Link | Citer | R

You're welcome. :P
 Fairy.Disc
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-11-03 11:16:35
Link | Citer | R

1.5m for Hikazu Sune-Ate is way too cheap.
3m-4m is a good price.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-03 11:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Does that mean you're interested in helping? No one is throwing out numbers.
By Khaiden 2009-11-03 12:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Our group only needs one more pair.. if you feel lucky enough and want to join us in case two pairs drop. We do run late.. 1am EST so that might not work for you.

Send me or Jorden a PM if you are interested.
 Fairy.Disc
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-11-03 12:28:43
Link | Citer | R

I was responing to you here:
Fairy.Deliverance said:
I think I can swing almost 1.5m for usu boots, depending on what everyone expects, you don't seem satisfied with 1.5m Veg... what would you be expecting as far as that goes.

Contact Jorden or Khaiden on Fairy, she might be able to help you arrange to buy a pair.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-03 12:42:35
Link | Citer | R

lols..
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-03 13:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Ahh I meant if he was asking for 800k-1.5m I'd gladly give the highest amount he asked for. I wasn't limiting it to 1.5m

I'll contact them both in game, but most likely Tbest will be going
 Fairy.Andrinne
user: Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2009-11-03 17:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Fairy.Andrinne said:
Wow 10 whole runs and they weren't catering to you? What were they thinking??? Yes of course, farm for what the 10-run newbie wants and not the senior member with a 35. I would've kicked your *** out.
You do assaults together? I did say more than 10, guess you cant read... It wasn't points based either. Oh right let the new members be your slaves and when you get what you want break ls, seems very fair. Don't accept new members if you are just going to *** them over.

No we don't do assaults together, they are big boys and can get them done.

So more than 10 now means 50? Likely it means 12, and my answer remains the same.

My 2 separate salvage groups go a total 4 times a week. Neither are points based, but you do have to do your time before we are giving you anything precious. Newbies need to learn the point of being dedicated to a group rather than this gimme, gimme right now mentality. In one of my groups (the newest one, which has been running twice per week for 1 year), we have about 45 35 pieces split between 7 people. If you stick with it, you are rewarded very well.

To the OP and Deliverance, your best bet is probably doing something like what Khaiden mentioned -- going with a group that needs 1 drop and you get the second. The problem overall with your wish is that like my 2 groups, we don't need the Usu boots and we got far more skadi heads than we would ever want while farming those boots. So there is no reason for us to see another bee. Our time is better spent obtaining the gear our members want.

Just food for thought.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
Serveur: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-11-04 01:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Andrinne said:
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Fairy.Andrinne said:
Wow 10 whole runs and they weren't catering to you? What were they thinking??? Yes of course, farm for what the 10-run newbie wants and not the senior member with a 35. I would've kicked your *** out.
You do assaults together? I did say more than 10, guess you cant read... It wasn't points based either. Oh right let the new members be your slaves and when you get what you want break ls, seems very fair. Don't accept new members if you are just going to *** them over.

No we don't do assaults together, they are big boys and can get them done.

So more than 10 now means 50? Likely it means 12, and my answer remains the same.

My 2 separate salvage groups go a total 4 times a week. Neither are points based, but you do have to do your time before we are giving you anything precious. Newbies need to learn the point of being dedicated to a group rather than this gimme, gimme right now mentality. In one of my groups (the newest one, which has been running twice per week for 1 year), we have about 45 35 pieces split between 7 people. If you stick with it, you are rewarded very well.

To the OP and Deliverance, your best bet is probably doing something like what Khaiden mentioned -- going with a group that needs 1 drop and you get the second. The problem overall with your wish is that like my 2 groups, we don't need the Usu boots and we got far more skadi heads than we would ever want while farming those boots. So there is no reason for us to see another bee. Our time is better spent obtaining the gear our members want.

Just food for thought.

More like 16, and the link shell was very unstable. They needed new members to keep it going... Exactly what I feared happened. Eventually it broke apart, some of the members quit the game all together others hoped servers.

You didnt read the rest of what I wrote. The rules were if you had something declared as number one, you lot against someone else who has it as number one. If none of the people had declared something as number one then the people that got to lot were the people that declared it as a number two.

You could only pick two as your choice, ares, usu or skadi, morgan, etc any combination of two. This is what I was told when I joined. The fact of the matter the ldr didnt follow through the rules we had.

