PLD=No Thx?!?!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD=No thx?!?!
PLD=No thx?!?!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2008-12-21 18:46:17
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, PLD and BLM are probably more "End-Game" than any other job.

Even taking the easier End Game stuff like Sky/Dynamis. I don't think there's a Sky/Dyna shell in FFXI that won't take another PLD or BLM.

Yet these are two of the most "worthless" jobs to take on in EXP PT's, events like Nyzul Isle, and most Assaults in general. Their 'skills' can easily be replaced, a WAR/NIN can easily replace a PLD, and a SCH can replace a BLM for the most part.

Each giving some bonuses over the other jobs, every job in the game has it's place. The problem is that people only see a small number of places for each job. BST is for soloing, so BST rarely gets pt's, yet I've seen BST and PUP do equal damage compared to their "counter-parts" (WAR and MNK), due to their pet's making up for the master's general lack of power. A PUP that's good at their automaton management or whatever (PUP1 go!) can easily main heal a PT, one of my LS mates proved that to me a few days ago by main healing a Lv.51 PT as /whm with whm puppet.

A lot of the most desired jobs are shunted after Lv.55 because they don't fit in well with events of whatever nature (exp pt, assault, etc) and most people aren't willing to try anything other than "what works".
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-12-21 18:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Unworthycarnage said:
I play WoW and FFXI both PLD and to be honest PLD in wow puts PLD in ffxi to shame... PLDs in ffxi have nothing well unless u spend years on getting a shitty relic

Excalibur is shitty? Wow. On that note I played a PLD in WoW. You're a Super WHM in the the End. I think PLD in FF is better than the WoW version.

PLD as DD is doable. I don't see how the job wouldn't work in Nyzul. It'd depend on your setup. I'll echo an earlier thought though, "People just want things done as fast as possible". Your best bet if you want to go as PLD is probaly form a static.
 Fenrir.Parak
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2008-12-21 21:22:36
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu you are my hero. Ok so the fact that people don't want to try anything new also irritates me. It's a friggin game >_> have fun and experiment with new things! For example, PLD in nyzul! haha
[+]
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-21 22:14:21
Link | Citer | R

I really don't see why people insist on only going pld to some events like nyzule isle. It's like you trying to say you can zerg on pld, you can't it's just that simple. Just b/c you can't do everything in the game on one job doesn't mean you can't do it. If you think SE didn't think about ways to have people want to have to level other jobs you're crazy b/c it would only make sense since you have to play longer to do so, thus more money for them.
 Bahamut.Danagon
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2008-12-21 23:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
BST is for soloing, so BST rarely gets pt's, yet I've seen BST and PUP do equal damage compared to their "counter-parts" (WAR and MNK), due to their pet's making up for the master's general lack of power.

well said
[+]
 Hades.Rivian
Serveur: Hades
user: Rivian
By Hades.Rivian 2008-12-22 00:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Parak, thank-you for this post, First time I have felt to speak up, I also am a PLD main. I got PLD/WAR to Nyzul all the time, with rare fails due to a great team... all of whom are my friends. It's unfortunate you got shunned, but that was one time, one event for something random when he was looking for something else. I agree PLD have many options and can do several things that we are not given a chance for.

But the others also have excellenct points, everyone excelles in certain areas, I am allowed to go PLD in Nyzul because we are all friends, I am very good for lamp floors and bosses, and I have alot of endgame gear so I can keep hate fairly well even in a DD heavy event.
Don't fear though my friend, that's the beauty of FF. It is just a game, one where you can level another job ^^b PLD's will always be in demand for many things, sometimes people just want something else is all.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Nyzul Isle Investigation is another one of those events where team setups are very, very picky. Personally, the best teams I've gone with so far are;

RDM/WHM + PUP/WAR + RDM/WHM + PLD/NIN + THF/NIN + SAM/WAR(I had this as a group on 16-20. We cleared boss with one minute remaining. A win, but really crunched on time).

