Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'
Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 04:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Fyrestorm said:
Do you get this wound up every time someone has a different opinion on the better console than you?
I get wound up when people spread untrue information. The 360 is in no way shape or form better than the PS3. Not saying the 360 isn't a good system in its own respect, but it is not exactly a future generation console. Also, my "opinion" as you call it is taken directly from facts about the systems not from some fanboy's imagination
 Sylph.Fyrestorm
Serveur: Sylph
user: Fyrestorm
By Sylph.Fyrestorm 2010-05-19 04:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Sylph.Fyrestorm said:
Do you get this wound up every time someone has a different opinion on the better console than you?
I get wound up when people spread untrue information. The 360 is in no way shape or form better than the PS3. Not saying the 360 isn't a good system in its own respect, but it is not exactly a future generation console. Also, my "opinion" as you call it is taken directly from facts about the systems not from some fanboy's imagination

Gameplay is all about specs now? From what I understood it was the general gameplay, enjoyability of the games and how well they run. I wont deny the Ps3 has some fantastic games, but Xbox360 and the Wii have just as many if not more exclusive (and very good) titles. But as they might not be to your liking, they don't matter. Correct?
[+]
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-19 04:58:52
Link | Citer | R

I don't think this will go over anyway. Didn't Nomura say he'd leave the company if Yoichi Wada tried to screw with his project?
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 05:01:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Fyrestorm said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Sylph.Fyrestorm said:

Gameplay is all about specs now? From what I understood it was the general gameplay, enjoyability of the games and how well they run. I wont deny the Ps3 has some fantastic games, but Xbox360 and the Wii have just as many if not more exclusive (and very good) titles. But as they might not be to your liking, they don't matter. Correct?
we are talking about the system not the games. The system does not determine which games are produced for it so you can't dictate which system is better based off of its games. In terms of specs, the PS3 is better. Games/gameplay/enjoyability of the games produced by the system is all biased for the most part and varies which is why I compare specs since they do not vary and are not opinions. However, if we go from opinions then yes, PS3 still > 360 due to R2, Demon's Souls and LBP alone. Not to mention Socom, GoW3, Heavy Rain and Katamari Forever.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 05:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kowen said:
I don't think this will go over anyway. Didn't Nomura say he'd leave the company if Yoichi Wada tried to screw with his project?
I think that FF14 will make or break SE for a lot of people. I know many that have been disappointed since FFX and their opinions just kept going down as the series went on. If SE *** this one up, they will lose quite a few from their fanbase and they will once again go down the shitter..just like before FF1..

Edit: Double post ftw
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 05:09:43
Link | Citer | R

I just hope Versus XIII is better than XIII, I want to be able to explore the world and not be stuck doing story all the god damn time.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-19 05:10:10
Link | Citer | R

The only reason I bought the PS3 was because I don't want to have batteries in my controllers, and I don't want to be stuck on more monthly fees.

PS3 worked out fine for me, especially lately there have been some seriously good games.
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-19 05:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Kowen said:
I think that FF14 will make or break SE for a lot of people. I know many that have been disappointed since FFX and their opinions just kept going down as the series went on. If SE *** this one up, they will lose quite a few from their fanbase and they will once again go down the shitter..just like before FF1..

Edit: Double post ftw

Unfortunately the majority of FF fans don't even consider XI and XIV a part of the series simply because they're MMOs, even though they pay more homage to the first 6 games than any of the recent ones do.

I don't really care for the cheesy anime vibe that FFs 7-13 have, so XI and XIV are already in a league of their own to me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-05-19 05:39:07
Link | Citer | R

i dont know why people flaunt demon's souls as a game worthy of buying a PS3 over. It was a shitty game with a horrible learning curve. Took me ages to beat and was the first game i ever wanted to quit midway without beating.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 05:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Zekko, go back to Halo.
Quote:
I just hope Versus XIII is better than XIII, I want to be able to explore the world and not be stuck doing story all the god damn time.

As long as they make the story good I'm fine with that. I don't want an FF12 type affair (which is pretty much the polar opposite to be fair).
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-19 05:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Zandra said:
i dont know why people flaunt demon's souls as a game worthy of buying a PS3 over. It was a shitty game with a horrible learning curve. Took me ages to beat and was the first game i ever wanted to quit midway without beating.
The game is not bad just because you were bad at it. What did you start with? Barb? Thief? Hunter? If you don't know anything about that game the best class to start with is Royal until you learn the game a bit. After you get the hang of how to play the damn thing, switch to a better class. The only disadvantage to the game is that it can be difficult if you play strictly offline, but again, that doesn't mean the game is bad.
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-05-19 05:46:03
Link | Citer | R

all i know is im on my 3rd xbox, i pucking hate you RROD, thats reason enough right there to jump off this 360 bandwagon. btw i will be throwing my 360 off a 100 floor building early next year and jumping on the PS3 for FF14, RIP 360
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 05:46:38
Link | Citer | R

No gaems red ring wagglan' adventure.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-05-19 05:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
The game is not bad just because you were bad at it. What did you start with? Barb? Thief? Hunter? If you don't know anything about that game the best class to start with is Royal until you learn the game a bit. After you get the hang of how to play the damn thing, switch to a better class. The only disadvantage to the game is that it can be difficult if you play strictly offline, but again, that doesn't mean the game is bad.

