First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Disc
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-11-04 20:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Tbest said:
How does that make ANY sense whatsoever?

Fairy.Tbest said:
shell that needs Freya's Mask for Skadi

I don't think you're going to ever find a shell/group that is farming 2F rampart for just Skadi mask, that item is by far one of the most useless, if not the most useless pieces from Salvage.

Khaiden/Jorden's group can probably sell the Hikazu Sune-Ate to you for around ~4m, which is a decent price for the 35, but you will have to wait behind the other person in the group who still needs them. It's really not that bad actually, because once the first pair drop, you will know that you are 100% up for the next.

Fairy.Tbest said:
So, let's look at this... 2 pieces to make the sune-ate are rare at 15% and 25% drop rates. The 15% is what like a 1/4 chance the bee will spawn? And when it does spawn, it'll likely spawn 2... So, that's an average of 1 every other run. It'll take at minimum 3-4 runs for the 35 from Pedro. So, let's say 4 b/c really even though the "odds" are there from wiki, they're much more rare than that in reality. 4 runs each, and I'm the 4th person meaning 16 runs.
Let's say we do that zone and path once per week, that's 16 weeks.
Then let's look at the boss for the 25 piece. He drops it about 25% rate. And say we go for the boss 3x in 2 weeks. That's at minimum 3 weeks for 1 drop. Then, I'm the 4th in line so that's 12 weeks total.

^
Also, you should disregard all of the "calculations" you made for acquiring the drops for this. There is no calculation to Salvage, it is completely random in terms of 35s and even 25s as well. You could come on about 30+ bhaflau runs and never see any bees, or you could come on about 30+ bhaflau runs, see over 50+ bees, and see no hikazu at all either. OR you could come to your first run and we could see around 6 or 7 bees with 3 hikazu sune-ates dropping. It's not possible to calculate this kind of thing, after about hundreds of runs into those zones, and looking at other group's luck on other servers, it's safe to say that Salvage is completely random in terms of drops. I have gotten someone Usukane Sune-Ate in 3 days time (Zhayolm for the 15, then the next day SSR dropped the 25, and then the day after that Bhaflau spawned 5-6 bees, one of which dropped the 35.)

Also, you should really consider getting together with some friends and making a small group of your own, even if its just to do Bhaflau. When you have a good group of people who know what they are doing, Salvage becomes one of the most fun activities you can do in this game.
[+]
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-11-04 21:04:30
Link | Citer | R

You should look at Andrinne's advice on this too... he makes sense. It's not going to be easy to find a shell to sell you these fast.

Fairy.Andrinne said:
Sorry I guess I didn't make it clear, what I was saying is, here is a reason you may find it very hard to get what you want, Tbest. That reason is, many shells... once they run out of people to give boots to, have no reason to farm bees. And I really doubt any group is going to farm over and over NMs they don't need unless you make it REALLY worht their while. Your best bet, in my mind, is like Khaiden said, find a shell that needs to hand boots to one other person, then you get a second pair that drops. Sorry I was just trying to point you in a direction that may actually get what you want.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-05 09:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Andrinne said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
How does that make ANY sense whatsoever? That's the same as having a shell do runs for just the boots. They're going to need to do that path to get the boots for me AFTER they get the boots for the previous person. It would make more sense to join a shell that needs Freya's Mask for Skadi than join a shell that has one person who needs Hikazu Sune-Ate since they would be killing the mob for Freya's and Hikazu would go free-lot.

Oh god dude you are so dumb. No shell is farming for skadi mask and letting usu boots drop to the ground. That's like saying you want to hook up with a shell that kills ks99 wyrm for the Int potions and if the shell is going to rot a speedbelt you can pick it up for 800k. In my original post way back I made this point to you, we equipped our entire shell with stupid Skadi masks just farming for 3 pairs of Usu boots.

Jesus I wish some people would do some thinking about what actually drops from mobs, the popularity or desirability of those pieces, ponder how shells actually farm, and what is a reasonable price to pay a group to merc something.

