PLD=No Thx?!?!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD=No thx?!?!
PLD=No thx?!?!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-03 15:44:02
Link | Citer | R

Pld can be useful for climbing, but when it comes to the HNM part, you want more heavy DDs.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-06-03 15:49:10
Link | Citer | R

PLD is awsome for multi floors too since (with good tank/haste gear) it can solo/duo with mage a spec mob with haste/refresh on freeing up the rest of the group to move onto the next mob.

Using joy/justice is good since on all floors most DD is comming from melee hits unless you solo NMs while the group mops up.

You can still time out or lose nyzul runs to bad luck or poor co-ordination etc anyways.

Done floor 100 a few times for friends pld swords, bosses arnt any harder/longer with a pld really unless it's hydra i guess lol
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-06-03 15:50:07
Link | Citer | R

It all depends on your setup.... my static did nyzul with PLD/NIN, DRK/SAM x2, WHM/SMN, BRD/NIN and a 6th who went either SAM/WAR (climbs) or THF/NIN (HNM) and we did fine.

All my pld did was scout, pull, backup cure, spam atonement, tank.

Really it depends on the player, the group and your available mix of skills/ gear. Not everyone can pull it off but to discount the utility of a PLD out of hand is just as absurd.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-03 15:52:52
Link | Citer | R

A static and a random pick-up are totally different though.
You'll know that you or your Pld friend is competent to go through, whereas a random pick-up wants the easiest way; moar DDz.

Random people don't want to take that chance.
[+]
 Asura.Stephanieee
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Stephanieee 2010-06-03 15:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Yesterday I was in a 100 run and someone decided to come PLD instead of DRG. For the climbing part it was useful, had hate control and no deaths. Once we come to the Boss floor, we see Cerb. It went well until about 17% and he just stayed there. The PLD didn't even try to DD or anything so once our DD's 2hours were gone/ they were dead Cerb's health didn't even move. I think if he would've come the DD he was originally, we would of won. So for climb maybe, but for boss floors... No thank you.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-03 16:02:25
Link | Citer | R

I get stuck on 1% Cerb (twice now) with good DDs >_> It's a cheating boss. Khimaira is a huge joke and Hydra I haven't really seen much.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-03 16:24:24
Link | Citer | R

That's a terrible PLD then, a PLD should actually do better on bosses than they would on regular floors, hello atonement.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-03 16:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
That's a terrible PLD then, a PLD should actually do better on bosses than they would on regular floors, hello atonement.

Well they have to get the Atonement weapon somehow!
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 00:09:59
Link | Citer | R

So we just did an epic 10 floor run. Course we weren't planning to hit floor 40 but a mistake happened and we went up.

So I am PLD/NIN with no items whatever, hell no one had items and we had like 8 minutes to kill Behe (thank god)

Night says *** it, just try and kill it and we go for it. I try and hold hate but SAMs spam makes it impossible and near 30ish% one of our SAMs ended up dying, followed by Night. Also note, it was spaming Thunderbolt to boot. So on no mp and no haste gear (in full enmity) I managed to regain hate and tank it from there down in an epic battle.

We make the kill with a minute to spare and nearly everyone dead, and PLD weapon drops. Me and another lot it, and I won so hurrah to having Atonement soonish~

Paladins get in there and kick some ***!

slight edit~ people were near death, not actually dead. Only Night and one of the SAMs died, though SAM RRed and fought on.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-04 00:10:31
Link | Citer | R

I had a pld switched into my merit pt today... He was not doing anything.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 00:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Mistake what? I decided we'd floor up to farm tokens lol. I just didn't expect to get 10 floors including a boss, but everything went very smoothly and we got good floors.

Was an epic run, grats again on your Brave Blade!
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 07:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Mistake what? I decided we'd floor up to farm tokens lol. I just didn't expect to get 10 floors including a boss, but everything went very smoothly and we got good floors. Was an epic run, grats again on your Brave Blade!
No no ment the boss floor, though I am assuming this. You had told Snick to wait but it was too late and we got beamed up.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-06-04 09:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, you guys are welcome!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 11:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Mistake what? I decided we'd floor up to farm tokens lol. I just didn't expect to get 10 floors including a boss, but everything went very smoothly and we got good floors. Was an epic run, grats again on your Brave Blade!
No no ment the boss floor, though I am assuming this. You had told Snick to wait but it was too late and we got beamed up.
Was trying to check the chest that had popped in the hopes of getting a useful item for the boss. Not that it mattered in the end XD
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-06-04 14:25:44
Link | Citer | R

What did you guys get specified enemy 10 times? lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 14:31:14
Link | Citer | R

In no particular order we had one free floor, two? leader floors, two single lamp floors, some specs, a couple of small all floors, and Behemor. SE made up with it on our other runs though - first run had chariot family and chariot leader, third run was all, code, all (huge floor), pudding NM, pudding family.
By Spainard 2010-06-04 16:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Aye Parak,

I did Floors 1-100 twice on PLD. PLD/war first round, then PLD/nin second time around. Probably the only reason I was able to this is the fact that our static was all friends and didnt mind me going PLD.

I think you were on break or could only play during the afternoons when I did this.

Anyway, basically all I did was Flash/Voke mobs that were asleep or not and helped kill with the DD's.

HNM floors... Flash > Sheild Bash > Sentinel > DD's go to town > Invincible > Cure DD's ... dead HNM.

Lamps... help find 'em, assist with rooms that have several aggro mobs near a lamp by hold/kiting mobs.

Family... sam thing, hold/kite non-objective linking mobs, help kill and cure DD's

Leader... tank the leader, Hold linked mobs, cure DD's...

All... help defeat mobs, hold/kite links...

