PLD Helm
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Abriel
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 16:00:44
Link | Citer | R

if you know what you're doing, you shouldn't need a thf or /thf to hold hate... don't get me wrong, they do make a tank's job easier, but they're not essential (esp if your tanks have the appropriate gear).

edit: drk/nin tank plays exactly like nin/drk tank, the only time I would personally try to deal melee damage is when my co-tank had hate...
 Phoenix.Airbag
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:01:44
Link | Citer | R

you just come across as a gigantic *** shaped brick wall, you arent fun to talk to and we see your point but that doesnt mean that pld doesnt do fine in every situation

nothing has to be THE MOST EFFICIENT EVER because i can guarantee all of your DD arent wearing hachiryu haramakis and eating dragonsteaks for breakfast lunch and dinner and wiping their butts with vir subligars
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
neither will a paladin with a WHM a RDM and 2 BRDs lol... you try too hard
And a SAM and DRK would deal more damage, and RDM take less.
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Then add "Utsu: Ichi/Ni Recast are both down." You also need THF for any of those to work, not to mention when your DDs are tanking, they die, dmg goes down, blah-blah-blah. Just give up.
Then use your PDT set.

Then PD wears, maybe your 'tank' is back up, but weakened when the THF dies. Not to mention the 'tank' has no hate. So everyone dies.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 16:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
why do you do this

I just said that when melee damage isn't viable RDM is a better tank, and it escalated into debate about tanking jobs.

For some reason people seem unwilling to accept that PLD isn't the best tank.

I am not sure why I am being villainised for giving opinion about other (better) tanking jobs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:04:59
Link | Citer | R

read my post 2 up
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
why do you do this
I just said that when melee damage isn't viable RDM is a better tank, and it escalated into debate about tanking jobs. For some reason people seem unwilling to accept that PLD isn't the best tank.

I'm only arguing because you come off as an elitist douchebag, and because your logic can be toppled.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:09:03
Link | Citer | R

because you do this in every thread then youre like WELL THESE PEOPLE ASKED FOR MY HELP LOLOL its just unnecessary and makes you look like an ***

just giving you some protips bro, i dont really care what the best tank job for every situation is when a paladin can pass fine

this isnt 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009 and I think people play to have fun now
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-05 16:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Airbag is a huge *** tool. All Argettio is doing is explaining which tank would be the most efficient for different situations, what exactly is wrong with that? Argettio isn't coming off as an elitist douchebag at all. Where's Pchan with "Suck Less" when you need him.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-05 16:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Abriel said:
if you know what you're doing, you shouldn't need a thf or /thf to hold hate... don't get me wrong, they do make a tank's job easier, but they're not essential (esp if your tanks have the appropriate gear). edit: drk/nin tank plays exactly like nin/drk tank, the only time I would personally try to deal melee damage is when my co-tank had hate...

Of course not, I just saw a few posts saying that enmity made through damage delt is a means of discerning which job can tank better.

Just pointing out that enmity generation shouldn't be an issue with tanking, only thing that determines which tank is better is Gear/player skill/suitability for the NM you're fighting.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:10:28
Link | Citer | R

I just wouldn't want to have a LS wipe because some idiot wanted to tank on RDM, or SAM, or especially DRK.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Airbag is a huge *** tool. All Argettio is doing is explaining which tank would be the most efficient for different situations, what exactly is wrong with that? Argettio isn't coming off as an elitist douchebag at all. Where's Pchan with "Suck Less" when you need him.

lol@ the suck less comment and calling everyone a tool, did your older brother say that to someone
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 16:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, I am glad some one understands.

[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 16:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Leviathan.Abriel said:
if you know what you're doing, you shouldn't need a thf or /thf to hold hate... don't get me wrong, they do make a tank's job easier, but they're not essential (esp if your tanks have the appropriate gear). edit: drk/nin tank plays exactly like nin/drk tank, the only time I would personally try to deal melee damage is when my co-tank had hate...

Of course not, I just saw a few posts saying that enmity made through damage delt is a means of discerning which job can tank better.