RDM/WHM + DRG/WHM + SAM/WAR + MNK/DNC + SAM/WAR + WHM/SCH. Cleared easy, 5-10 mins remaining.

A lot of Nyzul Isle success is simply luck. It all depends on the floors you get. Sometimes Eliminate All Enemies floors will take 10 mins, and after that, you are boned unless you get really easy floors after that.

I've seen PLD/NIN do great in Nyzul Isle(never gone with a PLD/WAR, though). However, the PLD/NIN was insanely geared, as were the other members of the group. Gear makes a difference, for all jobs attending.

However, in order to go PLD to Nyzul Isle, you will mostly have to make your own static. I suggest something along the lines of RDM, PLD, SAM, DRG, WHM/SCH + BRD(BRD can be replaced with a Damage Dealer). If you're gonna go PLD though, I'd suggest RDM + WHM/SCH as healers, and get DD jobs as the rest of the PT. Jobs like BST and DRG can go /WHM and still do great damage, while helping with heals as needed, if needed.

In all likely-hood, you won't be able to get a Nyzul PT via /sh - unless you're making it. Even then you'll probably still get "lol" remarks from people, because the majority of the idiots on FFXI are extremely brainwashed.
 Diabolos.Deltafox
Serveur: Diabolos
user: dfox
By Diabolos.Deltafox 2008-12-22 02:04:52
Link | Citer | R

being a PLD main myself and having several other jobs at 75. First and foremost 1 job was not created to be able to do everything in the game effeciently that's why we are able to level multiple jobs on 1 character instead of 1 job 1 character. Gear doesnt matter if the person controlling the character is stupid.

PLD is mostly an endgame job anyways, not for meriting, not for dishing out fast damage or high damage at that. So yeah when it comes to nyzul island it's not a job of choice certainly not effecient. Think of it as taking an hourglass with sand to a track meet and timing the 50 yard dash. Yeah it IS doable, but it's not the best way.

So what I did since PLD was my very first 75 job was start leveling a DD job for the parts of the game where a PLD just ain't worth using. So my recommendation to the OP is that instead of beating the dead horse of bringing the wrong tool to the job and trying to convince people how it's the right job. Go back and get the right tool for the right job.
 Bahamut.Blooodyangel
Serveur: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Blooodyangel 2008-12-22 02:46:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

nyzle, a lot of bcnms etc. pld is not "best" suited for many events, but at least we can get pts faster than thf and blm, thf was a pain to lvl for me -_-
pld DD need better gear than other pure DD jobs to reach their decent dmg, pld DD is not bad, hell it might be better than other jobs in nyzle for certain cases, but that is true only if you got a static made of people who know what they are doing, someone is gonna die? get behind the pld and let him cover XD... flash might buy you couple of misses or spirits within can help sometimes, anyway, if you want a job suited for almost everything, lvl a rdm :P
if you want to join ALL events, and wont lvl a rdm, mostly you will have to lvl more than 1 job, i got 75 pld, lvled thf to 75 to farm, camp NMs, solo, even tank with it, lvling war and blm next for pure DDing, there is a lot of stuff out there, go and enjoy it all, and i still say pld is best tank hell with the other jobs XD
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2008-12-22 02:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Yakutatazu said:
I really don't see why people insist on only going pld to some events like nyzule isle.

"My only 70+ is PLD"?

That could be the reason..? Maybe? >.>

People who level Paladin before any other job are obviously not going to have a huge list of jobs to choose from, especially if they're taking the time out to get merits and gear for it.

Blooodyangel said:
mostly you will have to lvl more than 1 job, i got 75 pld, lvled thf to 75 to farm, camp NMs, solo, even tank with it, lvling war and blm next for pure DDing, there is a lot of stuff out there, go and enjoy it all, and i still say pld is best tank hell with the other jobs XD

(time for me to argue! yay fun >.>)

anyway.. XD

PLD is, in general, the best tank job, BUT (!) NIN > * for several things. I prefer having NIN on NM/HNM due to lower TP gain rate, especially if the NM has a lot of BAD TP moves (Think.. Cassie, Bune, anything like that). If it's blink tankable, NIN RDM BRD > any combination for killing a NM.

