombat 2011-02-03 12:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Selzak said:
Would it make me a bad person if I bring up your purple belt?

/runsawaygiggling

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 12:34:34
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 12:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
OP is a troll, also people able to have sex and not being terrible at the game should be considered gods.
I accept all forms of sacrafices to my temples. Bring me gifts >=O
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-02-03 12:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Selzak said:
"MY GIRLFRIEND" aside, people do take this game way too seriously. As cliché and repeated as this is to say, it's true and often forgotten: This is just a video game, not a job. Have fun.

I've played this game for the better part of 7 years, and for the most part I had the elitist, everything is either optimal or wrong attitude. People who play the game like that are rarely having fun though, the game becomes work instead of a game.

The reason for this is probably because it takes so much time to get ***done in this game. You have people who actually manage to get most things done (either because they have a lot of free time, or because the game is their #1 priority), and then you have people who just hop on to play around in their free time between work and/or school and haven't had the chance to accomplish as much as the former group.

It takes a lot of time and effort to do some of the stuff in this game, which is why most of us like it. However, when you put in that time and effort and then see someone who hasn't but they aren't really losing out on anything, you want to create that separation that you feel you deserve for having worked so hard. The need to create that separation is what really causes this whole attitude, and it wouldn't happen if people just played the game and got their gear for the enjoyment of it instead of with the false expectation of impressing other players.

It may sound silly, but if you really examine yourself most of you will probably find that you're playing this game for the social aspects of recognition and praise. This is why most people play MMO's, and it's also why most people who play MMO's happen to be shut-ins. It's the fact that you go to a virtual world for recognition that makes you a typical, laughable lame-*** sitting at his computer all day...not the act itself. If you could break that (it's hard), you would get a lot more enjoyment out of the game and life in general.

This isn't an attack on anyone in particular, just a heads up for everyone I guess. I've been though it, out of it, back again, etc... You just have to be careful with your priorities, and the MNK bandwagon thread is full of people who've made the (very easy) mistake of losing touch.

Playing the game with people that don't have an interest in getting better, is like doing anything else in life with people that don't have an interest in getting better. It effing sucks. If someone insists on being an ignorant, lazy person in game, chances are they are an ignorant, lazy person in life.

If a population is a bell curve where the middle point marks competency, then you have a pretty good number of people that are just incompetent.

But in both situations (game and life), you can educate yourself, and make small but significant changes towards getting better. Its people that refuse to do it (whatever the reason, in whatever the situation) that people have issues with.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-02-03 12:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Selzak said:
Stuff

Stop pretending this is a concept that applies only to games. Nobody cares if you're doing FoV in Cesti and a white belt. The second you start interacting with other players you start wasting their time. It applies to work, relationships, sports etc. If you don't pull your weight you get your *** kicked.

Brb, having sex in my black belt.
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
Serveur: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-02-03 12:43:01
Link | Citer | R

There are all diffrent types of ppl who all got diffrent ***going on in RL. Me for example play everyday after work and i put my kids to bed, sometimes when i dont have to work the next day i'll play to 3am. but thats because i'm married and have 2 kids, so ffxi is my time to relax, but i garuntee that if i was single i would be playing this game a whole lot less if at all. other ppl mabey temporarily unemployed who binge for a month before they get another job then u dont see them as much once they get a job. ery 1 has there reasons to play the ones who r questionable r the ones who remain un-employed for extended period of time , do not go to school or basicly have no reason they shouldnt be out doing something else. I feel sorry for them , and tbh i dont think theres many out there. i hope ><
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-03 12:44:40
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bismarck.Selzak said:
Stuff

Stop pretending this is a concept that applies only to games. Nobody cares if you're doing FoV in Cesti and a white belt. The second you start interacting with other players you start wasting their time. It applies to work, relationships, sports etc. If you don't pull your weight you get your *** kicked.

Brb, having sex in my black belt.

