Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'
Final Fantasy Versus XIII On Xbox 360? Square's 'Looking Into It'
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-05-19 06:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Then how do I go to the bathroom in Japan?!

haha i don't know about you, but i don't *** everytime i go to the bathroom! be in there for ages! hahahah
 Asura.Despayn
Serveur: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-19 07:03:53
Link | Citer | R

I don't give a *** if the main character is gay. However, if I see a scene with him either a. making out with some dude, or b. even daydreaming about some guy, then I'm probably gonna stop playing it. Nothing against homosexuality, but meh, I personally think its silly.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-05-19 07:07:36
Link | Citer | R

I own both systems so doesn't really matter to me but if it did come out on 360, that's probably the version I'd get.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Serveur: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-19 07:34:17
Link | Citer | R

The trolls in this thread are small time.

If I was in charge of the versus project, I would give the OK to the 360 version, however, I would make a completely different full fledge staff for it. Keep the PS3 development on schedule and if the 360 lags behind well it lags behind. release the other version a later date.

The one thing I didn't like, was how square pretty much delayed the PS3's western version of XIII just so it could be released with the Xbox 360.

Have the 360 be a gimped down version of it. It's not like several other developers gave the same treatment to the PS3 with their multi platform title.

I for one....would like to see a PC release of both games, ('-' ); I'd buy it.

Also:

Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 07:35:59
Link | Citer | R

I see this thread is going places.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-19 07:43:46
Link | Citer | R

Here's a link that shows what the both PS3 and Xbox 360 are fully capible above, long article but worth the read.

Playstation 3 & Xbox 360 GPU test comparison
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-19 07:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Despayn said:
I don't give a *** if the main character is gay. However, if I see a scene with him either a. making out with some dude, or b. even daydreaming about some guy, then I'm probably gonna stop playing it. Nothing against homosexuality, but meh, I personally think its silly.

That was an April Fool's joke in the news section of a popular FFXIII info site. Fan-service and appearance aside, S.E. would never take the risk of making a gay protagonist.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 07:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Only thing I care about is online. Xbox Live is better than PlaystationOnline - hands down. If you can't afford $6 a month, I need you to consider how the *** you could afford video games in the first place.

[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-19 07:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kowen said:
Asura.Despayn said:

That was an April Fool's joke in the news section of a popular FFXIII info site. Fan-service and appearance aside, S.E. would never take the risk of making a gay protagonist.

Yes they would or Kuja wasn't gay enough for ya? Then again he was the anti protagonist
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 07:48:29
Link | Citer | R

I remember the gay dewd in Enchanted Arms. Then, later on, he was the super-badass character. I wouldn't care if the main character was gay. As long as he kicks ***, it's cool with me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-19 07:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Asura.Despayn said:

Yes they would or Kuja wasn't gay enough for ya? Then again he was the anti protagonist

Antagonist lol.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-19 07:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Asura.Despayn said:

Antagonist lol.

shush go make me some tea

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-19 08:03:40
Link | Citer | R

<3 you :D
 Asura.Despayn
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-19 08:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Thank God.

I actually feel much better knowing that was an april fool's joke hah.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-19 08:46:03
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even realize there are more FF games coming to PS3, I thought it was 13 > 14 lol.

Xbox360 sucks too, I own both so I can give my opinion on it as the only time mine goes on is for FFXI second account.. with its 6 line macros -.- even though that's irrelevant.
 Shiva.Ziila
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2010-05-19 11:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Zandra said:
I'm in no means bad at rpg/any video game for that matter, just a shitty learning curve.
that first level took me 8hours to beat.
No, you are bad at video games.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-19 16:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ziila said:
I'm in no means bad at rpg/any video game for that matter, just a shitty learning curve.
I love you Zilla.
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Only thing I care about is online. Xbox Live is better than PlaystationOnline - hands down. If you can't afford $6 a month, I need you to consider how the *** you could afford video games in the first place.
They're both primarily peer 2 peer. Console games rarely have dedicated servers these days unless you're on PC. The only real advantage I see that 360 has is Cross Game Voice Chat, but I can't stand it because I've been spoiled by things like ventrilo/TS. After listening to people with crystal clear MICs on PC then listening to people on 360 it's like listening to someone take a ***over a phone at the lowest possible encode. It's *** terrible.

Also I hate that the controllers don't come with the rechargeable battery dock by default, and that Microsoft just rapes the ***out of you in hard drive costs. Bend over ***!
 Sylph.Belmonth
Serveur: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-05-19 16:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Din't Wada quickly went to damage control on his twitter after hearing the JP's uproar in anger about this being a "posibility" to 360, and said that this din't meant it was going to 360?
 Fairy.Winterlight
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2010-05-19 17:05:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Zekko said:
Actually the 360 has a higher shading video card than the PS3 which means it can load pixels faster(its also been proven just google it). At the besieged comment, i dont know probably because the PS3 stores more information on its HDD cache where the 360 loads it straight up causing lag.

lol this is the only thing you could come up with? Oh thats right, because thats the only thing that 360 has over PS3 in terms of hardware and still, Pixel load rate is not as big a deal when you have the rest of this =) (also 360 lags with FFXI....my comp from '03 doesn't even lag with ffxi..)

