What Do You Want To See In FFXI?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do you want to see in FFXI?
What do you want to see in FFXI?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-12-24 05:08:00
Link | Citer | R

billnes said: »
Since its release, the game has had several expansions. The game now has exponentially more content then it had in 2002. Regardless of the fact that the game’s data flow rate of 3Kb/s has not changed, the game will perform with less lag-behind and far fewer disconnects from the data center, (usually error code POL-2059) if players can use a reliable broadband connection of at least 100 Megabits per second (Mbps)…

Can you explain more on this please? I'd like to understand how the game will perform with the less lag and fewer disconnects when behind a broadband connection, if the source remains limited to 3Kb/s.

billnes said: »
Currently, there is no practical way to bypass the 3Kb/s limit. Doing so would involve deconstructing and rebuilding the client and server network stacks. Doing both would be multi-million dollar-wasting tasks of gargantuan proportions.

Disappointing, but there are some alternative measures which can be taken, Thorny mentioned plenty of them in multiple posts in this link https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55065/july-2020-version-update/10/ there is no doubt these are improvements I would like to see done in the game. Perhaps with the upcoming storage expansions in March? I can only hope.
By MajesticMedia 2021-12-24 05:23:17
Link | Citer | R

FFXI needs to re-introduce large scale events that don’t depend on having best in slot gear, mastered level or the absolute correct jobs to complete the event. Old school dynamis did this right. Make the events fun, players would return, especially if the gear acquired by-passes the 5 year upgrades currently required to play.

PS - why not check out my Trailer for FFXI based feature movie coming out in March 2022
YouTube Video Placeholder

https://www.youtube.com/c/majesticmediaMM
https://twitter.com/MajesticMediaMM
@MajesticMediaMM
https://www.majestic-linkshell.com/movies.php
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
Serveur: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-12-24 10:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Real players and some devs who give a s-hit.
[+]
By billnes 2021-12-25 08:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Can you explain more on this please? I'd like to understand how the game will perform with the less lag and fewer disconnects when behind a broadband connection, if the source remains limited to 3Kb/s.

My original text is an excerpt form another document I have authored. The research data I used really didn't go into too much detail. I guess I should dig a bit deeper. The only issue is that my original text is already 33~34 pages long and that's already too much.

Just off the top of my head: The coaxial and fiber optic lines that carry high-speed internet should be thicker and have more insulation than the wiring that carries POTS signals... As I said in my original text: Rain water eventually does penetrate the POTS wiring hanging off the telephone lines. Another thing I was told about from a Verizon worker about POTS lines: A squirrel's front teeth are constantly growing so they nibble and gnaw on overhead wiring to keep their teeth short. I don't know where you live, but I know here on New York's Long Island, Optimum/Cablevision hires a company (subcontractor?) called Hugh O'Kane. I've seen teams from that company installing wiring on both overhead poles and installing it underground. It just seems safe to assume that cable installed in underground conduits are better protected from the elements than wires that are hanging off of poles, out in the opened atmosphere.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Serveur: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2021-12-25 12:38:21
Link | Citer | R

I’d like to see a way to transfer characters to another account. My brother and I started playing this game when we were very young on the same account from the NA launch. I was 13 and he was 8. When we got older and got into end game stuff we had to rotate our schedules for events all the time in the 75 era.

We’ve since made other accounts, but we still use our old characters. It’s not hard to get a character up to end game level these days, but it’s not the same. We’ve always had hope SE would one day make it possible. Maybe before the servers shut down. I’d just like to get a screen shot together on our old characters!
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-12-26 14:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Updated to pointless JAs.

Like for SCH, update Modus Veritas, so that not only will it double to the power of a Helix, but also allow it to double the power of a Regen spell. Keep it single target, but and still decrease the duration. But allow the merits to also impact it, so that its duration can be made longer through merits. Also, for the Modus Veritas JP category, update it so that it increases the Regen power by 3 for each increase, for 30 total.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-26 19:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
pointless JAs

Tenuto is pretty awful as well.
 Asura.Biglovin
Serveur: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-12-26 20:39:16
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
pointless JAs

Tenuto is pretty awful as well.

