Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » My Bandwagon Mnk thread
My Bandwagon Mnk thread
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Sevourn 2011-02-02 21:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

ALSO as someone with such a busy life, why are you still on this one forum!? I've done a lot of crap since this forum started i can tell you that lol.

because he is doing a complex social experiment and we are all but his helpless puppets
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-02-02 21:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
ALSO as someone with such a busy life, why are you still on this one forum!? I've done a lot of crap since this forum started i can tell you that lol.
because he is doing a complex social experiment and we are all but his helpless puppets
Oh well then the next question is when are the results going to published and where would i be able to get my hands on his work.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 21:42:09
Link | Citer | R

His ***.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-02-02 21:45:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm still not understanding the point of posting all of this. There's two possibilities here: a) you want to be a good player or b) you don't want to be a good player.

If you want to actually be a good player, then researching the job and obtaining the items to get you there shouldn't seem like such an issue. It shouldn't even seem like a chore, it should be something you want to do for yourself. You wouldn't be here defending your gear or arguing with us if you were trying to get to the point of being decent, it seems like you just want an excuse to stay gimp forever. We all start from scratch, and some of us stay at that point because we're lazy/uninterested and some of us move forward because we want to. I don't care how many resources or gil you have, it's the intent of being a better player that will get you there, not buying yourself 100 million gil worth of items and not even knowing what to do with it.

Now, if you don't want to be a good player, then that's your decision. But why mock us for mocking you? You shouldn't care what we think and should just be enjoying the social life that we, apparently, lack. If you're too lazy or ignorant to gear yourself logically, then we will continue to make fun of your laziness/ignorance, and you should continue to not care because being a good player doesn't concern you compared to family, friends, or hamburgers sex.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-02 22:02:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-02 22:03:27
Link | Citer | R

and if the op had as much of a life as he portrays, he wouldn't have the time to make threads on videogame forums to argue with people about how they don't have lives.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-02 22:04:22
Link | Citer | R

lol and his mnk sucks
[+]
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2011-02-02 22:29:57
Link | Citer | R

I skimmed this thread, and even reread it carefully, and I'm still not entirely sure what you're trying to defend, Marrs.

The purpose of the Bandwagon thread is to point out people who leveled Monk to 90 because it's the new popular job; people who never cared enough about the job to do research about it to play the job correctly. Samurai was the last bandwagon job, and you can't tell me you cringed every time you had a soboro wielding 4/5 Hachiman/Wyvern Helm Samurai ruining your experience party.

First, I'll address common sense. The definitive haste cap for gear/magic/abilities has been discovered years ago. Sure, calculus is involved to determine just how much each 1% haste is having on your total damage done, but the fact that this kind of knowledge has been common for years does not. You can ask anybody and they'll tell you that TPing in more haste is good. Brown Belt's 8% to Twilight's 7% should not even need to be questioned. Further, there is absolutely no chance that a person who has gone through all the pre-requisites to access the Twilight God BCNM do not know this. Therefore, someone who chooses to use a Twilight Belt over a Brown Belt knows that they're making a poor decision.

Secondly, you try to argue that someone who is new to the game and happens to choose Monk as their first level capped job might be too poor to gear correctly. As of right now, FFXI is Abyssea. Low/mid level range is virtually non-existant. Therefore, we can assume that any new player to FFXI is there because of a referral from a friend, or at the very least, makes "a" friend with someone who can get said player into an abyssea experience party. As mentioned earlier, cruor will be plentiful immediately, meaning the new player can purchase aurore/teal/perle gear to NPC. In fact, if you compare the full Aurore set stats with what was standard for Monks as TP gear at 75, you'll find it's not that far behind. Nobody else has mentioned, either, the current price for new spells that come from gold pyxis in the Heroes abyssea areas, such as Blizzard V and Firaga. Selling one or two of those means an entire new wardrobe for a new Monk, Brown Belt included.