But yeah, I agree and disagree with you, tanks are situational, though PLD generally does a better job, especially at early levels where they have access to several more "Tank-like" abilities (Sentinel, Cover, Cure, etc).

Back to the subject though, levelling multiple jobs is a very productive use of time for the most part. Personally I'm levelling "1 of every job type". BLM WAR WHM BRD NIN and maybe SMN. Nukerer! DD, Healer, Support, Tank and need find a job I like to solo with.
 Fenrir.Parak
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2008-12-22 08:56:00
Link | Citer | R

That's what I am trying to do too. Like Hitetsu said, the only job I have at 75 is PLD. There isn't really a lot of choice for me unless people want to take a 71THF with them (one of the other jobs i'm leveling). It just takes so much time to level other jobs... I mean it's fun that's for sure but it is just so time consuming when there is so much other stuff that I would rather just do on PLD.

I think I'm just complaining now haha, I will stop. Thanks for all the feedback guys =). I think I might start my own static now.
 Asura.Arioch
Serveur: Asura
user: Arioch
By Asura.Arioch 2008-12-22 12:46:21
Link | Citer | R

My Nyzul Isle static is BLU COR MNK PLD PUP and WHM. Our PLD doesn't use DD gear or anything; she's a traditional PLD tank. Our setup might be a little bit unusual, but it works. Usually we win. Sometimes we lose, but doesn't every setup lose occasionally?

Nyzul Isle is random by design, so luck is always going to be a factor, and getting floor after floor of "kill all soulflayers" is simply unlucky no matter which jobs you bring. Certain party combinations might provide a helpful edge, but ultimately teamwork is the biggest asset. And teamwork is what's usually missing from pick-up groups, which is why a static party is really the way to go.

I do understand the OP's frustration, especially being someone who only had PLD at 75 until recently. Few events honestly REQUIRE specific setups, but people are unwilling to experiment. If everything could only be accomplished with a handful of jobs, Squeenix never would've added all of the others. Whenever you encounter these situations, the easiest solution is simply to be the leader. Forget the people shouting for pick-up groups and set things up the way you're confident is going to succeed.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-22 14:53:11
Link | Citer | R

There is a huge difference between static and pick-up nyzule runs. I would personally have no problem with a Pld I knew in a static group but would never take a Pld on a pick-up run due to lack of knowing if that Pld can do the job efficiently. With level sync gimped Plds coming up the ranks now the job just can't be depended on. If you can't get in a pick-up on any job not just Pld and are unwilling to make your own static then you need to level another job that is wanted in pick-ups. I personally do pick-ups b/c statics I have been in were unreliable (ie. players showing up 2hrs late if at all) and I hardly have tags for nyzule due to doing other assaults for points. About any set-up would work, the problem is as stated before lack of team work not present in pick-up runs which players then blame on a job when it wasn't really the job. I was 4/4 with the static I had before it broke up due to absent members and on non-boss levels went 2/6 just because everyone wants to be the chief but then runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off when they get lamp order floors. So basically if you want to do pick-ups level a job for them, otherwise go with the better option and make your own static if you are able to. W/e you do gl with Nyzule Parak.
 Odin.Darkmoose
Serveur: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Darkmoose 2008-12-22 16:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Although we don't often have a PLD in my Nyzul group, our setup is not necessarily the standard, yet it works fine for us. We just cleared F100 Cerberus with no 2-hours and almost 10 minutes to spare, so anyone that wants to criticize the setup can take that into account.