But you know why not just throw up a random post on FFXIAH without even pondering about the reality of what you are asking for and then arguing with everyone who offers you a reasonable way to get them.
'Reasonable' is a relative term. If I don't find what you're "offering" (which you're not even offering anything, you're just telling me my way of going about it is wrong), THEN STOP TALKING. You are bringing NOTHING productive to this thread.

Disc, does anything I've said in this thread actually make you believe I care about what you say? Seriously? Like I've said numerous times before... If you're not looking to sell the drops at a reasonable price, GTFO. And yes, as I stated in the post you quoted... The 'odds' are from wiki's rates on them, and
Tbest said:
...they're much more rare than that in reality...

No, I'm not paying 4 mil for someone to get to the 2nd floor and kill bees. Are you out of your mind?

Now then... You can stop posting. Is there anyone that actually has something USEFUL and can READ my OP?
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
like i stated earlier, i'd be happy to setup/run a smaller static for usu 35 rampart. its incredibly easy. i only need 4 people to do usu rampart static, rdm,DD,DD,TH4 if 5th BRD. spamming 1zone 2x a week seems fairly decent to me. and if people stayed i would even be willing to do 15 runs after everyone gets their 35. contact me ingame or on here, once i get enough people i'll make a schedule that everyone can make. If anyone needs/wants usu 35's hit me up.
o/
Yeah, I need to contact ya. I've been afk'ing a lot in the evenings. I'll be on tonight for Dyna and awhile after though w/o "too" much afk'ing.
 Fairy.Andrinne
user: Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2009-11-05 10:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Yes I am apparently bringing nothing productive to this thread because I am trying to explain how salvage farming works to an idiot with no clue about the actual event he wants to buy gear from and therefore this entire thread is unproductive because you don't understand what you seek doesn't exist.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-05 10:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Just let it go, if a salvage group is willing to take his offer, it is up to them.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-05 10:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Just let it go, if a salvage group is willing to take his offer, it is up to them.
Exactly. If no one wants to do it, no one will. But, like I've said before... I don't want your "advice" and I don't care if your shell no longer farms those specific mobs. I'm well aware of how Salvage farming works and how greedy most shells are. So, as I've said MANY times before... If you don't have anything productive to add like offering to sell me the drops, GTFO.
 Fairy.Buttermilk
user: mozart
By Fairy.Buttermilk 2009-11-05 11:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Boobs.

I brought something relatively productive to the thread. NOW WHAT NUKKA?!

Edit: What's it with you telling everyone to GTFO? :| They aren't saying you are wrong in anyway, they are just giving their insight on the matter. And both of these groups are exceptionally good.
 Ifrit.Phlow
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2009-11-05 13:16:26
Link | Citer | R

HAI GUIZ

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

Nah. I think I'll keep posting cause OP gets so butthurt when people post in HIS thread.

Hey, Vegg, what's going on?
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-05 13:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Why do we have to fight, on the *** internet.
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-11-05 18:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

No; there's nothing to let go, please pay attention to the thread before you start trying to moderate. nobody is attacking him, we are just giving advice.

And to Tbest,
Contact Khaiden or Jorden if you want to buy them.

3m-4m is a reasonable price, anything below that is just lowballing.
The reason why it is so expensive is because you aren't just paying one person to do it. This is a team effort.

Fairy.Tbest said:

No, I'm not paying 4 mil for someone to get to the 2nd floor and kill bees. Are you out of your mind?

It's not -someone-, it's actually usually around 6 - 7 people.
3,000,000 split among 6 is 500k. You are paying everyone 500k for getting these for you. 7 people makes it even lower.

If you were paying everyone 4m, then yes, it would be overpriced, but you aren't.

It's not easy for people to go out of their way in Salvage just to get something for a third party. If you disagree, try getting together a group of people yourself to help you with this. It is not that easy.
 Fenrir.Takien
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-11-06 03:52:04
Link | Citer | R

There it is your "resonable offer" 4mil for the 35, I bet you should be able to get the 25 for about a mil. That leaves the 15 which is gonna burn an entire run. Now let's see if you were just wasting everone's time and take this offer.
 Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: 1279561
By Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex 2009-11-06 04:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Disc said:

3,000,000 split among 6 is 500k. You are paying everyone 500k for getting these for you. 7 people makes it even lower.

