Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'
Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Only one I really hated was Vanille, terrible voice actor. Hope was a bit meh too. I wonder why SE doesn't listen to their fans, some want Japanese audio so why not just release it on PSN for 5 bucks or something and make more money? It's silly not to. People would buy it even if it's $5.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:13:46
Link | Citer | R

@Raenryong Obviously not everyone is going to want to have another language but for those who can understand it and enjoy it more, why not just release it and make money off of it?
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 06:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Also stop saying the cell is superior to the 360's CPU. I'm mostly a PS3 *** even though I own every console and a fancy gaming PC and this is mostly false if you look at any actual benchmark. IBM isn't even developing the CELL anymore asides from manufacturing for the PS3. The PS3 and 360 are pretty closely matched, the only major difference is that the 360 is leaps and bounds easier to optimize your game for, and the memory is 512ish, while many multiplatform games are built on 360 before being ported to PS3, and the PS3s memory is more 256ish, thus creating a paradox where many games are unoptimized to run on PS3s hardware resulting in lower res textures etc, no vertical sync, lower res, no/less FSAA etc. The proof is out there that a pretty game can exist on PS3, needn't look further than Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain, and even XIII ran at higher res on PS3 than 360 [again it was built ground up with the PS3 in mind.]

ANYWAY, you should own which game system has the types of games you enjoy, or if you're like me you should own them all.
[+]
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Serveur: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-05-19 06:15:30
Link | Citer | R

so i was reading around and rumor is ffversus13 is gonna have the kingdom hearts battle system?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Yes, it's more of an action RPG.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 06:17:20
Link | Citer | R

Well the amount of people who actually understand Japanese and furthermore would prefer them as voice actors is extremely small in a non-asian market.

I found Vanille's voice fine; she has a "fake voice" and a "real voice", obviously using the "fake voice" for the first few chapters of the game. See the scenes in Chapter 8 for when you can very clearly tell the contrast.

What was wrong with Hope's voice? I thought he did the whole range of emotions quite well.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:18:58
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but it was a bit girly for a guy his age imo lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 06:19:49
Link | Citer | R

A more masculine one wouldn't have suited his character :p
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Well the amount of people who actually understand Japanese and furthermore would prefer them as voice actors is extremely small in a non-asian market.

Sure, but some still want it so why not make more money off them by releasing it on PSN/Live? They could charge 5-10 bucks and they'd probably still buy it. Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 06:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Only reason they removed the Japanese voice option is because they still don't think people outside Japan can understand Japanese. They could've easily released it on PSN and Live if they wanted to. Tri-Ace did this with Eternal Sonata. Nomura wants this to be a PS3 exclusive and I think it should be up to the director whether or not it goes multiplatform. It's his creation after all.
I don't understand JP, just many times in anime and video games ported from Japan/Asia, the dub voice acting sounds cheesy or unprofessional or the voicing just sounds bad, or doesn't sync properly, and many prefer to read subtitles with Japanese voices than listen to the dub. IIRC SE stated that due to the space limitation on the 360s DVDs, that any idea of doing a JP language option or even future DLC would be out of the question because they wanted the versions of the game to be exactly the same. Honestly though, the English voices in XIII were great though, with SE even spending extra time and money to resync the movement to sync up with the English track.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 06:21:47
Link | Citer | R

I honestly don't think the number of people is big enough to warrant such a thing. Maybe I'm biased because I can't stand Japanese voice actors and won't watch anything unless it's completely dubbed etc, but it does seem like a really small minority...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:23:35
Link | Citer | R

They lip syncing was wonderful in XIII. In other games I just switch to Japanese because quite frankly, JRPG dubs suck *** 90% of the time. Western RPGs (like Mass Effect) have excellent voice acting though so I don't understand why they *** up JRPGs so badly.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Serveur: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-05-19 06:23:49
Link | Citer | R

would it of been terribly hard for them to do it like soulcalibur ? where there is just an option to have english or japanese audio / optional subtitles ?

to me it seems like it would of been easy, just needing twice as much storage for audio(which also seems to me like it cant be that much comparatively to the video), but i dont know.

