Unicorn.Marrs
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:53:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
lol and his mnk sucks

And yes it currently does. I don't know why you're acting like you know that though.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-03 05:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:

2. Or they don't have 400k to get a brown belt at the moment and decided to not do the dumb thing, ie leave the slot open? Did that concept ever make room in anyones brain?

Do the *** quest.

Using anything worse than brown belt is unacceptable.
You should feel bad.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 05:56:02
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
ALSO as someone with such a busy life, why are you still on this one forum!? I've done a lot of crap since this forum started i can tell you that lol.
because he is doing a complex social experiment and we are all but his helpless puppets
Oh well then the next question is when are the results going to published and where would i be able to get my hands on his work.

I like talking with different social groups. Its very interesting in the sense of comparisons (more so mind opening). "Experiment" was maybe an over exaggeration for a choice of a word to use as I will not be doing any sort of testing, I do it for my own fun. Sub-cultures are fun, because they're just that.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 05:57:04
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 05:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

2. Or they don't have 400k to get a brown belt at the moment and decided to not do the dumb thing, ie leave the slot open? Did that concept ever make room in anyones brain?

Do the *** quest.

You should feel bad.

If only it was more like a "quest", that makes it sound so much easier. 21-24 hour repop for a casual gamer is hard. You don't play for one day and you're starting from scratch nearly.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 05:58:53
Link | Citer | R

did OP play the RL card before anyone even replied? Wow.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 05:58:56
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-03 05:59:32
Link | Citer | R

So I had a spicy sandwich yesterday. This morning, I took a big ***and the resulting fecal matter took the form of a pair of Spharai. Prophecy?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 06:01:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tuvae said:

Who came up with the term the rl card lol? Someone seriously told someone at some point "don't tell me you have things more important irl to do than play a video game with me"? Lol?
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 06:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:

Played it on another previous thread didn't he? At least I thought so, so I'm sort of nonplussed about seeing what seems like a duplicate thread with a new name. lol

I wouldn't have made this thread If I knew where that one went, I made this one as a toned down version of that one figuring it got deleted for that reason.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 06:07:18
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 06:11:34
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Who came up with the term the rl card lol? Someone seriously told someone at some point "don't tell me you have things more important irl to do than play a video game with me"? Lol?
No the point is, we are all playing an online game, usually alot of the time, or we are on this site talking shite to each other and flaming one another for one reason or another. Lets face it, majority of us have nothing better to do than play the game or be on here. So one has the right to say "Hey, atleast i have a life". its like, yes, of course you do, thats why you;re on here acting like a little girl and QQing left right and centre. No one on this site is allowed to use the RL card, unless they have quit the game and just come here for the chat and lets face it. If you can get to 30-90 in 2 days... That will stil take a lot of hours of playing. Its a lot of exp to go thruogh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-03 06:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

Do the *** quest.

You should feel bad.

If only it was more like a "quest", that makes it sound so much easier. 21-24 hour repop for a casual gamer is hard. You don't play for one day and you're starting from scratch nearly.

If only you realized that you could camp those nms now, rather than defend yourself, you would'nt have to defend yourself like this.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 06:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Do the *** quest. Using anything worse than brown belt is unacceptable. You should feel bad.
If only you realized that you could camp those nms now, rather than defend yourself, you would'nt have to defend yourself like this.
No one should be short on gil. Go sell crour gear, you will have 400k in no time. Its not hard.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 06:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Kaomii said:
I skimmed this thread, and even reread it carefully, and I'm still not entirely sure what you're trying to defend, Marrs.

The purpose of the Bandwagon thread is to point out people who leveled Monk to 90 because it's the new popular job; people who never cared enough about the job to do research about it to play the job correctly. Samurai was the last bandwagon job, and you can't tell me you cringed every time you had a soboro wielding 4/5 Hachiman/Wyvern Helm Samurai ruining your experience party.

First, I'll address common sense. The definitive haste cap for gear/magic/abilities has been discovered years ago. Sure, calculus is involved to determine just how much each 1% haste is having on your total damage done, but the fact that this kind of knowledge has been common for years does not. You can ask anybody and they'll tell you that TPing in more haste is good. Brown Belt's 8% to Twilight's 7% should not even need to be questioned. Further, there is absolutely no chance that a person who has gone through all the pre-requisites to access the Twilight God BCNM do not know this. Therefore, someone who chooses to use a Twilight Belt over a Brown Belt knows that they're making a poor decision.

Secondly, you try to argue that someone who is new to the game and happens to choose Monk as their first level capped job might be too poor to gear correctly. As of right now, FFXI is Abyssea. Low/mid level range is virtually non-existant. Therefore, we can assume that any new player to FFXI is there because of a referral from a friend, or at the very least, makes "a" friend with someone who can get said player into an abyssea experience party. As mentioned earlier, cruor will be plentiful immediately, meaning the new player can purchase aurore/teal/perle gear to NPC. In fact, if you compare the full Aurore set stats with what was standard for Monks as TP gear at 75, you'll find it's not that far behind. Nobody else has mentioned, either, the current price for new spells that come from gold pyxis in the Heroes abyssea areas, such as Blizzard V and Firaga. Selling one or two of those means an entire new wardrobe for a new Monk, Brown Belt included.

