What Do You Want To See In FFXI?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do you want to see in FFXI?
What do you want to see in FFXI?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-12-15 22:14:12
Link | Citer | R

I always felt delve prior to iLvl introduction was the perfect balance of content difficulty and rewards weren’t too overwhelmingly OP but they definitely made the clears slightly easier to win. I always felt that’s how content should be.

I remember back on Cerberus, it took quite a few runs to kill Tojil with the most pimped players on the server at the time. Even after the first win, flawless runs didn’t occur. But the winning rate increased and it was noticeable. That’s what I’d like to see happen again.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2021-12-15 23:12:16
Link | Citer | R

instant imps for coalitions. 6mo gate for ergons is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. especially with the state of the game now.
[+]
 Asura.Msmissy
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2021-12-15 23:28:34
Link | Citer | R

Storage slips for accessories.
Remove the assault req from mythic weapons.
Remove the house cooldown for ichor and give that gate a queue system.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-16 00:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Return of Voidwatch but in Adoulin Zones.
[+]
By Ahbon 2021-12-16 04:51:52
Link | Citer | R

Less waiting times for Omen ....
More high levels mobs for leveling ..
More CP points rewards to players ...
Server YELL monitoring Players Auto spamming ...
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-12-16 06:21:50
Link | Citer | R

llAKs0nll said: »
Return of Voidwatch but in Adoulin Zones.

Abyssea aht urghan too would be nice,
By Mattelot 2021-12-16 06:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
instant imps for coalitions. 6mo gate for ergons is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. especially with the state of the game now.

It is but as I mentioned, bayld is super cheap now. If you simply take away the 6 month gate, they'll be easier to get than a relic.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2021-12-16 06:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Be able to queue for instances and change zones, but stay in the queue.
By billnes 2021-12-23 05:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
A gil fountain in the mog garden.

The only reason why you want that is because the RMT have the AH prices so wildly out of control across all servers.
[+]
By billnes 2021-12-23 06:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Updated connection speed, no more 56k. Waiting 30 seconds every time I zone to use my LS makes me a sad panda :(

Another one would be a graphics update. I'd also like the social aspect of the game back, I mean it's still there, but it's not like it was back in the day. Most things are soloed or done with alts ><

-- I KNOW this is way too long. But I believe this is really important. --

The client was originally written to operate on the PlayStation2 (PS2) home video game console and a PC running Microsoft’s Windows 98. At that time, both would have been running at least a dial-up modem in compliance with the v.90 specification. The v.90 specification has specific speed limits. The data flowing downwards, from the datacenter in Japan to the players PS2 console or Windows 98 PC is called a download. It had a theoretical maximum speed of 56 Kilobytes per second (Kb/s). The data flowing upwards from the player’s PS2 console or Windows 98 PC to the datacenter in Japan is called an upload. It could move at a theoretical maximum speed of 33.6 Kb/s. Depending on a whole laundry list of factors - such as line noise caused by moisture that has penetrated the outdoor telephone wiring - the maximum upload and download speed could vary greatly, from town to town and between different local or nationwide dial-up internet service providers (ISPs).

On the game screen, network status is represented in the upper right corner by two arrows, a percentage, an S (send) and an R (receive) number. With the connection to the game world being stable, there will be green flowing arrows and a “100%”. If packets begin to drop or there is no response from the server (sometimes called R0), the percentage will begin to fall and the arrows tint towards red until it hits 0%. This is when the client program determines that the player is disconnected and returns them to either the title screen or another error that sends them back to PlayOnline. Should a player’s character become disconnected, the character may remain in the game world for upwards of thirty (30) seconds with a red PlayOnline dot, indicating the issue to other players. Players will not be able to log back into their character until this process completes with the character disappearing out of the game world.

The game client was engineered with the speed limits of the v.90 modem in mind. Because of this, the maximum download speed of the game is approximately 3Kb/s or 3,000 baud duplex. This was, and still is the biggest contributor to lag in areas where there are high numbers of players. The client was never engineered to handle so much data coming through such a small pipe all at once. Currently, there is no practical way to bypass the 3Kb/s limit. Doing so would involve deconstructing and rebuilding the client and server network stacks. Doing both would be multi-million dollar-wasting tasks of gargantuan proportions.