If you were paying everyone 4m, then yes, it would be overpriced, but you aren't.

It's not easy for people to go out of their way in Salvage just to get something for a third party. If you disagree, try getting together a group of people yourself to help you with this. It is not that easy.

Why not just pay each person like 100K then? I kinda doubt that these ppl are splitting that ***up evenly. Someone is getting *** out of that deal. They may be telling ppl, hey we're only getting 2mil for this run so we each get 250Kish, and then that mofo pockets the rest. Sorry, I think like a hustler bc thats what I do iRL, its like I say, "if you're sitting at a poker table and don't see a sucker...you're it."

I would never pay 6-7 ppl 500K each, in fact i'd see how many I could find on my own then do a shout for individs looking to help for about 100-200K, rather than being suckered by some group. but what do I know? i've only been playing this game for a few weeks...meh.
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-11-06 04:10:23
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex said:

I kinda doubt that these ppl are splitting that ***up evenly. Someone is getting *** out of that deal. They may be telling ppl, hey we're only getting 2mil for this run so we each get 250Kish, and then that mofo pockets the rest. Sorry, I think like a hustler bc thats what I do iRL, its like I say, "if you're sitting at a poker table and don't see a sucker...you're it."

Um... salvage groups are usually made up of people who are friends. (duh?) Especially moreso that there is only 6 or so people in a group, people are closer to each other then a conventional endgame shell which is bigger.

You are thinking about this totally wrong.

Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex said:
i've only been playing this game for a few weeks...meh.

I don't think this is a thread for you. =x
[+]
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-11-06 04:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Takien said:
There it is your "resonable offer" 4mil for the 35, I bet you should be able to get the 25 for about a mil. That leaves the 15 which is gonna burn an entire run. Now let's see if you were just wasting everone's time and take this offer.

The 25 is usually priced around 1m to 2m. This is because it's a bit more convenient to do and the boss is usually on the list of things to-do for groups that aren't totally capped on 25s.

The 15 actually requires some degree of skill, focus, and coordination in order to do correctly, especially if you want to do a full run (5F+6F Frogs and Battleclad in addition to the 4F frog). It's still a 15 though so it would probably be the cheapest, but be aware when you are dealing with this so you don't lowball.
 Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: 1279561
By Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex 2009-11-06 04:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Disc said:

I don't think this is a thread for you. =x

I don't think this is a thread for YOU! quit trying to justify ripping ppl off for *** sake. 4 Mil is not worth it...at all....ever.
I'm sure you can find ppl that are familiar w/ this run who aren't greedy that are willing to help for a little bit of gil for their time. You dont need some "close knit gang" thats gonna bend you over and rape you to get this ***done. Even I know that, and I don't even know what ya'll are talking about...salvage? wtf is that ***?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-06 09:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Disc said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

No; there's nothing to let go, please pay attention to the thread before you start trying to moderate. nobody is attacking him, we are just giving advice.

And to Tbest,
Contact Khaiden or Jorden if you want to buy them.

3m-4m is a reasonable price, anything below that is just lowballing.
The reason why it is so expensive is because you aren't just paying one person to do it. This is a team effort.

Fairy.Tbest said:

lol... Hilarious. You say 3-4 mil+ for the drop and that I should contact the leaders of GoldSalvage. You know... I would... If I wanted to pay that. Like I said before... I'm not paying that much for people to get to the second floor to kill bees. This thread has a very clear purpose and I'll even re-quote it for you.

Tbest said:
Post here or contact me in-game sometime if your shell is interested in selling.
I want to buy them and I'm looking for people to sell them. If you want to sell them, you post here with a price. If I don't like that price, TOO DAMN BAD. Yet you continue to what...? Try to convince me to buy them for that price by telling me I don't know what I'm talking about? That's a great sales pitch there.