Third, and I believe this has been addressed, is that you assume that because someone isn't in top of the line, white-box gear, they're automatically gimp. This is not the case. Sure, a new player won't have access to sea or sky right away, but AF3+1 items are very easily acquired and far superior to what was previously available. Most NMs can be duo'd by a Monk and a healer, but acquiring them can also be from a linkshell group, or even through one of the many shout groups you see forming daily. Once you have a solid foundation, you can work on upgrading and tweaking gear. The kinds of people you see in these bandwagon/confused threads are people that slap together questionable or worthless gear from some of their other level capped jobs to make what they consider passable. This kind of attitude is really a slap in the face to people who take the job seriously. When Samurai was the bandwagon job, the popular view of Dragoon was simply "loldrg". If you ever teamed up with a good Dragoon, you'd have seen that Dragoon was a very solid damage dealer, but the fact that most Dragoons used 4/5 AF and Scorpion Harness and never food is why they had gained such a reputation.

Lastly, the real life card. Describing clearly fanciful real life endeavors or possessions basically tells us the truth is the complete opposite, simply because you tried to use that as a point in your argument. In this case, bragging about "lots of sex". It's like going to your high school reunion and telling all your former classmates that you have a six figure annual income when you're really just a garbage collector or a custodian. Further, every single person in every single online role playing game has a real life. You can't argue that someone who takes the time to research how to correctly gear a particular job has no life. In fact, research can be as simple as asking a veteran linkshell member or friend for gear advice. The FFXIAH community is also an excellent resource as long as you aren't picking needless quarrels. The best part of all is that you'll get your answer quickly without needing to use any math! So you'll not only be playing correctly, but you'll still be spending as much time outside of game as if you continued "doinitrong".

(No tl;dr as points were mostly emphasis on what's been covered.)

I replied to this and then I accidentally deleted it. Ill' do a summed up version rq.

1. The fact that you think that should be common sense is kinda ridiculous to me.

2. You sure do make a lot of assumptions (friend, friend for aby) for a person you don't know just so you can make fun of their gear. Don't you feel silly? And a couple scrolls doesn't add up to a brown belt + wardrode. Maybe four. I've only ever gotten one, and ive taken 3 jobs to 90 as of now.

3. Yes. It takes time, and you can get to a satisfactory point (even in the eyes of people that would call them gimp.) But your forgetting one very important thing, that threads basis was snapshot pics. You don't just wake up know what gear is good, and therefore have it. You have to go out and get it, all the while your taking a snapshot of em at that point.

4. But I never said I have lots of sex...? I said sex occupies a lot of my time. And it does. I think about it every 3 seconds or so. I do actively go out to bars and such, in the interest of it. I mention dates as being an active reason as to why I can't play in reference to sex.