Since its release, the game has had several expansions. The game now has exponentially more content then it had in 2002. Regardless of the fact that the game’s data flow rate of 3Kb/s has not changed, the game will perform with less lag-behind and far fewer disconnects from the data center, (usually error code POL-2059) if players can use a reliable broadband connection of at least 100 Megabits per second (Mbps)…

On June 14, 2016, New York Times Reporter Cecilia Kang wrote an article. In summary: A 2-to-1 decision from a three-judge panel at the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia affirmed the government’s view: Broadband internet is no longer a luxury item. It can now be defined as a utility. It is as essential as running water, sanitary sewer lines, copper-based local loop analog telephone service (P.O.T.S. [Plain Old Telephone Service] lines), oven/stove gas and electricity.

An FCC report from November of 2018 says that more than nineteen million people live in rural parts of the United States, where broadband internet options are limited. For example, highspeedinternet.com states the following: As of late 2018, Viasat, a satellite-based internet provider is available to 99% of Iowa zip code 50240. However, it only has a maximum download speed of 25Mbps. Additionally, Windstream DSL, at 100Mbps is only available to 2% of the area covered by Iowa zip code 50240.

Today, most Canadians have access to a minimum service level of at least 50 Mbps for downloads and 10 Mbps for uploads. However, many rural and remote regions of Canada lack the infrastructure to deliver these minimum service levels. The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) is setting up a fund to help ensure these minimum service levels will reach the most rural and remote regions of Canada. By the end of 2021, CRTC expects 90% of Canadian homes and businesses will have access to the minimum service levels of at least 50 Mbps for downloads and 10 Mbps for uploads.

To show razor-sharp contrast, an excerpt from a January 2009 document entitled Homegrown Terrorism 1, 2, 3: South Korea’s Next Challenge against Terrorism is shown below. This document was written by Steve Sung-Kun Sin. Steve Sung-Kun Sin graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1995 with a BA in Government. At the time he wrote this document, he was a Major in the US Army and also the Chief of Open Source Intelligence Branch, Directorate of Intelligence, US Forces Korea.

“The ROK is one of the world's most technologically and scientifically advanced countries; it is the only country in the world with nationwide 100Mbit/s broadband internet access, full HDTV broadcasting, DMB, WiBro [South Korean service name for IEEE 802.16e] and 3G HSDPA. [High Speed Downlink Packet Access] It is currently the most wired nation in the world, with more than 90 per cent of all homes connected to high speed broadband internet.”
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-12-23 06:06:36
Link | Citer | R

anything where the priority is to be fun and rewarding instead of time consuming and money making.
By RadialArcana 2021-12-23 07:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »

Yeah then people would queue and forget they queued and go afk, then be inside ambuscade afk for 20 mins.

Shichishito said: »
anything where the priority is to be fun and rewarding instead of time consuming and money making.

Fun and rewarding means you do it for a week and never do it again, humans tire of things incredibly quickly unless you make it a grind, and mmo players tend to like grind.

As a HNMLS long ago, we killed a few things for fun one time.

Vrtra and Jormy.
 Bahamut.Immortalknightx
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Immortalknightx 2021-12-23 09:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Well said, if they put some money and time into this baby they could see the people come back,if you ask me this game is better than Wow and its still being fully updated and rendered and back end updated.
By Shichishito 2021-12-23 09:58:06
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »

Yeah then people would queue and forget they queued and go afk, then be inside ambuscade afk for 20 mins.
i think it's more likely they aren't AFK if they don't have to stay anchored in mahaura and could go do other stuff while waiting but you could always give a sound and/or flashy screen notification.

RadialArcana said: »
Fun and rewarding means you do it for a week and never do it again, humans tire of things incredibly quickly unless you make it a grind, and mmo players tend to like grind.
did you just argue they can't add anything fun to a videogame cause ppl would get bored with it too quickly? i'd argue if ppl already get tired after a hour of playing your new content it never was good or fun to begin with.

there is grind that strikes a good balance between effort and reward and then there is grind for the sake of stretching out low effort content for as long as possible.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-23 10:03:02
Link | Citer | R

Square doesn't care if you have fun. They care if you log in.

A grind is a proven more effective method than fun to produce the desired effect.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-23 10:15:04
Link | Citer | R

That's not entirely true. There exist both good and poor kinds of repetitive tasking. The task must be fun and/or rewarding, but always satisfying for the player. If it isn't fulfilling in some way, people won't play your game. If it's rewarding without being fun, it's a grind.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-12-23 10:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Gambits said: »
Race change please, I made a mistake in 2006...