Third, and I believe this has been addressed, is that you assume that because someone isn't in top of the line, white-box gear, they're automatically gimp. This is not the case. Sure, a new player won't have access to sea or sky right away, but AF3+1 items are very easily acquired and far superior to what was previously available. Most NMs can be duo'd by a Monk and a healer, but acquiring them can also be from a linkshell group, or even through one of the many shout groups you see forming daily. Once you have a solid foundation, you can work on upgrading and tweaking gear. The kinds of people you see in these bandwagon/confused threads are people that slap together questionable or worthless gear from some of their other level capped jobs to make what they consider passable. This kind of attitude is really a slap in the face to people who take the job seriously. When Samurai was the bandwagon job, the popular view of Dragoon was simply "loldrg". If you ever teamed up with a good Dragoon, you'd have seen that Dragoon was a very solid damage dealer, but the fact that most Dragoons used 4/5 AF and Scorpion Harness and never food is why they had gained such a reputation.

Lastly, the real life card. Describing clearly fanciful real life endeavors or possessions basically tells us the truth is the complete opposite, simply because you tried to use that as a point in your argument. In this case, bragging about "lots of sex". It's like going to your high school reunion and telling all your former classmates that you have a six figure annual income when you're really just a garbage collector or a custodian. Further, every single person in every single online role playing game has a real life. You can't argue that someone who takes the time to research how to correctly gear a particular job has no life. In fact, research can be as simple as asking a veteran linkshell member or friend for gear advice. The FFXIAH community is also an excellent resource as long as you aren't picking needless quarrels. The best part of all is that you'll get your answer quickly without needing to use any math! So you'll not only be playing correctly, but you'll still be spending as much time outside of game as if you continued "doinitrong".

(No tl;dr as points were mostly emphasis on what's been covered.)
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-02 22:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Kaomii said:

If Marrs to argue against this he's a drooling moron.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-02-02 22:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Kaomii said:

That was beautiful
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-02 22:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Kaomii said:
I skimmed this thread, and even reread it carefully, and I'm still not entirely sure what you're trying to defend, Marrs.

The purpose of the Bandwagon thread is to point out people who leveled Monk to 90 because it's the new popular job; people who never cared enough about the job to do research about it to play the job correctly. Samurai was the last bandwagon job, and you can't tell me you cringed every time you had a soboro wielding 4/5 Hachiman/Wyvern Helm Samurai ruining your experience party.

First, I'll address common sense. The definitive haste cap for gear/magic/abilities has been discovered years ago. Sure, calculus is involved to determine just how much each 1% haste is having on your total damage done, but the fact that this kind of knowledge has been common for years does not. You can ask anybody and they'll tell you that TPing in more haste is good. Brown Belt's 8% to Twilight's 7% should not even need to be questioned. Further, there is absolutely no chance that a person who has gone through all the pre-requisites to access the Twilight God BCNM do not know this. Therefore, someone who chooses to use a Twilight Belt over a Brown Belt knows that they're making a poor decision.

Secondly, you try to argue that someone who is new to the game and happens to choose Monk as their first level capped job might be too poor to gear correctly. As of right now, FFXI is Abyssea. Low/mid level range is virtually non-existant. Therefore, we can assume that any new player to FFXI is there because of a referral from a friend, or at the very least, makes "a" friend with someone who can get said player into an abyssea experience party. As mentioned earlier, cruor will be plentiful immediately, meaning the new player can purchase aurore/teal/perle gear to NPC. In fact, if you compare the full Aurore set stats with what was standard for Monks as TP gear at 75, you'll find it's not that far behind. Nobody else has mentioned, either, the current price for new spells that come from gold pyxis in the Heroes abyssea areas, such as Blizzard V and Firaga. Selling one or two of those means an entire new wardrobe for a new Monk, Brown Belt included.

