Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'
Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-19 18:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik, you make me laugh.

People all have opinions, generally crappy ones, and false ideals of that sort, then you're like "Nope, you're all wrong."
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 18:40:41
Link | Citer | R

He does it all the time, lol. He's never wrong. I love Boss Man J.
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-05-19 18:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Only reason they removed the Japanese voice option is because they still don't think people outside Japan can understand Japanese.

As much as I hate the lack of a JP track, there were a few reasons for it. Xenophobia was not one of them.

There simply wasn't enough disk space. The game is too graphics-heavy and multiple language tracks would not fit on the same disk. They then doubled-down on the decision by deciding to sync the characters' lips with the spoken language and touting it as prime tech, so they couldn't go back on it.
Might be the case for X360, PS3 had lots of space left.
Yoshinori_Kitase said:
"Obviously, when we talk about XIII it's for PS3 and Xbox -- with PS3 being on Blu-ray there would be enough memory, but on Xbox probably not." explained Kitase, confirming everybody's worst fears. "At the moment we're thinking of releasing the voice in English only. Are there many people who would like to play with Japanese voices?"
sauce

This is a very good reason to why I hope this stays on the PS3 only.
(I own both systems. But really, I'm sad to seeing FF failing right now).
 Ramuh.Trapt
user: DMCrocker
By Ramuh.Trapt 2010-05-19 18:49:31
Link | Citer | R

I dont wanna wait 215123 years again while they port to 360. VS is suppose to be better than 13, and they needed 3 disks for that, imagine how many vs will need >.<
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-19 19:08:01
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
Might be the case for X360, PS3 had lots of space left.

Yeah, meant for the 360 release.

And they still wouldn't have had room to have parallel graphics to sync the lips in both languages. I don't know why SE was so proud of that, but they made it a core tech feature so they couldn't let you intentionally break it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-19 19:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

I'm frequently wrong. I just try to keep my mouth shut unless I have first-hand knowledge or another way to know I'm right. (And sometimes even fail at that.)

As games are my entire career, they're one area I feel qualified to talk about though. =)
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 19:19:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

I'm frequently wrong.

My childhood has just been ruined.
I'll just pretend like I never read this...yes...
/curls in corner.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 19:21:09
Link | Citer | R

IM NEVER WRONG AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-20 00:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Most every encounter I have over 360 or PSN for voice chat comes down to children, stoner ***, or people speaking other languages, all of whom annoy me. Rarely outside of clans do I ever hear good strategy being discussed. I believe more people use MICs over the 360 due to the fact that that 2$ mic comes bundled with the LIVE starter pack, Arcade to Elite upgrade pack, and I believe it also comes with the Elite.

I'm kinda curious as to the quality of voice chat being the fault of the encode, or the mic, or both. I have a friend that uses his 360 MIC on Ventrilo and it's so annoying, not only is the quality terrible, but he has that "whirring" sound in the background that happens when your 360 MIC is dropped/thrown one to many times. I should record us talking and post it.

The PS3 uses Blue Tooth MICs/Headsets, and the quality is somewhat better if the other players have nicer Blue Tooth headsets, but it's still ***compared to what I expect when using Ventrilo. The PS3 official headset is sold separately and was only ever bundled with one game. There are many online games for PS3 as well.

I guess I kinda have always been an audiophile for a long time, and had used Vent/TS for awhile with the nicest of MICs, and after getting a 360, I was very underwhelmed. Most of the games on 360 don't even have dedicated servers, they're peer 2 peer based, and I feel that voice chat almost is the big service you're being provided, and in my opinion it sucks. It's a budget PC with terrible quality. I hope next generation consoles in general can improve on these aspects, especially if you're being charged a premium.
 Shiva.Ziila
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2010-05-25 14:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Shade your mic was always like one of the worst in the shell
 Alexander.Suzumebachi
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Suzumebachi 2010-05-25 15:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
360 is better than PS3.

[+]
By Zekko 2010-05-25 15:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Suzumebachi said:
Zekko said:
360 is better than PS3.

http://www.crisonu.com/tv2/lol_wut.jpg

Don't hate because it's true bro!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-25 15:37:23
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-05-25 15:53:13
Link | Citer | R

SE said before they are looking into making the free roam on world map come back from FF 1-9 or something similar... i don't see this working very well on multiple disks x.x especially with these kind of graphics. even if they don't bring the world map thing back and keep it the way X and XIII was, it'll be like XIII so they won't have very much free roam at the end of the game.

i own a 360, not a ps3, but i'd like to see this exclusive to ps3 so it can push the system to its limits. and honestly im willing to pay $300+ to play this game XD just my thoughts
 Alexander.Suzumebachi
By Alexander.Suzumebachi 2010-05-25 15:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
Zekko said:
360 is better than PS3.

http://www.crisonu.com/tv2/lol_wut.jpg

Don't hate because it's true bro!

There is no possible way the 360 can compare to the PS3 in the hardware dept and obviously that is what this thread is about. If it can or can not run FFVS13. It may be true that 360 has done a great job catering to the American gaming community especially with Xbox Live but has failed horribly to appeal to the Japanese gaming community in all aspects. I personally think Xbox Live sucks too but hey that is just me and I honestly can't say that the Playstation Network is much better.