Q________Q
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-03 13:07:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm so leet I have sex and play ffxi at the same time.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 13:10:46
Link | Citer | R

Or just have a girl under the desk, not gunna lie, it happened to me once. Was in a party in qufim island. Was pretty awesome. but havnig lived with my GF for almost three years and only had that happen twice, kind of a let down. Id expect it more :(
 Fenrir.Snick
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-03 13:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Selzak said:
When I still played I was working 30+ hours a week and going to school. My gear isn't(Or wasn't) bad. But what was more important to me was my friends ***, anyways.

You are the dumbest person.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-03 13:21:31
Link | Citer | R

As a side note, how come everyone who pulls the RL card has their RL pic as their avatar and are also really ugly?

Most of the trolls on AH are pretty hot. You guys know who you are.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 13:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Or just have a girl under the desk, not gunna lie, it happened to me once. Was in a party in qufim island. Was pretty awesome. but havnig lived with my GF for almost three years and only had that happen twice, kind of a let down. Id expect it more :(
You should make a new thread about how awesome you are, wait what am I saying you should write a book about it. Personally I am doing a thesis on how having sex between HNM windows is good for health.
Rofl, how about you write the book. Can PM me with any questions on how to be awesome :D

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 13:29:40
Link | Citer | R

You sir, have a deal.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-02-03 13:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Mnk bandwaggon, I wanted to get in on that! I was totally fooled into looking here for information on mnk. I've been thinkng about leveling it and well...now I feel cheated and lied to. Damn you, damn you all to hell. You stole ten minutes from me and I want them all back.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2011-02-03 13:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Damn it's abbyssea! Any noob in almost any hodgepodge of gear can be productive provided they have decent atmas. Maybe it will take an extra few nukes, a few more of the whitemages mp or maybe even some of those temporary items. Gear ultimately makes a much smaller difference in outcome of an event inside of abyssea as it does outside of it. (Outside of abbyssea where skill becomes more apparent gear is more of a must) I'm pretty sure thats why SE did it like this to make the game fun for the casual gamer again.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-02-04 01:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
My own ss's would actually be a lot worse than each of those pics, but I don't wanna waste my time uploading the pic as a demonstration.

See its a lot of the same gear for other jobs, and I don't waste time getting money together for a new job, nor do I really have time to since I can go 30-90 in 1-2 days instead of a couple months or so. I'm very gimp.

This is coming off as very apologetic - which is incorrect, see, I don't care, a friendly reminder from your friends that have a life, I'm a busy person, I didn't read into the str equations of a video game, crazy? I like to go out, on dates, dates are random in time, so I can't set aside time for ls's events etc. Nor do I really have time to farm huge amounts of gil. And dates, dates usually lead to the ultimate human emotion of all.

So you keep making fun of that maybe 15 year old kid whoms video game character is wearing the wrong necklace and earrings, yes sir, you're the one winning life.
recently had a valkurm dunes party. (yes they exist somehow)
and the dnc had no equips besides the leather set (lvl 7 ftw) and a lvl 1 dagger. asked why he didn't get like more better weapons he replied: naw i take it to abyssea exp range then i just leech it.

i kicked him. and blacklisted him. you don't play your job in a way everyone in the party can gain something from it; even if it's just exp: gtfo. please logg out *** so many *** you want but don't login.

hell you would be suprised how many blm's i've seen that don't have stonega II or Sleepga II "durr, it's expensive". you don't have the necessary things for you lvl you don't get an invite or something else, that simple.

and now please go back afk in your abyssea alliance and leech again. because we know skill isn't what matters. your hand to hand skill is even with 50 still fine.

piss off tosser.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-04 01:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
As a side note, how come everyone who pulls the RL card has their RL pic as their avatar and are also really ugly?

Most of the trolls on AH are pretty hot. You guys know who you are.

¿
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-04 01:32:54
Link | Citer | R

yes, you
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick