Opinions
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Borealis
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-04-22 10:55:20
Link | Citer | R

I recently got an E. Body from my Einherjar shell, shortly after which I left. The reason for my leaving was a combination of not needing anything else from Einherjar and that my current endgame shell tends to do a lot of things that interfere with the run times. The problem is, people in that Einherjar shell now seem to all think I basically stole the E. Body. Just to make it clear; I spent at least 3 months of near 100% attendance and spent all my points on this one item. I waited in line behind one of the members the entire time and was actually lucky to outlot a BST who had the same points as me at the time. I was patient and never complained once about the petty arguments that frequently broke out between members. Now everyone I meet that's in the Einherjar shell and to an extent the main endgame shell that runs it seem to show animosity towards me. In my honest opinion the only thing I have done wrong was not informing the leaders that I was leaving. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks.

tl;dr
Read it or don't post.
 Diabolos.Renavi
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-04-22 11:03:04
Link | Citer | R

I can see how some people could be mad but I can also see how fair it is. If you really did spend all your points on it and had near perfect attendance then you did nothing wrong. You deserved the item and put work into getting it. Some people do think it could be a bit unfair to just get what you want and then leave but you only needed that item and you said that these run times also interfered with your other shell's times. You did nothing wrong though and they should get over it. It's not like you Ninja-lotted it or anything.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-22 11:18:28
Link | Citer | R

I can see both points of the arguement as well..

Alot of ppl look at earning gear in 2 ways. Points and then the time frame after you earned.

First you earn "points" or however you ls does it, and then you spend you hard earned points on a peice of gear that you wanted. So the debt is paid your points for a peice of gear...right?

Not really..once you have the gear you wanted there is this unknown window of time that seems to happen, where you have keep earning it for it to be fully justified.

This happened to me on Ebody oddly enough..We killed Nidd I got body (Had to lot against 4 others) and for the next 4 months I was told I couldn't lot on anything else because I already got a big/rare item. If this is the case why have a point based system at all?

Imo I don't think you did anything wrong but then again it is semi shady to get what you want and then bail on the ppl that helped you get it..and I can totally see why the Einherjar ls member would have some issues with you. Not that you were wrong or right..you "technically" earned it but still a sellfish thing to do.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-22 11:21:53
Link | Citer | R

But seriously, you didn't do anything wrong BUT it does seem kinda assholeish to leave right after u get a certain piece of gear. Members from my old sky shell did that. X play gets X item. X player never shows up again. Sky shell quickly dies due to lack of members at runs.

See my point?
 Caitsith.Blurr
Serveur: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-22 11:29:43
Link | Citer | R

should of said from the very get go joining,

"oh btw and just so you know, after i get ebody, or whatever it is i want from win box's to feel finished with einherjar.. i will be finished with einherjar."
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 11:32:16
Link | Citer | R

As much of it is a bit 'eh' to leave immediately after getting a big item, unless you know the shell leaders well I don't see the problem with leaving if you don't need anything else.

Especially seeing as it effectively made it so you couldn't do things with your other shell.

They are childish for acting like that, it's not like it was a ninja lot.

The shell in question is kinda childish, a member kicking other members simply because he got outlotted on something for example.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 11:32:44
Link | Citer | R

You didn't break any rules or anything, but still a *** move in terms of character.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 11:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You didn't break any rules or anything, but still a *** move in terms of character.

You've claimed to do far worse though, Veg.

Well maybe not claimed, but condoned worse lol.
 Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-04-22 11:34:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:

But seriously, you didn't do anything wrong BUT it does seem kinda assholeish to leave right after u get a certain piece of gear. Members from my old sky shell did that. X play gets X item. X player never shows up again. Sky shell quickly dies due to lack of members at runs.

See my point?

I do see your point, and I did apologize to one of the leaders for not saying anything. But does this merit the whole linkshell acting like children towards me? e.g. I was camping an NM for my Trial Scythe and someone from the linkshell in question refused to add me to his party... I barely knew him, I had never spoken directly to him before. He just happened to be in said linkshell.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 11:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Sure, I have, which is why I said he didn't break any rules. I wouldn't be pissed at him for it, but I can see how others were.

Guess just comes from my personal case of after completing my full usu, i stayed w/ my salvage shell for a long time and I finished all my AF within a couple months, shadow mantle in 4, and stayed w/ both shells till the server merge. Prolly cause i had friends in both shells, but w/e.

Not something I'd personally do
[+]
 Asura.Atua
Serveur: Asura
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-04-22 11:36:40
Link | Citer | R

I agree with the other people, nothing is actually wrong but not surprised people have ill feelings.