I started with royal. It just wasn't enjoyable for me. It's honestly designed for the die hard fans of dungeon crawlers with the ruthless death system. It got loads easier after the first level because I just grinded souls to level up a bit, but that first level took me 8hours to beat. that's just ridiculous. I'm in no means bad at rpg/any video game for that matter, just a shitty learning curve.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 05:54:31
Link | Citer | R

Demon's Souls was my favorite game of 09, closely followed by Uncharted 2. It isn't some people's cup of tea, I understand.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 05:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:

I started with royal. It just wasn't enjoyable for me. It's honestly designed for the die hard fans of dungeon crawlers with the ruthless death system. It got loads easier after the first level because I just grinded souls to level up a bit, but that first level took me 8hours to beat. that's just ridiculous. I'm in no means bad at rpg/any video game for that matter, just a shitty learning curve.
First time, with royal, took you 8 hours? Damn man... Royal is even considered the lolnewb starter because of the ranged damage+MP refresh ring... I don't know what to say, even my first attempt at 1-1 with a Thief only took about 2 hours, and since then I've rolled 10+ new chars and the level takes about an hour. My only problem with the game was the Tendency system, but other than that I found it to be challenging and brilliant.
By Zekko 2010-05-19 05:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Zekko, go back to Halo.
Quote:

I never left.
daddyrabbit4444 said:
all i know is im on my 3rd xbox, i pucking hate you RROD, thats reason enough right there to jump off this 360 bandwagon. btw i will be throwing my 360 off a 100 floor building early next year and jumping on the PS3 for FF14, RIP 360

I've had my 360 for 5 years now. Never RRoD.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-05-19 05:57:43
Link | Citer | R

Damn my quoting skillz!
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Serveur: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-05-19 05:58:55
Link | Citer | R

there is a link next to the article when u click on the link in the op...just have to wait for the official announcement if it will be multi platform...just rumors atm
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:02:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Zekko, go back to Halo.
Quote:

As long as they make the story good I'm fine with that. I don't want an FF12 type affair (which is pretty much the polar opposite to be fair).

Sure, I don't mind story but the world is supposed to be huge and you can't even explore the towns? That's one of the main things in FF, exploration. I want to be able to explore towns, talk to people, find sidequests, find hidden areas (like Daguerreo in IX) and finding hidden bosses.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 06:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Anyway on topic, multiplatform shouldn't be a problem. More people get to play the game, devs makes more money. If you examine FFXIII the only thing PS3 lost by going multi plat was a Japanese voice option. The PS3 version still looked and played fine [1280x720 2xMSAA @40-60 fps] while the 360 version mostly looked fine and had the same content [1024x576 2xMSAA @50-60fps]. Other than the hurr durr console superiority bull ***, this shouldn't effect the game.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-05-19 06:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Zekko, go back to Halo.
Quote:

I never left.
daddyrabbit4444 said:

I've had my 360 for 5 years now. Never RRoD.

some do, some don't. I've seen some first gen ones run flawlessly, I've had a friend go through 13 since its release(and yes he does take care of them, just bad luck). Best reason to get a system is for games you actually like in my opinion. I chose PS3 because the games on 360 just aren't that appealing to me, never have been.

Comparing the systems though is like comparing apples to oranges. Definitely not a valid argument. The 360 does have better hardware except for the cell processor. Its also more PC based making it easier to program for. The PS3 hardware was designed the way it was to work with eachother better, allowing what seems to be inferior hardware to the 360 to outperform it, but in turn that architecture as well as the architecture of the cell itself does make it hard to program for.

So to each their own. This game comes out for the 360, it does, if it doesn't, oh well. Honestly it'd be a smart business move for SE to do it by allowing them to sell more copies, and in the end, thats what its all about anyway.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-05-19 06:05:25
Link | Citer | R

speaking of fail quote skills Zekko...just posted my entire message as part of the quote...
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 06:06:36
Link | Citer | R

I felt that XIII was actually pretty good. I've never thought of most JRPGs to be much more than grunt work to get from cut scene to cut scene, and XIII was mostly one big cut scene with a simplified battle system. I think that's why I liked Heavy Rain was such an awesome game, an interactive cut scene that you get to watch/play at the same time.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Only reason they removed the Japanese voice option is because they still don't think people outside Japan can understand Japanese. They could've easily released it on PSN and Live if they wanted to. Tri-Ace did this with Eternal Sonata. Nomura wants this to be a PS3 exclusive and I think it should be up to the director whether or not it goes multiplatform. It's his creation after all.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-05-19 06:07:36
Link | Citer | R

idk ff13 was fun...blitzball is actually one of my more favorite ff's..i mean 10..x-2 is a piece of garbage..just as long as no ff is as bad as x-2 im happy...i have to agree with drac though...whats a ff without exploring towns ...i just hope the reamp the battle system cuz 13s was a bit to easy
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 06:08:25
Link | Citer | R

Towns wouldn't make sense given the story of 13 :P I didn't miss them at all since all 13 did was basically "cut the fat". There are hidden areas in 13 as well as hidden bosses (though they are Marks); though I agree more freedom would be better, I definitely don't want something like 12 which is basically all exploration and precious little else.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:10:00
Link | Citer | R

12 with a better story and more character development would've been great, I think.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-05-19 06:10:07
Link | Citer | R

i just wish i could of did japanese voice over with english subtitles...would of made 13 alot better for me
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 06:12:13
Link | Citer | R

I agree. 12 started off amazingly epic but then sort of tailed off until the end when it got great again.

Idc about the subtitles cause the English voices were fine and I don't enjoy hearing voices I can't understand anyway.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8