Clockspeed in MegaHertz: 550 (PS3), 500 (360)
GigaFlops (Billions of Floating Point Operations Per Second): 1,800 (PS3), 240 (360)
Billions of Dot Products per Second: 1,800 (PS3), 240 (360)
Millions of Polygons per Second: 900, 1,800 with CPU handling culling (PS3), 500 (360)
Shader operations per clock cycle: 136 (PS3), 96 (360)
Billions of Shader operations per second: 74.8, 100 with CPU (PS3), 48 (360)
Texture lookups per clock cycle: 24 (PS3), 16 (360)
Texture lookups per second: 13,200 (PS3), 8,000 (360)
Vertex/Pixel Shader pathways: 24 pixel, 8 vertex (PS3), 48 shared (360)
Shader ops per pathway: 5.7 (PS3), 2 (360)

Just for a REAL comparison and not some fanboy's fantasy bs

AH HA!

So the 360 has more Vertex/Pixel Shader pathways so that means it is SUPERIOR!

And they're SHARED and because sharing is caring this is ANOTHER WAY 360 is superior!!!

;)

Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-19 17:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Sharing is for pansies.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-19 17:30:23
Link | Citer | R

Re-posted from another thread on this topic, only dealing with FF14 on multiple consoles instead:

--------------------

One thing most gamers don't realize is that developers do not have freedom to develop games for whatever consoles they wish. Microsoft owns 360 development. Sony owns PS3 development. You don't just get to up and say "I'm gunna make a game for PS3."

They charge a tremendous amount of money, usually millions of dollars, to allow developers to make a game for their platform. Then they push their own developers, QA, and programmers into the process to make sure the game comes out in a way that meshes well with all the other games on their particular console. (Sony loses face for their console itself if a game for PS3 is released with poor quality control.)

How do you think 360 Achievements work, balanced across all games on the console? By designers from Microsoft coming in and telling the game developers how to design them. Etc.

They also have issues with duplicate functionality -- Microsoft completely shut down and then abandoned a 360 project I was working on because we had a player-to-player messaging interface, and they wouldn't allow it because it duplicated part of XBox Live's functionality. They're just like Apple in that regard. We also didn't want to have post-retail downloadable content, and Microsoft insisted we take parts of the game out and sell them separately as DLC to boost profits. (They get a cut of all game sales.) Sony is the same way.

It's far more likely that this decision by SE is business-driven rather than ideological. The console manufacturers could be dragging their heels or making trouble. They have never before allowed public "beta" copies of games on their current gen consoles in this manner, and probably want a bunch of special assurances and conflicting design directives. I know that most of the major MMO developers (Blizzard, Sony, EA, etc) have tried to develop console versions of their MMO's before and failed, because the business market is too complex and expensive.

There's also just the development problem of cross-platform titles. The PC and 360 at least share a common back-end: DirectX. But the PS3 shares nothing in common and the engine must be coded completely from scratch for their specific GPU's, unless you spring a cool $3M for a pre-built PS3 middleware engine like Unreal. It's not a "port," it's a rewrite.

Long story short: it's a business/legal decision, not a development or technical one.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Shiva.Ziila said:
I love you Zilla.
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
They're both primarily peer 2 peer. Console games rarely have dedicated servers these days unless you're on PC. The only real advantage I see that 360 has is Cross Game Voice Chat, but I can't stand it because I've been spoiled by things like ventrilo/TS. After listening to people with crystal clear MICs on PC then listening to people on 360 it's like listening to someone take a ***over a phone at the lowest possible encode. It's *** terrible.

Also I hate that the controllers don't come with the rechargeable battery dock by default, and that Microsoft just rapes the ***out of you in hard drive costs. Bend over ***!

Meh, it sounds fine to me. Maybe because I've had it for some many years, I don't know. I personally don't like vent, lol. The Xbox Live community is far larger (yes, I realize this means more douchebags) so there's always people out there. Also, Xbox Live requires DSL, while you can use dial-up on Playstation Online. From what I've seen, there are far less laggy situations on XBL compared to Playstation Online.

I hate the new mics though. They break so easily.../rage.

The way I compared the two:

If you like online games more, get an Xbox.
If you like single player games more, get a Ps3.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:33:40
Link | Citer | R

Like the dewds said: "It's just business, nothing personal."
By semimmortal 2010-05-19 17:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The way I compared the two:

If you like online games more, get an Xbox.
If you like single player & online games, get a Ps3.
fix'd
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:38:10
Link | Citer | R

I can't stand the thought of online games without communication. It's like playing with bots.
By semimmortal 2010-05-19 17:43:50
Link | Citer | R

Wait, PS3s has no headsets suddenly?
Or did PS3 online community nuked themselves? O.o
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Darkshade made it seem like Ps3s don't, lol.
Also my friend said people never talk on Ps3 games.
I can't say for myself since I never went online on my Ps3 (only seeing friends) since, well, I have a 360 for that.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-19 17:48:22
Link | Citer | R

I for one don't like hearing 10 year olds talk ***over chat.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-19 17:48:57
Link | Citer | R

That's cool, since I only run into them about 10% of the time.
If only they had a mute function. Heh.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-19 18:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Only reason they removed the Japanese voice option is because they still don't think people outside Japan can understand Japanese.

As much as I hate the lack of a JP track, there were a few reasons for it. Xenophobia was not one of them.

There simply wasn't enough disk space. The game is too graphics-heavy and multiple language tracks would not fit on the same disk. They then doubled-down on the decision by deciding to sync the characters' lips with the spoken language and touting it as prime tech, so they couldn't go back on it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8