You guys should be happy I put that sex part there anyway, it's given you a huge part in ammo for arguing. Without it some of these posters would have had nothing to say, or had to have written something more to the actual point.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 06:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Unicorn.Kaomii said:
I skimmed this thread, and even reread it carefully, and I'm still not entirely sure what you're trying to defend, Marrs. The purpose of the Bandwagon thread is to point out people who leveled Monk to 90 because it's the new popular job; people who never cared enough about the job to do research about it to play the job correctly. Samurai was the last bandwagon job, and you can't tell me you cringed every time you had a soboro wielding 4/5 Hachiman/Wyvern Helm Samurai ruining your experience party. First, I'll address common sense. The definitive haste cap for gear/magic/abilities has been discovered years ago. Sure, calculus is involved to determine just how much each 1% haste is having on your total damage done, but the fact that this kind of knowledge has been common for years does not. You can ask anybody and they'll tell you that TPing in more haste is good. Brown Belt's 8% to Twilight's 7% should not even need to be questioned. Further, there is absolutely no chance that a person who has gone through all the pre-requisites to access the Twilight God BCNM do not know this. Therefore, someone who chooses to use a Twilight Belt over a Brown Belt knows that they're making a poor decision. Secondly, you try to argue that someone who is new to the game and happens to choose Monk as their first level capped job might be too poor to gear correctly. As of right now, FFXI is Abyssea. Low/mid level range is virtually non-existant. Therefore, we can assume that any new player to FFXI is there because of a referral from a friend, or at the very least, makes "a" friend with someone who can get said player into an abyssea experience party. As mentioned earlier, cruor will be plentiful immediately, meaning the new player can purchase aurore/teal/perle gear to NPC. In fact, if you compare the full Aurore set stats with what was standard for Monks as TP gear at 75, you'll find it's not that far behind. Nobody else has mentioned, either, the current price for new spells that come from gold pyxis in the Heroes abyssea areas, such as Blizzard V and Firaga. Selling one or two of those means an entire new wardrobe for a new Monk, Brown Belt included. Third, and I believe this has been addressed, is that you assume that because someone isn't in top of the line, white-box gear, they're automatically gimp. This is not the case. Sure, a new player won't have access to sea or sky right away, but AF3+1 items are very easily acquired and far superior to what was previously available. Most NMs can be duo'd by a Monk and a healer, but acquiring them can also be from a linkshell group, or even through one of the many shout groups you see forming daily. Once you have a solid foundation, you can work on upgrading and tweaking gear. The kinds of people you see in these bandwagon/confused threads are people that slap together questionable or worthless gear from some of their other level capped jobs to make what they consider passable. This kind of attitude is really a slap in the face to people who take the job seriously. When Samurai was the bandwagon job, the popular view of Dragoon was simply "loldrg". If you ever teamed up with a good Dragoon, you'd have seen that Dragoon was a very solid damage dealer, but the fact that most Dragoons used 4/5 AF and Scorpion Harness and never food is why they had gained such a reputation. Lastly, the real life card. Describing clearly fanciful real life endeavors or possessions basically tells us the truth is the complete opposite, simply because you tried to use that as a point in your argument. In this case, bragging about "lots of sex". It's like going to your high school reunion and telling all your former classmates that you have a six figure annual income when you're really just a garbage collector or a custodian. Further, every single person in every single online role playing game has a real life. You can't argue that someone who takes the time to research how to correctly gear a particular job has no life. In fact, research can be as simple as asking a veteran linkshell member or friend for gear advice. The FFXIAH community is also an excellent resource as long as you aren't picking needless quarrels. The best part of all is that you'll get your answer quickly without needing to use any math! So you'll not only be playing correctly, but you'll still be spending as much time outside of game as if you continued "doinitrong". (No tl;dr as points were mostly emphasis on what's been covered.)
I replied to this and then I accidentally deleted it. Ill' do a summed up version rq. 1. The fact that you think that should be common sense is kinda ridiculous to me. 2. You sure do make a lot of assumptions (friend, friend for aby) for a person you don't know just so you can make fun of their gear. Don't you feel silly? And a couple scrolls doesn't add up to a brown belt + wardrode. Maybe four. I've only ever gotten one, and ive taken 3 jobs to 90 as of now. 3. Yes. It takes time, and you can get to a satisfactory point (even in the eyes of people that would call them gimp.) But your forgetting one very important thing, that threads basis was snapshot pics. You don't just wake up know what gear is good, and therefore have it. You have to go out and get it, all the while your taking a snapshot of em at that point. 4. But I never said I have lots of sex...? I said sex occupies a lot of my time. And it does. I think about it every 3 seconds or so. I do actively go out to bars and such, in the interest of it. I mention dates as being an active reason as to why I can't play in reference to sex. You guys should be happy I put that sex part there anyway, it's given you a huge part in ammo for arguing. Without it some of these posters would have had nothing to say, or had to have written something more to the actual point.
He thinks about sex alot, but never gets any. Maybe cuz you play this game to much.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 06:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Do the *** quest. Using anything worse than brown belt is unacceptable. You should feel bad.
No one should be short on gil. Go sell crour gear, you will have 400k in no time. Its not hard.

Good idea. Although I find the part 'in no time' a bit off. Seven slots at a time on AH. Unless you plan to take a day and just stand at the ah for hours on end.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 06:24:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
He thinks about sex alot, but never gets any. Maybe cuz you play this game to much.

I was going off that old wives tale. I suppose its wrong. I always thought subliminally it was, but when I went to go find a source for making that 3 second claim all I found was this.

Quote:
Sex on the Brain

The idea that men think about sex every seven seconds, like the claim that we only use 10 percent of our brains, is often repeated but rarely sourced. The number doesn't bear up against scrutiny. According to the Kinsey Report (Sexual Behavior in the Human Male), 54 percent of men think about sex every day or several times a day, 43 percent a few times a week or a few times a month, and 4 percent less than once a month. Even though the Kinsey Report relies on men to self-report on how often they think about sex, it's still eye opening to find that just under half of men aren't even thinking about sex once a day. Clearly, the seven-second rule may be a tad hyperbolic.

FYI that source is: psychology today
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-03 06:26:57
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

Good idea. Although I find the part 'in no time' a bit off. Seven slots at a time on AH. Unless you plan to take a day and just stand at the ah for hours on end.

Sell it to an _NPC_.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 06:27:10
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

NPC dude. 7k for each piece. You can make a fortune from just going out, getting gear with crour, selling to npc, repeating.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 06:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

Sell it to an _NPC_.

ooooooo. hmmm. but still. Selbina fame all over again. And I was kinda hoping to save for a brew.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-03 06:29:43
Link | Citer | R

screw brew, ive hardly used it at all since i got the abyssite. Get the gil if you need to improve your mnk. Over all improvement > lolbrew
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 06:29:45
Link | Citer | R

On a sidenote, I could have been a sex-a-holic, no? Play nice.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 06:30:07
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-02-03 06:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
screw brew, ive hardly used it at all since i got the abyssite. Get the gil if you need to improve your mnk. Over all improvement > lolbrew

See I was going to use it for reasons I stated earlier. I don't work in ls's or the like. Brew was going to be for a zone boss or shin. Or god forbid the jol pop set ive been working on forever. Mnk is more like what I stated earlier as an excuse for someone else, a puppet job to get the items that I really want (BLM).
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9