Third, and I believe this has been addressed, is that you assume that because someone isn't in top of the line, white-box gear, they're automatically gimp. This is not the case. Sure, a new player won't have access to sea or sky right away, but AF3+1 items are very easily acquired and far superior to what was previously available. Most NMs can be duo'd by a Monk and a healer, but acquiring them can also be from a linkshell group, or even through one of the many shout groups you see forming daily. Once you have a solid foundation, you can work on upgrading and tweaking gear. The kinds of people you see in these bandwagon/confused threads are people that slap together questionable or worthless gear from some of their other level capped jobs to make what they consider passable. This kind of attitude is really a slap in the face to people who take the job seriously. When Samurai was the bandwagon job, the popular view of Dragoon was simply "loldrg". If you ever teamed up with a good Dragoon, you'd have seen that Dragoon was a very solid damage dealer, but the fact that most Dragoons used 4/5 AF and Scorpion Harness and never food is why they had gained such a reputation.

Lastly, the real life card. Describing clearly fanciful real life endeavors or possessions basically tells us the truth is the complete opposite, simply because you tried to use that as a point in your argument. In this case, bragging about "lots of sex". It's like going to your high school reunion and telling all your former classmates that you have a six figure annual income when you're really just a garbage collector or a custodian. Further, every single person in every single online role playing game has a real life. You can't argue that someone who takes the time to research how to correctly gear a particular job has no life. In fact, research can be as simple as asking a veteran linkshell member or friend for gear advice. The FFXIAH community is also an excellent resource as long as you aren't picking needless quarrels. The best part of all is that you'll get your answer quickly without needing to use any math! So you'll not only be playing correctly, but you'll still be spending as much time outside of game as if you continued "doinitrong".

(No tl;dr as points were mostly emphasis on what's been covered.)
Yeah but he has lots of sex so your points are moot.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-02-02 22:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
I'm still not understanding the point of posting all of this. There's two possibilities here: a) you want to be a good player or b) you don't want to be a good player.

If you want to actually be a good player, then researching the job and obtaining the items to get you there shouldn't seem like such an issue. It shouldn't even seem like a chore, it should be something you want to do for yourself. You wouldn't be here defending your gear or arguing with us if you were trying to get to the point of being decent, it seems like you just want an excuse to stay gimp forever. We all start from scratch, and some of us stay at that point because we're lazy/uninterested and some of us move forward because we want to. I don't care how many resources or gil you have, it's the intent of being a better player that will get you there, not buying yourself 100 million gil worth of items and not even knowing what to do with it.

Now, if you don't want to be a good player, then that's your decision. But why mock us for mocking you? You shouldn't care what we think and should just be enjoying the social life that we, apparently, lack. If you're too lazy or ignorant to gear yourself logically, then we will continue to make fun of your laziness/ignorance, and you should continue to not care because being a good player doesn't concern you compared to family, friends, or hamburgers sex.

Excellent, what I also tend to find to be true in many FFXI'ers is that more often times than not, Having that extra good gear, the little stuff thats above and beyond the norm, shows a level of dedication in all levels of life. Even though it may be to a video game, it often manifests in more than ONE dimension of a person's life (work, school, relationships). People who hide behind the excuse "OH HEY I GOT A REAL LIFE!" are just plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, cant show any commitment, and if they won't spend 5 minutes to read up on a job just to make it that much better, then they are often lacking in the determination to make anything better.

Edit: TL;DR If you cant commit 5 minutes of your life to commit to a game, then odds are you cant commit to alot of things in life
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-02 23:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:

I can't imagine he has lots of sex with anything that has a will of its own.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-02-02 23:21:11
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

I can't imagine he has lots of sex with anything that has a will of its own.

Maybe?
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-02 23:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
My own ss's would actually be a lot worse than each of those pics, but I don't wanna waste my time uploading the pic as a demonstration.

See its a lot of the same gear for other jobs, and I don't waste time getting money together for a new job, nor do I really have time to since I can go 30-90 in 1-2 days instead of a couple months or so. I'm very gimp.