Mijin takes the cake. Right ahead of Enmity Douse.
By missdivine 2021-12-26 20:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Is that hard to implement a cutscene skip? looks like the spaghetti ps2 code is way more problematic than I imagine. Most of the suggestions mentioned in this thread are long overdue but it will never happen since they already stated they got nobody or the budget to do this. They prob wouldn't bother since the player base is so low and full of bots/multi-accounts in 1 single IP.

But it's worse than that since they already have a lot of abandoned content such as ballista, Brenner, eco-warrior, adventuring fellow, beastman seal/ksnm battle content.

It's kinda weird they haven't implemented a cash shop race change service since you can already do that with windower very easily.
By RadialArcana 2021-12-26 22:43:31
Link | Citer | R

Do people read the interviews they are putting on the website over the last few months?

They stated that they were considering upgrading FFXI and bringing out a proper ps3 version and fix all the foundational code problems, but that it would of cost so much they decided to just make ff14 and put all modernization into that.

They decided to keep xi running for the legacy players and not modernize it, since they run it for the players it has and not to attract modern players.

If you don't like ff14, why would you think modernization of ff11 would of been any better? Be happy they are not modernizing it, too many of you only consider the positives of that but the reality is there would of been a ton of negatives and most likely total ruination of the game.

These companies don't modernize games how you want it, they modernize it how they want.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-12-27 00:43:49
Link | Citer | R

I want something like @mlvl 20 - new unique job traits. @mlvl 30 - new WS or spell. @mlvl 50 new 1hr. Make mlvls more than a passive attribute increase.
By SimonSes 2021-12-27 03:22:24
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Do people read the interviews they are putting on the website over the last few months?

They stated that they were considering upgrading FFXI and bringing out a proper ps3 version and fix all the foundational code problems, but that it would of cost so much they decided to just make ff14 and put all modernization into that.

They decided to keep xi running for the legacy players and not modernize it, since they run it for the players it has and not to attract modern players.

If you don't like ff14, why would you think modernization of ff11 would of been any better? Be happy they are not modernizing it, too many of you only consider the positives of that but the reality is there would of been a ton of negatives and most likely total ruination of the game.

These companies don't modernize games how you want it, they modernize it how they want.

AMEN.

EDIT: The only thing that I would want is adding server to at least US, but ideally one to EU too. That would be amazing.
 Sylph.Ketsui
Serveur: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-12-27 05:58:01
Link | Citer | R

If there have been interviews in the past few months they've hidden them well. Where can I find this?
By RadialArcana 2021-12-27 06:06:24
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Matsui

For FFXI, it was already decided it would be succeeded by FINAL FANTASY XIV (FFXIV), so a PS3 version of FFXI was not considered.

Even if we’d decided to make a port of the game, overhauling the graphics and other aspects would result in a development cost similar to creating a completely new title. Either way, we would’ve preferred to make a proper PS3 version rather than a half-hearted effort, but at the time, that position was given to FFXIV.

So instead of trying to keep up with the latest trends and modern advancements, we passed on that role to FFXIV and adopted our current focus of staying in service as long as we can for players who are still enjoying FFXI.

https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/post/?id=181
 Sylph.Ketsui
Serveur: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-12-27 06:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Thank you. How many official websites about FFXI do they have now? 5?
By billnes 2021-12-27 06:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Matsui

For FFXI, it was already decided it would be succeeded by FINAL FANTASY XIV (FFXIV), so a PS3 version of FFXI was not considered.

Even if we’d decided to make a port of the game, overhauling the graphics and other aspects would result in a development cost similar to creating a completely new title. Either way, we would’ve preferred to make a proper PS3 version rather than a half-hearted effort, but at the time, that position was given to FFXIV.

So instead of trying to keep up with the latest trends and modern advancements, we passed on that role to FFXIV and adopted our current focus of staying in service as long as we can for players who are still enjoying FFXI.