I can relate to this, I picked the bald hume (no correlation with my name btw, just coincidence lol), and turns it's considered by many to be the queerest and most pervert looking >< lol

Holla to all the Bald looking humes out there, stay strong :D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-23 10:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Yeah out of all of the QOL they've done, I'm really surprised they haven't added functionality to change even just your face and hair colour. My guess is that there's something internal with the spaghetti code that prevents it.

When you think about it, it's a win-win-win: Square-Enix could charge people like $20 per change (and people would pay it), people could fix their mistakes (especially because that awful character creator doesn't show you what you look like in-game), and it would allow them to add more models to the game over time.

Yet another reason why I'm hoping they can port the game to a new engine. Personally, I'm happy with face 1B. But that won't stop me from backing up everyone who wants the option.
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-12-23 11:11:36
Link | Citer | R

1. The ability to change one's race (without add-on)
2. Fix loading times
3. Perhaps make majority of things slip-able
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-23 12:04:05
Link | Citer | R

The reason they've never allowed race change is probably something reallllllly stupid like inability to properly code the RSE quest to change and having to change literally every dialogue in the game from him to her etc

While it may or may not actually be an easy task, remember who would be doing it so it's impossible. There really isn't much reason other than something really dumb being why.

(AF123 etc is a good answer too)

There is also a (just one I think?) gender specific quest too. Trions bride. That flag would have to be set or unset in addition to RSE flags.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-23 12:29:15
Link | Citer | R

If they did allow you to change your gender, it would probably break something else they never considered, like Dancer artifact armor. They make a change like that and then you can't equip your armor (or worse, you have to throw it out and start a new quest from scratch). Apparently, they are gendered sets, so even though they are the exact same piece of item, they'd have to retroactively apply your gender switch to every piece of gendered armor, which is probably not possible if it's on slips. Though they could just make this fixable through the repairer moogle, but this is just an example of something down the cracks they probably won't even consider and they would make the change and mess something else up
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-23 12:58:31
Link | Citer | R

Also, I actually don't know this answer.

When you replay a cs, does it remember what you wore or does it wear your current clothes. If it's the former that's a hard no kinda thing right there.
By Shichishito 2021-12-23 12:58:44
Link | Citer | R

isn't there a addon for race/gender changes?

*edit*
and don't give me "but that's not going to change how other ppl see me"
nobody gives a ***what your character looks like. ppls care about loading times which is why most of them have the option on where everyone else runs around in starter gears and those who didn't yet probably cause they don't know that option exists.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-23 13:07:40
Link | Citer | R

(this is going to start a huge fight)

That's what it is. It's not about BEING a taru, it's about needing other people to acknowledge you as a taru. Because it's about attention.

You can be vegan without telling everyone, all the time, that you are vegan. But they can't. Because it's not about being vegan, it's about people knowing you're vegan. And they will claim it's not, and that's mental illness.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-23 13:08:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
When you replay a cs, does it remember what you wore or does it wear your current clothes.

It wears your current clothes, lol. I remember going back to watch some BLU cutscenes for the artifact armor after I obtained it, and it showed me in my BLU armor and not whatever I was wearing before. Which was cool, because I wanted to be a BLU understudy for that moment in time.

to Shish: it DOES matter. The number one thing people suggest is a gender/race change. Who do you think they are doing that for? Galka jokes happen because people SEE that you ARE a Galka. Lol

Also, the majority of people who would support this kind of addition would be JP, and they don't use addons at all. I am sure there are a lot of Galkas who have regerts over picking the mine slaves, but have invested too much into their characters to start over.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-23 13:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Race and gender is one thing. I think the face models and hair colours could be pretty easily circumvented. That said, I'm not sure how much I'd want to see dozens of hair colours per face. I sort of like the limitations that keep things within the realm of realism.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-23 13:19:20
Link | Citer | R

"if we allow face and hair then we would have to allow race and gender"
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-23 13:29:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"if we allow face and hair then we would have to allow race and gender"
Is that a quote, or is that you speaking as hypothetical Square-Enix?

Either way; I know race/gender is a bigger issue, but I'm sure some folks would be happy to see more faces, hair styles, and hair colours.
By Beau 2021-12-23 17:29:05
Link | Citer | R

I want to be able to trade voiddust infinitely to increase my voidstone stock, instead of having to trade/fight 6 voidwatch mobs at a time.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10