This is coming off as very apologetic - which is incorrect, see, I don't care, a friendly reminder from your friends that have a life, I'm a busy person, I didn't read into the str equations of a video game, crazy? I like to go out, on dates, dates are random in time, so I can't set aside time for ls's events etc. Nor do I really have time to farm huge amounts of gil. And dates, dates usually lead to the ultimate human emotion of all.

So you keep making fun of that maybe 15 year old kid whoms video game character is wearing the wrong necklace and earrings, yes sir, you're the one winning life.

Hey, the whole "I have a real life" thing is pretty tired. Nobody really cares. And implying that other people don't, is pretty classless and douchey. But whatever.

My point is that I am almost 100% sure that you come across people in game from time to time, and think, "you're doing it wrong." That's all this whole thing is. See, the catch is that different people spend different amounts of time playing, different amounts of effort, different amounts of research - some people are naturally better at video games, and some people are nicer (or meaner) than others. So naturally, everyone has a different line before someone is "trying hard enough." It's all about personal experience and preference.

So, here's what I get from your post:
1. You don't think people try hard enough at more standard social activities.
2. Instead of being polite, you try to mock and tease people about it.
3. You want the whole world (or at least ffxiah) to see how cool you are by thinking that way.

Wait...
TheGimpMonkThread said:

1. People not thinking people try hard enough at the job.
2. People sometimes being *** about it.
3. Saying all this out in public for ffxiah to see.

In what way are you any different, really?

And look, most of us around here "get it." Like, me - I am pretty sure Tiger would be able to find PLENTY of things wrong with how I play. I am sure he's right - and I've gotten a lot of good advice from him. Still, I am a few tiers below his skill level (but getting better all the time.) Yet, I play monk most of the time, I have a good time, and I do a pretty good job for my LS at events. So what's the big deal? If he doesn't "like" me, that's ok.

At the same time, I see monks that just make me cringe, and I don't know where they started going wrong or how to begin to fix them. But holyfuckingshit! They're out there, (presumably) having fun, getting things done, and helping people/ls's out. So who cares if I don't like them?

The point is, do a little reflecting before you get on your high horse. Maybe you'll see some things in yourself that you're so offended by in others.

Or hey, maybe your not interested in taking a little time to improve yourself. I don't know ***about you, except this *** hole post.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-02-03 04:04:37
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Lol my op makes no point about the hardcore video game players life (they could be married and having sex all the time actually), my thread is a play on peoples choice of interest and how much they've let a video game become theres (to a point of making a thread to make fun of someone elses characters earrings) get a clue guy. Stop trying to make a strawman argument. Gimme a argument or a point.
To the point of making a thread defending your e-ego.
He attacked the personality he saw in the op (without knowing if it was even mine of course besides say, a glimpse of a more vague picture), I replied to that. Of course its going to take a personal course if someone makes it.
Unicorn.Marrs said:
This is coming off as very apologetic - which is incorrect, see, I don't care, a friendly reminder from your friends that have a life, I'm a busy person, I didn't read into the str equations of a video game, crazy?
Thought you didn't care bro?
I don't care about making apologies for my mnk's gear. You're taking that statement way out of context simply because it includes the words "I dont care". Please stop trying to debate me. For your own good. ;-P

What? How the hell is that taken out of context? You stated, explicitly, that you don't care that your MNK is gimp. However, you argued for nearly 2hrs here defending your gimpness and grasping at straws. If you didn't care that you're gimp, then people making fun of your gear wouldn't phase you and you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

Now how about you go shoot yourself, for the world's good ;-P
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 04:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Oh god people, please don't feed the incredibly obvious trolls.
 Unicorn.Marrs
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flippant said:

Its actually not that simple, people could can want to be a better player, but not have the time to do so and still have a considerable amount of fun. There's all sorts of variety of issues that can be here, its not so black and white as you want it to be, good or not, someone could want to be the best ffxi player ever, but not have enough time to even play. I know we all start from scratch, but that thread was based mostly on pictures, snapshot images of a persons gear. This thread, was obviously a train from that.

