Have you tried brewing with burning blade?! fkn serious shite
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 20:31:36
Link | Citer | R

Brown Belt, Black Belt and most of the repeat offenders in this thread are ALL free. 50k is irrelevant, unless they really want that dope new scorpion harness I keep hearing about, supposed to be pretty beast.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-02 20:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Why did you level MNK if you have no intention of making it worth using?

You don't need a Masters in Calculus to know that a Brown belt is better than a Twilight belt.

People probably do that cause it has more haste than purple belt, they dont want to buy (have the money) or do the quest for brownbelt (finding the pop time for a casual player? yea right better luck out or spend hours on end hoping it comes around to the time you can play) and they got the twilight for their other job so figured wtf I dont have money, heres an empty waist slot, heres a 7% haste piece, I gues I wont wear it cause the cool people on ffxiah will hate me?

Do you all have to have something explained to you before you make fun of someone? Do you realize how contradicting that is in a dumb way?

They had time to get all the zone boss wins/Caturae and can't find time to get a brownbelt?? Really?
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-02 20:33:53
Link | Citer | R

They can get clearance to Shinryu but they can't buy a Brown belt?

Getting a brown belt is not remotely difficult. Farm lumber off Goobbues in the Boyhada Tree for an afternoon and you've got enough money. AFK in Ordelles Caves to get ToD on the Malboro while you're out trying to find girls with low enough self esteem to sleep with you, or do the BCNM for the malboro vine. The other two NMs are a joke.

If you're not willing to put any effort whatsoever towards improving your equipment I don't understand why you're paying for a content ID, other than to use FFXI as an expensive chatroom, which requires no equipment other than a linkpearl.

[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-02 20:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
AFK in Ordelles Caves to get ToD on the Malboro while you're out trying to find girls with low enough self esteem to sleep with you.

ILU
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 20:38:11
Link | Citer | R

But wait a minute, if they don't have the time to get a Brown Belt, how are they going to find the time to get Ascetic's Fury or Victory Smite for *** sakes? You know, the two things that make MNK a super dicksmashing powerhouse?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-02 20:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention Morbolger is almost always up these days.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-02 20:46:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
As if they can't even bring the job outta the mog house until it has non-gimp gear.

No you should NOT bring your job out of the *** moghouse unless you have appropriate gear. Unless you're skilling up, but even then you should at least wear ***that makes sense.

Also you never answered. If I post me having sex will you shut up plz kthx.

What if someone has 50k and its their first melee job? The point is is someone shouldn't have to explain themselves to someone before that person makes fun of them (even then, still, its a video game...a video game you should feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for doing so even if they are just dumb and lazy), especially if it makes you look like an *** cause you didn't know the actual scenario of the person, its a simple principle you probably use everywhere else anyway, would you make fun of someone for not having clean clothes on? A rich man just as much as a Bum?

Why do you think that picture question is relevant? I never said these people never had sex(?), I simply made a point that they have more important things in their life, most likely a variety (or more narrow set goals), cause when I think about someone who's making fun of someone else's video game characters earrings I think thats pathetic. Don't you? Of course you do, its a video game. So to answer your question, nope.

If someone had 50k for their first melee job, they could still not look like a moron. You don't really have a point. Anyone can get AF3+1 it just takes some work, anyone can get Magians even if they aren't Empyreans. Anyone can NPC Aurore/Perle/Teal gear for gil to fund real gear. NO ONE, has an excuse to be geared improperly. Will they be shiny? No. Will they not look like drooling morons? Yes.

Stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Also you implied that because we make fun of people in A GAME, we don't have LIVES... so yes, it is relevant.

No they wouldn't even have enough money to gear a job with 50k (or get anywhere). The trials take time, they'd have to go out and do their trials for hours, all the while super cool people like you of a video game (lol) take ss's of em and call em morons. You stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, you're points contradict/conflate the very actions you take, cause you don't know what you're actually taking a picture of.

You're right, perhaps I should have said, "people who have too much of a life to care about a video games lil in-depth details and how its players want you to behave, dress, look, and act?" Would that have made you feel less lame? Hm? Get out. ;-P
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-02 20:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Just checked the other day. Mnk's bandwagon why would he always be up? Wouldn't it make sense this would be the time hes less likely to be up with everyone lvling mnk so far to a point to where they can practically wear it the time they decide to lvl mnk.
By Sevourn 2011-02-02 20:48:55
Link | Citer | R

uggggg 2.5/10

look

leave for a while

brainstorm

and at least come back with a c-level troll game so this can be sort of entertaining
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-02 20:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Considering all the brown/black belt items drop from BCs which you can do at any time, not having one makes little sense.

Morlborgor for one is a ks30, not alot of seals, but maybe a lot to a casual player, its also only a 25%, meaning getting it vie a ksnm for a casual player could take months. Easily. Think about it, be realistic.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 20:49:56
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:

No they wouldn't even have enough money to gear a job with 50k (or get anywhere). The trials take time, they'd have to go out and do their trials for hours, all the while super cool people like you of a video game (lol) take ss's of em and call em morons. You stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, you're points contradict/conflate the very actions you take, cause you don't know what you're actually taking a picture of.

You're right, perhaps I should have said, "people who have too much of a life to care about a video games lil in-depth details and how its players want you to behave, dress, look, and act?" Would that have made you feel less lame? Hm? Get out. ;-P

Does this excuse them for wearing O.hat, a single EVA earring, Courage ring, Seiryu's kote (??!?!!?!), etc.? I think not. That's lazy stupidity. You can farm the gil for a chiv chain, acc ring(s) and a coral/merman's ring in under 3 hours if you aren't stupid as ***.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-02 20:51:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

Does this excuse them for wearing O.hat, a single EVA earring, Courage ring, Seiryu's kote (??!?!!?!), etc.? I think not. That's lazy stupidity. You can farm the gil for a chiv chain, acc ring(s) and a coral/merman's ring in under 3 hours if you aren't stupid as ***.

You guys talk like farming takes 10 minutes. And then after the brownbelt, you gotta buy other gear. Like everyone has 900 ks's ready to go. Be realistic. Try again.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-02 20:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Just checked the other day. Mnk's bandwagon why would he always be up? Wouldn't it make sense this would be the time hes less likely to be up with everyone lvling mnk so far to a point to where they can practically wear it the time they decide to lvl mnk.

According to your argument bandwagon MNKs don't give two shits about what they wear, so why would they go out of their way to walk all the way through Ordelle's Caves just for 1/3 of an item they don't even know why they're trying to get?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 20:53:20
Link | Citer | R

Find friends and do an abyssea party or two and use the cruor to NPC armor, it isn't a difficult procedure. Hell, find friends, (still not hard, right?), and go kill a couple of NMs that drop sellable loot. Sell said loot, buy ***.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-02 20:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

According to your argument bandwagon MNKs don't give two shits about what they wear, so why would they go out of their way to walk all the way through Ordelle's Caves just for 1/3 of an item they don't even know why they're trying to get.

They don't give two shits? I just told you why they'd wear twilight's instead of brown belt with a logical explanation, that implied they do care, just not as much as you, can you handle that concept?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 20:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

According to your argument bandwagon MNKs don't give two shits about what they wear, so why would they go out of their way to walk all the way through Ordelle's Caves just for 1/3 of an item they don't even know why they're trying to get.

They don't give two shits? I just told you why they'd wear twilight's instead of brown belt with a logical explanation, that implied they do care, just not as much as you, can you handle that concept?

Evidently you can't handle the concept that several others brought up earlier, how do they have a twilight belt but they can't get themselves the gil or NMs for a brown belt?
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-02 20:55:23
Link | Citer | R

BTW^^^ Lol I like how you just tried to make getting brown belt sound hard, all the while your last post made fun of them for wearing twilight instead. Pick a side to argue already man.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-02 20:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Evidently you can't handle the concept that several others brought up earlier, how do they have a twilight belt but they can't get themselves the gil or NMs for a brown belt?

Thats true^ Maybe these guys wouldn't fit into the category I made at the begining, but thats fine, I'm not the one that brought up this example as a point for my argument anyway.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 21:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Your argument is hence flawed. If someone can't handle more than 30 minutes of play, why are they playing an MMO that demands as much time as FFXI? It seems pointless to me. Play something like WoW where you can be rewarded in less time, although I guarantee you can probably find elitists, (henceforth referred to as those of us with logical thought), there too. If they can play for an hour or two a day, then they have plenty of time to rally a friend or two to help them make money. It doesn't take a genius to observe the basics of an economy and exploit that knowledge.

One hour of XPing with a group, >>>which doesn't even have to be a full alliance<<<, is enough to get a decent amount of cruor with which one can purchase gear that isn't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as ***. The same amount of time can be used to kill an NM like Lachymater 2 or 3 times or more and sell off witchstones. It really isn't difficult, it just requires an ounce of thought and research.
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-02 21:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

That "logical explanation" presupposes that they care enough to figure out what belt is best to wear (you already argued they don't understand game mechanics so this is somewhat contradictory), and not that they didn't just throw on whatever they have from other jobs out of laziness.

And I'll ask again how someone who has a Twilight belt could possibly lack the means to obtain a Brown belt, because having a Twilight belt in the first place indicates they care enough about the game to do endgame content, which is in direct opposition to your claim that bandwagon MNKs care more about their (lack of any meaningful) social life than they do about the game.

I also will repeat my other question; why do you bother paying for a content ID if you don't want to improve your character (which is the ultimate goal in this game; equipment progression)? If you only use it as an expensive instant messenger, you shouldn't be crying over people chirping your poor equipment choices.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-02 21:09:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

That "logical explanation" presupposes that they care enough to figure out what belt is best to wear (you already argued they don't understand game mechanics so this is somewhat contradictory), and not that they didn't just throw on whatever they have from other jobs out of laziness.

And I'll ask again how someone who has a Twilight belt could possibly lack the means to obtain a Brown belt, because having a Twilight belt in the first place indicates they care enough about the game to do endgame content, which is in direct opposition to your claim that bandwagon MNKs care more about their (lack of any meaningful) social life than they do about the game.

I also will repeat my other question; why do you bother paying for a content ID if you don't want to improve your character (which is the ultimate goal in this game; equipment progression)? If you only use it as an expensive instant messenger, you shouldn't be crying over people chirping your poor equipment choices.

Try to remember this is your point/example before you try to frame it up as if your knocking down some huge point of mine. Idc why they're choosing one over the other, it could be lazy and dumb like you say, but these people wouldn't be part of what I'm arguing about, rather people with just cheap poor gear that can't play as much, if they have twilight, then you're right, they obviously don't apply, which means they aren't a part of my argument, arguing this to a win with you just makes your point moot, just say'n.

People of course want to improve their gear. I want to, but some of us see a limit and thats it, we take on a new job or whatever. We realize what needs an alliance (ie ls, something thats not going to fit into our time schedule) or an incredible amount of time for a long time (long camps) and stop there. Maybe its not their main and they'll waste more time on a it later when they're finished with with mnk so they can solo what they need for it, maybe mnks just their puppet job for their main. See why you shouldn't make fun of someone for dumb gear? It can be dumb in and of itself, cause like I said before on this thread, you don't know the situation
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-02 21:15:21
Link | Citer | R

The people with cheap (inexpensive would be a better word I think) choices aren't really the people being targetted in that other thread, in my opinion. It's the people wearing Swift belts, Optical hats, and Temple hose when there are clearly superior options that are incredibly easy to get.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-02 21:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
We realize what needs an alliance
This no longer exists. Long camps are rarely an issue either, seeing as getting basic gear now takes almost no time at all. Again though, it's not about having/lacking full +2 or anything like that.
[+]
By Sevourn 2011-02-02 21:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:

Try to remember this is your point/example before you try to frame it up as if your knocking down some huge point of mine. Idc why they're choosing one over the other, it could be lazy and dumb like you say, but these people wouldn't be part of what I'm arguing about, rather people with just cheap poor gear that can't play as much, if they have twilight, then you're right, they obviously don't apply, which means they aren't a part of my argument, arguing this to a win with you just makes your point moot, just say'n.

People of course want to improve their gear. I want to, but some of us see a limit and thats it, we take on a new job or whatever. We realize what needs an alliance (ie ls, something thats not going to fit into our time schedule) or an incredible amount of time for a long time (long camps) and stop there. Maybe its not their main and they'll waste more time on a it later when they're finished with with mnk so they can solo what they need for it, maybe mnks just their puppet job for their main. See why you shouldn't make fun of someone for dumb gear? It can be dumb in and of itself, cause like I said before on this thread, you don't know the situation

so uh can you provide a single quote of someone making fun of someone with cheap gear that makes sense?

because, well, people don't make fun of people who are just casuals or poor, as long as they understand basic game mechanics, which takes about 2 hours, if you've got an iq over 80

if you spend more than 10 minutes on the gimp/wtf/confused player threads on bg, you'll see that people get reamed for posting players with cheap gear who are essentially doing it right

no one's making fun of anyone for being casual

we're making fun of people who are too *** stupid to understand basic math
[+]
By Sevourn 2011-02-02 21:19:21
Link | Citer | R

of course since not understanding math makes you super attractive to the ladies

i understand a lot of us are missing out on having a life
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-02-02 21:21:04
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:

I don't think you're the one understanding. If I didn't have a Black Belt I'd farm a Brown Belt, or the gil to buy one. If my life was so busy with work, or having sex all day long I wouldn't join a party and expect them to be okay with my gimpness. I'd use those few minute intervals between orgasms to farm a little bit.
If you're soloing, or farming, doing trials or whatever it is by yourself then feel free to wear whatever you want. If you're gonna infringe on my time in a party, or killing something, you better gear correctly. It's not a case of being pimp, it's a case of wearing the right stuff. I loathe Perle, but at least if I see someone in Perle, with adequate earrings/neck whatever, that's fine, they'll get somewhere. If they're in my party wearing +slow gear then that's just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

This is a community game. You play with the community, at a level the community expects. If you wanna do your own thing, then solo.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-02 21:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
The people with cheap (inexpensive would be a better word I think) choices aren't really the people being targetted in that other thread, in my opinion. It's the people wearing Swift belts, Optical hats, and Temple hose when there are clearly superior options that are incredibly easy to get.

This.

If people didn't care, like this:

Then what is the basis of this argument?

My theory is people are more like this:

Thus require a white knight to defend them from the evil hordes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-02-02 21:33:37
Link | Citer | R

You keep saying its just a game, so if its just a game who cares what other ppl say about other ppl in the game! And the "if his gear is bad then he has a life" vibe you give off is probably b/c someone said something about about your gear being "bad", and if it's not... you do not have a life.(According to your comments)
ALSO as someone with such a busy life, why are you still on this one forum!? I've done a lot of crap since this forum started i can tell you that lol.

ITS JUST A GAME LET PPL TALK ***ABOUT OTHERS!! WHO CARES!?!? I DON'T!!!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9