I and this other guy both had usu declared as a second choice. The people that had usu declared as a first choice already had usu feet. According to the rules set by that link shell I and that other guy would lot against each other. That wasn't the case at all. I was told to pass them.

So I should keep coming and put my time in if the link shell doesnt follow the rules that it set up? I think not.

I didnt want them to cated to me like you mentioned. I suggested to the ldr to farm once a week what the new members didnt have, not just myself. Of course I was ignored and the new members got screwed.

Also I did sea/sky with them. Guess what I got absolutely nothing from doing sea/sky with them the whole three months I have been in that ls. Once again they only farmed what they didnt have from sea/sky. I kept coming every day.

I even asked how come we never farm Jailer of Fort trigs, cause all the people that wanted it had it. They weren't concerned what everyone else needed/wanted but themselves.

If I knew this information about that link shell, I would have never joined them. It was just a waste of time for me, and many others...
[+]
 Fairy.Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2009-11-04 02:32:58
Link | Citer | R

To me, it doesn't matter what the rules were honestly when you joined the linkshell, you were actually arguing that you should take a 25 over a guy who had a 35 item. That's ridiculous. And I don't care if their system would have technically let you do it.

Not only that, but how selfish of you. In salvage you have NOTHING if you don't have the 35. You can play with your 25s and 15s all you want but until you get the 35 you are no closer to completing an item.

Fenrir.Dascorp said:
I suggested to the ldr to farm once a week what the new members didnt have, not just myself. Of course I was ignored and the new members got screwed.

It's also extremely difficult to believe that in 16 runs the leaders managed to avoid every single zone in which a new member wanted gear. That's a pretty huge accomplishment for that leader, since there are only 4 zones >.>
 Seraph.Sinder
Serveur: Seraph
user: Sinder44
By Seraph.Sinder 2009-11-04 04:06:17
Link | Citer | R

oh man I'm in same boat except I have very limited play time lately and feet just don't exist in my salvage group.... anyhow if anyone is selling im willing to pay just contact me PM or w/e and we can discuss price.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-04 09:43:09
Link | Citer | R

O.o If you want to buy them on Seraph... MAKE A THREAD. FFS... What's with people thinking "Ooh, that person made a thread to buy them... I'll just post in there because it's soooo much trouble to make another thread." GTFO.

Also... Andrinne, if your shell doesn't want to sell them, don't post. Seriously, I couldn't care less about your shell, the drops you get, or if you'll ever take that path again.
[+]
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-04 09:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for posting on your thread Tbest :(.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-04 09:55:56
Link | Citer | R

lol, you're fine Deliv. You're at least on Fairy. :P
 Fairy.Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2009-11-04 10:16:54
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Tbest said:
O.o If you want to buy them on Seraph... MAKE A THREAD. FFS... What's with people thinking "Ooh, that person made a thread to buy them... I'll just post in there because it's soooo much trouble to make another thread." GTFO. Also... Andrinne, if your shell doesn't want to sell them, don't post. Seriously, I couldn't care less about your shell, the drops you get, or if you'll ever take that path again.

Sorry I guess I didn't make it clear, what I was saying is, here is a reason you may find it very hard to get what you want, Tbest.

That reason is, many shells... once they run out of people to give boots to, have no reason to farm bees. And I really doubt any group is going to farm over and over NMs they don't need unless you make it REALLY worht their while. Your best bet, in my mind, is like Khaiden said, find a shell that needs to hand boots to one other person, then you get a second pair that drops.

Sorry I was just trying to point you in a direction that may actually get what you want.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 10:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Just because a ls finishes farming bees for other ppl, doesn't mean they can't for a person to buy the feet. That's what selling is for.

If the ls wants to make gil, they will farm the bees for him to get the feet and ls get the gil.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-04 10:23:24
Link | Citer | R

How time consuming is said bee farming to make it not worthwhile to sell a pair of boots for 3-4 mil?
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 10:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Just because a ls finishes farming bees for other ppl, doesn't mean they can't for a person to buy the feet. That's what selling is for.

If the ls wants to make gil, they will farm the bees for him to get the feet and ls get the gil.

Just because they can though doesn't really make it worth it. Now if they plan to do boss or another NM and can do Bees otw(w/o jeopardizing the goal of the run), that's one thing, but going out of the way, to get 3-5m that's going to be split 5+ ways and not doing nms the LS needs because of it, is definitely not going to be worth their time.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 10:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Deliverance said:
How time consuming is said bee farming to make it not worthwhile to sell a pair of boots for 3-4 mil?