I wouldn't want an update in the game's visuals. I like the fact that the game can run more than adequately on an inexpensive, (pop-up toaster) office-grade PC. Dell Optiplex has always been a winner for me. Microsoft has a program that they call "MRR". A local computer store in my area gets desktops and laptops by the pallet-full. He cleans them up, upgrades the RAM and video, puts on Win10 with a MS-blessed multi-install key and sells them at very reasonable prices. Every machine I've bought from him has been fantastic. I refuse to spend US $2k ~ 3k for a desktop.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-12-27 14:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Diaga II for WHM
 Bahamut.Aquatic
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2021-12-27 14:35:03
Link | Citer | R

More leniency towards Great Sword on DRK... REMA/SU5 etc etc...
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-12-27 14:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Just make Naegling PUP Only
[+]
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2021-12-27 16:39:50
Link | Citer | R

Hell yes!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2021-12-27 16:44:46
Link | Citer | R

That's what's up, hope someone at SE is watching this thread
[+]
By Draylo 2021-12-27 17:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Matsui

Lol so exactly what i said was true. Now we can keep blaming 14 for the state XI had been in
By Shichishito 2021-12-28 06:28:20
Link | Citer | R

wouldn't it be awesome if the game wouldn't timeout within at the first confirmation box poping up after fullscreen just cause you got side tracked for a moment?
By Felgarr 2021-12-28 06:50:28
Link | Citer | R

MajesticMedia said: »
FFXI needs to re-introduce large scale events that don’t depend on having best in slot gear, mastered level or the absolute correct jobs to complete the event. Old school dynamis did this right. Make the events fun, players would return, especially if the gear acquired by-passes the 5 year upgrades currently required to play.

PS - why not check out my Trailer for FFXI based feature movie coming out in March 2022
YouTube Video Placeholder

https://www.youtube.com/c/majesticmediaMM
https://twitter.com/MajesticMediaMM
@MajesticMediaMM
https://www.majestic-linkshell.com/movies.php

What do you want? I-level Orichalcum Survey? Brenner where people do damage by throwing pebbles at each other?
By RadialArcana 2021-12-28 07:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
wouldn't it be awesome if the game wouldn't timeout within at the first confirmation box poping up after fullscreen just cause you got side tracked for a moment?

That's what it's supposed to do though, the point you're talking about is the transition from playonline servers to the ff servers.

Playonline is there as an anti hacking system, it's a separate server in a whole other location activating like a security fence around the actual servers. Purpose being to stop people stealing your very valuable accounts and gil to sell on. These accounts and the gil on them can be worth more than your car.

The playonline server authenticates your login details, then communicates to the actual server that you the login details are correct and to let you onto the FF servers. Hackers try to hijack this legit connection and that's why it has a strict duration. So if they hijack the session and boot you it will be invalid by the time they get back to where you were.
By Banhammer 2021-12-28 07:47:52
Link | Citer | R

1st - Unban all the banned accounts with the exception of those banned for botting. I know this will be unpopular, but if you want to bring people back to the game - this is where you start. Dangle the nostalgia carrot.

2nd - Free to play. The game is 20 years old with a staff of almost zero. It's crazy that we're being charged more than ever for it. I understand the economics on their end. There are plenty of other models.

3rd - Create some sort of automatic party finder system like duty finder for 14. Nobody has the time to sit and shout forever like they used to and nobody does. The level of awful the experience would be would depend on the difficulty of the content.

4th - Once you get people back and interested - capitalize on it - make more money than you have in ages and bring back developers and staff. Go from there.

I realize none of this is ever going to happen and the game is going to be stuck in a rut until the servers are closed down and the only ones left playing were the bots.
By RadialArcana 2021-12-28 08:16:09
Link | Citer | R

1: The point of banning is deterrent to others as well as to get rid of someone that can't learn a lesson easily, so joe normie doesn't go speed hacking around and the slow learner has time re-leveling to think on what he did. Most who get banned make new accounts, move to new games or just lose interest. Ubanning would be pointless and counter productive.

2: You know this game is a business right? it's not running to tickle your balls, it's running to make money for Square Enix. Swapping to f2p would not only ruin the game cause they would sell access to stuff (like weapon glows) and queue skips but require a massive cash investment of money that would demand -progress resets- (like removing your FREE REMA glows you got before the rapture). Also, the age is irrelevant: you're not paying for the game itself but you're paying for the wages of the people who update the game and spend years making new content, and yes there are quite a few people who not only work on it full time but also a lot of people who are paid as outside contractors to make stuff like music or graphic assets etc. It being 20 years old does not mean they need less money to live as staff paid to work on it. If you buy an antique car, you can't demand the mechanic charge you less cause it's old.

3: This isn't ff14, if you don't have time then go play that shi*how instead. The reason XI is how it is, is because they want you to communicate with people and have more difficult content. I've played all these games with party builders and they are souless, mindless and depressing as fuk, because even after playing with a hundred people all night you feel like you played with nobody. They also don't wanna talk to each other at all so it has to be faceroll or they still wont' do it cause they keep wiping.