You continue to say the same things over and over... News flash for ya... I'm not buying them at that price! Get over it.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-06 09:55:42
Link | Citer | R

"If I don't like that price, TOO DAMN BAD."

Lol, too bad for you that is. You're gonna be here till XIV launches w/o usu shoes trying to get them for as low as you're trying to get them for.

Edit: veg btw. I'm at ghal's house lol he sleepin
[+]
 Fenrir.Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-11-06 13:49:42
Link | Citer | R

"ol... Hilarious. You say 3-4 mil+ for the drop and that I should contact the leaders of GoldSalvage. You know... I would... If I wanted to pay that. Like I said before... I'm not paying that much for people to get to the second floor to kill bees. This thread has a very clear purpose and I'll even re-quote it for you." Tbest

Tbest...I dont think you really know what your asking here. It's not just one run of bees. Most shells stop at the rampart you want and kill it till 30-40% or so, because (news flash) salvage is a timed event. This group if doing it for money are willing to organize a run around you prolly killing bees till rampart dead then moving onto boss. You keep saying you know how salvage works, but it's becoming more obvious that you don't. You are paying for a multi run contract to get you a very rare drop.

If you wana do this cheap you need to find a way through pickups or friend runs to get the 35, and then pay for the 25 and 15 piece. Maybe you will get lucky but no shell is gonna do a 35 piece from a fing gay *** rampart for 800k. This piece haunts veteran players(that get a hard on just to see a bee pop), 3mil is a steal for you to log out at begining of run and wait for the /tell to log in and lot.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-06 13:58:13
Link | Citer | R

And yet people still fail to realize this is NOT a thread asking for your OPINION. This thread was simply created to give people that want to sell the drops a place to post if they feel so inclined.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 14:12:12
Link | Citer | R

"This thread was simply created to give people that want to sell the drops a place to post if they feel so inclined."
K I wanna sell for 5m

"this is NOT a thread asking for your OPINION."

btw, this is a public forum. If you don't want people posting their opinions, I think we can all agree you're certainly not in the best place for that.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-06 14:13:50
Link | Citer | R

I realize people will ignore the point of the thread and go off-topic, just like people never read instructions and then can't figure out how they *** up.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-11-06 14:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Tbest any offers yet? whats your price range?

I wouldn't count the static offer cause you'll be in salvage for months straight trying to get everyone those feet.
 Fenrir.Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-11-06 14:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Well I dont know about you but I come to these threads to learn from people that may know more then me on a certain subject. For all other deals and such I use PM, and I know I am not the only one. Salvage can be a very enjoyable event, or it can be hilghly annoying if you get concerned with drops.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-06 14:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Takien said:
Well I dont know about you but I come to these threads to learn from people that may know more then me on a certain subject. For all other deals and such I use PM, and I know I am not the only one. Salvage can be a very enjoyable event, or it can be hilghly annoying if you get concerned with drops.
Obviously, you do. Like I said, a lot of people disregard the OP and choose to spout whatever opinion they have whether it is the least bit relevant or not. If I wanted your opinion on what I should do, I would have asked for it. :P

Sure, Salvage CAN be fun. But, I don't feel like doing it just for the fun of it. If I 'did' feel like it, I'd join a Salvage shell.
Bahamut.Pjohn said:
Tbest any offers yet? whats your price range?

I wouldn't count the static offer cause you'll be in salvage for months straight trying to get everyone those feet.

Yeah, a few offers so far. I'm still in the "shopping around" and doing random side runs phase. Not like I'm losing any sleep over getting them or in the OMG I NEED THESE TODAY mindset.
So far, I'm looking at around: (ballpark figures)
~500k for 15's,
~500k-1 mil for 25's,
~1-1.5m for the 35's.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 15:06:33
Link | Citer | R

I can get you the 15 for 500k, but you'd actually have to participate in the run and be a productive member.
 Fenrir.Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-11-06 15:29:12
Link | Citer | R

rock on
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-07 03:04:46