Depends on how many ways that 3-4m is going to be split, and what you have to sacrifice being able to do to replace that w/ bees.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-04 10:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Alright, that makes sense. So, pretty much depends on how quickly the bees can be killed/the NM pops/if the drop occurs soon ... (Randomness). And if there is more than 4-5 people the gil is being split against. So to make this worthwhile to any salvage shell that has no need of farming boots, the incentive would almost have to be 1.5m-2m per person, right?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 10:48:27
Link | Citer | R

No, clue, all dependent on the shell. Was just my personal view on it. Also, how quickly the bees can be killed has 0 to do w/ it. The rampart pops them at the same pace every time. So every time full farming the rampart will take up pretty much the exact same amount of time, NM or not.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-04 10:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Oh I know it was your opinion, but I'd figure I'd ask since you have gone through it. What would make you satisfied with ... to actually make the effort to merc the items for Usu boots. What would make you do it, or is it just far too random of a situation to put numbers, or math into.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 10:51:31
Link | Citer | R

I personally wouldn't ever merc it as a group. The only way that I would do it would be my own style, where I was getting full profit (like building the pick up group myself). As a group though, it's probably something I would never even consider, unless the bees were already going to be fought (for example if we needed skadi mask)
 Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-11-04 10:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Deliverance said:

can you reword that? its confusing lol.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-04 10:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Well I don't know if other salvage ls's do this but when we had our salvage group, there was enough to make 2 separate runs. 1 farming run and 1 boss run. I would guess if there is a shell like that on fairy, they may take the offer for the boots.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-04 10:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Xellith, sorry my reading level is a bit high.

It meant...

How long does it take to kill bees in Salvage.
That would make it not worth 3-4m gil.

Is that easier?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 10:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Well I don't know if other salvage ls's do this but when we had our salvage group, there was enough to make 2 separate runs. 1 farming run and 1 boss run. I would guess if there is a shell like that on fairy, they may take the offer for the boots.

Yea i know about split runs, but let's say they're doing a bhaf farming run. Need ares hands and marduk legs. There's not enough time to full farm 3 ramparts. The farming group isn't going to give up what they need in a small chance to make a little bit of money, that is going to have to be split many ways.

It's more likely if its in the way rather than out of the way.

Not saying its impossible to find a shell like that, but I am saying its more likely than not to be improbable.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-11-04 11:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I believe this is going to be a hard find. Maybe Ghaleon's static group would be best. But, it would just be nice to find a farming shell.

I've seen some pretty high prices on certain Salvage 35s. I may actually consider paying per person.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-04 11:00:59
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Andrinne said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
O.o If you want to buy them on Seraph... MAKE A THREAD. FFS... What's with people thinking "Ooh, that person made a thread to buy them... I'll just post in there because it's soooo much trouble to make another thread." GTFO. Also... Andrinne, if your shell doesn't want to sell them, don't post. Seriously, I couldn't care less about your shell, the drops you get, or if you'll ever take that path again.

Sorry I guess I didn't make it clear, what I was saying is, here is a reason you may find it very hard to get what you want, Tbest.

That reason is, many shells... once they run out of people to give boots to, have no reason to farm bees. And I really doubt any group is going to farm over and over NMs they don't need unless you make it REALLY worht their while. Your best bet, in my mind, is like Khaiden said, find a shell that needs to hand boots to one other person, then you get a second pair that drops.

Sorry I was just trying to point you in a direction that may actually get what you want.
Like I said... If your LS doesn't wish to sell them, that's fine. I really don't care if your shell sells them or not. If you're interested in selling them, I'd be more than happy to talk with you about it further. You talk about making something 'worth their while' and you're doing the exact opposite in this thread. No, I don't want to join a Salvage shell for 1 drop. Get over it.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 11:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Deliverance said:
Yeah I believe this is going to be a hard find. Maybe Ghaleon's static group would be best. But, it would just be nice to find a farming shell.

I've seen some pretty high prices on certain Salvage 35s. I may actually consider paying per person.

Well like I said, if it's worth it to me, I can make pick up groups from scratch and then it would only be 1 person. I just personally find that to be a lot more work and not worth small amounts, lol