maybe someone knows better
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-05-19 06:26:40
Link | Citer | R

yea i forgot to think about the small things...if they were to release the japanese voice track for 13 it wouldnt allign right with the mouth movements
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 06:26:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I honestly don't think the number of people is big enough to warrant such a thing. Maybe I'm biased because I can't stand Japanese voice actors and won't watch anything unless it's completely dubbed etc, but it does seem like a really small minority...
You're probably right, especially in regards to the general audience and market, but I don't think I've ever met anyone in my circle of friends that prefer English VA to JP. Just saying, we exist, and as far as I could tell if I tallied my friends, the majority of us would probably tell you JP>EN as far as anime goes. (Though this isn't entirely a VA preference as a translation preference in general.) There are many cases where dubbing is done right, but some cases were dubbing just sucks. For example I can't stand Solid Snake's JP voice.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:28:56
Link | Citer | R

There are also small things (like in the way they say things, or words they use) that are lost in translation and some enjoy the original script but with English menus and text. Sort of like an International version.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-05-19 06:29:22
Link | Citer | R

i prefer japanese voices far more than english ones in anime...most the time the english voices dont even match the emotions etc etc...i remember watching bleach on tv for the first time in english..irritated the ***out of me
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 06:30:00
Link | Citer | R

There are also small things (like in the way they say things, or words they use) that are lost in translation and some enjoy the original script but with English menus and text. Sort of like an International version.
This. Also ***like changing swear words from *** and ***to damn and darn.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 06:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Well, fair enough. It would be a VERY sizable download if you think about it though - how many lines of spoken script does FF13 have? Imagine all of those audio files and then if they had to send you the Japanese lip syncs as well... utter nightmare for a comparatively little gain as far as they're concerned.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:33:19
Link | Citer | R

Even small things like honorifics can tell you how close some people are or how they know each other.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Well, fair enough. It would be a VERY sizable download if you think about it though - how many lines of spoken script does FF13 have? Imagine all of those audio files and then if they had to send you the Japanese lip syncs as well... utter nightmare for a comparatively little gain as far as they're concerned.

I have 230+ GB left on my PS3, I wouldn't mind paying for it. :P
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 06:37:02
Link | Citer | R

230gb? gimme. I have an original 60gb and debating buying a new hard drive because I've just run out of room almost :S
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:38:27
Link | Citer | R

I also have the 60 GB, I switched it out because I was running out of space. It's quite easily done BUT do NOT use a screwdriver for the little screws that hold the hardrive in place, those things are *** budget and soft. You'll destroy them. Get some pliers to screw them off or you might not get them back on.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-19 06:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the tip! Is it difficult to transfer all of your files over etc?
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 06:41:38
Link | Citer | R

Installed a 500gb myself. Bought it for a song on newegg.
 Asura.Despayn
Serveur: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-19 06:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Whatever.

I heard they cut a lot of content from FFXII in order to successfully port it over to Xbox360 (why they didn't just make it more than 3 disks is beyond me, really).

I don't care unless they keep the entire game in tact. If it takes the Xbox360 20 disks to make it so, then so *** be it, or make it PS3 exclusive only.

Also I heard the main character's homosexual. Dot dot dot.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Just get an external harddrive or something similar (lots of space) and do a backup, switch the harddrive and download the latest firmware etc for it and then put the stuff back. http://www.gamespot.com/features/6176090/index.html is a guide on how to do it.

<- Those are the screws I was talking about. Really annoying.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 06:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Despayn said:
Whatever.

I heard they cut a lot of content from FFXII in order to successfully port it over to Xbox360 (why they didn't just make it more than 3 disks is beyond me, really).

I don't care unless they keep the entire game in tact. If it takes the Xbox360 20 disks to make it so, then so *** be it, or make it PS3 exclusive only.

Also I heard the main character's homosexual. Dot dot dot.

Yes, he is <_< I don't understand why they made him gay when the female looks like that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-05-19 06:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Darkshade said:
This. Also ***like changing swear words from *** and ***to damn and darn.

*** and ***don't exist in the japanese language. there literally aren't bad words that translate into english like that. it's all about context and tone
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 06:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Then how do I go to the bathroom in Japan?!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8