Link | Citer | R

Btw, Zekko is a troll, just ignore him.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:27:08
Link | Citer | R

I dont know how it works in your world but apparently being rude is the only way to get through to some people!
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 16:27:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
thats not even the point abriel, its that I and I'm sure a lot of other people dont care what the "IDEAL" job for every situation is when others do just fine in 2010 and we dont need people spouting about it in every thread and refusing to listen to that

if you have a vetran tank that can pull it off why not go for it? noone's telling a pld or nin to level rdm or sam so that they can tank, or did I miss that somewhere? (I could have, lol)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-05 16:27:25
Link | Citer | R

What's wrong with wanting to be efficient?
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 16:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
What's wrong with wanting to be efficient?

Everything apparently.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:29:14
Link | Citer | R

if youre having fun, does efficiency matter

if having a paladin tanking tiamat is so detrimental to everyones gameplay that you just cannot bring yourself to log in, then maybe a rdm should be suggested to tank but I dont really ever see that as the case and if you dont see that perhaps you should find a real job because unless you sell gil with all that efficiency you arent getting paid for this!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
did I say that? begos being an elitist *** is cool
Why is everyone who has experience with the game on this forum labeled elistist? It's so stupid. I'm sorry that these people want to get the most out of the jobs and the game bawwww
Another missed point, When PLD does just fine and everyone is having fun, why go further? Why strain when you have the runs, it makes no sense? (If Krizz reads this, BLAH!)
yes thank you kojo, if you have a rdm who likes to tank then cool beans brosef but please do not tell us about it in every thread kthnx

Well, think of the PLD that the RDM screwed out of his role. Maybe that PLD has Are's, Koenig, Homam, Aegis, Burtgang, etc. Then there's "Yeah, you've built up your PLD nicely, come RDM, DRK, or SAM."
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 16:30:29
Link | Citer | R

This thread *** sucks.

De-rail time

[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 16:30:29
Link | Citer | R

what was this thread originally about again? can anyone remember, 'cause I can't... haha
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-05 16:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Why the *** can't being efficient be fun?
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 16:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
This thread *** sucks.

De-rail time

too late, therad de-railed long ago, sorry bro =/
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 16:31:54
Link | Citer | R

apperantly it takes too much work... lol
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:32:22
Link | Citer | R

everything I've said is wooshing you guys, take care '-')/

edit: I really must learn to glance over everything said by argietto, this guy is impregnable
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 16:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Fun is subjective.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-05 16:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
if youre having fun, does efficiency matter if having a paladin tanking tiamat is so detrimental to everyones gameplay that you just cannot bring yourself to log in, then maybe a rdm should be suggested to tank but I dont really ever see that as the case and if you dont see that perhaps you should find a real job because unless you sell gil with all that efficiency you arent getting paid for this!

SAM can tank tiamat! It gets a decent fire resist set >.> and it would be fun too XD
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:32:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
This thread *** sucks. De-rail time

LMAO
Leviathan.Abriel said:
what was this thread originally about again? can anyone remember, 'cause I can't... haha

Some shitty helm.

It is for some, but having fun and NOT being 'optimal' or 'efficient' is more fun to others.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-05 16:34:16
Link | Citer | R

But he's bashing people for saying what the most efficient tank in certain situations is, which for some is interesting and will make their gaming more fun. I don't see why he feels the need to be such a *** *** about it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 16:35:06
Link | Citer | R

I can see where Airbag is coming from, unless it's having a direct influence on other people then you should be able to do what you want, if a RDM tank is necessary for survival then it should be used, if it doesn't matter then it should be up to the tank to do what he/she wants.

Like I said, fun is subjective.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 16:36:11
Link | Citer | R

But he's bashing people for saying what the most efficient tank in certain situations is, which for some is interesting and will make their gaming more fun. I don't see why he feels the need to be such a *** *** about it.

He's bashing people because in a thread about pld helmets, someone came in and interjected a totally off-topic argument.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Because Ari claimed that other jobs were "the best". And it usually isn't fun losing a mob, or having a full LS wipe just because tanking something with a non-tank job is interesting, not all LS members will find it interesting nor fun.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
He's bashing people because in a thread about pld helmets, someone came in and interjected a totally off-topic argument.

Also, this.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Then again, this IS a equipment thread, if there was going to be a flamewar going on at page 4, I'd expect it to be along the lines of "Grats, noob, get Kaiser." or some crap.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-05 16:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Then again, this IS a equipment thread, if there was going to be a flamewar going on at page 4, I'd expect it to be along the lines of "Grats, noob, get Kaiser." or some crap.

^
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-05-05 17:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Person 1: If situations x, y, z, a, b, and c all happen at the same time, you should use THIS pld head, and not THAT one.

Person 2: Well, if all those situations happen you shouldn't be using a Pld to tank.

Everyone else: Stop derailing the thread Person 2!!!

---

It's not like Argettio went way out to left field, it was a normal progression of the topic. And yeah, for those objectively wondering, in a lot of different situations, the other jobs stated will out tank pld in terms of dmg taken, support needed, and holding hate as well.
Not interested to know more? Fine, take Pld/War, Use an Earth Staff and have a trio of Summoner's constantly use Aerial Armor on you. Then start dancing like it's 2007/
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-05-05 18:06:17
Link | Citer | R

It's cool, I got my answer on page 1. You guys are a trip.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-05 18:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:
will out tank pld in terms of dmg taken, support needed, and holding hate as well.

Sorry but if a PLD is taking more than the occasional hit every so often, they're doing it wrong. Also, hate has a cap, when that cap is hit the last action (so little as swinging your weapon) will make the mob turn. RDM wins in being self sufficient, otherwise they'll break even.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-06 17:13:48
Link | Citer | R

yup, hate has a cap, but it's constantly dropping too.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-06 18:16:09
Link | Citer | R

I hate you for referring me to this thread, Dracondria :(

I adore Paladin. My Paladin is decent with good gear. It is not as good as RDM in many situations. I don't care, I can and do tank with either depending on my current mood because I know I can do both. If I have to REALLY bring my A-game, I'll tank stuff on RDM over PLD on the majority of mobs.

Nowhere did Argettio say "OMG TANK ON SOMETHING OTHER THAN PALADIN OR STOP PLAYING SRSLY"; it's the idiots who are vastly exaggerating his stance to suggest that. It is however foolish to dismiss other jobs out of hand just because they are not the "recognised" tank job and it is equally foolish to assume Paladin is automatically the best at every (or even most) situations; it is not.

It is a good compromise in that it is generally at least decent at most mobs across the board, but it truly reigns supreme at precious little.

If you are using Hauteclaire on PLD, you are almost always on the low end of effective tanks. Almost anywhere a PLD isn't meleeing for TP and Atonementing using a Joytoy/Excal, you are probably not very effective compared to RDM in particular.

On topic to contribute: when using Sentinel, if you are Flashing in a head with any +Enmity on it at all, switch to Turban. Minor increase but hey.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-05-06 18:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Ok this was a thread about Paladin Head pieces. Make your own thread to argue your geeky points!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-06 18:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Chasuro said:
Ok this was a thread about Paladin Head pieces. Make your own thread to argue your geeky points!

Geeky points?