To me, I consider the people that were there and will continue to go waiting forever to get that item that doesn't seem to drop. They helped you get your item, and although you earned it with points, I think people should continue to help for a while to get other's their items as well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-22 11:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Borealis said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

See my point?

I do see your point, and I did apologize to one of the leaders for not saying anything. But does this merit the whole linkshell acting like children towards me? e.g. I was camping an NM for my Trial Scythe and someone from the linkshell in question refused to add me to his party... I barely knew him, I had never spoken directly to him before. He just happened to be in said linkshell.

I honestly can't give an opinion on that b/c I would be absolutely pissed if you bailed after getting an item. A dyna LS that I was in, this guy got his blm hat. Outlotted me and 3 others. As soon as the hat dropped to him, he warped out and broke the shell. When I sent him a tell about it, he /blist me...few days later, we jumped servers.

So yea..I would be pissed at you too tbh
 Caitsith.Blurr
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-22 11:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

You've claimed to do far worse though, Veg.

Well maybe not claimed, but condoned worse lol.

not me. and i stand by my first comment. should of mentioned you were only in it for x y and z from the get go. maybe the shell would of had you still, maybe not ::shrugs::.

didnt do anything technically wrong.. but yeah, kind of wrong imo to not be upfront with those kind of intentions in ffxi.

edit: late response, and yeah. not much more you can do than apologize if you left and thats that. and its exactly like you say, people just acting childish grief/harassing you in /tells about it. blist or gm if it gets to that point needless to say
 Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-04-22 11:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Atua said:
I agree with the other people, nothing is actually wrong but not surprised people have ill feelings.

To me, I consider the people that were there and will continue to go waiting forever to get that item that doesn't seem to drop. They helped you get your item, and although you earned it with points, I think people should continue to help for a while to get other's their items as well.

I can understand 'ill feelings' but you have to remember; I got absolutely nothing the entire 3 months I was there before E. body. I watched as numerous people got plenty of drops including an E. body before me.

I don't dismiss the fact that it was bad to leave after getting my E. body, but I do think that unnecessary animosity from every member of the shell nearly a month after the event is uncalled for.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 11:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Oh well, now you know for next time. Don't leave RIGHT after you get something and ppl won't dislike you.
 Caitsith.Xine
user: Xine
By Caitsith.Xine 2010-04-22 12:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Oh well, now you know for next time. Don't leave RIGHT after you get something and ppl won't dislike you.

not always true, wait even a month after it happens or a few months and it's always going to be "oh s/he got what s/he wanted now s/he's leaving, GTFOYOUSUCK" as for his situation i know how it feels, although my situation was slightly different with a different piece of gear, however i have no problems tossing that piece of gear and getting it again with another linkshell or not having it all, not like its shown much use to me anyway but thats a different matter of its own.

my point here being people are going to be mad about something one way or another no matter what you try to do, the old saying being "you can never please everyone all the time" comes to mind here
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 12:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Yea but higher chance of the people being mad if it's like the next day lol, we both know this.
 Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-04-22 12:12:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Yea but higher chance of the people being mad if it's like the next day lol, we both know this.

It was two weeks after I got it I left, not instantly. Still bad I know.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-22 12:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Well, the fact that you made this thread tells me that you may have a smidgen of regret, which means you felt you may have done something wrong. Voila!

Caitsith.Xine
user: Xine
By Caitsith.Xine 2010-04-22 12:16:39
Link | Citer | R

As for me I left a month after I got my drop after waiting behind 2 ppl, and then having another person jump in front of me when they changed their lots. Personally had at least 99.9% attendance with my group and was with them for 2 years, took over certain jobs when my group was lacking and when it came time for me to leave due to problems within and around the said ls I was /t spammed with hate comments by about half the linkshell. I loved the group and had intentions of staying with them longer, however due to all the problems being made worse I figured it best to leave before I ended up quitting the game entirely over a stupid stressful event. Not trying to make you see from any specific point of view or anything, just stating that it happens all the time no matter the circumstance as much as we wish we could change it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-04-22 12:16:55
Link | Citer | R

I would think the best way to do it is to slowly phase out the event. Dropping it altogether immediately after is a bit tactless and of course it's going to draw attention. Yes, you've paid your due to obtain e. body, but your absence does (potentially, at least) hurt future runs.