NIN/WAR (Same guy PLD/NIN for boss floors sometimes), SAM/DNC, DRG/SAM, BLU/NIN, RDM/WHM, WHM/SCH

We have really had no problem on the times that we brought a PLD, but like other people have mentioned, you really should consider putting together a static. Ours solidified over the first 20 floors or so, and we swapped out a few people in that time, but once we got communication and strategy down cold, it was usually pretty easy with the exception of the occasional floor from hell. We had one this week with 5 Chariots, Imps and Flayers as the floor load, and add to that a secondary Gear requirement. It's a floor that even if you do overcome, you will have blown a ton of time.

My PLD should hit 75 tomorrow, but I already had SAM75, so I don't have to deal with the issue you do. However, I leveled it because I wanted a job that would be wanted for endgame. Not that SAM isn't, but I don't ever recall us stopping for the night because a DD had to log. That and I want the challenge of endgame tanking on PLD.

With Nyzul, Salvage, and a lot of other things, there are jobs that are tried and tested, but it doesn't mean that others can't work. I have been to Nyzul many times on BRD/WHM with Aramina, and that's specifically one of the jobs that Gaea recommends against for Nyzul in her Wiki guide. I wouldn't just take any Bard with crap equipment in there, but with the right people, it works just fine. Paladin is the same way.
 Bismarck.Gra
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Graham
By Bismarck.Gra 2008-12-23 04:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Among others, I have PLD & WAR 75's and have done Nyzul pretty regularly as both.

PLD is great for tanking but when you're against the clock you don't want to be cutting down the damage you're party is doing on a 'kill all' floor.

As has been mentioned, there's certain things PLD excels at and some things it's just doesn't quite fit into as well as some other jobs - Nyzul is one of those events.

For sheer damage dealing PLD is a fairly long way behind many of the main DD's and there's not much that can be done about that.

I have a good TP/WS setup for PLD but I'll always go WAR because my WAR puts out substantially higher damage than my PLD - so WAR always goes to Nyzul because it's just better cut out for the job.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-23 09:04:12
Link | Citer | R

If its about time constraints.. I know I may get flamed or i might get commended, but why not go in with 75 PLD/37SAM just for meditate??

I see Drg/Sam's and Drk/Sam's why not go PLD/SAM?
 Ragnarok.Tira
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Tira 2008-12-23 09:37:04
Link | Citer | R

Neonracer said:
If its about time constraints.. I know I may get flamed or i might get commended, but why not go in with 75 PLD/37SAM just for meditate??

I see Drg/Sam's and Drk/Sam's why not go PLD/SAM?

Unfortunately, it's because subbing SAM "just" for meditate is a huge waste especially with a pld. A PLD's DoT would be much better with /WAR or /NIN granted they have the gear to back it. Now if a PLD were to sub SAM for hasso and meditate for staff use it might be passable.

DRG's and DRK's go /SAM because of the ability to utilize the subjob to it's full potential and output dmg quickly i.e. 2H weapons.

As for nyzul, time is a huge factor and if given the choice of getting a pure DD vs. a PLD, the logical choice is to get a pure DD due to the fact that the objectives are mostly "kill something."

Don't get me wrong though, we use PLD's in my nyzul set for ground kings and the like. Invincible and fanatics has our PLD lol'ing at the mega boss for a good minute and having a designated person tanking makes our mages happy instead of constant hate bounce.

But in any given pickup, since time is of the essence and you're chancing exp and a tag that the people you get will be able to work together, going with a DD over PLD is how most ppl will swing.

~~After having said all that, don't get discouraged from bringing PLD in there, as long as you know what you're doing and get the job done, go for it. I've done many nyzul pickups with PLDs and we cleared every time.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2008-12-23 10:14:16
Link | Citer | R

My main is PLD.

I would say its all about setup, but since I got my mnk & rdm I rarely use PLD cause ppl just want it the easy way... and lets face it... most cant do it any other way.