Just pointing out that enmity generation shouldn't be an issue with tanking, only thing that determines which tank is better is Gear/player skill/suitability for the NM you're fighting.

lol k, woulda been nice to know a bit of that before hand. thanks for clearing that up.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-05 16:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Why is SAM, DRK and RDM tank so hard to grasp?
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:15:51
Link | Citer | R

It's back-asswards.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:16:08
Link | Citer | R

god you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE this is ridiculous
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 16:19:20
Link | Citer | R

because there aren't many people that can do it well and properly.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-05 16:19:22
Link | Citer | R

Probably because 90% of players either don't solo on those jobs (more sam/drk than rdm) or never tank on them.

I found Serket duo a great way to learn how to tank on SAM.

Willing to bet most people only use such jobs in their traditional roles as opposed to those leveling pld having spent 10-75 tanking stuff (not that it compares to much endgame but eh). I don't know why but tanking on RDM just feels so foreign to me takes getting used to i guess.
 Lakshmi.Ezekryu
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ezekryu
By Lakshmi.Ezekryu 2010-05-05 16:19:59
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
hurrdurr its all about the parses

Yeah, if being an elitist means playing as the most optimal job/gear setup for encounters, then I'm sure many people would be fine with being one.

RDMs are amazing tanks in the right hands, this entire thread turned to ***on page 2. SAMs are good tanks as well, I've tanked chariots as SAM/WAR (although I'm generally on MNK now during Salvage) which is hardly anything gamebreaking - see Richard's SAM/WAR thread from way back in 2007 on KI.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:20:29
Link | Citer | R

thats not even the point abriel, its that I and I'm sure a lot of other people dont care what the "IDEAL" job for every situation is when others do just fine in 2010 and we dont need people spouting about it in every thread and refusing to listen to that
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:21:38
Link | Citer | R

@Celestina You don't 'Tank' solo, you Solo solo. You aren't in a PT and therefore are not fulfilling a role, as you are taking on a full burden of an enemy on yourself. Wrong subject.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:21:42
Link | Citer | R

newsflash! do not care that you tanked something on sam/war, if you had fun congratulations! make a thread about it! get some rate ups! *** off!
By Zekko 2010-05-05 16:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
did I say that? begos being an elitist *** is cool

Why is everyone who has experience with the game on this forum labeled elistist? It's so stupid. I'm sorry that these people want to get the most out of the jobs and the game bawwww

[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:23:14
Link | Citer | R

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I'm pretty sure all my characters are geared better than yours bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

but i dont tell everyone about it at every chance bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-05 16:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Why is everyone who has experience with the game on this forum labeled elistist? It's so stupid. I'm sorry that these people want to get the most out of the jobs and the game bawwww

Another missed point, When PLD does just fine and everyone is having fun, why go further?

Why strain when you have the runs? It makes no sense. (If Krizz reads this, BLAH!)
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 16:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I'm pretty sure all my characters are geared better than yours bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Have I once mentioned my gear in this thread?

Have I once said I was better than any one else in this thread?

Have I once been rude to any one in this thread?

Answer is 3/3 "No" for me... what about you?

And Kojo your missing the point, a non PLD tank isn't strain, if done correctly it reduces the 'strain'
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 16:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Elitist: "You're ***at the game for not having this 25 mil piece and therefore doing 0.5% worse than me in a parse"

Clever person: "You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for TPing in str gear on a MNK that cost about double of what good gear would cost"
[+]
By Zekko 2010-05-05 16:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:

Congrats, you managed to over-use my word and make an exceptionally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE response. Also:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
god you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

Such a hypocritical statement.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-05 16:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

Another missed point, When PLD does just fine and everyone is having fun, why go further?

Why strain when you have the runs, it makes no sense? (If Krizz reads this, BLAH!)

yes thank you kojo, if you have a rdm who likes to tank then cool beans brosef but please do not tell us about it in every thread kthnx
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-05 16:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
@Celestina You don't 'Tank' solo, you Solo solo. You aren't in a PT and therefore are not fulfilling a role, as you are taking on a full burden of an enemy on yourself. Wrong subject.

Actually soloing (not lolFoV) but things a bit more challenging is useful in learning survival which is a key role in tanking.

If you noticed I kept Solo and tanking seperate: either don't solo on those jobs (more sam/drk than rdm) or never tank on them.

Because yes the 2 things are different.