4: Ff14 is there for this mindset, they farm players cash on that to the extreme (except they don't spend the money back on the games, they push it into ....ffxvi! as XI money was pushed into XIV!) and focus test to see more efficient ways to fleece you and "appeal to the wider audience of consumers". FF11 is there for the legacy players it has, the eye of sauron is not on us and that's a good thing. We are like a mom and pop store walmart keeps running and the CEO forgot they had.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-12-28 08:36:45
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
What do you want? I-level Orichalcum Survey? Brenner where people do damage by throwing pebbles at each other?

Why reply with some stupid *** sarcastic comment?

I clearly understood what he was saying. Domain Invasion is one example. You don't need to be mastered or geared to the teeth to participate. Even Mireu can be accessed by the aforementioned.

It's fine making content where you need to be heavily geared to participate but he's asking that not everything be built this way.

Banhammer said: »
1st - Unban all the banned accounts with the exception of those banned for botting. I know this will be unpopular, but if you want to bring people back to the game - this is where you start. Dangle the nostalgia carrot.

Possibly those who were banned in the past for things that are clearly overlooked/decriminalized today. I've lost count how many times someone talked about something they were banned for in the glory days and people reply "lol everyone does that now"

2nd - Free to play. The game is 20 years old with a staff of almost zero. It's crazy that we're being charged more than ever for it. I understand the economics on their end. There are plenty of other models.

Being free means 0 income to support the game. Unless you stared adding microtransactions which please .... no.

3rd - Create some sort of automatic party finder system like duty finder for 14. Nobody has the time to sit and shout forever like they used to and nobody does. The level of awful the experience would be would depend on the difficulty of the content.

FFXIV can do random people for all activities because of how jobs are structured and homogenized. That wouldn't work here because jobs are unique. At least we have trusts. I'm fine with some content requiring you to build groups. Leveling should never have required that.

I realize none of this is ever going to happen and the game is going to be stuck in a rut until the servers are closed down and the only ones left playing were the bots.

It very well may. Yes, the game is almost 20 years old but people still enjoy games older than this. The problem is that they didn't act soon enough for certain things like banning bots. If they tried doing that now, at least half the population of actual players would be gone.
By Banhammer 2021-12-28 14:26:53
Link | Citer | R

Enjoy your dead game and more of what got it here.

1: The point of banning is deterrent to others as well as to get rid of someone that can't learn a lesson easily, so joe normie doesn't go speed hacking around and the slow learner has time re-leveling to think on what he did. Most who get banned make new accounts, move to new games or just lose interest. Ubanning would be pointless and counter productive.

2: You know this game is a business right? it's not running to tickle your balls, it's running to make money for Square Enix. Swapping to f2p would not only ruin the game cause they would sell access to stuff (like weapon glows) and queue skips but require a massive cash investment of money that would demand -progress resets- (like removing your FREE REMA glows you got before the rapture). Also, the age is irrelevant: you're not paying for the game itself but you're paying for the wages of the people who update the game and spend years making new content, and yes there are quite a few people who not only work on it full time but also a lot of people who are paid as outside contractors to make stuff like music or graphic assets etc. It being 20 years old does not mean they need less money to live as staff paid to work on it. If you buy an antique car, you can't demand the mechanic charge you less cause it's old.

3: This isn't ff14, if you don't have time then go play that shi*how instead. The reason XI is how it is, is because they want you to communicate with people and have more difficult content. I've played all these games with party builders and they are souless, mindless and depressing as fuk, because even after playing with a hundred people all night you feel like you played with nobody. They also don't wanna talk to each other at all so it has to be faceroll or they still wont' do it cause they keep wiping.

4: Ff14 is there for this mindset, they farm players cash on that to the extreme (except they don't spend the money back on the games, they push it into ....ffxvi! as XI money was pushed into XIV!) and focus test to see more efficient ways to fleece you and "appeal to the wider audience of consumers". FF11 is there for the legacy players it has, the eye of sauron is not on us and that's a good thing. We are like a mom and pop store walmart keeps running and the CEO forgot they had.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-28 14:30:14
Link | Citer | R

site needs a dislike or a downvote button
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10