So i think PLD can work as well as any other job, but most ppl will never take a PLD cause that makes it less simple than all DDs (as example)

So if u get a PLD=no thx (for any reason other than 1-already has one 2-setup no good for it) dont be ofended, pity them
 Pandemonium.Stillen
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Stillen
By Pandemonium.Stillen 2008-12-23 12:00:47
Link | Citer | R

For our Nyzul setup we have a PLD(me),SAM,SAM,WHM,RDM,THF. I go with full DD gear and /nin. For the boss floors I change to tanking gear. Having a PLD on boss floors increases your chance of a win. I have many jobs at 75 including WAR but my group always insists I come on PLD. Although I do less damage then our SAM's, I also offer 500mp to spam cure when needed. This is a great help to our mages. Our group has over a 90% success rate. We only fail due to some occasionally very unlucky floors. PLD is more valuable then most people realize because even when focusing on DD you can also assist healing. With the right DD gear you can put out 1K vorpals consistantly. My static has been doing Nyzul over a year now. PLD is good for nyzul as long as you know how to gear for it.
 Asura.Nightbear
Serveur: Asura
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2008-12-23 13:41:01
Link | Citer | R

PLD is great for end game and such, yet your right NIN/DRK .NIN/DNC can do things a well geared PLD can , my first 75 was BLM and took me about a year to get a few merits due to lack of camps SE leaved for BLMs (2 on ToAU) 1(WotG but you need to level sync) and i used to think the same way "I wanna go BLM to everything" Well bad news, BLM used to be most wanted EXP job back in the day before TP burns took over, so to make your life easy get PLD to 75 and DO NOT try to merit with it. It just won't happen unless you are well geared and have BRD friends to do PLD burns. Level a Merit job: RDM , BRD for the fast invites, DD wise : WAR MNK NIN , simple.

I learned the hard way :/ , but yes experiment all you want just don't try make everyone follow your ideals, is like when someone is cooking something that smells funny and makes you eat it :P
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-23 16:20:04
Link | Citer | R

If you have your heart set on end-game you really need to have 3 types of job leveled to ensure you can get invites to endgame stuff: Tank job, Melee DD, Mage/support.

What i've found from hitting 75 about 3 months back was that just having pld or 1 75 really limits you on endgame activities -.- so i'm having to start leveling a load of other jobs to 75 so I can do the events I really wanna do Nyzul/Einherjar.

I'm guessing PLDs in Nyzul go with GS equipped over sword? Thats another thing setting me back lol
 Phoenix.Vandyr
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Therin
By Phoenix.Vandyr 2008-12-23 18:31:50
Link | Citer | R

PLD is far from optimal and I wouldn't take one in a pickup group because of the chances that said PLD would show up with purple armor, but they CAN be useful if it's a well-geared PLD/NIN with strong DD gear.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2008-12-23 20:37:42
Link | Citer | R

I was just wondering when somebody mentioned /SAM for hasso they only mentioned staff. Why not have it use a Great Sword? I know I have a Subduer and its supposed to be one of the better GS's. Idk, I'm still missing any askar. But I also have SAM75 DRK75 and PLD73. And if I want I have lots of my 55+ DD gear that can work with my PLD from my DRK. I'm not saying I just won't go SAM to nyzul isle. But I am all for making PLD a more well rounded job instead of tanking only. I also agree with the extra healing + DD if you gear it correctly.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2008-12-24 00:11:40
Link | Citer | R