They shouldn't expect you to stay around forever, but the polite thing to do would be to give the leaders some kind of notice that since you have everything you desire from Einherjar, and because it conflicted with other events with your main linkshell, that you will be leaving. This gives them ample opportunity to find a replacement for you.

When it boils down to it, you don't pay a monthly fee to spend time schedule Einherjar into your life for the benefit of others. That doesn't mean that you can't be a little more careful about not burning bridges.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-22 12:17:38
Link | Citer | R

If he would had said to the ls leaders "Hey Imma join this shell until I earn enough points to get Ebody and then I am never going to come back and help again because this world is all about me and I don't give a ***about you once I get my item."

Think they would have let him in? No they wouldn't have and he knew this and that's why he didn't say it from the start. he's not an idiot(not confirmed waiting on test results to come back) he knew exactly what he was doing and didn't say anything up front because they wouldn't have accepted him.

**Added extra sarcasm to prove my point**
 Asura.Thanquol
Serveur: Asura
user: Thanquol
By Asura.Thanquol 2010-04-22 12:19:58
Link | Citer | R

i personaly think you did nothing wrong but, like other posted stated, contacting a leader about your intentions after the drop would have been good. if he is a good leader, he would understand and make the members of the linkshell understand the situation after your drop and departure. i personaly wouldn't be mad with you, i would understand that you did earn your drop, having good attendance, collecting your points, and fairly bidding on the item when your turn comes.

should there be like some unwriting codes for something like this?

1. speak to your leader about your intentions after you have completed your wish list.

2. after you complete you wish list, should there be a "cool down" period where you still continue helping for a set period of time.

just some thoughts

Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-04-22 12:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Zorander said:
If he would had said to the ls leaders "Hey Imma join this shell until I earn enough points to get Ebody and then I am never going to come back and help again because this world is all about me and I don't give a ***about you once I get my item."

Think they would have let him in? No they wouldn't have and he knew this and that's why he didn't say it from the start. he's not an idiot(not confirmed waiting on test results to come back) he knew exactly what he was doing and didn't say anything up front because they wouldn't have accepted him.

**Added extra sarcasm to prove my point**

I actually did mention the only thing I needed/wanted was an E. body, though I didn't mention that I'd leave after getting it.

Either way, I appreciate the responses.
 Sylph.Vestal
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-04-22 12:23:02
Link | Citer | R

People will always be pissed sombody got An e body, weather you leave or not. If you really cared about the group that got it for you, you would have stayed because you got it, not left because you got it. And I'm pretty sure you already knew what the majority of the posters were going to say, so congrats on fishing for ebody congrats.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-22 12:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Borealis said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
If he would had said to the ls leaders "Hey Imma join this shell until I earn enough points to get Ebody and then I am never going to come back and help again because this world is all about me and I don't give a ***about you once I get my item." Think they would have let him in? No they wouldn't have and he knew this and that's why he didn't say it from the start. he's not an idiot(not confirmed waiting on test results to come back) he knew exactly what he was doing and didn't say anything up front because they wouldn't have accepted him. **Added extra sarcasm to prove my point**
I actually did mention the only thing I needed/wanted was an E. body, though I didn't mention that I'd leave after getting it. Either way, I appreciate the responses.
For the record I think you're fine with what you did.../cheers on Ebody Man but dealing with aftermath is just the cost of getting a good item.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 12:28:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Vestal said:
People will always be pissed sombody got An e body, weather you leave or not. If you really cared about the group that got it for you, you would have stayed because you got it, not left because you got it. And I'm pretty sure you already knew what the majority of the posters were going to say, so congrats on fishing for ebody congrats.

Reading comprehension much? He said he knew that there would be burned bridges, but to be as petty as to not let him join a trial NM shows how childish they were.
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-04-22 12:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Awww I totally thought you got of Nid
 Sylph.Vestal
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-04-22 12:49:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Vestal said:

Reading comprehension much? He said he knew that there would be burned bridges, but to be as petty as to not let him join a trial NM shows how childish they were.

He knew what he did was not against any rules but he knew he was being a douche. So now people are being douches back and he's pointing it out in a forum, cool. So I guess what my first post should have said was. Yo kid, you got an ebody off Odin, awesome! You left the group the day after? Your a ***!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 12:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Vestal said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Vestal said:

He knew what he did was not against any rules but he knew he was being a douche. So now people are being douches back and he's pointing it out in a forum, cool. So I guess what my first post should have said was. Yo kid, you got an ebody off Odin, awesome! You left the group the day after? Your a ***!

He left 2 weeks after.

And no, he was asking if the animosity was justified. You just decided to *** up the thread.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6