Lamia Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Kinzu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Pra
By Bahamut.Kinzu 2024-01-20 16:02:50
Link | Citer | R

I've had about a 95% clear rate with my /yell PUG groups on VD.

I've taken a myriad of jobs such as THF, DNC, WAR, SAM, DRG etc. I don't strictly yell for a specific piercing DD. If your healer has a good idle/dt set with blink/SS up while he/she is attacked by the Skathi/Frigg for like 15 seconds it comes down to people paying attention on the dance mechanic. I have my healer face the wall at the starting corner as shown on Velner's video.

Set up:

3 Piercing DDs (If I had a WAR in the PT to do the initial voke as noted below, I've gone RDM/NIN will Max/TP Bonus Sword and done 50K+ Black Halos, as blunt damage is also strong)
BRD
COR
WHM or SCH

As SAM/WAR, I voke the Freyja in the center, the other two piercing DD's face the same side as me, and we take down the Freyja within 15-30 sec max. I voke Skathi and we zerg it down, same with the Frigg. I've also saved Warcry until we start on the Skathi and the Frigg will face me and get off the healer (note, the Frigg and Skathi will go attack your healer for about 10-15 seconds as I noted above).

Fight time should be no more than 90 seconds total between the three Lamia.

You can kill the Freyja & Skathi before any dance/turning mechanics. I will emphasize using a Hybrid or DT set.

Frigg at approx. 75% or less HP will be more likely to use the dance TP move, but you may only need to turn once total. If you get charmed, your healer can run and you'll be good to go once the charm wears.

In short, as long as your DD's line up on the same side together and perform the turn mechanic together you can clear this no problem. If your group is a little under geared, you can go down to Difficult and run the same set up and get the clear.
[+]
 Asura.Bronzequadav
Serveur: Asura
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-01-30 21:40:08
Link | Citer | R

What's the deal with heavenly arrow? been soloing VE and E with trusts and on E skathi will spam it(at low hp), seems to be critical HP + short duration petra aoe.

See in most other peoples solo vids it never uses it once.
 Asura.Anybody
user: Sisqo
By Asura.Anybody 2024-01-30 23:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
What's the deal with heavenly arrow? been soloing VE and E with trusts and on E skathi will spam it(at low hp), seems to be critical HP + short duration petra aoe.

You need to kill her fast at lower HP because heavenly arrow will be her favored TP move to do. Heavenly arrow will hate reset all the targets it hits.
By Felgarr 2024-01-31 00:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Using RNG + COR method, is there an appropriate distance that would not cause Draw In by Freyja?
 Asura.Anybody
user: Sisqo
By Asura.Anybody 2024-01-31 00:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Using RNG + COR method, is there an appropriate distance that would not cause Draw In by Freyja?

Just don’t use any debuffs on her but you may do it to her two adds, geomancy bubbles are okay though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 16:05:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Anybody said: »
Asura.Bronzequadav said: »

You need to kill her fast at lower HP because heavenly arrow will be her favored TP move to do. Heavenly arrow will hate reset all the targets it hits.

Best way for this is a skillchain if you can, can typically avoid taking any Heavenly Arrows at all. I usually do SAM for this fight so I do Fudo -> swap weapon -> Impulse Drive and that is usually enough to finish it from moderate HP. Can coordinate with other people or just have DRG do a Diarmud chain to do the same. Not sure what would work well for non-prime COR RNG setup though, pretty ignorant on ranged WS that aren't called Leaden Salute and Trueflight. Probably doesn't matter as much there though.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7