Body boost, Frantics, Dusty reraise...

However, this did lead me to lvl SAM then RDM since PLD is not the most optimal job for this event.

Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 16:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Was trying to check the chest that had popped in the hopes of getting a useful item for the boss. Not that it mattered in the end XD
lol I see.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Kirth
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kirth
By Bahamut.Kirth 2010-09-10 00:51:20
Link | Citer | R

If they want PLDs to matter, SE needs to nerf Utsusemi severely, and alter their Def/VIT curves and formulas to favor PLD tanking. Changing that might also allow WAR tanking to become a reality post Dunes level parties and end-game.

Why take a PLD to anything when you can use a SAM or MNK with a NIN sub and huge damage potential? I'm PLD for lyfe, but SE really needs to make us worthwhile again.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-10 00:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Why bump a pointless thread that is even more irrelevent now than it was 97 days ago o.o
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-10 01:01:34
Link | Citer | R

I guess cause it's better then starting another thread that is already here :O
[+]
By Ultimarevan 2010-09-23 05:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
/sigh... yeah... I really feel your pain Parak.... All PLD mains are pretty much at a loss when it comes to situations like that. We're all better off leveling some other "more useful" job.... People want things done the easiest and most efficient way possible, and apparently PLDs aren't included in that equation....

/Paladin salute ; ;

Totally agree with you. Managed to get to floor 30 with pld. Then no other group would take them. Ended up lvling sam lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-23 05:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Pld can be useful for climbing, but when it comes to the HNM part, you want more heavy DDs.
Last nyzle I had we had a pld with excal and aegis. And we even got cerb so he was dealing all kinds of extra dmg.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-09-23 06:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Parak said:
Today I was in WG and someone was shouting for the nyzul floor I needed to do. The only job I have @ level 75 is PLD, I have staff capped, GS capped and I have /SAM /WAR /NIN pretty much everything. I asked if I could go with him and he said "PLD=No thx" -.-... Hm... I really don't understand why people don't like PLD for nyzul... PLD can heal (easily get 3MP per tick auto-refresh w/ Parade Gorget and Sanction refresh), tank when needed (NMs) and they can deal really very decent damage with staff or great sword (I prefer staff because of Spirit Taker which is freaking amazing for PLD, I can drain 150-250 MP with it. Retribution can deal some really good damage too if you have a good DD setup. I've gotten 500-800 Retributions before). Plus the advantage of having SAM as a possible support job really helps with having staff as weapon for Hasso, Seigan and Meditate for faster spirit takers. I dunno, just trying to prove a point here that PLD are not worthless in nyzul. It really kinda ticks me off when people "lol" when I ask if I can go with them to nyzul with PLD. Any thoughts?
I know how you feel, when i saw atonement a few years back, my pld was 75, and it was my only 75 job i had, but no 1 wanted it forn nyzul isle, so i decided to get drk to 75, and now pld still my main/fav job, but drk is a close 2nd to me, lol yes, i can do pld/nin dd pretty good, or pld/sam dd with gsword, but still doesnt do anywhere near as much dmg as my drk does, so basically, if you rly want nyzul isle static to get your ws atonement (which is why i think pld's wana do nyzul isle) lvl another job to max, and use it
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-23 07:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
Fenrir.Parak said:
Today I was in WG and someone was shouting for the nyzul floor I needed to do. The only job I have @ level 75 is PLD, I have staff capped, GS capped and I have /SAM /WAR /NIN pretty much everything. I asked if I could go with him and he said "PLD=No thx" -.-... Hm... I really don't understand why people don't like PLD for nyzul... PLD can heal (easily get 3MP per tick auto-refresh w/ Parade Gorget and Sanction refresh), tank when needed (NMs) and they can deal really very decent damage with staff or great sword (I prefer staff because of Spirit Taker which is freaking amazing for PLD, I can drain 150-250 MP with it. Retribution can deal some really good damage too if you have a good DD setup. I've gotten 500-800 Retributions before). Plus the advantage of having SAM as a possible support job really helps with having staff as weapon for Hasso, Seigan and Meditate for faster spirit takers. I dunno, just trying to prove a point here that PLD are not worthless in nyzul. It really kinda ticks me off when people "lol" when I ask if I can go with them to nyzul with PLD. Any thoughts?
I know how you feel, when i saw atonement a few years back, my pld was 75, and it was my only 75 job i had, but no 1 wanted it forn nyzul isle, so i decided to get drk to 75, and now pld still my main/fav job, but drk is a close 2nd to me, lol yes, i can do pld/nin dd pretty good, or pld/sam dd with gsword, but still doesnt do anywhere near as much dmg as my drk does, so basically, if you rly want nyzul isle static to get your ws atonement (which is why i think pld's wana do nyzul isle) lvl another job to max, and use it

or just do the weaponskills

i'm on floor 40 to this day :p
By Lynxblade 2010-09-23 07:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
Fenrir.Parak said:
or just do the weaponskills i'm on floor 40 to this day :p
I got atonment at floor 40, lol
By Tedril 2010-09-24 14:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Try pld/blu, i have heard things about it, but it can help with skillchains in nyzul isle... I am crazy as far as the job combos I like to check out... Just a thought, and pld's with good weapons to dual weild is MUCH better than a staff or great sword. There is a reason that Pld's have sword A+... And if you have a aegis, sheild bash will do a good amount of damage... Tanking NMs is a good point too man... I feel your pain, PLD is my main job, working on smn and mnk right now though...
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-24 14:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Lol I actually got expaicion by going up in nyzle. Like I had been donig ws and then did some nzyle. Funny part is I didn't realize it and so went to go do more and on the way just happened to look thru my weaponskills and was like son of a ***
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7