You can take any job into Nyzul and everyone will love you if you can become a LAMP MASTER!
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2008-12-24 02:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Hahaha! I agree with Sterling. If you master lamps, you won't have a problem with nyzul Isle.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-24 02:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Tira said:
Neonracer said:
If its about time constraints.. I know I may get flamed or i might get commended, but why not go in with 75 PLD/37SAM just for meditate?? I see Drg/Sam's and Drk/Sam's why not go PLD/SAM?
Unfortunately, it's because subbing SAM "just" for meditate is a huge waste especially with a pld. A PLD's DoT would be much better with /WAR or /NIN granted they have the gear to back it. Now if a PLD were to sub SAM for hasso and meditate for staff use it might be passable. DRG's and DRK's go /SAM because of the ability to utilize the subjob to it's full potential and output dmg quickly i.e. 2H weapons. As for nyzul, time is a huge factor and if given the choice of getting a pure DD vs. a PLD, the logical choice is to get a pure DD due to the fact that the objectives are mostly "kill something." Don't get me wrong though, we use PLD's in my nyzul set for ground kings and the like. Invincible and fanatics has our PLD lol'ing at the mega boss for a good minute and having a designated person tanking makes our mages happy instead of constant hate bounce. But in any given pickup, since time is of the essence and you're chancing exp and a tag that the people you get will be able to work together, going with a DD over PLD is how most ppl will swing. ~~After having said all that, don't get discouraged from bringing PLD in there, as long as you know what you're doing and get the job done, go for it. I've done many nyzul pickups with PLDs and we cleared every time.

Thanks.. even though I wasn;t the original poster, ITs good to have a person that can hold hate like a PLD, b/c in fact if yer a blm, and you gotta bounce hate ( and even me I'm not a mage job at all, More of a reg. Sam/nin or Sam/dnc) PLD can def save face with the mages.. and Trust me, ifI was a BLK, DOT wud have to be my specialty.. b/c thats what I have to do.. Keep all hate on the Tank plz.. that way the mages have something to concentrate on.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2008-12-24 06:42:06
Link | Citer | R

Pick up groups for Nyzul', unfortunately, I wouldn't place much money on a Paladin being able to perform correctly, or even efficiently in there.

Although, this is beside the fact that a bunch of the standard "melee" Paladin equipment is somewhat much more trickier to aquire, compared to the usual WAR/SAM|NIN, MNK/NIN, or SAM/WAR, which for the most part, are entirely AH-able (as much as not having atleast Byakko's Haidate is gross as heck, not having Homam Cosc' are infinitely more gross, in my opinion atleast).

Fully, and outright admit though that having a good Paladin for Cerberus, primarily, helps keep your group from goin' down faster (assumin' your group can't Fanatic-zerg it down within a minute flat, of WHICH is very common if you ask me). Unless the Paladin's sporting atleast Homam Cosc' (legs) and a Joyeuse though, with effective merits, I would be strongly against having someone come PLD instead of *insert melee job here*.

...lucky us our Paladin has a Kraken', I guess is a way of putting it.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-24 07:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Gear means nothing compared to skill. When you say you don't want to have a person b/c they don't have a certain item then you have crossed the border of effectiveness/elitism. You don't want a purple PLD trying to be DD but there is a line when you list specific gear that they must have.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-24 07:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Yakutatazu said:
Gear means nothing compared to skill. When you say you don't want to have a person b/c they don't have a certain item then you have crossed the border of effectiveness/elitism. You don't want a purple PLD trying to be DD but there is a line when you list specific gear that they must have.

Yeah think about it; Askar is one of the gear sets PLD needs to DD better, if 75Pld is your only 75 job how are you supposed to get it if people say "no you cant come because you need to have proper DD gear" lol Sure you can AH for DD gear but as mentioned above it's not as effective on Pld which needs endgame drops really.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2008-12-24 07:58:17
Link | Citer | R

True, but you need to be able to pull your weight, or at least LOOK like you are doing. Get some cheap DD gear, Haubergeon, Accuracy Rings/WS Mod rings, etc.

If you're willing to put the time and effort in to get to "DD PLD" stage one step at a time, you would be willing to spend the money to get some form of DD setup for PLD, to get the better DD gear, to sell your 'old' DD gear back to the AH. Everything needs a starting point, it's not like a 75PLD can't farm some money for a very basic DD setup.

If you want the best, you have to start with the worst. Nothing good comes easy, so work your way up and be happy with what you can get, you never know how much dressing like a DD might help even without "the best of the best" gear.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7