Secondly your speaking as if from a point of authority, if you're gear isn't good enough or logical, we will continue to make fun of you, but like I said before, you don't know what you're making fun of. The whole process is stupid vie a lack of ignorance on your part in reality, not even necessarily because you're right or wrong mathematically. You're making fun of another human being because his video game character is wearing the wrong scarf. I think the problem with that escapes you all, its pathetic.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 05:09:41
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Ragnarok.Flippant said:

Excellent, what I also tend to find to be true in many FFXI'ers is that more often times than not, Having that extra good gear, the little stuff thats above and beyond the norm, shows a level of dedication in all levels of life. Even though it may be to a video game, it often manifests in more than ONE dimension of a person's life (work, school, relationships). People who hide behind the excuse "OH HEY I GOT A REAL LIFE!" are just plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, cant show any commitment, and if they won't spend 5 minutes to read up on a job just to make it that much better, then they are often lacking in the determination to make anything better.

Edit: TL;DR If you cant commit 5 minutes of your life to commit to a game, then odds are you cant commit to alot of things in life

Lol, people learn a lot about heroin too, dedicate more to it than you do ffxi, and those heroin addicts with their heroin, greatest most kindest people on earth.

No but seriously, 5 minutes? Just passed the log on screen?
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Flionhearts post has no effect on marrs.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 05:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jimie said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Lol my op makes no point about the hardcore video game players life (they could be married and having sex all the time actually), my thread is a play on peoples choice of interest and how much they've let a video game become theres (to a point of making a thread to make fun of someone elses characters earrings) get a clue guy. Stop trying to make a strawman argument. Gimme a argument or a point.
To the point of making a thread defending your e-ego.
He attacked the personality he saw in the op (without knowing if it was even mine of course besides say, a glimpse of a more vague picture), I replied to that. Of course its going to take a personal course if someone makes it.
Unicorn.Marrs said:
This is coming off as very apologetic - which is incorrect, see, I don't care, a friendly reminder from your friends that have a life, I'm a busy person, I didn't read into the str equations of a video game, crazy?
Thought you didn't care bro?
I don't care about making apologies for my mnk's gear. You're taking that statement way out of context simply because it includes the words "I dont care". Please stop trying to debate me. For your own good. ;-P

What? How the hell is that taken out of context? You stated, explicitly, that you don't care that your MNK is gimp. However, you argued for nearly 2hrs here defending your gimpness and grasping at straws. If you didn't care that you're gimp, then people making fun of your gear wouldn't phase you and you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

Now how about you go shoot yourself, for the world's good ;-P

Yes I don't care how my mnks geared at this moment. It will definately improve, from a standpoint that I care about, but not what some losers who will take a snapshot of it will care. I defend his gear to the extant that I put some on him. Secondly I never defended my mnk, you don't even know what my mnk has...? The twilight debate was concerning other people, I don't have twilight anything.

Yes I'll go shoot myself because people from a video game hate my thread, is that what you would do? Great priorities.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 05:16:10
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-03 05:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh wow.. lol :P
I've never had a problem with going on dates AND doing events with my linkshells etc >_>
I dont concider myself _PIMP_ but neither as a gimp.
It's not like linkshells command you to have 100% attendance <_>

And reading up on how the game works takes no more time than actually playing, or checking ffxiah forums.
Actually, just checking ffxiah forums does alot of the job for you.

It's totally possible to "have a life" _and_ not suck at this game.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
My own ss's would actually be a lot worse than each of those pics, but I don't wanna waste my time uploading the pic as a demonstration.

See its a lot of the same gear for other jobs, and I don't waste time getting money together for a new job, nor do I really have time to since I can go 30-90 in 1-2 days instead of a couple months or so. I'm very gimp.