Here is the statistics of video game console sales not that it has anything to do with what we a talking about mainly but if you look closely at 360 sales in Japan you will understand what i am talking about.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

Majority of Japanese players would not care the slightest if that game was released on the 360 or not so long as it will be on PS3.

FFXIII did horrible in sales on the 360 even in America where the 360 community is the largest.

The March numbers are in, and it looks like the PS3 is the platform of choice for the majority of Final Fantasy XIII players.

According to data provided by the NPD Group, Square Enix’s new flagship RPG sold over 800,0o0 copies on the Sony PlayStation 3, while the Xbox 360 system fell short of 500,000 sales.

The perceived superiority of the PlayStation 3, which is a more powerful machine, is likely a contributing factor. The game was also developed originally as a PS3 title and later ported to the Xbox 360 platform for release outside of Japan. (Though it should be noted, the Xbox 360 version doesn’t have any performance problems.) For those that have both consoles, the PS3 would be a likely choice for this game.

Final Fantasy also has a long history on the Sony console line, with all major titles since Final Fantasy VII coming out mainly for PlayStation consoles. (The online Final Fantasy XI eventually appeared on the Xbox 360, though it was first a PC and PS2 game.)

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still scheduled to be a PS3-only title. This data may just give Square Enix a little more confidence in that decision.

[+]
 Sylph.Shadowfox
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-05-25 16:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone here actually played ff13 on xbox and on ps3? i was playing on xbox for a couple weeks, while my roomy was playing on ps3. There's so much of a difference its not even funny. Making it multi system was good for their sales I'm sure, but box owners got the shaft on that port, game looks like ***. I went out and bought my own ps cuz of the graphics difference. If SE does make vs multisystem, i hope they do a better job with the port, for box onry owners sake.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-25 16:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowfox said:
I went out and bought my own ps cuz of the graphics difference.

Seriously?
Y'all are ridiculous, lol.
***does not effect the gameplay what-so-ever.
I agree it's better looking on the Ps3, but $300 better? Hell *** no.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-25 16:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Shadowfox said:

Seriously?
FF13 was pretty disappointing either way. It's not even worth the 60 dollars for the game itself, let alone buying a whole new console for.
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-05-25 16:16:32
Link | Citer | R

<--- just recently put together a comp with a bluray player on it, and is now addicted to blu rays. at least until like hvds start becoming mainstream or something.

also now i have access to box and ps exclusives ^^

also: fanboys are annoying. i like my ps3, i like my pc, and i like my xbox. they all have strengths and weaknesses. i see no reason to argue over which is better.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-25 16:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Shadowfox said:

Seriously?
FF13 was pretty disappointing either way. It's not even worth the 60 dollars for the game itself, let alone buying a whole new console for.

H-hey Mr. Man!
This is about FFXIII Versus. You leave my precious out of this!
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-05-25 16:27:09
Link | Citer | R

oh yeah? well ps3 has 3d dot game heroes, so there >.>

edit: And also helps me with my blu ray addiction :D
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-25 16:29:08
Link | Citer | R

What are you talking about, good sir.
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-05-25 16:31:27
Link | Citer | R

3D Dot Game Heroes My roomy hates it cuz of the graphics, but i love it. very nostalgicish
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2010-05-25 16:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
360 is better than PS3.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

are you stupid or just ignorant?
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-05-25 16:34:27
Link | Citer | R

downside to blu ray though: watching the matrix, with the better definition, trinity looks so much uglier than she did on dvd, its quite disturbing. some people just aren't meant to be filmed in hd
By Tiaraa 2010-05-25 16:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said:
SE said before they are looking into making the free roam on world map come back from FF 1-9 or something similar... i don't see this working very well on multiple disks x.x especially with these kind of graphics. even if they don't bring the world map thing back and keep it the way X and XIII was, it'll be like XIII so they won't have very much free roam at the end of the game.

i own a 360, not a ps3, but i'd like to see this exclusive to ps3 so it can push the system to its limits. and honestly im willing to pay $300 to play this game XD just my thoughts

ME2 is two disks and free roam..
Not being a 360 fanboy, just saying ^.^; (but I am a 360 fanboy)
 Sylph.Shadowfox
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2010-05-25 17:08:01
Link | Citer | R

sidenote about xbox, navigating through menus and through netflix is much nicer than on ps3. hey aesthetics count for something too :x And L4D is fun. Would play it on pc but alot of my friends aren't too good with working computers. hell getting them to work a console is miracle enough.
 Alexander.Suzumebachi
By Alexander.Suzumebachi 2010-05-25 17:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Shadowfox said:

Seriously?

Asian chicks like guys who own a PS3!
 Lakshmi.Seoha
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2010-05-25 17:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Shadowfox said:

Seriously?

Not all no. There's asian chicks like me who enjoy some FPS.
This is where the Xbox shines.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-25 17:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Shadowfox said:

Seriously?

Good thing I have both!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8