This is coming off as very apologetic - which is incorrect, see, I don't care, a friendly reminder from your friends that have a life, I'm a busy person, I didn't read into the str equations of a video game, crazy? I like to go out, on dates, dates are random in time, so I can't set aside time for ls's events etc. Nor do I really have time to farm huge amounts of gil. And dates, dates usually lead to the ultimate human emotion of all.

So you keep making fun of that maybe 15 year old kid whoms video game character is wearing the wrong necklace and earrings, yes sir, you're the one winning life.

Hey, the whole "I have a real life" thing is pretty tired. Nobody really cares. And implying that other people don't, is pretty classless and douchey. But whatever.

My point is that I am almost 100% sure that you come across people in game from time to time, and think, "you're doing it wrong." That's all this whole thing is. See, the catch is that different people spend different amounts of time playing, different amounts of effort, different amounts of research - some people are naturally better at video games, and some people are nicer (or meaner) than others. So naturally, everyone has a different line before someone is "trying hard enough." It's all about personal experience and preference.

So, here's what I get from your post:
1. You don't think people try hard enough at more standard social activities.
2. Instead of being polite, you try to mock and tease people about it.
3. You want the whole world (or at least ffxiah) to see how cool you are by thinking that way.

Wait...
TheGimpMonkThread said:

1. People not thinking people try hard enough at the job.
2. People sometimes being *** about it.
3. Saying all this out in public for ffxiah to see.

In what way are you any different, really?

And look, most of us around here "get it." Like, me - I am pretty sure Tiger would be able to find PLENTY of things wrong with how I play. I am sure he's right - and I've gotten a lot of good advice from him. Still, I am a few tiers below his skill level (but getting better all the time.) Yet, I play monk most of the time, I have a good time, and I do a pretty good job for my LS at events. So what's the big deal? If he doesn't "like" me, that's ok.

At the same time, I see monks that just make me cringe, and I don't know where they started going wrong or how to begin to fix them. But holyfuckingshit! They're out there, (presumably) having fun, getting things done, and helping people/ls's out. So who cares if I don't like them?

The point is, do a little reflecting before you get on your high horse. Maybe you'll see some things in yourself that you're so offended by in others.

Or hey, maybe your not interested in taking a little time to improve yourself. I don't know ***about you, except this *** hole post.

Its important to remember, when you put this in a personal context, especially when you say "maybe you'll see some things in yourself that you're so offended by in others." that, this is, a video game.

Anyway
1. I shouldn't have worded it as in having a life or not, that has a huge piece of Grey in between that black and white. Its more of a matter of degree, where I would (if I could) reword it to imply enough of a life to not take snapshots of someones gear and post it.

2. Polite about what? People being *** lol? I should have said...? I'm making fun of people for making fun of people. I could be polite, I guess, in those type of scenarios thats highly ineffective, don't you agree?

3. Actually I didn't think this many people would care, I knew it would piss off some people, obviously, but I didn't really think making a thread to poke random fun at people who make fun of other people for not taking a video game as seriously as they do would be that huge of a deal.

In retrospect I would have taken out the sex part and thrown in a diff example (people can't seem to get off that, and are getting rock on hard on making jokes about it) and changed what I said in #1.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 05:35:26
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I've never had a problem with going on dates AND doing events with my linkshells etc >_>

And reading up on how the game works takes no more time than actually playing, or checking ffxiah forums.

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

See but theres a difference between suck and gimp.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
and if the op had as much of a life as he portrays, he wouldn't have the time to make threads on videogame forums to argue with people about how they don't have lives.

The only example I threw in (though not saying it was the only one as well) was sex, sex takes 16 hours of you're da...(assuming you get 8 for sleep)? Do you know what sex is? I think you're confused.

How much sex did I portray myself as having btw?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 05:40:21
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9